2 BIG BUG - gloves,belts and boots

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

madsurgery
Champion of the Light

2 BIG BUG - gloves,belts and boots

Post by madsurgery » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:54 am

BUG 1: when applying gems/runes the properties allocated are not associated with the expected type. Eg: gloves should get weapon properties of gems, but veryy often they get shield properties.

BUG 2: when gloves, belts and boots spawn, %defense is not considered. Eg: a belt with defense 3 spawns with 20% defense property. However the defense of the belt remains 3 irrispective of this supposed increase in %defense.

I hope these bugs are addressed by any1. Ther are really annoying.

ViLLaiN

Re: 2 BIG BUG - gloves,belts and boots

Post by ViLLaiN » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:01 am

greeting madsurgery,

about bug 1, that's very strange. I have been socketing runes and gems into my gloves and have yet to experience this bug. maybe it's limited the glove type you used.... can you give more details as to what type of gloves, belts, ect. used and what rune or jem you used, and I'll try recreate the bug.

about bug 2, I dont think i have encountered this problem neither. to be perfictly honest I haven't payed attention to defence in gloves, belts and boots. on torso armor, it's a bit diffrent since balancing stones in cubes gets you a nice 1% Enhanced Defence per rune. I'll experiment a bit next time I play and repost.

Another thing might be that calculations round down to the whole number. 3 x 1.2 = 3.6
since 3.6 is not quite 4, it is diplayed as 3. This can easaly be checked by checking with an item with higher deffence.
Last edited by ViLLaiN on Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*** We don't need no stinken Signatures ***

madsurgery
Champion of the Light

Post by madsurgery » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:07 am

About bug2: there is nothing buggy. Sometimes if the defense is low, one needs a high % defense increase for the base defense to increase.
Eg: glove defense 2. With 45% increased defense, one will get 0.9 increase of defense, Thus the glove would wtill display as having a defense of 2.
Sorry for this one. My mistake.

About bug 1: I have to still test this completely. i`ll post when I have all data.
Last edited by madsurgery on Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViLLaiN

Post by ViLLaiN » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:25 am

I slaped a few runes and jems into belts, gloves, and boots, they all seemed to function properly.

Armor category: torso armor, hats, boots
Shild category: belts, shilds
Weapon category: gloves, weapon

I did however encounter a problem trying to socket "Heart or the Oak" into a 4 socket "mace" a few weeks ago. The reason I put quotes around mace is because in the item description for a "war septer" it says mace class weapon. Im not sure if it's a typo on my info chart, or the runword only functions on staffs.

Here's what's I have writen down:
Heart of the Oak Runeword = 4 socket MACE or Staff + Ko rune + Vex rune + Pul rune + Thul rune

let me know if you have managed to create Hear of the Oak and with what 4 socket weapon.

Using sharpening stones on elite armors the calculation for enhanced defence works correctly.

repost if you do find something strange.

Ivann

Post by Ivann » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:34 pm

HOTO works in flails/scourges/knouts, not scepters.

ViLLaiN

Post by ViLLaiN » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:16 am

many thanks for the confirmation on Heart of The Oak.

it's a bit of a bummer it doesn't work on septors. :(

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”