runewords and item type

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

madsurgery
Champion of the Light

runewords and item type

Post by madsurgery » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:23 pm

Do runewords work in magic, rare and/or unique items?

ViLLaiN

Re: runewords and item type

Post by ViLLaiN » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:10 am

greetings madsurgery,

Unfortunately, you can't socket runewords into unique, set, rare, or magical items. Only socketable items (gray color), with no more and no less the amount of sockets needed to make the runeword.

You can socket runes, jems, or stones into unique, set, rare, magical and regular socketable (gray) items for their indivudial attributes.

remember, you can use your favorite torso armor, glove, helmet, or weapon (unique, set, rare, magical, socketed, or normal) in a cube recipy along with the appropriate stones to get all kinds of nice mods. Some of my favorite mods for my huntress are Life and Mana steal on my bow and on my gloves, Increased attack speed on my gloves, 53% more mana on helmets, crushing blow, open wounds, ctritical strike, +1min damage and +1 to max damage just to name a few. so pick up every last sharpening stone or whatever stone stone to come across.

Also, remember that you can turn a normal item (white color text) to a socketable item (gray color test) using the ACT 5 - quest 1 (socket quest) after killing Shrenk the Overseer. When this same socket quest to socket an unsocketed unique, set, or rare item, you only get ONE socket.

p.s. I found my first unique jewl yesterday! Now these are nice to socket into your favorite armor or weapon. I dont remember all the mods or name, but it had quite a bit of pro poison damage mods on it (-enemy resistance, x-x poison damage over 2 sec. % chance to cast poison spell when struck, and i think it had a +1 to poison skills). It would of made a nice addition to poison huntress Ivann from a past post.

hope it helps

ViC

madsurgery
Champion of the Light

Post by madsurgery » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:23 am

thanks villain. You are very polite. I like that.

I guess that using cube recipes you can even add a number of sockets to uniques and sets even if I guess this won`t be a very easy thing to do since some recipes require quite a few variety of runes which appear to be quite difficult to get.

I am liking this mod. It does not appear to be an easy mod and the multitude of items available is a joy to behold.

Sry if my english appears squareish but i am no native english speaking person.

ViLLaiN

Post by ViLLaiN » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:53 am

Madsurgery,

Yep, all I need now is a Zod rune to 2-socket my Windforce (when if find it) :-|

Remember you can upgrade your runes too. 3 of the same kind gets you the next highest rune, up to Jah (if i remember correctly). After Jah you'll need only 2 of a kind to the next highest rune. Unfortunately, Cham is currently bugged and can't be upgraded to. So you'll need to find Cham and Zod the hard way, by tripping over one. ;) I'm not sure how high of a rune can be dropped from Hell difficulty ACT 4 quest 2 (Mephisto's soul stone hammer time).

About likeing this mod. I agree, It's a work of art. Props to mouse. It's a bummer we cant get a server hooked up.

Just the extra H. Cube space, extra Stash space, extra inventory space was enough to get me hooked. Then I find out that there's hundreds more uniques/set items and that there's a a whole new level of cubeing stones to get great mods on already socketed weapons.

About the difficulty of this game. Well, at first the resistance penaly in hell was a BIG problem and required a change of equipment and charms. But a few more levels and a bit of luck and the difficulty was back to normal. Now, if you want to see difficult, do Hell difficulty Cow level using most of your magic finding gear. 8-O

Now I'm trying to find that high level huntress set (ranger something... I cant remember the exact title) to see what damage my huntress can really do.

Lets hope mouse doesn't give up on this mod and make it a final.

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”