strange problem

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

DasMonster

strange problem

Post by DasMonster » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:42 pm

hi i got a strange problem and i dont have seen any topics like this before....
i downloaded the dlls and the mpq and putted them into the diablo 2 main folder.. if i start a new car the game chrases if i look at the skill tree or use skills.. my questions are what can i do?? is it perhaps because i got a german diablo 2 version??? thx 4 reading and sorry for my bad english

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: strange problem

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:51 am

That could be the problem. You might try the following and see if it helps.
  1. Make a subdirectory for the mod (e.g. C:\Program Files\Diablo II\EftA).
  2. Move all the mod files to the subdirectory. (See the readme.txt file for which ones.) Restore the original clean patch_D2.mpq and dlls to the Diablo II directory.
  3. Download our Mod Running Scripts and put them in the EftA directory.
  4. In the subdirectory, make a new subdirectory called data. In this new directory, make one called local (you end up with C:\Program Files\Diablo II\EftA\data\local
  5. Download the English TBL package and extract the USE file, put it in the ...\data\local directory. (The USE file is a one-byte binary file with 00 as the value, if you know how to make this in a hex editor, and save it without an extension.)
  6. In Windows Explorer, double-click on the Launch Mod script. Answer both questions with NO (the default) always. The launcher always runs -direct so it will use the external USE file first.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:18 pm

I have / had the German version.
For most mod it worked for me to overwrite the German d2game.dll with the English one.
I don't know if this fixes this problem but I played EftA with no problems. Still a great mod :)

DasMonster

Post by DasMonster » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:49 pm

thx that helped me a lot... now i can play 2 :) its really the best mod i ever played... thx

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”