Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Kingdom of Tenai mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Vegabond_635

<t>10 = Good, 1 = Bad</t>

4%
No votes
No votes
2%
1%
3%
8%
19%
29%
35%

Total votes: 118

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:38 am

I was, and honestly, I really like paladin, though zealot is my favorite. You'd think I'd give my favorite class all the attention, but instead if split it up evenly, he has new skills just like the other 7 classes, the 2 hunter kills are 'very' good at level 20+.
Owner and single Modder of Kingdom of Tenai

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

GOD
Paladin

Post by GOD » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:28 pm

I like everyone, thats why your mod rocks
Every char is "nice"
As for the zealot, even in regular d2ex, he makes a fine leecher :)

Cloud
Champion of the Light

Re: Feedback Thread

Post by Cloud » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:51 am

I've played your mod for a week now and I really enjoyed it.

Now I'm in Mephistos level and I it's much to big.
I've played through until I came to a red portal. In the battle I klicked on it and the game crashed.

4 hours playing for nothing. Thats most frustrating. And perhaps it was only the one half of the level.

I have really problems with my elementalist. I can't buy so much skills because of money problems. I don't know how I can reach to kill Mephisto when I can't get to him. I don't have much more time per day than 4 hours.
I'm not a signature I'm only tyding up here...

Sirmaximilllian

Post by Sirmaximilllian » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:09 pm

Yo Vega, It's about a 6. Some monsters are unreallistically hard, your server creates some lag, and I dont know what the {filtered} u did the the skill/crafting system. I got most crafting and skills down but what about the ones on the right hand side? This is good but can be better=)

Do you use C++ for extra coding or VB4.0?

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:09 pm

First off, the server has nothing to do with the MOD, itself, so basing anything off that is a little out of place. Second, I dont code edit, the DLL's were given to me by darque from THoC, he modified my d2win.dll some more for the new char titles in 1.10.

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Fire Bal
Paladin

Post by Fire Bal » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:34 am

I gave it a 10!!
And quite frankly it deserves it!!
I mean i love this mod :D
Theres just that 27th state bug that bugs me :D but it is avoidable :D Thankfully!!
And when this mod gets some more releases it will litterally be the best (well maybe :))
Lovin the mod Vega!
Cya's |\/|atey!
Fire Bal.
Why is there a bug on my screen?

maxbloo

Post by maxbloo » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:01 pm

this mod is awesome, 10/10. keep up the good work vega
i ve played diablo2 since it came out, but i play KoT now like 2-3 hours / day. im addicted to it! if you need suggestions feel free to PM me :D

DeicidalManiac

Post by DeicidalManiac » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:21 am

I gave it a 6. Originally, I would have given it a 10, in fact I was all set to give this Mod a 10. Then I got to Act II. I could deal with most of the cast-on-death uberspells, like the Meteor from the Vampire Subtypes, and even the novas from the Tainted Subtypes,but the ettins doing Fissure, where it's almost impossible to escape unscathed, well...I can even deal with that. But when Duriel is completely impossible to hurt with cold damage, and one is a cold sorc...well, I think you can see where this is going. Giving him complete immunity, or as close as you can get to it, to cold and freezing is harsh, also considering the massive Increase in monster movement means there is almost NO way of escaping him. my hirelings die in a single blow, so does my Golem. And the Cubing & Crafting things are still a little too vague in my opinion, other than knowing I can cube + to spell tabs onto my orb thing, I don't know what else the cube is good for other than traditional D2 stuff. If you could set up a way of explaining what everything does, or what exactly these things are used for (for example, what the deuce is gilding? or Fusion? what does the Classonly item+magic tab, ect+ fusion orb give you?, ect ect), and then work on the Duriel being able to wax anyone using cold thing and balance him out a little better, and maybe drop or lessen the On Death spells, this would get a 10, easy. I'm not whinging, I am simply giving feedback from my experience. I love this MOD, I consider it the most enjoyable I've ever played because it turns D2 into a whole new game. And I think after everything's said and done, it will continue to be the best. But just because it's the best, does not mean it's perfect. So, I say this: work on the balancing issues, and this game will walk all over even the original D2X in terms of replay value.
The man that has no music in himself, nor is not moved by sweet concord of sound, is fit for treasons, strategems, and spoils. The motions of his heart are as dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark The Music!
-William Shakespeare

sT-Garndell

Post by sT-Garndell » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:41 am

Vote = 7

There are still a few bugs in the game (27 passives, Treants etc) but overall it's a good mod. Duriel has always been overpowered, so that's not an issue but Death Meteor's & Nova's, Fissure etc are slightly overpowered for their location (according to character development).

Good to see Vega taking a leaf out of Blizzards book and fixing something but breaking something else (vendor price reduction).

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:51 am

gave it an 8

graphically really cool.
Playability fun, though due to buggy bits staying in game rather than being removed till they are fixed(like treants) can be annoying, and since you gotta avoid em atm you don't get the scroll same as if they were not there.
Total Immunities are fun, absorbtion can be funny too. always build a char with more than 1 focussed attack type. as someone mentioned it as a complaint earlier.

