Skills: Huntress

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Skills: Huntress

Post by mouse » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:57 pm

Ok, I'll try and keep this up-to-date. Here are the current skills with explanations where need me. Discuss & comment if desired. I've got some more missile skill ideas that I'll be trying to implement as time presents itself.

Tier 1 Skills:

* Shock Trap [Charged Bolt Sentry]:
* Decoy:
* Nerve Strike [Critical Strike]:
* Dodge:
* Barbed Arrows: self only aura that gives a chance to do open wounds
* Fire Bomb [Fire Blast]:

Tier 2 Skills:

* Blade Trap [Blade Sentinel]:
* Wyvern Call: summons your faithful wyvern companion, which has a rabies attack
* Ranged Mastery: increase damage & attack rating with bows & crossbows
* Multiple Shot:
* Burning Arrow [Fire Arrow]:
* Poison Arrow [~Poison Javelin]:

Tier 3 Skills:

* Flame Trap [Wake of Inferno]:
* Shocking Net [Shock Web]:
* Avoid:
* Gift of Sight [Blessed Aim]:
* Frozen Arrow [Ice Arrow]:

Tier 4 skills:

* Lightning Trap [Lightning Sentry]:
* Evade:
* Flaming Arrow [Immolation Arrow]:
* Plague Arrow [Plague Javelin]:
* Cloak of Confusion [Cloak of Shadows + Confuse]:

Tier 5 Skills:

* Flame Wave Trap [Wake of Fire]:
* Shuriken [Blade Fury]:
* Shadow Master:
* True Shot [Penetrate]:
* Gift of Speed: Aura that boosts movement rate and attack rate
* Rain of Arrows [Strafe]:
* Freezing Arrow:

Tier 6 Skills:

* Corpse Trap [Death Sentry]:
* Huntress Archetype:
* Lightning Shot [~Lightning Fury with bows/xbows]:

EDIT2:
Here's what it looks like is going down for 1.4xA:

Code: Select all

OLD:
1:Bow&Xbow....................|2:Passive&Magic...............|3:Hunting&Trapping............|
------------------------------|------------------------------|------------------------------|
..............................|..............................|..............................|
------------------------------|------------------------------|------------------------------|
1...Barbs...-----....FireBomb.|Nerve.....Dodge....-----......|Decoy....-----.....ShockTrp...|
2...SplitA..BurnA....PoisonA..|Archery...-----....-----......|Wyvern...BladeTrp..-----......|
3...-----...FrozenA..------...|-----.....Avoid....GiftSight..|-----....ShockNet..FlameTrp...|
4...-----...FlaminA..PlagueA..|-----.....Evade....ClkConfuse.|-----....-----.....LtngTrp....|
5...RainofA.FreeznA..-----....|TrueShot..-----....GiftSpeed..|ShdwMstr.Shuriken..FlmWaveTrp.|
6...LtngA...-----....-----....|Archetype.-----....-----......|-----....------....BodyTrp....|

NEW:
1:Bow&Xbow.....................|2:Passive&Magic...............|3:Hunting&Trapping.............|
-------------------------------|------------------------------|-------------------------------|
...............................|..............................|...............................|
-------------------------------|------------------------------|-------------------------------|
1...[CyclA]..-----.....Barbs...|Nerve.....Dodge....-----......|Decoy.....-----.....ShockTrp...|
2...PoisonA..BurnA.....------..|Archery...-----....-----......|Wyvern....BladeTrp..-----......|
3...-----....FrozenA...[SpltA].|-----.....Avoid....GiftSight..|-----.....ShockFld..[PoisTrp]..|
4...[NoxshA].FlaminA...-----...|-----.....Evade....ClkConfuse.|-----.....-----.....[FrostTrp].|
5...-----....FreeznA...RainofA.|TrueShot..-----....GiftSpeed..|[Trapper].-----.....FlmWaveTrp.|
6...-----....[WrthFlm].-----...|Archetype.-----....[GaiasEm]..|-----.....[FlmFld]..[ArcnTrp]..|

