Skills: Magi

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Skills: Magi

Post by mouse » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:59 pm

Ok, I'll try and keep this up-to-date. Here are the current skills with explanations where need me. Discuss & comment if desired. No skills are 100% final. I'm perpetually looking for the right balance between high damage, delays and damage per second skills. :(

Tier 1 Skills:

* Mana Focus [Warmth]:
* Enchant Fire [Enchant]:
* Fire Ball
* Ground Lightning [Charged Bolt]:
* Familiar [~Raven]:
* Distill Essence [Find Potion]:

Tier 2 Skills:

* Thicken Air [Slow Missiles]:
* Enchant Cold [Frozen Armor]:
* Icy Blast [Ice Blast]:
* Shocking Field [Static Field]:
* Earth Elemental [~Clay Golem]:
* Telekinesis:

Tier 3 Skills:

* Heal: heal a party member or pet
* Elemental Shield [Cyclone Armor]:
* Enchant Lightning:
* Ice Spike [Glacial Spike]:
* Firestorm:
* Lightning Bolt:
* Distill Gem: attempt to fashion a gem from the essence of a fallen foe

Tier 4 Skills:

* Teleport Self [Teleport]:
* Forge Item [Find Item]:
* Frozen Nova [Frost Nova]:
* Group Mana Focus: Aura that increases mana regen, cast rate, and mana steal for party members
* Ice Elemental: Summon an ice elemental with a freezing aura

Tier 5 Skills:

* Elemental Infusion: Powerful aura that increases the elemental damage of allies
* Freezing Orb [Frozen Orb]:
* Flame Nova: Create a scorching ring of fire
* Lightning Wave: Create several lightning bolts and cast them out in a wave
* Fire Elemental:

Tier 6 Skills:

* Magi Archetype: passive - increases elemental resistances and damages
* Chain Lightning:
* Planar Protection: Shout which reduces damage taken

[EDIT2: Here's an updated version of the magi skills for 1.4x.

Code: Select all

Tree 1: Fire & Earth...........|2:Air & Water.............|3:Amalgamation/Fusion.............
-------------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------------
....FIRE..............EARTH....|AIR...............WATER...|FR+EA......AIR+WTR...4 ELEMENTS...
-------------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------------
1...-----....Enchant..ManaFcs..|Elem:Air..-----...IcyBlst.|Dist Pot...GrndLt....-----........
2...F-ball...-----....Elemntl..|-----.....Ench:C..-----...|-----......ThickAir..-----........
3...F-storm..Heal.....-----....|LtngBolt..-----...IceSpk..|Dist Gem...ChrgedAir.-----........
4...Elemntl..-----....EarthGate|-----.....Ench:L..Nova:C..|Frg Item...-----.....GrpManaFocus.
5...Nova:F...-----....{Stalag}.|LightWv...-----...Elemntl.|[Fissure]..-----.....ElemntlInfsn.
6...------...-----....Planar...|Chain Lt..Orb.....-----...|-----......-----.....Archetype....

So what all happened?
-the tree layouts were rearrange
-telekinesis went away, its item only now
-teleport (earth gate), shocking field (charged air) renamed
-added fissure, with a slightly upped radius and boosted effect speed
-replaced familiar with air elemental (using the graphics from the old aerial servant)
-added Stalagmites - like bone prison but with different graphics, fleshes out the magi utility section a wee bit
/END EDIT]
Last edited by mouse on Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ffej311
Paladin

Re: Skills: Magi

Post by ffej311 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:44 pm

Im still downloading the mod, but, i have always wanted to have a really powerful melee sorc (i just love the idea of it). Maybe Enchant could be tri-elemental making it a little strong. Also, if there isnt any, i think sorc swords would be cool giving them +skills and some decent damage, and it just looks cooler than a staff or orb.

Thanks for listening.

shawn20k

Post by shawn20k » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:19 pm

I dont think that orb should have a delay because the mage is an extremely weak character who must attack very quickly or be killed, waiting to fire again can lead to many deaths. Delays on your primary attack is harsh.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:58 am

[quote=ffej311";p="170345"]Im still downloading the mod, but, i have always wanted to have a really powerful melee sorc (i just love the idea of it). Maybe Enchant could be tri-elemental making it a little strong. Also, if there isnt any, i think sorc swords would be cool giving them +skills and some decent damage, and it just looks cooler than a staff or orb.

Thanks for listening.[/quote]

heh, i think you may have missed the point of some of my classes. the magi is NOT the sorceress - in fact he uses the necromancer model.

if you've always wanted a melee sorceress - play the heroine, she uses the sorceress model and is a 100% melee character.

as for enchant being tri-elemental - there are already 3 different elemental enchants. fire & lightning enchant both add appropriate damages to attacks and are castable on anyone. cold enchant is only castable on yourself and is like the old ice armor or something.

Exo

Post by Exo » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:29 pm

enchant cold does the effects of shiver armor i think, and for the enchanter, that was soooo my idea and im doin it :O

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Sun May 23, 2004 8:02 pm

One quick complaint about the magi, the mana cost for chain lit is waaaaaaaaay too high unless you have a hero to BO you. I have quite a bit of mana (around 800 right now I think) and I can only cast chain lit around 7 times before I run out even with the massive mana regen that I have. Its really making my magi alot weaker then he should be, and in hell there is no way I can survive on my own without going back to town every 5 minutes to buy more mana pots.

eniram

Post by eniram » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:30 pm

Great mod I like playing it and the skills that I'm seeing from all classes.
lvl 78 Fire Magi here.
Maxed Enchant lvl 36 with items.
Maxed Fireball " " "
Maxed Firestrom " " "
Maxed Ring of Fire " " "
In the process of maxing Fissure lvl 29 with items
In the process of maxing Magi Archetype lvl 26 with items

Right now I never seem to use Ring of Fire because it just sucks. I tend to use firestorm more often but then people in the game get mad cuz of all the lag and I have to use Fireball and Fissure.

Maybe you could up the damage on Ring of Fire and make firestorm a lil less laggy. But still I love this mod.

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”