2.0 Feature...

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.
Eisead
Champion of the Light

2.0 Feature...

Post by Eisead » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:50 am

I'm glad to announce the first of many new features for BGmod 2.0. BGmod 2.0 will feature a new subclass system. Subclassesed character types will get special bonus and skills that no other character types will get access to. The cost? Your amulet slot.

Character’s who choose not to subclass aren’t left out though. They’ll get an extra 12 skill points over the course of the game.

[Screenshots soon]

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Re: 2.0 Feature...

Post by Joel » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:24 am

Go eisead go !
I can tell you by experience that subclass IS cool :p
Good luck with the project !
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:26 pm

hopefuly i can be one of many that will try this out. as joel says, subclasses are cool, :turnevil:

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:49 am

Can a char be in two or more subclasses?
Like, amulet and two ring slots?
Musst conssume, or oblivion will take uss...

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:00 pm

Uh.. someone point me in the right direction where I can find out what sub-classes are.. :roll:

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:02 pm

without ringing my own bell, but I think Eisead is trying to have some stuff similar to what i've called subcabal, ie getting different and splitted char setup per skill tab. eg having three sub-class per class ...

But i'm maybe wrong :p
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:49 am

Subclassing in DnD can be as simple as choosing a specialization or kit for a chararter. In Baldurs gate (the real game) its in the form of kits. ie, A fighter can be a normal fighter or he can be a Berserker, Wizard Slayer, or Kensai.

In BGmod 2.0 I’m implementing a form of this. You’ll start the game with three skill stones and a subclass amulet. You can choose to sell the amulet for extra start gold and use (right click) the skill stones for an extra three skill points. OR you can shift though the amulet (right clicking) to get the subclass you want and use the ammy and three skill stones to transmute (must get cube first!) and ‘subclass’ your character. Depending on the type of amulet you choose, it will give you benefits to certain skills or access to skills earlier, or even special new skills. You’ll get a chance to upgrade your amulet once per difficulty, in act 5 – quest 2 (Saving the barbarians) your quest reward will be three skill stones. You can either use these to upgrade or get three skill points.

As it stands now [spoiler!] the ‘fighter’ (Barbarian) can choose to become a Berserker, Wizard Slayer, or Kensai. As a Berserker he gets access to a special skill (Berserker rage), early access to whirlwind and frenzy (as well as bonuses to those skills later on), and special access to Leap. But he’ll get life, mana, stamina, and defense penalties to balance it out. [/spoiler]

Drackin
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Drackin » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:34 am

well, this is just what this mod needs to get me back into it.
Also, this may be just me, but if you make the Cavalier kit for the Paladin (based on BG2) Keep him like he is, lots of great bonuses, and almost no important penalties.
Also, are you implementing the trait/ability system that Throne of Bhaal added? or is this what the skills are? (I don't mean implementing it exactly like ToB, but just adding those as skills or something)
WARNING: Prolonged exposure to modding may cause temporary insanity and include sexual side effects, IE/ The lack thereof.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:53 am

Throne of Baal got that from the good ol' Third Edtion Dnd. It would be nice to add something like that, but for the time being: No.

As to Chiffa's question: You'll only get to use the amulet slot.

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:43 pm

Interesting.. I'm looking forward to it..

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”