- fire bomb is being modifed to a much larger area of affect and moved over to Flame Field
- splitting arrow is moved from level 8 to 16
- plague arrow renamed to noxious arrow (no biggie, just setting up in case i can ever get the real plague arrow to work)
- Gaia's Embrace is a modified version of redemption, this is my attempt to help the trappers offset their mana loss without boosting huntress mana unnecessarily.
- shuriken is going away
- cyclone arrow is new - its a half damage attack that pierces and can stun, uses the neat little cyclone anim
- lightning and inferno traps are going away, to be replaced with poison & frost trap - each of which fires a small nova of the appopriate element
- the shadow master chic -> trapper: looks like a huntress and uses huntress skills
- body trap -> arcane trap: fire bone spirits & corpse explosions
/EDIT]
Last edited by mouse on Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Skills: Huntress

Post by mishy23 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:21 pm

Here's my thoughts from playing a huntress in beta 1.43
through acts I + II.
I am level 28 currently in beginning of act III.

Barbed Arrow - sucks your mana away to nothing :( therefore was
unable to use this skill in most situations (does this skill bonus still operate
when you are out of mana?)
Does anyone like Aura's that use mana?
It is only a so-so skill, but would definately get alot more use without the mana cost since huntress doesn't have many aura's.

Shock Trap: Mana cost seemed to high at low levels, almost 10 mana at level 3 for low damage, maybe with more skill points and synergy would be great skill, but high mana cost for new character made it easy for me not to use this skill.

Gift of Sight: Huntress will have no AR problems ;) I like this skill alot, Very high AR bonus with a few skill points. As barb arrow needed to much mana, this will get used alot more, possibly the bonus is too high at low levels.

Posion Arrow - I believe I have it at around level 15, damage is high even for poison at this level, about 1600-1800 per 6secs (sorry at work so working from memory). Kills most things not immune to poison before duration wears off. I loved using this skill, but seems a tad over powered, can't wait to see plague arrow.

Wyvern - I have it at a pretty high level (12). At first thought this bugger was too strong, but realized its probably because of the high posion arrow synergy, and it started to die alot more at the end of act 2, and since I'm dropping alot of points in it, I would say it is balanced well.

Haven't seen the tier 4 or higher skills yet,
and any skill I haven't mentioned seemed good and balanced.
Well I thought maybe some feedback would be welcomed, hope this is what you are looking for. Love the mod :D , got me hooked on diablo all over again. Keep up the great work.

If you want me to drop some feedback on anything else let me know, I am also playing a summoner starting with the newest patch.
-Mishy

One last note, found entire set of Gift of the elves with this one char in the first two acts, first time i ever got to wear a complete set while it was still effective! Imagine that finding huntress EQ while playing one.
{Modding status: Project X}

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:42 pm

Thanks for the input man! Here's my comments:
mishy23";p="163813" wrote: Barbed Arrow - sucks your mana away to nothing :( therefore was
unable to use this skill in most situations (does this skill bonus still operate
when you are out of mana?)
Does anyone like Aura's that use mana?
It is only a so-so skill, but would definately get alot more use without the mana cost since huntress doesn't have many aura's.
Didn't realize the mana drain was so bad, I'll look into it. I realize no one likes auras that drain mana - but at some point I have to balance utility versus power. I tried to set the mana cost very low, but I guess its still too high. There are 3-4 auras that drain mana right now, nad they are all pretty powerful in one way or another. Also Barbs is a self-only aura, so I was treating in a little different. It was intended as a 'flash' skill. Ie you turn it on for a few clicks, just until the open wounds takens on a monster - then after that you don't need it on. ie its not a 'fire and forget' aura. for the amount of damage openwounds can do, a 'free' aura seemed a bit much. The original goal was just to have the skill fire a missile which had % openwounds, but I couldn't get that working, so this is sort of a workaround ;)
Shock Trap: Mana cost seemed to high at low levels, almost 10 mana at level 3 for low damage, maybe with more skill points and synergy would be great skill, but high mana cost for new character made it easy for me not to use this skill.
ok, I'll take a look at this too. I think I upped the mana cost because at some point I found that one trap was killing 3-4 enemies per trap, but this could have been a different version ;)

Gift of Sight: Huntress will have no AR problems ;) I like this skill alot, Very high AR bonus with a few skill points. As barb arrow needed to much mana, this will get used alot more, possibly the bonus is too high at low levels.

