1.45C info & bug reports

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

1.45C info & bug reports

Post by mouse » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:33 am

Download 1.45C here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... 5c_mpq.rar

still the same 1.45 dlls:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... 5_dlls.rar

readme here:
viewtopic.php?t=22575

post bugs and such in this thread.
Last edited by mouse on Fri May 07, 2004 12:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

ike_ivup

Re: 1.45B info & download links

Post by ike_ivup » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:42 pm

The summoner's Frozen Serpent skill is accessable at level 8, when it should be at level 16.

And summon aerial servant displays as summon saber cat in the Character stats page when active.

These are v1.45 bugs since I don't have the new version yet.

Red_Cedar

Post by Red_Cedar » Sun May 02, 2004 8:41 am

A few item bugs I found in 1.45- haven't confirmed them in 1.45c as yet, but there weren't any notes in the readme about changes to these items.

Unique spirit mask "volcanic mask" gives +4 to volcano, which no longer exists, so it shows as "an evil force."

Unique battle scythe "swordwrath" gives +2 to another skill that is no longer available.

Unique chain mail "enchanted mail" said +2 to magic skills, but equipping on my witch gave only +1.

Not bugs exactly, but still odd:

Unique bone rod "menagerie" has 2 of the summoner vines as oskills at +6 and +9, but only a summoner can equip it and he only gets +3.

"Conjurer's Tricks" set wand (conjurer's wand) spawned with +4 to 3 different summoner skills as oskills again- he can only get +3 from it.

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Re: 1.45C info & bug reports

Post by Xcolibri » Sun May 09, 2004 1:19 am

Loa Flame gives %magic damage.

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Sun May 16, 2004 7:33 pm

OK I mainly have one bug on the Magi, which you most likely are aware of by now but I haven't seen anyone else post it on the forum. Stalagmite is not usable, you can never add skill points to it.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Mon May 17, 2004 7:10 am

StephenIsHot";p="173674" wrote:OK I mainly have one bug on the Magi, which you most likely are aware of by now but I haven't seen anyone else post it on the forum. Stalagmite is not usable, you can never add skill points to it.
i wish someone had posted that before, i'll take a loot at it tomorrow

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Mon May 17, 2004 12:51 pm

i think thats caused by the merc-inv-plugin, but ill post it here anyway:
act 3 merc can use shields OR swords, not both as it should be

greetings :)
life´s too short. . .

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Tue May 18, 2004 1:27 am

gandalf{xan}";p="173789" wrote:i think thats caused by the merc-inv-plugin, but ill post it here anyway:

it is a side effect of the plugin.

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Tue May 18, 2004 12:23 pm

Nightmare act 1 crash, fighting shadows in cold grounds:

Assertion Failure
Expression : eComponent < NUM_COMPONENTS

EDIT: I think I know what might have caused it, my merc was using a bow with 'cast evil force when stuck'

Also some mercs' hp are a joke, an act 1 rogue at lvl 35 has about 50 hp! It's hard to keep her alive for more than ten seconds...
Last edited by Xcolibri on Tue May 18, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Wed May 19, 2004 3:21 pm

mouse";p="173918" wrote:
gandalf{xan}";p="173789" wrote:i think thats caused by the merc-inv-plugin, but ill post it here anyway:

it is a side effect of the plugin.
any chance this gets fixed? just curious
life´s too short. . .

BrotherDog
Paladin

Post by BrotherDog » Thu May 20, 2004 8:36 am

I've found an odd bug or glitch this evening. I was playing a lvl62 Summoner Act4NM. I ran into burning souls, and died immediately (even though, my resistances are back up to maximum). When I retrieved my body, I suddenly have an extra "Mephisto Soul Stone". :?: Has anyone else had this strange problem? I haven't gotten to the river to destroy them yet, so I don't yet if will cause any problems.

Oh, I don't know if this means anything, but I was also using PlugY 2.01. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with it.

EDIT: Well, I destroyed the original Soul Stone, and nothing bad happened. However, I'm not sure what to do with the extra one. Any suggestions, appreciated.
Last edited by BrotherDog on Thu May 27, 2004 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Thu May 27, 2004 3:34 pm

ok the following items have been fixed for someday whenever a new patch comes out:

:embossed shield: +magic damage % -> +1 magic skills
:volcanic mask: + volcano -> + volcano non-class skill
:swordwrath: evil force -> bitter bones non-class skill
:menagerie: vine non-class skills -> class skills
:conjurer's tricks: non-class skills-> class skills
:welin's bauble: familar +skill -> oskill
:loa flame: magic damage -> magic skills

also fixed stalagmites, now you can put points into it (it was requiring bone spear and bone wall....GRR how did that get past me?? *sigh*)

please post any more specifically bugged items here
Last edited by mouse on Thu May 27, 2004 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Fri May 28, 2004 5:06 am

Adamantine gloves, they never give the correct amount of lightning skills, i have a +4 pair with 1 ort in them that give just +3 to lightning skills.

a friend has another pair with 3 +2 orts that give 4 to lightning skills.

how do 2 pairs of gloves both witt +5 light skills give different results, because of the base + skills....that seems strange that a higher skill one should give lower.

Black souls (and all other types of these monsters).

could u pls lower their dmg or sort out the bug if possible, i beleive they add physical dmg to their lightning attack (such as flamestrike used to) thus they still do high dmg with my 85% res and 35% absorb.

thundergods vigor:
doesnt give skills, lightning strike or lightning fury.

