Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Kingdom of Tenai mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Vegabond_635

<t>10 = Good, 1 = Bad</t>

4%
No votes
No votes
2%
1%
3%
8%
19%
29%
35%

Total votes: 118

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Feedback Thread

Post by Vegabond_635 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:42 pm

Just want to know what people think so far. Gime a vote, and some feedback.
Owner and single Modder of Kingdom of Tenai

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Lord2k

Re: Feedback Thread

Post by Lord2k » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:45 pm

I think it's great. Although some minor bugs should be worked out when possible. And of course the mysterious game freezing bug. Great work, Vega. Looking forward to playing again with ya some time :lol:

Vaevictis

Post by Vaevictis » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:29 pm

Excellent, for an alpha/beta. I can't wait for the items to be completed (along with a plethora of completely new skills :D ). This mod has a huge potential, most definately.

WhiteRhymes

Post by WhiteRhymes » Sun May 02, 2004 9:22 am

i voted 8 kuz of a few reasons..

ur mod = VERY FRICKING GFG! just some minor fixs need made.. 4 it 2 b done.. ur mod not only is fun as a rhino n a polkadot bikini.. but it has a HUGE potential 2 get EVEN more GODLY!
this r y i voted 8.. wonderfull mod n will n time b WAAAAAY over 10.. like a 20! or somethin!
Blackened Stuffs:
Forums|Hamachi Servers!

ArCh4Ng3
Champion of the Light

Post by ArCh4Ng3 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:37 pm

mod is nice, only a few problems...here they are

few balance issues, like monster density and some ennemies spells are over powered...(bnaished meteor and "tainted"-like monster cold nova on death)

the monster density is a joke...way too much, either got the choice, lower their lvls, or either redcues de the density abit, or either reduce to only little packs of higher lvls...

and onother thing..im lvl 31 and only have bought 2 lvl 1 skills...there is a problem with money balancing(ok i lost like 100k to ressurect my rogue each time she die of over crowd or of overpowered spell..)

besides that, missing some little new original features and that mod will roxxxx
An atheist knows that we should build hospitals instead of churchs.

rameyaj

Post by rameyaj » Tue May 04, 2004 2:03 am

i would give it like a 8.5
i would have to say the best would be the new skills i love em hope you have a few more in store :)
the beef i got is that every once in a while there are to many things going on to many monsters, summons, fire-ice-lightning ect that it lags no matter what your running
also i seem to have a lag prob in the snakes temple with a little lag even if its empty just woundering why

over all i like this mod best of all i have played about 10-15 any ways keep up the verry awesome mod :D
-rameyaj

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Tue May 04, 2004 10:09 am

I gave it an 8 because I love new items in a mod and obviously alot still have to be done here.

This is amazing considering it is still in Alpha and I really enjoy the toughness of it, ie, the cast on death stuff and the sheer amount of monsters.

IMO you are a credit to the modding community Vega, keep up the good work.

K.

GOD
Paladin

Post by GOD » Wed May 05, 2004 1:59 am

Even though kot has a myriad of bugs, including the background bug discussed in error section which prevents me from normal game play, i still gave kot a 10
love the new skill system, love new items ect, though unbalanced
i get to lvl 92 in act 1 norm, i hope max lvl is 300, also item drops need balancing (mostly exceptional/norm item drop, need elites)
also sacred gemstone should have cap at each skill at lvl 25, same w/ golems

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Wed May 05, 2004 2:05 am

Cap is 29, I thought it was 25, but I oopsied on the math part 8-O

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Tanik

Post by Tanik » Wed May 05, 2004 5:26 pm

Vote : 9

I can't see calling this mod perfect, the exp charts are off and there are quite afew bugs remaining. It is still an awesome mod, maybe with the new patch it will get a 10.
Life sucks, Blow harder.

GOD
Paladin

Post by GOD » Thu May 06, 2004 4:31 am

i gave this mod a 10 because it didnt bore me to death w/ ease like other games and ladder d2 lod. im actually playing this mod (non-hacked) to the end and already lvl 130 (got this mod thursday)
this the best game/mod out there for me right now, better than cs,gb,sc,wc, etc :D

Quornflakes

Post by Quornflakes » Sun May 16, 2004 9:35 am

Gave it a 7.

