BGmod 2.0 Idea and a wish list

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.
SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: BGmod 2.0 Idea and a wish list

Post by SubSanity » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:25 pm

Got all your list of subclasses yet?

Not A Llama

Post by Not A Llama » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:19 pm

only thing i can think of now is a bastard sword, can use 1 or 2 handed on any class, and i think i got an idea of how to do that. make monsters drop a right clickable bastard sword that turns into a set sword and and a set shield with 0% block and 0 defence but having the set increases damage. im gunna stop typing now, i just woke up and i will confuse myself.

epsilion

Post by epsilion » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:45 pm

How about some unique throwing potions. That could be utterly silly and fun to play around with. Imagine an exploding grenade doing 3000 damage.
Evolution of Man-4 steps
God makes Man
Man makes War
Man makes Gun
Man destroys God

Darque
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Darque » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:25 am

My idea is this...
Take the Fallen and its variations and rename them to various goblinkind races ie goblins, kobolds, hobgoblins, orcs, etc. The game could also use trolls, giants, and dragons.

Also, replace the the claw weapon master for the bounty hunter with a general weapons mastery, or better yet...take all oriental weapons (ie katana, ninja-to, etc) and add them to the claw mastery and rename it to weapon katas or something to that effect.

Also make unique items to correspond with Dungeons and Dragons magic items such as boots of elvenkind, gauntlets of ogre power, maul of the titans, etc.

Also another idea is to make scrolls with various one time use spell effects such as fireball, chain lightning, or skeletol warrior.

All this will greatly add to the feel of a D&D game as Baldurs Gate is. Also, I really like your idea of subclassing and making the game non-linear. It will add alot more variation to the game.

Valimar

Post by Valimar » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:48 am

Another idea would be to be able to fit EVERYTHING in the same difficulty level... I mean no more nightmare and hell dificulties. It would be so that lvl 1 chars and lvl 99 chars would be able to play in the same game. But it is harder to balance. What is at the end of the game has to be extremely difficult. It would also prevent players from doing all the same things three times, wich is what anoys me the most in D2. I do not mean make the game shorter. I simply mean using all the areas to their fullest.

Also, in my opinion, but I'm sure very few people won't agree with me; I think stats get too high for nothing. I would personnaly lower the stats the fifth from what they are now and make it so you would only receive 1 stat point per level (by scaling all the requirements and everything of course). Having so huge stats, so much life, so heavy damage just make it harder for nothing (well... not really harder, but for lazy boys like me...). Have you already seen someone who strategically distribute stats points when lvling up? Not really... Having only one point to place would make the player think twice before choosing wich stat. And I really think 50 stat points at the begining is too much... really too much.

All in all, with all those ideas, this mod has the potential to be a great one. So far there are a lot of great things, but there are also a lot of things that need to be polished.

Oh and hints and in-game instructions as to what we can do with spheres and all those kind of accessory would be really appreciated...

Also reduce the selling price of demon souls (the things for the iron golem). And mention on the item description that it is for the necro ;). I had a stash full of them before knowing their purpose, because it looked like strong stuff for me (well strong unusable stuff). The way you use your spheres/gems/runes/accessories is very original and great; what is really not great is simply the fact of not knowing how to use all of it.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:06 pm

Thank you for the suggestions everyone.

@Subby, I do have a list... but my processor fried and it on that computer (along with everything else for that matter). So until I get a new one from AMD (2-3 weeks :cry: ), I'll just have to sit on my hands and play old arcade games and work on my other hobby (www.uberella.net) :roll: .

There is going to be more stragey in the game. I almost want to release two versions of the game. An AD&D version (stargeic states, stargeic battles) and a Crawl version (kill everything that moves, then kill there souls, there parents souls, and there family tree for that matter; then dance on the grave). But we'll see.

I was in the process of switching all the files over to 1.10 beta, as it stood, it was going to be a 1.10 beta mod.

Ciderax

Post by Ciderax » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:30 am

Closed Realm support :)

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”