SiC 2.20 realm @ D2Maniacs

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

SiC 2.20 realm @ D2Maniacs

Post by JEBs » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:13 am

We just installed SiC 2.20 on our realm server to get some alternation in MOD playing.
All are invited to play/test with us SiC 2.20 in realm play.
Check our {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} Website how to connect. For those who are familar with realm play, we've IP 80.190.228.16.

When logged in, keep attention in selecting the right realm (=MOD) cause we've ES22 and AR-SE beside SiC runnning !

If you like SiC remain online in our realms (or not), do not forget to vote it in our forum.
Last edited by JEBs on Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Re: SiC 2.20 realm @ D2Maniacs

Post by JEBs » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:32 pm

SiC is now online since about three weeks and it runs without any problems till now, but I'm wondering that there's not much traffic in that realm.

In my point of view SiC is one of the best and complex MODs.
There're lot changes, lovely/intelligent items and recipies, good game balance (except the first 10 lvl ;) ) and really nice lovingly made graphics !!

Ever played SiC in a realm ?! Give it a chance and enjoy SiC with us @ {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:02 am

@JEBs:

Even though I gave brief mention of my mod on your site in a recent home page update, people sometimes don't read the home page much, and traffic at this specific forum is relatively light right now (though it will likely pick up...I hope...when I release v2.21 later this week, which might work to your advantage.

However, if you want to get more people's attention, you might actually want to post about your site in the Member Announcements forum (unless you have already recently and I've just forgotten). You could mention not just SiC but your other hosted mods as well.

On the other hand, if traffic remains too light with regard to my mod as the next few weeks go on, I completely understand. I'd hate to see your effort go to waste and see the mod drop off, but my feelings won't be hurt if it has to happen.

But again, you might want to mention things in a more prominent forum if you haven't already (Member Announcements being the appropriate one, I should think) just because people who have SiC might not come to my forum recently since I've had to delay 2.21 so many times until now. Folks might have assumed that I've given up on the mod, even though I haven't. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:14 pm

May be You're right and I'm somewhat to silent ...
Just placed a short note to the "Memeber announcements", let's see what happen.

Regarding to your other notes:
We're just installing our second server. Realm (CPU) space isn't that problem anymore. Independent of SiC's realm usage we decided that SiC remains online for at least the next weeks cause it is a really nice, powerfull and complex MOD !!
In the case that users ask to install your new version, a char/item compatibility list may be very helpfull (or is the new version totally incompatible to 2.2 ?)

However, everything is going to be good 8)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:52 pm

It's a fine line between being too silent and being too "in people's faces" sometimes...but I think it's probably a good time for you to give a quick shout-out (and yup, I saw your post in Member Announcements :))

As for compatability, I always build my new versions with compatability of old characters in mind. When I change something radically, as I did with the mechanist weapons creation in my mod for 2.21, I kept coding in for the older versions of items so that older characters could still play the mod without having to start from scratch. :mrgreen:

As far as I know, the only old items that are pure 100% trouble are the throwable "energy" swords, which crashed often. But I ditched those out of the game even before 2.20, so that shouldn't be an issue. ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:19 pm

HiHo all together,

just read the interesting stuff about the 2.21 and 2.21a versions.
Thinking now about to update our realm to the last version...(any new 2.21b development in queue ?)

Anything special we've to announce to our players ?
Any known character/item incompatibilities ?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:51 am

So far, I have no reported incompatibilities for 2.21. A few oddities, but then again, 2.20 had oddities I cannot explain. ;)

I am within a matter of days of releasing 2.21a.

No specific plans for a 2.21b...most likely will only release a "b" if bugs are reported in "a" after I release it. If that should happen, I would probably fix the bugs/issues within a matter of a few days. :)

Of course, if anyone DOES have any big bug problems related to using a 2.20 character in 2.21, please let ME know as well as JEBs. :)
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:34 am

Coool, that sounds really good :!:
So we'll wait for 2.21a and put that version online asap :mrgreen:

BTW: Would it be possible to place a small version info to the Intro/Title screen (if not already in) ?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:55 pm

I'll see what I can do to update the title screen and perhaps add that.

:)
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:04 pm

That would be great ! You can't imagine how unknown some players are.....but it would be quite easy to ask them: "What's written in the right bottom edge ?"

So, placing the version number to the main game screen would be enought too....wherever it's easiest for you :)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:11 pm

Of course, the big problem is that there IS a version number...but it's the version number of the Blizzard patch. ;)

If I add something, I'll definitely have to make sure it's clear it's the version number for SiC. :mrgreen:
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:45 pm

AFAIR: Teknokyo has simply placed it in the bottom right edge of the main play-screen (simply somewhere where it's easy readable).