Snowclash:
doesnt give skills,icestorm or icy blast.

Bear blade:
doesnt give skills, werebear.

All inferno type skills:
All of the inferno type skills are bugged from 1.10 and only do 28% of listed dmg, this i have no idea if u could fix or not but if u cant could u possibly consider 2-3 throwing skills instead for the viking?

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Fri May 28, 2004 11:13 am

Actually, this breathing variant I tried was fun, but you are right, the damage is way lower than it should be. I cant even do baal in normal with them.

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Fri May 28, 2004 3:00 pm

yeah the inferno skills are fun, i tried one for a bit :)

but unless its fixed its not worth it.

hmm, actually if u cant fix the actual bug maybe u could just increase the dmg by alot and then change the listed dmg?

wblackke

Post by wblackke » Sun May 30, 2004 9:13 pm

Im having a problem with the extra equipment slots for the mercs (belts, rings, etc). I've reinstalled the dll's for efta and that didnt fix it. I also have the same problem for KOT. Anyone have any ideas?

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Mon May 31, 2004 2:18 am

Well it works fine for me, so it must be something wrong with some file or other on your computer though I have no idea which one would cause this as I'm not really a moder myself.

Angband

Post by Angband » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:08 am

Weathered Ward Aegis: It says it gives 2-5 cold, fire, magic, poison and light skills. In reality it only gives two to each and not the five, it never goes over two.

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Sugestion

Post by gandalf{xan} » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:06 pm

I have a sugestion to make:

we all play non-ladder, so i think it would be great to enable all the uniqs & cube-stuff (e.g. upgrade excep -> elite) that blizzard intended for ladder-only

life´s too short. . .

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:47 pm

agreed!

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Sugestion

Post by mouse » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:06 am

gandalf{xan}";p="176457" wrote:I have a sugestion to make:

we all play non-ladder, so i think it would be great to enable all the uniqs & cube-stuff (e.g. upgrade excep -> elite) that blizzard intended for ladder-only

done. will be out whenever there is another version.
can't believe i forgot to do this - probably i didn't forget, but rather i assumed that no one would play ladder because the 'public diablo' ladders don't usually work right, and the difficulty of ladder is exactly the same as non-ladder (in vanilla they are different) in EftA.

none of my new items are ladder only.
Last edited by mouse on Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:46 am

Great mouse, thanks :)

I also thought about enabling all the runewords blizzard left out.
But I'm not completely sure if this is a good idea, since some wouldn't make sense in Efta (claws rw, or +skills). More runewords in general would be a cool thing, not really necessary, though.

By the way, is it possible to force vendor to sell socketed items? It happens quite often that I search for socketed items and can't find any. Perhaps it's even good that way, balancing the game more. Anyone else with opinions?

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:24 am

thx mouse :) how about enabling upgrades for set-items? maybe some of them are worth the runes

i second Xc´s proposal :)
sometimes i seek dozens of runs for one special socketed item
if its possible, plz enable 6sockelts on grand matron bows :D

about runewords: i thought about opening a thread about that, because i too think there should be more of them & i have some ideas

ps: Xc, i have collected some socketet items, send me a pm what exactly u seek & i look through my mules
life´s too short. . .

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:06 pm

I just started playing this mod, and so far I am having fun. One thing I noticed is the NPC dialogs have old class names, and perhaps other legacy information. I see you didn't change anything in the first few quests, so people familiar with the dialogs would probably not look at them.

An easy cosmetic change is to change EXPANSION to the mod name and version (several string edits), which will then appear in the main and character selection menus and the upper right of the game window.

An alternative installation method is to create a mod directory under the Diablo II directory, install the EftA files there, and use either a shortcut or the launching scripts to start the game. This avoids swapping files in the main game directory. I haven't had any trouble with this so far. I don't know how this would work for realm play, but I can't think why it wouldn't.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:34 pm

Myhrginoc";p="176785" wrote:I just started playing this mod, and so far I am having fun. One thing I noticed is the NPC dialogs have old class names, and perhaps other legacy information. I see you didn't change anything in the first few quests, so people familiar with the dialogs would probably not look at them.
yeah i havent touched the strings or the dialogue yet, there is a modified storyline in the works, but with the limited amount of modding time i have lately (none :( ), and the fact that this is on the bottom of my list, it won't be for a while.
also note that i haven't changed any quests yet, i'm not as skilled as some of our uber modders that write their own quest systems. plus, class balancing is more important to me right now. i'd like to get the 'core' stable and then fill in the frills as i go along. although we all know how hard real 'balance' is to achieve.
An easy cosmetic change is to change EXPANSION to the mod name and version (several string edits), which will then appear in the main and character selection menus and the upper right of the game window.
i'll put this on my list of things to throw in the next patch.
An alternative installation method is to create a mod directory under the Diablo II directory, install the EftA files there, and use either a shortcut or the launching scripts to start the game. This avoids swapping files in the main game directory. I haven't had any trouble with this so far. I don't know how this would work for realm play, but I can't think why it wouldn't.
people can do this if they like, i'm not going to tell them how to start up my mod. i did look at the lanching scripts a while back, i don't think they ran correctly on my machine for some reason or another - there are some bugs in my OS that i'm waiting till i have time to reformat to fix, maybe they will work then.

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”