Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Kingdom of Tenai mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Vegabond_635

<t>10 = Good, 1 = Bad</t>

4%
No votes
No votes
2%
1%
3%
8%
19%
29%
35%

Total votes: 118

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Feedback Thread

Post by Crono_Devir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:35 am

i was playing and i noticed soemting...NO THROWING POTIONSee this in every mod, somehting modder should actually improve...they usely forget about, well, i have sevral suggestions for you...

1) a Set with the weapon type as a hand grenade...a throwing potion set, i think it would be intresting to see, you of course would be the first mod to have a throwing potion set (that i know of)

2) more potions, make them buyable, i think it may just be me, but i always loved useing throwing potions on monsters, especialy those poisonous gas potions

3) a unique throwing potion, like the 'Holy Hand Grenade' or soemhting, it would be a fun think to see, maby a weapon for a necro?..the set could be for the necro as well

[non throwing potion suggestions]

1) i noticed, the hell difficulty act hirelings have more then 1 aura, obviously makeing them better then the other, but it seems kinda pointless sence you won't have time to level them up any, i think it would be beter to get these hirelings earlyer so you can actually lvl them up to 100 or what ever, sence if you this iis jsut from experisnce, but a hirleing leveled up from lvl 7 to 90ish is ALOT better then the same hireling bought AT level 90, but i guess it is kinda a bad trade off, better aura..but can't lvl them :\

dunno if you have this already, but...an unsocket recipie would be nice (dropped a chippy into a 5 sock blacksmithed armor :( )

i think aura gems shoudl keep the same stats as perfect gems..only a little better, like..perfect skull has +1 to all skilsl..yet aura skull gives lvl 4 throns :\ seems odd...

...well these are my random toughts for now...tootles :)

geitje
Paladin

Post by geitje » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:29 am

nice work on the new sets vega, the added posibilities are awesome, like burning symbol on the lv 90 sorc set (this set {filtered} rocks btw!!), Lich transform on the lv 90 nec set etc etc, nice work dude, it adds to the joy of playing
tho i hate u for making TP's unbuyable and tomes too expensive ;-)

jerebaldo1

Post by jerebaldo1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:04 am

Man I love KOT; it unintentionally takes the best aspects of Sacred and merges it with the established D2 system. The only thing that could do with improvement is monster balance; I really feel that based on the mod's current completeness that its ready to be looked at. I say this because it doesn't make any sense to run up against nova, meteor, or fissure spewing monsters that can kill in one hit. I say, either make every monster type that deadly, through sheer numbers or individual might, or weaken the egregiously powerful ones. With respect to Vega, you've answered me on this issue in the past with the intention to make the other monsters as deadly as these 1 hit killers; I do see an increase in monster agressiveness but not in their effectiveness.

If you want my unabashed solution I'd say you do both to varying degrees. Increase the power of all monsters by a certain factor, and then nerf the crap out of the 1 hit killers. I'd say make em do like half the damage at most that they currently do. Doing this would really smooth out the mod's feel.

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:14 am

the only 1 hit monster i have seen is Titan Tenai...the other cast on deaht mosnter..meteror and nove..barely take 10% of my life..and it was alwya slike this..even when i was lvl 20ish, as for fisure..it takes about 10% every seocndi can stand on fisure the whole time and not loose half my life, i don't know why people always complaine about these things...there uber easy to deal with

...the case with Titan Tenai...he is the only monster i can't kill in 1 hit either, simply because he heals jsut as fast as i do dmg...but i am working on this :) (9k dmg, PLUS a modifyer of +984% enhanced damage on my armor)...so it's 70kish and i can hit as fast as 1 frame (25 hits a second)..so i SHOULD be able to get past his healing (note: i play with /players 8)

the only problem with tenai is maby a few spelling errors and soem incomplete sets (i have a full set of 2rigns and 1 ammy...all it gives is +3 to def lol)
Last edited by Crono_Devir on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something that does not exist cannot bring itself into existence.

Infinity cannot be added to or subtracted from or divided, or multiplied. Numbers are not infinite either. The idea that they are is called a mathematical hallucination. Just as the idea that something can be cut by 50% infinitely is also a hallucination.

bunnies

Post by bunnies » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:53 pm

FYI Crono, 1 FPS is impossible. Doesnt matter how fast you think you are hitting, you arent reaching 1 FPS.