However, forget it if it's to much work :cool:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:37 pm

Not sure if it would be too much work (I don't know exactly what's invovled)...but I'm loath to alter Blizzard's copyright info, version info and things like that. Paranoid, probably, but ah well.

However, it would be a really good idea to differentiate the various versions, and that's something that's long overdue, so I thank you for reminding me that it needs to be done somewhere. :D
-Jeff Bouley

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:26 pm

The bottom right corner is open for your use, Blizzard doesn't have anything critical there. Depending on your image editor, you might have the version on a separate layer as text, then you can edit it easily with each update. Merge the layers for export to dc6con.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:10 am

Ah, I assume then that Blizzard's own version number is in one of the other corners?

Can you tell how infrequently I PLAY the game now. ;)

In any case, I'll come up with some solution...most likely the one that takes me the least amount of time. :P
-Jeff Bouley

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:40 pm

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but what's the current version of SiC? Is 2.21 running stable and finally fixed? On Jeb's server - where I'm playing - 2.20 is running.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:11 pm

2.21 is stable...but still has some bugs and flaws in terms of content/gameplay, which is why I'm finishing up a v2.21a

That will be done this week (it's almost done now, just need to tidy up a few final things). JEBs might decide to wait a bit before moving to 2.21a just to make sure I don't get any reports of character incompatibility or major crashes, but I imagine he'll upgrade from 2.20 to 2.21a in a reasonably short time-frame. Just the feeling that I've gotten.

But if he were to go to 2.21 now, it would be jumping the gun, as 2.21a is coming out right on 2.21's heels and has more stuff and smoother (I hope) gameplay in certain areas.

:)
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:43 pm

Jeff can offically apply for our "spokesman" job :)
It would save me a lot of thinking time.... :cool:

Exactly has Jeff said, we'll make some tests on our test-server when 2.21a is out...If they're successful without big problems we'll go live with 2.21a asap :!:

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:33 pm

JEBs";p="127349" wrote:Jeff can offically apply for our "spokesman" job :)
It would save me a lot of thinking time.... :cool:

Exactly has Jeff said, we'll make some tests on our test-server when 2.21a is out...If they're successful without big problems we'll go live with 2.21a asap :!:
*cue Newbie music* I'm sorry, but how exactly do I play on this server? I've been wanting me some MP SiC for a while now, but I dunno what the deal is.
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:09 pm

http://bnetd.shbe.net

This is D2Maniac's website. Go there and click 'Join'. JEBs made a nice explanation site on how to connect to a closed server.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:43 pm

Yeahh :!: That's how it works :mrgreen:

Please keep attention in selecting the right realm and that we're in SiC's realm still on version 2.20 !!

(New players are always welcome :cool: In special SiC players :!: (reaaalllyy nice MOD))
Last edited by JEBs on Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:03 pm

So in order to play in the server, I'd have to start with brand-new characters? Hmmm...

Well, I'll probably give it a shot when I get home from class in about... 4 and a half hours from now...

Edit: I take it I'll have to "revert" to 2.20 in order to play on the server, right?
Last edited by Max-Violence on Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:16 am

Max-Violence";p="127397" wrote:So in order to play in the server, I'd have to start with brand-new characters? Hmmm...
Yeeessss, that's how "closed realms" work ;)

Max-Violence";p="127397" wrote:Well, I'll probably give it a shot when I get home from class in about... 4 and a half hours from now...
Baaad timezone in which you live :) I'm really tired and go to bed soon... but that's how "closed realms" work: Ther're always some guys playing :)

Max-Violence";p="127397" wrote: Edit: I take it I'll have to "revert" to 2.20 in order to play on the server, right?
Yeees, otherwise our CheatDetector detects you doing things which are not allowed in SiC 2.20 and you'll be killed 8-O

You never played in "closed" emulated servers ?

Ther're some usefull commands (simply enter them as normal chat text):
/help (gives you all possible commands)
/admins (shows you all current online admins)
/con (gives you a list of all logged in user and where they're)
/status (Summary of current user, games, ....)
/games (Current running games)
/friends help (syntax of the friends command)

These are the most important. One bad thing: /con and /games are server wide and not realm specific :cry:

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:27 am

JEBs" wrote:You never played in "closed" emulated servers ?
Nope.

Thanks for the help, but I'll just wait for 2.21a to be posted & updated on the server/realm/whatever.

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:54 pm

SIC is - due to Jeff's ingenius avoidance of dlls - one of the few mac-compatible mods. I would like to play it on your server, but I can't get the (mac) gateway editor you have to work. It just doesn't do anything when I click on it...

Return to “Arcanum Archives”