Posion Arrow - I believe I have it at around level 15, damage is high even for poison at this level, about 1600-1800 per 6secs (sorry at work so working from memory). Kills most things not immune to poison before duration wears off. I loved using this skill, but seems a tad over powered, can't wait to see plague arrow.
yeah, poison is proving very tough to balance! the witch's corpse explosion was doing like 16k! heh. so i'm definitely reviewing these. that being said, PA was underpowered before so I turned it up a little, perhaps too far.

Wyvern - I have it at a pretty high level (12). At first thought this bugger was too strong, but realized its probably because of the high posion arrow synergy, and it started to die alot more at the end of act 2, and since I'm dropping alot of points in it, I would say it is balanced well.

Haven't seen the tier 4 or higher skills yet,
and any skill I haven't mentioned seemed good and balanced.
Well I thought maybe some feedback would be welcomed, hope this is what you are looking for. Love the mod :D , got me hooked on diablo all over again. Keep up the great work.

If you want me to drop some feedback on anything else let me know, I am also playing a summoner starting with the newest patch.
-Mishy

One last note, found entire set of Gift of the elves with this one char in the first two acts, first time i ever got to wear a complete set while it was still effective! Imagine that finding huntress EQ while playing one.
Thanks for the comments and support man!! Its what keeps us modders going. Also, congrats on the set! Even considering how I've affected drops, that is still some wild primo luck :)

As I said, I'm reviewing the huntress right now and trying to rebalance everything for the next small update. (hopefully this is your single player character, because you will be able to fix her with Udie after the patch - realm players won't be so lucky! - no realm huntresses till 1.44 :cool: )

As for feedback, please leave it whenever you have a strong impression about something positive or negative. Just no comments about /players 8 being too difficult please ;) hehe

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Skills: Barbed Arrow

Post by mishy23 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:16 am

Any chance to make barbed arrow work like the old venom, cast it for so much mana, and have it a small duration. Since its self only it seems strange being an aura.
Otherwise, I guess i'm used to keeping aura's on all the time, i'll try switching on and off for boss fights and see how it is.

The mana drain is just huge to me as at first level you have maybe 30-40 mana, and even for 1mana/sec that globe disappears fast ;)

Can't wait for 1.44 and the huntress improvements!
Take Care
-mishy

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:09 pm

hmm the shadow master acts very strange.. to begin with; she looks like as an assassin. maybe hard to script, i dunno.
and there seems to be a graphics bug or something causing the sh master to take a hit from nothing and make a hit recovery every 1-2 sec, like from an invisible aura dealing dmg.. maybe a bad discription but i hope u understand :roll:
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Skills: Barbed Arrow

Post by mouse » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:40 pm

mishy23";p="163894" wrote:Any chance to make barbed arrow work like the old venom, cast it for so much mana, and have it a small duration. Since its self only it seems strange being an aura.
Otherwise, I guess i'm used to keeping aura's on all the time, i'll try switching on and off for boss fights and see how it is.

The mana drain is just huge to me as at first level you have maybe 30-40 mana, and even for 1mana/sec that globe disappears fast ;)

Can't wait for 1.44 and the huntress improvements!
Take Care
-mishy

yeah, im trying new skill types with this mod, self only mana drain auras being one of them ;) the witch also has a double-tick damage causing mana drain aura. the hero and heroine both have mana draining healing auras.

the mods that barbs gives you - slow & openwounds, only need 1 hit on an enemy to be effective. so you turn it off as soon as you notice that the bleeding has started, because the slow is automatic. especially for a boss, you really only need to get the bleeding to stick and then you are done with barbs. it can be handy to leave it on when fighting lots of enemies though.

i've toned down the mana drain a bit, unfortunately it cannot go below 1 mana/tick, so at low levels you won't notice a difference. remember, you get 2 extra stat points a level now, so it won't hurt to put some points in energy ;) All classes are a bit more mana intensive in EftA than vanilla, so putting points into energy is required. i mean, you can do an energyless build, but don't expect any pity from me, thats not the way i built the mod ;)

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:32 pm

one very important question: is body trap(the lvl40 trap) both a magic and a lightning spell? so if i have +to magic skills body trap get those bonus skills?
read my other post a bit up for bugs
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:01 am

potemon(tt)";p="164363" wrote:one very important question: is body trap(the lvl40 trap) both a magic and a lightning spell? so if i have +to magic skills body trap get those bonus skills?
read my other post a bit up for bugs

right now body trap is lightning & corpse explosion. i'm not sure if +element skills will work with traps since they are a little different than normal skills. i'll check when i get home and edit this post.

