Help my zon!

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

Ivann

Help my zon!

Post by Ivann » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:03 am

My zon is psn arrow/wrath of flame build and psn is maxed and i'm lvl 43. Wrath is like lvl 3.

9 k psn over 6 secs but my gear is junk mostly. Are there any runewords I can make at a low lvl? (43) I plan on making bramble sometime in a few years. Now I use 2 tal helm and might use a 3-5 tal bow maybe? I just beat norm without dying once but I had to lure minions out since my 9 k psn had NO effect on them.

I play single and every good item I find is for another class. So what should I do? Should I keep those stones I find? So much confusion!

ViLLaiN

Re: Help my zon!

Post by ViLLaiN » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:29 am

Greeting Ivann,

I was in a similar situation about a month ago. I made a Huntress (Amazon with Traps) and was running into similar problems as you did.

My first huntress was Frozen Arrow (maxed), and Arcane Trap (maxed) + Flame Field.

In the beginning I had a hard time finding a good bow. So do like I did, I found me a nice 4 socket bow that I stuck Nef rune (knockback!)+ the highest Gems I had that. So I was doing mostly elemental damage, but the knockback kept the enemies away. I chose to go with ice to freeze the target. At the time it seemed like it was the best choice, but later the freeze effect is cut bigtime and at times no way to slow the monsters down. My poor huntress Companion, Wyvern and my Mercenary were speed bumps at times. I finally managed to slap some points into Arcane trap (Corpse Explosion!) and procede untill hell difficulty where it was hard to get the first kill to use my arcane trap. I finally gave up :( and made plan B, Various Fire arrow skills and that other fire trap that has a bigger buring area and fires 6 times and good ole Arcane trap. :twisted:

The synergy bonusus combined really helped out your next skill too. I managed to find a unique rotwood x-bow that was pretty fast and had nice life and mana leach. I used all my sharpeing stones and balancing stones to get the damage a bit higher. I later found a Matriarchal Bow with +3 to bow skills, I used my socket quest and got 5 sockets, I later made "CALL TO ARMS" for some nice mods and life+mana steal on it. So read up on runewords and how to use various stones to increase attack speed on gloves and mana+life leach on bows/gloves.

Here some tips, have "some" Magic Find items handy in weapons switch or in your inventory so, seconds before getting the last hit on the act boss or mini boss slap on the magic find. Also, if you can have your mercenary also have some magic find items. Remember that the mercenaries magic find is YOUR TOTAL MAGIC FIND + MERCENARY MAGIC FIND. So let him get the last hit. I had an Act 1 Roge that got all/most of my hand me down items. I ended up copying a mercenary build that I read about in this forum by StephenIsHot and his NM lit merc. Load up this puppy with as many ORT runes as you can find and watch him light it up. 8-O !!!! (Thanks for the tip, StephenIsHot)

You should also read my previous post called "Whats your build and skills?"

*I suggest you invest in Arcane Trap (godly skill and personal favorite).
*look into mana steal for your bow and gloves using stones.
*look into increased attack speed for your gloves using stones.
*Use your mercenary, hopefully not as a speed bump.
*DONT spread your skill points around between Ice, fire, poison, other weak traps. Follow the synergy path you choose.
*Read and print out every cube recipy available in this forum.
*after every battle press ctrl+Alt so see what's on the floor! I see people leave the godliest things on the floor.
*I like to use some uniqe shild that grants me warewolf form (+ attack speed and + life) then i switch back to my bow while still in wolf form. :)
*I also have some unique ciclet that grants me +bone armor that I put on before every major battle then replace back to nice Delirium runeword Helmet.
*keep in mind that you can also upgrade your runes by combing 3 of the same kind in your cube (after jah you only need 2 of the same kind)

Well I hope this helps, I'm still pretty much a noob at this, but I have read up quite a bit on whats possible with stones and runes. I'm guessing you might have to redo your Huntress also a few times before your happy with her.