Will keep playing this mod for a while I think. Like I played ES for 3 years ;)

Greetz,

Ghost

FlaXz

Post by FlaXz » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:57 am

I really like this mod, it brings new life to D2, since D2 LoD is far too easy to get thru imo, this is a good change for me.

I dont want to complain about the bugs, since I assume this is not the finished version of the mod. And it's a freeware, so I'm being happy for what it is.

And this thing that you removed teleport from the boss levels, it was a really great thing to do.

Keep up the good work. :)

Gave it a 9 by the way :D
Last edited by FlaXz on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:51 am

Well, Well,..cast-on-death has never killed me..not once. And Money is no problem once you make it to cows...3 cow runs in normal can yield abotu 5 million gold (for me anyways), i gave the mod a 10, though i have no played sence uhh,, 1.09, i really found it fun, removeing the teleport form bosses was cool, cuz i really hate those lazy people that beg the sorc to tele to the boss and cast TP, and always doing those 'boss runs' for XP is stupid, if they wanted you to gain 5 levels ecvery 10 minutes...they would have made a 1-hit-kill monster with 1 hp, and 500000 XP, over all, fun mod, alot better then anything i can produce

[c]

geitje
Paladin

Post by geitje » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:08 am

3 cowruns for 5 mill? damn that's slow, per durancerun i gather about 40-50 mill if not more, cuz i never do entire lv cuz i don't know what to buy anymore after that often and go off to gamble on hell. the first 2-3 minutes on durance already give me 5 mill. sounds to me like u need better gf gear or to go to durance now ;-)

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:09 pm

my level 150 necro has a 5.6mil cap...cuz i know i filled my gold max every 3 runs...and i dang sure know i didn't get 5 billion..or else i could buy the whole store

mf gear is utterly useless, depends on how many players in the game mostly...and note i don't pick up actual gold piles unless they are 5000 or more...i pick up stuff like goblets and dragon herats and stuff...but i know for sure i maxxed my gold every 3 runs
Last edited by Crono_Devir on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnugglyFoo

Post by SnugglyFoo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:54 pm

Great mod Vega, but buggy(9). Many great features and it revives Dialo II for me. Watch out for malah pots guys(never pick them up[ever]). My good characters are bugged now so i'll have to cool off a bit. Maybe after the reset.

Xellos

Post by Xellos » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:25 am

Very good mod. I tried chaos empire, nez, hades underworld, second coming. Must say I like KoT a lot more! :)

Keep up the good work!

-- Xellos

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:54 pm

malah's pots?..the ones she sells..or is this a quest item?...i don't think i have ever bought them/....becasue i had so much life and mana regen...buying potions was obsolete..lol i gaines nearly 100 life/mana every 3 seconds (well, 150 l/m)

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:21 am

Its because hes running 1.10c on a 1.10a host so he sees ice potions when the host says ice sword, so it really messes stuff up.

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

geitje
Paladin

Post by geitje » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:15 pm

Crono_Devir";p="199384" wrote:malah's pots?..the ones she sells..or is this a quest item?...i don't think i have ever bought them/....becasue i had so much life and mana regen...buying potions was obsolete..lol i gaines nearly 100 life/mana every 3 seconds (well, 150 l/m)
malah's pot is the potion she gives you to thaw anya... you are talking about mana and healing potions...

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:10 am

No, he's not, he's talking about thawing potions that you see in shops that should be selling ice sword's, because he's playing 1.10c on a 1.10a host.

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

hawkysawky

Post by hawkysawky » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:33 pm

The mod is great , altough there are some bugs left : if i die i can't hit esc and I just stand on the same place where i died (without any eq) I have to re-enter the server to get my eq back , there are also some other bugs left like dark wood ... but it the end the mod turns out to be very good, I would give it a 9

HOWEVER

the server being down like "always?"

makes it worth a 6 or smth to me for now

gz GeHawk

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:40 pm

And the server isn't even part of 'the mod' nor is any bugs you experience because you're playing 1.10c on a 1.10a host, nor should you be talking about the server please.

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Ginga-Ninja

Post by Ginga-Ninja » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:56 pm

the mod is awesome ive played the other ones advertised on ur site but urs is the best. im still trying to fix the bug i got. appart from that it rocks.(oh yeah and duriel is easy just save up for 3 tal runes (the poison 1's) then shove em in a bow then u can kill him in 2 arrows its pie) :)

HooDRaT

Post by HooDRaT » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:41 pm

I voted 10 since this mod made want to pick up D2 again after 3 years of abstence..

You will see me hang here alot in the future!

FLIPPER

Post by FLIPPER » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:02 am

I think you are doing good with the mod It took me awhile to get the skills in my head. I think the skill system is the best part of this game.

Also I notice when I went to go kill Blood Raven in norm with my new cold
merc was hit by Blood raven and was blue and had open wounds to her blood was squirting out her neck After I killed Blood raven she was still
splirting blood and was blue it was kind of funny but I took her to town to talk to Akara to heal her she was still blue and bleeding from the neck but she never died that could be a problem maybe a small one.

Can't wait to get all 3 orbs

Return to “Kingdom of Tenai”