BTW .... if your that fast and none of the on death spells have ever killed you, [mod]removed content that aren't allowed to discuss, se our global announcement[/mod]
Last edited by bunnies on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jerebaldo1

Post by jerebaldo1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:51 pm

Well true it doesnt help that I'm a summoner necro, but the fact still remains that these nova meteor fissure casters are leagues above their peers in power. Every monster in a particular area should either have something about them that makes em equally dangerous, or else should give gobs of experience for being extraordinarily deadly.

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:54 pm

yes, i am that fast, and no, none of the death spells have ever killed me, i can get even fast if i wanted..but then when i attack..i would litteraly disappear, as there is no sprite if you are attackign less then 1 frame per secondconsidering that i have over 500%ish IAS plus lvl 62 fanaticism, and of course zeal which is lvl 90ish
Something that does not exist cannot bring itself into existence.

Infinity cannot be added to or subtracted from or divided, or multiplied. Numbers are not infinite either. The idea that they are is called a mathematical hallucination. Just as the idea that something can be cut by 50% infinitely is also a hallucination.

Maliciant

Post by Maliciant » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:16 pm

I like this mod a lot, zyel, nez, eastern sun being others I liked quite a bit too... but the on death stuff is a little over the top. It might not be so bad if players weren't hit with some resistance problems, but an 800 hp character with 0% resistance to lit (not -100%) still dies in one hit from on death nova, I hate to think how melee chars deal with that one, I assume it involves a bow and basically making that area super tedious. Meteor can be avoided though it's plenty nasty, so much is usually going on that it's easy to not notice the 5 or six glowing rings all around you... but fissure on death, if it targetted the monster that died, it wouldn't be so bad, but it targets whoever killed the monster, which means about the only class that can kill those guys with much safety is assassins using traps (because for whatever reason blizzard made traps opperate seperately, so no mana per kill, and no fissure landing on the assassin who cast the trap that killed the blunder dork).

The crafting stuff isn't entirely clear about what you get for the various recipes, but I figure that's just cause I haven't messed with them much yet. I assume I've overlooked some easy way to crank up my resistances so that I can survive the durance and maybe even some of the on death stuff... (that's what I'm doing here... looking for info on that in the other threads).

Still, all that whining aside, I really like this mod, and I'm looking forward to future versions.

Mr Fook

Post by Mr Fook » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:56 am

I would give it a 10 but I felt that this mod is favored towards distance and magic attacks instead of melee attacks ( well untill you get IAS and better skills) and my fav char is the barb :(. I hope in a near patch that you will make normal atleast fun instead of extremely annoying for melee chars. Besides that, this mod is one of the best I have played.

FLIPPER

Post by FLIPPER » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:13 am

I think your mod is awesome. The most funnest mod yet I have played. I am still playing it. Mainly my goal is to make builds for each char and sub-class to go through Hell and be able to beat game by myself. I do see some balance issues need to be done like lvl 30 sets should maybe start falling in Act 3 norm since on the average most ppl kill Duriel around lvl 30-33 or is it?(without items given to yourself from PlugY or help from others in elsewhere) maybe so on and so forth with spacing out where and when they drop in cooridance to the players lvl would be nice to have a decent set before I go up against Diablo or Baal.

Most thing dropped for me in norm was ticks and tocks. You can get up to lvl 75 in norm fast but wouldn't want to stick around for long. Also if the exp was changed in Norm I just thought that it would be alot harder for melee chars vs. casters that kill kill more monsters faster. But you won't have Uniques till gold goblits start dropping(nightmare) And (Norm Baal) some uniques like the normal uniques are really helpfull in early game to help beat Norm having then uniques or a lvl 30 set in norm will allow you to move on to NM.Gold Goblits Chance to fall in worldstone keep areas I would make the drop happen but very small chance to get.

I notice some uniques do drop like amulets and rings mainly Rose rings and very low lvl Amulets like Lucky Pendant but you would want to picture yourself up against a boss with some good gear. Also I love the lvl 140 runes that Anya sells maybe add in 2 more one to add majic skills and one for psn skills I would name it Toxic Anger or Public Intoxication preferrably PI sounds funny.