I apologize for my crappy spelling job and lack of detail about some of the items and skills mentioned (bad memory, im working :) ) Reply back with any questions you might have. I can fill you in on any details i skipped/forgot.

ViC

Ivann

Post by Ivann » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Well it's up to 14 k now and I rly don't wanna have to remake a char and go through all the crap I did before unless I can find an editor that works for this mod.

I found these boots the give +1 dex per lvl in norm den at lvl 5 or something so now they have +40 some dex I guess they help but AR is kinda useless with this build since wrath always hits and psn explodes. Mana is never a problem since psn cost is so low and wrath isn't good enouph to be used in act 2 norm yet, besides mana pots are all over the place. Same with phys damage and ias, both have a low casting delay and crap phys damage. So I use psn aginst all and fire aginst immunes (when it gets strong enouph, IF it does)

I also crash when i'm in the dark wood in nm (or black marsh) don't know why.

ViLLaiN

Post by ViLLaiN » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:22 am

14k poison damage (guessing, over 6 sec.?)

It just might work.... I didnt think that the poison damage when synergies are applied would get that high.

Another thing, your build goes against everything that the huntress capitalizes on. My new Rain of Fire huntress with Arcane Trap is based on raw speed and instant damage.

In the 6 seconds your poison damage is takeing effect (and NOT stacking over your previous poison arrow). my fire based huntress has shot off about 3-4 shots per second(got to love IAS and a quick bow) of maxed rain of fire + all other fire synergies. Throw in a few +skills items and some mana and life steal and and last a nice Arcane Trap on top of the pile of dead bodies to watch the entire herd fall at once. Immune to fire? my level 95 nm lighhting merc takes care of them. witht he nice +3 to bow skills Call to Arms runeword bow and other +skills items even my frozen or freezing arrow is a bit effective when fireing at a fast rate. Remember, you only need 1 or 2 guys to fall for the Arcane trap to trigger and detinate the corpse, then it's a domino effect! :D

Seeing how well you speak of poison arrow, I might mix in one shot of poison arrow every 6 seconds, no need to rapid fire with poison.

something you might want to keep in mind, I had unique rotwood x-bow that had like -20% poison resist to enemy, and also a nice unique belt (sash type) that also had some -% poison resist to enemy and a +1 to skills.

I'll need to check, but poison trap might synergi with your poison arrow and might be usefull to mix in the attack if the trap benefits from your poison arrow and possibly arcane trap (ill need to check when I get home)

Another thing, that darn poison damage calculation gets complicated when mixing in shorter poison durations from charms and items on top of your skill durations.

hope it helps.

ViC

Ivann

Post by Ivann » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:50 pm

My comp screwed up like one day before I read that, had to revert to my back up which was like 2 months past so I lost the data.

SOO I had to reinstall, now my zon and summoner are gone :twisted:

And yeh my psn damage wasn't the fastest killer but it was the only thing that was killing for me at the time. I only had trouble with psn resistant monsters like those things in the dark wood.

Not sure if the dark wood crash will come back since it only happend in NM, but i'll see. I had a summoner(druid?) before my zon/huntress. I tried a melee pally...might try a witch (asn?) or maybe i'll do druid again?

phatboybdk

Post by phatboybdk » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:26 am

hello Ivann me and my stepdad play this mod on tcp/ip sometimes we're only like lvl 60 & 66 but we have created mules (hard process to do since one computer CANT join the other ones games and the one that CAN join is the one WITHOUT the mules) and we could help u out sometime join 192.168.1.101 OR try 192.168.1.100 over the course of spring break we are workin on a5 nm and will prolly finish that tonight and might be able to rush u :D

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:46 am

You might check message dates, Ivann was asking about this six months ago.

As for mules, you might check out plugY, that eliminates a need for mules and shared stash works over tcp/ip I believe. The new version of plugy even works with v1.09x mods like Zy-El.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”