Kingdom of Tenai 27 STATE BUG FIXED!!!...

Information and updates for the Kingdom of Tenai mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Vegabond_635

No votes

Total votes: 0

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Kingdom of Tenai 27 STATE BUG FIXED!!!...

Post by Vegabond_635 » Fri May 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Or as nearly as its going to get without big time code editing. I've cut the 51 States (if you put a point in every single one), down to 12 all the time, which should be low enough for all your equipment.

When you start a character you'll notice a new item, which will give you 12 passive skills, in order to get bonuses from the points you put in your 51 skills you'll just have to pick up and puck back this charm.
Last edited by Vegabond_635 on Fri May 06, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner and single Modder of Kingdom of Tenai

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

sirtokesalot

Re: Kingdom of Tenai 27 STATE BUG FIXED!!!...

Post by sirtokesalot » Fri May 13, 2005 5:01 pm

hello vega....may i say i just started playing this mod with my bro tcp/ip....u did a very nice job with it....but i do have one question about this 27state bug....we have been playing fine tcp/ip for about 4 days we are in act 4 norm....now my skills on the skill tree total up to be 25 diff one + 2 skills that are on the left hand side totalling 27....and now i crash him when he trys to play with me....

i know uve tryed explaining how to fix this but i dont quite understand....
should i rebuild my char so that i dont exceed 27 diff skills????

sry this is the first time i ever moded and im a lil confused

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Fri May 13, 2005 6:28 pm

You can rebuild and not buy as many skills or just wait for 1.12 and start a new char (saving the char you use now till later)

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

sirtokesalot

Post by sirtokesalot » Fri May 13, 2005 7:39 pm

kk bro...ty for the info....i just leave her alone till 1.12 :)

drannek

Post by drannek » Tue May 24, 2005 7:24 am

So if I get it right, you can go over 27 passive skills now with the 1.12?
(srry english isn't my mother tongue and so I don't understand everything 100% :oops: )

Entity-81

Post by Entity-81 » Tue May 24, 2005 8:59 pm

I found that you cannot go over anymore passives and/or auras than in 1.11.. :cry:
This '11 passives charm' is simply too many passives, as I would never choose that many, unless I have specific gear on, like Golden Child, it has no auras/passives and makes it thee safest set to work with if you want tcp/ip games... 8-O

Here is my example: My Templar, (lvl145, Life-Taker),
He uses the new paladin set, The Elements, (very sexy set, btw,) it comes with 5 passive/aura, i.e lvlx cold AND light mastery, and 3 auras, Holy Fire, Holy Freeze and Salvation. All this makes this set AND passive charm total you a good 16, this is already 2 more than I would have 'normally chose'. Now I have Holy Shield to cast and my belt, Frost Giant Colossus Girdle, also has +2, Frost Enchanting and Defiance, and because im Templar, i have an Aura on 'right click' about 100% of the time, whats my total...? i havent even tried to exceed the limit.. this charm has done it on its own... 11 passives is about ... 4-6 too many, unless we are playing SP >.< :roll: anywhos...

I have a couple simple questions :
1. Where do passives skills like Iron Skin, Warmth, Dodging abilities.. ect, fall into place? Are they part of 'Invention 635'? or are these still 'on their own' passive count?
2. You think Flower sets Conviction Aura should be lowered by 15 lvls? (A sorc easily makes Templar look bad when it comes to convicting.. lamo)
3. Why did you have to make such a sexy Diamond Bow?? omg.. 412-1000 dmg

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Wed May 25, 2005 7:13 am

1. no they're their own
2. Suck it up, if you catch a sorc you can nail her just as fast :)
3. Cuz :cool:

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Coldfire724

Post by Coldfire724 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:06 pm

This is something I've wondered about for a while but never tryed: Can you hold more than one invention 635? and if so, do multiples give more of the passive placeholder things?