in in the next patch body trap -> arcane trap and will be magic (bone spirit) + corpse explosion, so +magic skill items might help, i'll have to check.

re: shadowmaster: yes i have noticed the twitching happening sometimes, i'm still looking into it. as for her appearance, unfortunately the shadow master ai which is needed to use the extra skills seem to be limited to being used with the shadow master animation. ie i can't change the way she looks. :(. yet.

Last edited by mouse on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:50 pm

i think you should change 1 mana/enrgy point to 1,5 mana/enr pt
-trap huntresses need a lot of mana, at least in the beginning. ill come back when ive played a bit more and see if i still need mana

im planning to make a trap huntress focused on the lightning traps.
hmm and im thinking of anything to put skills on except the traps. The problem is thats there are no skills really; i wont have enough hp for decoy to survive on hell, wyvern just sucks(too many syns to make it good), shadow master is buggy(maybe this will be the skill i seek when its fixed), gift of speed isnt really any good for me as a "mage" as its an aura and i have to have it on the right side where the traps also are. so some serious tank(maybe ill have to live wihtout it since ill need either lots of hp or lots of skills left over, which i dont) or some passive skill giving mana reg/movement speed/+x more shots on each trap per lvl or something else making life easier for trappers :) , i think u get my point.
(i dont think ill need dodge or any of those skills)

i mean the bowazon(bowatress :D) have so uber skills to use together with the bow skills, like gift of speed/archery/true shot/nerve strike.
coming back when ive played some more..!
/pote! :cool:

hmm im lvl 54 now and saving points for archetype, and yep -i need something to make the trap huntress more caster-like. not too much maybe but at least some passive skill. ive maxed lightning trap and all its syns except body trap (6 pts from it) so after that all i have to skill on is archetype. ill prolly need some other element on hell so.. hmm.. we'll see when i get there.
decoy was more helpful than i thought actually but when i get higher lvl ill drop my hp items for +skills/mana items. anger shadows are owning up the decoy very fast tho..
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:29 pm

i'll take a look at this. maybe the extra huntress skill will be some kind of trap boosting passive.

i will probably decrease mana for these things as well. but with the number of items out there, its not too hard to get +100mana from a couple of items or charms.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:20 pm

yeah i have a lot of charms already and still looking for more, but 1,5 mana per energy would be great

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:40 pm

1.noooooooo dont remove "lightning trap"! :( :( its my fav skill :cry: :cry:
then theres no real lightning trap :/ kinda takes the fun out of trapping to me :( i hope the new ones really rock

2. somehow i ALWAYS run out of stamina :/ probably bacause i dont put points on vita but still :/... ill see if i still lack stamina when i reach higher levels.

3. i put skills on charged bolt sentry and those spikes as they are syns to lightning trap ( :cry: ) which will later be my main skill. they kill very fast even on players 3, id guess thats because ive put all skills i can on them. they work out fine and are fun to play with, maybe too good tho, ill come back to that point later.

4. ah and about adding the redemption thing. it sounds great but if its an aura its really only usable after combat when ALL monsters are dead. during combat id rather use potions than changing to an aura and be unable to throw out new traps/spikes cos i want mana at the same time i throw out new stuff and not turn on aura, run around and get mana then start trapping again, i mean as an aura i think it wont be very useful..
maybe im wrong but this it how it sounds to me in theory.
im glad u did something about the trapping huntresses and i think its a cool idea! but explain to me how u thought this skill was gonna be used
/pote-_-
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:31 pm

Never underestimate Redemption Aura,
Its insane...
My summoner uses a unique helmet with Leve2 Redemption aura,
its what made me average power to insanely over powered ;)
I can cast my 99mana using hurricanes and 45mana using ice storms
until the cows come home ;)

You start to trap, about the time you are running out of mana,
switch the aura on (within 5seconds, if there were atleast a few dead monsters you will be back in mana) go back to trapping.
A level 2 redemption gives about 20mana/hp back for each corpse,
and with more points, you solve your mana problems.