It was on 9 because of the general quality of everything, the skill idea is original and nice, Golem pages are cool and the mod played well. Until those insane cast on death spells came into play. Cos I was playing the Samurai assassin it became really annoying in the underground passage, I think its a combination of the fact the spells are pretty strong and there are so many monsters. Still played past it anyways and then got to the Durance of hate lvl3 and it was impossible when those holy freeze immune to physicals came around. And then i gave up cos the game became more fustrating than challenging/fun.

I was about lvl 50 and had one of each of the elemental strike skills but couldnt get a hit in so it didnt matter. For a sorc i'd imagine it would have been a walk in the park but for a melee character it was too much. I reckon melee characters needmore beefing and sorcs need a harder time

Well thats my 2 cents.

Fuic

Post by Fuic » Sun May 30, 2004 1:53 pm

I'm thinking the same thing melee chars suffer hard in KOT i've made a 49 Warrior/49 Vampire/30 Thief/97 Pallidin and compared with a mates 103 Fletcher my pally doesn't stand a chance. Still not sure what the story is with the fusion recipies but oh well such is hehe.But on a lighter note ive been very impressed and i love shapeshifting, new skills etc. But most of all i've enjoyed the new skill trees very choisty. As soon as their are more uniq's it will be awesome :)

lich

Post by lich » Sun May 30, 2004 4:00 pm

gave it 8:
Cold-Soc very strong with multihit ice + high cold damage but lightning-soc and fire-soc is very awful, can't make multihit + low damage hic --> it was fool to choose these way. (new skill only)
Very hard to start with melee char because of some spell cast when monster die make a large damage + low resist.
Some set item is worthless.
But Ur mod still a nice mod, thanks.
(sorry my English skill is very low hic hic :oops: :oops: )
great emotion

hu99o

Post by hu99o » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:57 pm

vote: 9

Damn good mod! but it's still a alpha :) can't wait to it's done!
ReSpCt U'r MoThEr AnD PeOpLe ArOuNd U!

GOD
Paladin

Post by GOD » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:53 am

ok, first things 1st. Melee can take mage anyday if u know how. Ex: The Barb got stone skin and battle command/ orders, insane skills, in addition he got a 1 hand [fusion] wep that does over 600 damage, how much more "beefing up" is needed. My barb got no problem tanking, though i agree w/ u, in the beginning 1 barb hand to hand w/ a hundred carvers is very annoying, thats y every char start w/ magic missile. If ur melee, the sapphire wep glacial spike on strike saves my life and i get meteor n fist of heaven from topaz armor, not mentioning the huge mf.

Here's A Guide To Survive KOT Normal:
Use magic missile, make saphire armor to increase magic skill and give ur mage or non mage a huge mana boost, use diamond shields, they have a nice hidden nv+% magic skill damage, along w/ resists/absorbs that u need.

Later on we get golems, n mercs r always there. In Act 5, very nice skills and pskull rebirth armor make life easy for anyone.

In nm uniq goblets drop in beginning, so u can get ur goblet gold scarab and class-specific ring or amulet in cube to get some very powerful equipment, though some chars r better of w/ other stuff.
My magic missile acolyte use worldstone shard, +5 all skill reists exp mf etc very very nice.Actually this is the data i got on this ammy in my guide, so far. I havent updated info cuz i got mad work, got2 teach handball then math work college n still time for d2.

Worldstone Shard Amulet RL:75
+2-5 skills
add 88-122 magic dam
+4-8% fire skill dam
5-6 light
3-4 cold
23 all attribute
life 5-9%
mana 5-6%
all resist 18-20%
half freeze
+15-16% exp
104-115mf

Khalim

Post by Khalim » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:10 am

My vote was 9.

Could by 10 but mod isn't finished yet ;)

It could be more difficult. Now I playing 125lvl zealot and don't have any problems with monsters (I'm on nighmare act 3). Playing on players 8 and I must to go thru a legions of monsters, don't drink healing potion or do it seldom. Only bosses are some great challange. But hey! I'm on nightmare. Maybe hell difficulty is more hellish :mrgreen:

BTW : Vega You are done the best mod i've ever played. Keep it going. Yours ideas are great, can't wait for more.
Blame me for any mistakes....

†Where is my dagger of sacrifice†

Kyu-Sama

Post by Kyu-Sama » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:34 am

I gave it an 8.

It's a very good game but you have to play for hours upon hours to even get anywhere. One of the things that really bugged me was the resistance penalty at the start. Does it really have to be so high for a NORMAL difficulty? What's the point in giving us skill so many skills if we gotta crank everything in resistances for the first 30 levels. Also things seem to cost an awful lot, though I'm not necessarily complaining about that.