Also I do not see a problem with Fissure on Death or Metoer or any problems from any monsters. They can all die and be avoided. My gold find is up to almost 7k and it takes 4ever to collect the gold then when on full given the right amount of reduce vendor prices. some skills take alot of time to buy but it isn't that much that big of a deal since it does add some difficulty to the game getting skills: )

Also some sets items are mixed up like the sorc set that has a circlet I turned it into set and it came up with something else other than the sorc set that was specifically on your main site.

Vegabond: Had to put this in here just cuz I'm editing it, some sets use the same base item (circlet), you may have to try more then once on the same base item.

But I most of all I hope you will decide to finish this mod of all things. I think alot of ppl that play mods say they liked a mod then the maker lets it die. Hope you don't let this mod die I see great potential in this mod I am getting a better feel with how to build a char than with regular D2 and understandings on the skills and how they work.

Think the best way so far to get feedback is from polls I love reading the polls myself. Also I have played the Paladin some and I gave up on it from confusion with trying to make Templars Essence Item and I have not found a Tenai TimeCard anywhere in hell? So the fusion is a little confusing. Act 3 Merc set should be beefed up a bit so that if you put a certain rune or Gem in it can be used in NM to get more out of it so to speak.

I give this mod a 8 Probably will give it a 10 when complete. I read an old topic about an Idea this person had think it was the same guy from the reply above which is a good idea. About making a Potion Set thought it would be cool for a Trap Assasin to have or Psn Necro to have or just add 6 or more unique potions to the game that would have different lvls and they get better and better. I can see this mod making uniques usefull of everything. I know I would like to have say a Unique Fulminating Potion in Norm with around 1200 Psn Dmg or better yet Psn Dmg on (Player lvl) and 15-20%chance to to cast lvl 5 Poison Nova on Hit I would have these potions mainly for Fire(Grenades)(or make a stamina potion orange and call it Combustion Vile. My idea for Grenade would have the Dragon Tail Graphics. and Psn(Toxic Viles){I would use the stamina potion graphics for the Toxic Viles} since I know noone uses them and make the color Green, and for Psn Necro or Trap Assasin since she kinda sucks in my oppinion.

Not sure what item I would use for the grenades maybe the orange potions graphics, or make Also don't forget Replenish Quantity or for the highest lvl ones have unlimited(Throwable) not sure if that still works. Or just make it a non class specific Item so everyone can use these fun items. I know what your thinking BlahBlahBlah. Keep up the good work Vega!!!

TTFN: That's what Tigger Says hehe
Last edited by FLIPPER on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:35 am

I'm sorry I couldn't read that, have you heard of the return key?

It makes spaces between paragraphs and sentences.

It's really really usefull in making things readable.

As you can see. :) Sorry if this sounds rude, but its a fact, and what you just said I'm sure is good feedback and well thought out, but very hard to read.
Last edited by Vegabond_635 on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner and single Modder of Kingdom of Tenai

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

geebob

Post by geebob » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:09 am

this mod kick ass i gave it a 10 u juste need to fix some little bugs like when i am in throne i always crash and the thing with the merc aura when u have more than 29 skills

cya and keep nice working
:P

FLIPPER

Post by FLIPPER » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:44 am

Heh! Sorry about that Vega. My writing skills need to be practiced some more. I will try to make my posts more representable in the future.

cody911911
Paladin

Post by cody911911 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:23 am

Liked the mod, would be nice to be able to buy tp scrolls but have the tomes difficult to find still, and also if you are going to keep durance 3 so big could you put in a waypoint somewhere. I spent 2-3 hours to get through it and never had a chance to take a break. Other than that i love it keep up the good work dude.

DragonSlash

Post by DragonSlash » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:41 pm

Here's some suggestions :) (poor English though 8-O )

The idea of sub-class is good, but the difference between
3 sub-class was really little coz some tomes/equipments
make all sub-class similar. Maybe the special skills on
Char-specific jewels & Rare/Magic tomes should be disabled,
to make every sub-class more unique.

