Will this mod start again? or its dead?

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Will this mod start again? or its dead?

Post by erevos » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:36 pm

A great modi love the skills but its dead?

Modmaker
Champion of the Light

Re: Will this mod start again? or its dead?

Post by Modmaker » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:01 pm

I agree, definately a great mod. One of the best i've played :) . Would be great if Mouse could continue modding on it but probarly real life issues holding him back.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:34 am

I have tried many mods but the skills that EFTA has is better even from the ones on original Diablo and the key is the balance. great job!

chris76218

Post by chris76218 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:48 pm

EFTA,the best MOD i ever played.
All new great skill and so many new and powerful item.
Thnaks for mouse's hard working on it, and
i wish mouse can keep doing this if he could.
Anyway,Thanks alot for mouse.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:34 am

I'm not saying this is 100% dead, I was surprised to a see 1.11 actually came out ...of nowhere.

But for the foreseeable future I am busy in the working world. I've only got about 2 hours of free time a day, and I use that for actual gaming for the most part. If anyone cares, I'm playing City of Heroes and will be hitting Dungeon Siege 2 when I get my furry little paws on it!.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks so much for the kind words, I'm very glad people are still enjoying something I put such a huge chunk of time and mind into!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:00 am

Many of us are underwhelmed by 1.11 (we have found some serious structural flaws), but as you said, it was an astonishing surprise.

Glad you checked in! If you ever find yourself taking up the mod again, let one of us admins know and we'll move you back to an appropriate category. Until then, good luck with your current endeavors.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

dfnord
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dfnord » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:25 am

I am amazed with the work of this mod! The concept, the gameplay and the originality really made a great impression on me. Just wonder why people don't play it as much as they play other unsupported mods (*cough*nez*cough* :roll: )...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:56 am

I agree, I had a lot of fun with this mod. I think Nez gets legs because it isn't really unsupported yet. It ended up here because Acromatic Aria expected to retire from D2 modding after releasing v1.08a, but he hasn't been able to shake the addiction completely yet. Mod forums tend to do better when the modmaker shows up!
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:56 am

If the mods is halfway dead, that sucks..
this mod is great, a completely new experince.
well not completely..
maybe add a few diffrent levels..
and other super unique monsters..
but, so far is enough :)

Yopurzag

Post by Yopurzag » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:30 am

Hey Mouse,

Just to say hello!... if there is a mod who deserves to have a better and propr end, it defenitly your great mod.

Today there are new tools, new skill icons packs, a bunch of new item graphics (for item classes at list)... and I wonder how this could it bring the final touch to the mod.

There are people who don´t forget the great mods and their mod makers.

Make us smile and stop nearby sometime!

with my best wishes,

yopurzag
Last edited by Yopurzag on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:27 pm

[quote=Yopurzag";p="288018"]Hey Mouse,

Just to say hello!... if there is a mod who deserves to have a better and propr end, it defenitly your great mod.

Today there are new tools, new skill icons packs, a bunch of new item graphics (for item classes at list)... and I wonder how this could it bring the final touch to the mod.

There are people who don´t forget the great mods and their mod makers.

Make us smile and stop nearby sometime!

with my best wishes,

yopurzag[/quote]

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I got old, married, grad school, moved, had a kid and now do the full-time adult thing. I doubt I'll ever have the time to check out the new tools...but it's tempting. I keep almost re-installing D2.

But D3 may just pull me out of the woodwork... if it's mod friendly perhaps I'll be able to make the EftA I always wanted to.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Hey mouse fantastic mod really... pls pls make some final changes, we will see D3 probably in 1+ year... skills are amazing!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:33 pm

This is what I get for being an occasional visitor. Mouse returns! ...if only for a moment. I understand the demands of a responsible life, that is why TFW:Awakening is frozen in place. But who knows what time might open up in the future, and D3 is a couple of years away at least. EftA didn't have too many holes left to plug, so you probably could get through those in a few months or so, unless you had new content in mind that went well beyond what was in the last couple of releases.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am

Myhrginoc" wrote:This is what I get for being an occasional visitor. Mouse returns! ...if only for a moment. I understand the demands of a responsible life, that is why TFW:Awakening is frozen in place. But who knows what time might open up in the future, and D3 is a couple of years away at least. EftA didn't have too many holes left to plug, so you probably could get through those in a few months or so, unless you had new content in mind that went well beyond what was in the last couple of releases.
Someday! Maybe if folks are still playing D2 in another decade. I've got two little ones now and man, time would be sweet. It's really strange, looking over the forum and my old comments and everything really. I don't even remember most of the work I did. Like literally another lifetime. It looks like the mod pages have been pulled down? Are the files still even hosted? Using the file search for "escape" and "afterlife" yielded nothing.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:25 am

Plannetdiablo have stopped with hosting mods since sometimes last years. Most active mod sites have moved to our new host at hugelaser.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:36 pm

i have EFTA, im still playing a little, i even fixed it so can be played on D2SE its something like a mod manager :)

CoRRuPTeD

Post by CoRRuPTeD » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I too thought this mod was excellent and have thought about taking up again. I remember the reason why I quit it was because of those shadow lurker-like creatures in a5 were way too strong. I remember losing my HC char almost in an instant and I was playing a life+summon combo with a friend to make sure we could survive...

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Tue May 26, 2020 1:09 am

Random comment from the abyss...a chance comment to a friend and a google search led me back to discover someone else has picked up the torch that I hadn't even realized I left burning! Fascinating and amazing to see folks still playing this.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 am

mouse wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:09 am
Random comment from the abyss...a chance comment to a friend and a google search led me back to discover someone else has picked up the torch that I hadn't even realized I left burning! Fascinating and amazing to see folks still playing this.
Welcome home! :) Well, even very deep buried, the torch of EftA never stopped! So... i thought it deserved something more, a revive. I've learn to mod just to make this revive!

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue May 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank You both :rightthumb:

From what I can see, at least from the latest version, I think I'm really going to enjoy it. :P

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”