I mean, I know it's a good game all I'm saying is it's easy to lose interest in the beginning. I like the gemword possibilies at the start, but maybe they could offer more resistances or something. It just seems like I play all this time, but as soon as I come up against an elemental I'm flame broiled like a junior whopper.
:flamethrower:

Another suggestion that would really help for variety is to add more new skills available from NPC's, like you did with the Mag Miss, and the sorceress ones. But you're probably already working on that.

One reason for new skills is that it seems like every character has a subclass that is substantially better than there others, or just one that's horribly weaker. If you could do a little balancing work with the skills than you could easily remedy this issue, especially with new lower level skills. To give everyone a fair start.

Other than that I really don't know what to say other than great mod, and excellent work so far. I guess I better just keep playing forever until I can find the fun parts.
:break:
[highlight=blue][color=EC041F]See It[/color][/highlight]
Anger is stronger than sorrow. - The 9 King

Azazel

Post by Azazel » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:55 pm

I think this mod is great, so I'll give it a 10!! I have played several mods so far but no one caught my interest like kingdom of tenai!
Ok, there are some bugs in it but which game has no bugs?
I hope 1.10 will come out soon so my druid can look for more nice items and skills!!! :D
But Vega? When will 1.10 come out? Please answer!!!

Keep on working :mrgreen:
Last edited by Azazel on Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bunnies

Post by bunnies » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:28 am

Its funny, there are a ton of people who dont seem to like the Durance Level 3 the way it is and even more who cant seem to understand why u will be removing teleport from it and other maps. I cant speak for anyone but myself when i say that it has to be the dumbest choice i have ever seen in a mod.... i mean comeon ..... making people walk around for a couple hours on a map . Not smart.

Other than that reason i would give the mod a 8 ....... if you leave it that way and eliminate teleport from the maps you had in mind I would say 1 and you would lose a player. I dont think anyone wants to hassle with that {filtered} that you are proposing. However it is your mod, so do with it what you like.

Aduna

Post by Aduna » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:08 pm

I really enjoy the mod, but I really wish that you could just get the original skills and MM in a form like a D1 Book of <Spell>. It gets rather troubling to have to keep re-socketed items in the early game with other skills.

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:59 pm

Sigh, well it is like d1, you just forgot to read around. All the tablets can be fused with your classes skill stone.

Bunnies. It sounds like you're just a disgruntled sorceress crying because things might actualy get hard for her. EVERYONE else walks already. The sorc is already the fastest killer, by FAR, and you're complaining? I want boss levels to be "BOSS" levels, not 5 mins of easy bullcrap like LoD. If you want to quit you can quit, because I have no sympathy for sorceress players to begin with, she's still the fastest killer, and will probably still get through the new large map(s) the fastest.

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Aduna

Post by Aduna » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:51 pm

Oops, I took the idea of Socket item one step too far. Thanks Vega.

Kyu-Sama

Post by Kyu-Sama » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:42 am

Vegabond_635";p="188990" wrote:It sounds like you're just a disgruntled sorceress crying because things might actualy get hard for her. EVERYONE else walks already. The sorc is already the fastest killer, by FAR, and you're complaining? I want boss levels to be "BOSS" levels, not 5 mins of easy bullcrap like LoD. If you want to quit you can quit, because I have no sympathy for sorceress players to begin with, she's still the fastest killer, and will probably still get through the new large map(s) the fastest.
Actually, no. That's not the point I was getting at. You're right the sorceress is fine, and she certainly is the easiest character. And yes the game is hard, but that's not really the problem.

I was just saying how with the paladin for example, he doesn't really have any new skills other than the Act V, purchases... And it makes it increasingly difficult to build a good skill strategy for any other classes than the zealot.

Wasn't trying to come off as someone who can't handle the difficulty, that is probably what makes mods last. I just wanted to point out that skills could be a little more balanced between the lesser subclasses.

But if your too stuck to change that's fine by me, I more of a modder than a player anyway, lately...

:king:
[highlight=blue][color=EC041F]See It[/color][/highlight]
Anger is stronger than sorrow. - The 9 King

GhOsT(eth)
Champion of the Light

Post by GhOsT(eth) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 am

I believe he was replying to bunnies .. not you Kyu-Sama.
Last edited by GhOsT(eth) on Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~Closed Server Preeminence~~
Code of the Ostrich - I can't see you, therefore you can't see me.
Code of the GhOsT - You can't see me, therefore I can't see you.

Return to “Kingdom of Tenai”