Some synergies should be added to improve some weak skills,
like Traps, they dont gain any benefits in KOT even I have
Lightning/Cold/Fire Mastery---bcz they don't enhance the traps,
so the trap doesn't work very well in Hell even with Conviction Aura.
Amazon's javelin/spear skills has problems too, but she has
Light of goddess :(

The secret tome boss in Throne is funny :) I hope more
special area can be added to KOT(maybe the red portal
can be re-designed??)
Last edited by DragonSlash on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teeseeii

Post by teeseeii » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:57 pm

This mod is not good. Its GODLY. With the subclasses, skillsystem, new items, uniques, sets,gem & runes, this is the best mod in the universe. Period.

tcr

Post by tcr » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:41 pm

A really great mod and much fun to play. And when its completely done.... nothing else then perfect!! :D

I think there are some little balancing issues (the way I see it) and I miss some small details, but then I might simply be a little bit too greedy...

Keep up the great work Vega!!

supersonic666
Paladin

Post by supersonic666 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:17 pm

would be 10 if u fix the throne room crashes><

new_avatar

Post by new_avatar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:27 am

Would be 10 if you fix 27th bug. Other than that i really love the mod. Allthough i too think you might add a waypoint in durance lvl 3. It's waaay to big

Bullnull

Post by Bullnull » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:31 am

well.i just got 1.11 find it good.......
but when i wanna 1.13a......fileplanet.....low speed less than 1kb/s......download progress get stuck....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

i've gone over that more than 3 days,and i really got mad! :x :x :x :x

can some one give me another web-site to download?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas!!!!!
Last edited by Bullnull on Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

supersonic666
Paladin

Post by supersonic666 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:38 pm

lol

n0s_482

Post by n0s_482 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:05 am

great mod i gave it a nine but then i had to take 8 points away for one simple but easy flaw in the tristram map rebuild you forgot on thing that blizzard got so many prasies for the fact the when you are on the bias of a wall it becomes tranlusent tristram dosen't so when all the carvers are running around in the middle the shamans are by the walls it is very un-nerveing

concubine

Post by concubine » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:39 pm

"If you are an Einstein of diablo this is the game for you!"

RATE 10!!!!!!!!!!

(This was a quote from my own writing I put on top- I did not think I can sound so cool - but the game deservs it! It exploits the possiblities of Diablo - damn - so cool. What duel character varieties could be done!!!?)

I finally got to kill hell baal - it was hell of a test!! but the best what worked for me was a bow zon with both skills: -multicoldshot and -firestrafe (with the bow +1 to fire mastery!). Use the blaze and cold anger gems from Anya in act 5 in your stuff. You can have 3 valkyries! Awesome! (Not easy at all though).

The second best worked a cold sourceress with coldstorm 10000damage finally but was not as good as the zon particularly for hell baal. There is crazy guys down there billion times crazyer than a frenzy worrior. Only my zonz firestrafe could kill him securely. You need the cold damage however for the restof the creatures in hell baal. I used the golem shield and colossus golem with sourceress that is pretty awasome too. I also made a furyzon (with the javeline with the ligning mastery in it!!!) this is cazily good all over the game other than hell baal. (So many lgning resist).

I also made a cold enchantress 10000 cold damge!, a fire enchantress 38000fire damage, and a ligtning enchantress80000lighning damage!! Crazy!. But these despite their high damage are not enough in themselves. Which also means the game is pretty well done. Now I would like to play with someone! OK I will pm to someone - I wonder how we can get conected.

Well good luck crazy people! This could be an awesome game for advanced diablo players what duell possiblilities?! It would be crazyly complex varieties! it is just carzy.

The only nuisance part is to get the skill tablets one by one very boring but the good side is that you cannot mess up a character by adding wrong skills! You can easily give another skillpalette to the same character. DO NOT PUT MORE THAN 16 into different skills in the common skills (by pressing "T"). This causes the game to bug. Yes you can mess up a character this way. No more then 12 (you may have extras by items). But you dont need so much these skills anyway you need lot more the ones on your palette feeding the tablets.

It is crazy I would like to buy full skill pallett for each of the characters, so I dont have to feed them tablest for hours. You could buy them and you couod spare all the effoort to do it yourself.

Well I went totally crazy but very complex and very creative and if you are an Einstein of diablo this is the game for you!

Concubine

Ps: I now built a assassin Samurai to roll through the monsters since we dont have teleport - I wish that could do some killing down there too at hell ball the harder monsters are impossibly slow to kill although I use the best katana and cb etc. Anyway I make a tp and zon takes tp - and unfortunately GAME CRASH especially if I die with ass but I now working on the idea of hell baalruns.

Return to “Kingdom of Tenai”