Thanks =)
Peter: Hey look Brian, there's a message in my Alphabets! It says "ooooo"

Brian: Peter....those are Cheerios...

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:37 pm

The only way to have more then one is by cheating with PlugY

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Coldfire724

Post by Coldfire724 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:43 pm

Oh..so only one WORKS at a time?

Getting more than one isn't the problem for me, just whether or not to waste my time going through all that only for it not to do anything...
Peter: Hey look Brian, there's a message in my Alphabets! It says "ooooo"

Brian: Peter....those are Cheerios...

Vegabond_635
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Vegabond_635 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:29 am

More then 1 would just = +2 to the skills, the skill level could be 50 and still not mater, since its based off the points in the tree's.

Kingdom of Tenai Website
Kingdom of Tenai Forum

Zalvurek

Post by Zalvurek » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:01 am

Ok, this is my first post so i would rather not get my head bitten off but whatever happens, happens.

I have been playing this mod for a very long time, stopped for awhile then got back into it recently because it is one of, if not the, best mod made for D2. Saying that, i have a problem with one thing that just blatenly {filtered} me off. I can't play it on LAN with my friend(s).
Vegabond_635";p="223296" wrote: [Kingdom of Tenai 27 STATE BUG FIXED] Or as nearly as its going to get without big time code editing.
I read this before downloading and I was very happy to find out that i was finaly going to play with my friend. I was very disappointed.

I can't use any of my higher level characters because i have too many skills and so i made a new character to play with him(my friend). We get to level 34ish and we were keeping a very close eye on our skills when my friend's game all of a sudden crashed for no reason what-so-ever. We tried him as host and his game would crash before I finished loading, so now we cant even play together with any characters and both of our skill totals are < 26. :OI:

Now, I understand everyone (including me) wants more content like skills and sets and stuff like that. This imho needs to be fixed before ANYthing else and if it takes big time code editing then that is what you (or whoever is in charge of editing it) should be doing. I have been playing by myself and it is very very boring without someone else to do stuff with.

I know no one really cares, but if this problem goes unresolved then I wont even play the mod, I'll play regular Diablo 2 with my friends who still do that on occasion. (I'm sorry to sound like an asshole but) if the "big time code editing" or the fix never happens because of laziness or anything else then you should not be making a mod in the first place.

Fish of Muu
Champion of the Light

Post by Fish of Muu » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:22 pm

um... maybe you are doing something wrong? my friend and i just played a tcp/ip game, and one of my chars had at least 1 point in every single skill

Zalvurek

Post by Zalvurek » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:53 pm

If I have done something wrong please tell me, I really want to know. I havnt seen anywhere where it says anything special except the "Invention" charm and my characters have that.

b0rg216

Post by b0rg216 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:32 pm

fast question me and a friend just started playing tcp/ip i dont quite understand the 27 passive thing is that 27 points in a single skill or over 27 diff skills? plz clear this up thnaks in advance

Anyeos
Banned
Serf

Post by Anyeos » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:10 am

I guess it is a network related problem.
We are trying to play in TCP/IP LAN game and the client become hangued up when the player is in that act and near. We don't receibe a crash but we have a hang. I'm trying to understand why. I don't understand really that about the 27 passibe skills and some things as auras. I noticed when we retire some items with auras the hang occurs few times. But anyway the hang is there.
I receibed the hang before joining the game. So it appears to be network related. The client hang and the server say: "Player droped due to timeout connection".
What do you thing?
I'm trying to found some program to protect the network transfer between players. That appears to be a good solution. Anyway I can do network testing .

Bye

Kappo

Post by Kappo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:07 pm

I was playing in TCP/IP and if you stay in ACT2 and dont meet players in same place (You can stay in CAtacombs and other friend in the city) you can xfer items but dont put 2 players at same place.
Unequip items who gives you excessive passive skills and you can meet the other friend in the game.
Sorry for my poor english, i hope that help you guys.

Return to “Kingdom of Tenai”