Also I would definately invest in a mana ring, I found a couple magic rings that have been +100mana, and that seems to solve alot of problems for me.
-Mishy

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:37 pm

yeah but getting the aura from an item is like 10 times better than having to switch all the time.
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:34 pm

potemon(tt)";p="165750" wrote:1.noooooooo dont remove "lightning trap"! :( :( its my fav skill :cry: :cry:
then theres no real lightning trap :/ kinda takes the fun out of trapping to me :( i hope the new ones really rock

ok, here's the deal - some elemental attacks are getting swapped around as part of the balancing i'm doing right now. also, to differentiate her from the old LoD ass/ama lightning damage is removed from the huntress. I'm sorry if this was your favorite, but you have vanilla LoD for lightning trap ;)
i think you'll like the new traps. if you really like lightning pets, you'll prolly want to move over to a summoner and get an electric serpent. GRRRRR!

2. somehow i ALWAYS run out of stamina :/ probably bacause i dont put points on vita but still :/... ill see if i still lack stamina when i reach higher levels.

the stamina affects are intentional and part of the mod - forcing people to think about more things instead of just pumping. people that ignore ANY of the stats will be gimped until they find the right equipment to make up for it.

3. i put skills on charged bolt sentry and those spikes as they are syns to lightning trap ( :cry: ) which will later be my main skill. they kill very fast even on players 3, id guess thats because ive put all skills i can on them. they work out fine and are fun to play with, maybe too good tho, ill come back to that point later.

i really like the spikes too, i don't intend for them to suck at any point :)

4. ah and about adding the redemption thing. it sounds great but if its an aura its really only usable after combat when ALL monsters are dead. during combat id rather use potions than changing to an aura and be unable to throw out new traps/spikes cos i want mana at the same time i throw out new stuff and not turn on aura, run around and get mana then start trapping again, i mean as an aura i think it wont be very useful..
maybe im wrong but this it how it sounds to me in theory.
im glad u did something about the trapping huntresses and i think its a cool idea! but explain to me how u thought this skill was gonna be used
/pote-_-

part of what i'm trying to do with the mod is promote NON-zombie gameplay. ie you actually have to change an aura or switch it on/off once in awhile ;)
so what mishy said about redemption holds - you will be turning it on and off. besides, traps are not chain things like inferno where you need to hold the button down - you are able to switch skills between uses. basically you throw down a couple traps, wait for a death or two, turn on the aura, get a chunk of mana back, throw some more traps, rinse, repeat.

oh, and Mishy, the standard redemption (the one that turns up on items) is getting nerfed :cool:

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:29 pm

about 2, i wore quilted armor and such, the lightest i could find, but still my stamina ticked down really fast :( stamina potion was my best friend. now life is a lot easier since i found vidalas fetlock :D:D old fav item hehe.
when i put on a chain mail that gave +20% faster run/walk i became slower than before! so ofcourse i adapt, so im wearing the lightest huntress armor and a bone shield. the bone shield feels very heavy tho :[

hmm ive put all my skills on the lightning traps so far, so when the new version comes i hope i can get "new" skill points

hehe id really like some nice passive for trappers. i mean trappers got nothing compared to nerve strike/penetrate which are insanely good. i have no idea how this trapper passive should work tho, because it would be good for bowers too if it gave mana and stufff and not only trapper.

oh yeah and one more thing: shouldnt the archetype have something to make it worth skilling on with a trapper? velocity -sure, but its not very much and posion resist ;(
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:50 pm

AARGHGHGHGH i hate the fkking archetype. its SO bad, the lightning dmg bonus doesnt even bonus to traps and WOW poison resist only. i have NO reason at all to waste 3 pts/lvl on it. velocity bonus ok... but 3 skill pts for 2% faster fun/walk -naah.

trapper really needs some buffs. ive solved my manaprob. but another prob came up on hell -resists. sure, i like when its harder, even much harder but when its almost impossible.. :/ i have about: -100 -80 +75 -50. i also noticed a bug: i have a belt which gives +25 all resits. when i take it off: -100 fire res, when i have it on: -100 fire res -hmm?

i have 60 skill points left after maxing the lightning traps, and theres nothing i would want to invest them in except gaias embrace and MAYBE the fixed shadow master.
maybe gaias embrace could have some synergies like mana reg% from certain traps or resist from other traps or something so i can spend the rest skill points on something serious, since its made for trappers(i hope?)

well, this is a post about the archetype, and what i mean is: the archetype should [hmm dont know the right word here -_-] all types of the char. in this case it only [word] the bowazon and imo not the trapper at all :(.
first of all the dmg bouns should be fixed so it gives bonus to traps too.
second i want something in the archetype that gives me a reason to skill on it, resists/more shots on traps/hp (% or x/lvl) hmhmhm
reply asap pls :D
/pote-_-

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:54 am

potemon(tt)";p="166677" wrote:AARGHGHGHGH i hate the fkking archetype. its SO bad, the lightning dmg bonus doesnt even bonus to traps and WOW poison resist only. i have NO reason at all to waste 3 pts/lvl on it. velocity bonus ok... but 3 skill pts for 2% faster fun/walk -naah.

ok, i'll see what i can do. and there is NO reason you have to take archetype, by all means take other skills, they are cheaper. also, i never meant for people to focus on only one tree, i intend for them to diversify.

trapper really needs some buffs. ive solved my manaprob. but another prob came up on hell -resists. sure, i like when its harder, even much harder but when its almost impossible.. :/ i have about: -100 -80 +75 -50. i also noticed a bug: i have a belt which gives +25 all resits. when i take it off: -100 fire res, when i have it on: -100 fire res -hmm?

no idea here...but that wouldn't be a bug of mine..resists just work like resists...ill check it out though.
i have 60 skill points left after maxing the lightning traps, and theres nothing i would want to invest them in except gaias embrace and MAYBE the fixed shadow master.
maybe gaias embrace could have some synergies like mana reg% from certain traps or resist from other traps or something so i can spend the rest skill points on something serious, since its made for trappers(i hope?)

well, this is a post about the archetype, and what i mean is: the archetype should [hmm dont know the right word here -_-] all types of the char. in this case it only [word] the bowazon and imo not the trapper at all :(.
first of all the dmg bouns should be fixed so it gives bonus to traps too.
second i want something in the archetype that gives me a reason to skill on it, resists/more shots on traps/hp (% or x/lvl) hmhmhm
reply asap pls :D
/pote-_-

ill see if i can find some extra stuff to add. the problem with traps is that many of the synergies/bonuses already occupy the maximum alloted space (hard to explain). there are also some issues with passing bonuses to traps because traps are pets, not spells, and they actually use their own skills, not yours. sort of...

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:54 am

hmm u maybe could change the type "pet" to "spell", if thats possible.
i bet uve already tried that but i have to make sure ;)

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:22 am

potemon(tt)";p="166725" wrote:hmm u maybe could change the type "pet" to "spell", if thats possible.
i bet uve already tried that but i have to make sure ;)
heh, if you want a trap, its a pet
if you want a fireball or something, well that can be a skill

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:10 am

Mouse,
If you haven't figured it out already,
I believe the problem with resists potemon is seeing is,
1 of 2 things,
1) The LCS won't show anything under -100 res
2) The game doesn't allow reists under -100 for players and caps it there.
So its a limit either display or actual i'm not sure.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:50 pm

i think huntress needs more than this new aura. its very hard to be a good trapper(still not keeping up with the flamestriking heroines) and having good hp/resist/def.
atm i have 103(!!!) skill points spare. i think ill be investing some of them in shadow master after the next patch to get a serious tank to compensate for my low hp/def/resist (i got a pretty decent block% tho from lots of points on dex).
if u dont wanna add more huntress skills i suggest u remove some of the bow/xbow skills

btw which char is supposed to use throwin weapons?

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:43 am

as i said before, i have NO plans to support single tree builds. in fact i built the mod so you have enough skill points to do 1.5 or 2 tree builds. if you have extra skill points, its because you are supposed to - spend them elsewhere :)

also, i agree with mishy on the resist note, its probably something to that effect.
Last edited by mouse on Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:49 am

well, ill spend some points on avoid dodge etc and shadow master :(

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:25 pm

apparently the archetype +elemental %ages are working in my version with the traps, so take heart in that.

i don't think i'll have time to fix shadow master (trapper) much before getting the next vs out, so you guys can just play with the new one, but don't expect it to be working quite right.

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”