Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Post by kingpin » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:49 pm

Vendanna:

I havn't present the latest member in the Dark Alliance team yet, since the website aren't up currently and that i have been working on the new website and ofcourse the mod itself. But, the Horse, Farmer, Possessed Farmer and Zekleemoth demon is made by him. There will be a lot of graphics made by the two artists that i'm lucky to have ;)

a nice demon, will it shoot a special projectile inestead of classic arrows like Soul arrows that hurt your mana and stamina?
Its not decided yet what typ of attack he will have. He will probably use longer arrows atleast. This will be a common demon in chapter 6 ;)

a Horse!!!!!! you got an animation of horses!!! they can move and attack? what they do!!! where do you get them? do you will release it as a secret pluging?

It can move, run (even that i'm not using the run move currently) and walk. I can tell that i have a female archer that are riding on a horse as an enemie also ;)

I only hope they are not like the first level creatures the Knight had on Heroes of Might & Magic 2
The farmers are NPC. There will exist a lot of different NPC's. Some will be useful and some will be just persons who lives there.

hmm and what happens to this one? the Demon will resurge after you destroy its carcass? (thiniking on those evil Crysallid from UFO: Enemy unknow *shrugs*)
This demon has taken the poor farmers body. Since the demon lives inside the farmer it has affect the farmer in several ways. First it will be aggressive when someone comes near him, the demon hungers for pain and will use the farmers fist to attack with and has also an additional attack, a firebreath attack. When you hurt the possessed farmer enough it will run away, because both the demon and the farmer that still are there is afraid from dying. During this run it will gain an increased regen rate. If you finally kill him you will get a bad surprise. The cellar that he lives in is also a subquest area.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:15 pm

kingpin";p="132253" wrote:Vendanna:

I havn't present the latest member in the Dark Alliance team yet, since the website aren't up currently and that i have been working on the new website and ofcourse the mod itself. But, the Horse, Farmer, Possessed Farmer and Zekleemoth demon is made by him. There will be a lot of graphics made by the two artists that i'm lucky to have ;)
you are a lucky man, and I hope he enjoy doing that also, the graphics looks really good, so I wish all of you a good work ;)
Its not decided yet what typ of attack he will have. He will probably use longer arrows atleast. This will be a common demon in chapter 6 ;)
Glad it will not use the normal arrow attack, since demons are supposed to be stronger and using "mortal weapons" is not their way to attack :)
It can move, run (even that i'm not using the run move currently) and walk. I can tell that i have a female archer that are riding on a horse as an enemie also ;)
A RIDING Female Archer!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaa! that's really awesome I was sad since I never was able to see a Diablo 2 game like from "Legend of Five Rings" where one of the Major clans ALL ride on horses ;)

its a nice history for a game, and I almost complete the books of all the clans (currently only need the Path of the Crab that are the ones that keeps demons out of the imperial city on his high Wall)

what should I say, that's more of what I expected on the mod.
The farmers are NPC. There will exist a lot of different NPC's. Some will be useful and some will be just persons who lives there.
glad to hear that. I still remember when one of my friends went to one of the gold mines surrounded by ghosts with his legion of peasants, certainly fight agaisnt a legion of ghosts are not my preferences :P
[spoiler]This demon has taken the poor farmers body. Since the demon lives inside the farmer it has affect the farmer in several ways. First it will be aggressive when someone comes near him, the demon hungers for pain and will use the farmers fist to attack with and has also an additional attack, a firebreath attack. When you hurt the possessed farmer enough it will run away, because both the demon and the farmer that still are there is afraid from dying. During this run it will gain an increased regen rate. If you finally kill him you will get a bad surprise. The cellar that he lives in is also a subquest area.[/spoiler]
wow! sorry for make you reveal information about the mod at this stage, that could be considered as Spoiler :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:53 pm

hehe, that information is supposed to be avaible when the next website update is made. So it didn't hurt to add that into here also. Also the first chapter reveals a lot more information than any other chapters will togheter since i don't want to spoil the fun to discover things ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:17 am

It was some weeks since i posted some info last ;)

As you know from another thread afj666 has joined the Dark Alliance team and this has mean that the developement speed has increased a lot ;)

He has code the new NPC-system that Dark Alliance are going to have. I will add a lot more information about it later. But, down here you will see a completly new NPC talking with you, this one just say some random word to you ;)

New NPC that talks with you

I'm finally near the end of chapter 1 with adding new monsters. Here are some new monster screenshots.

Demon Skeleton:
Uses several skills bonespirit, hellmeteor, teleport and a healing vortex. When they are in a group they works verry well together. If you hurt one demon skeleton enough it will teleport himself away from you, at the same time his friends starts to cast healing vortex spell on him to heal him.

Demon Skeleton (a favorite of mine from Diablo 1)

Demon Skeleton Second screenie

Efreet:
An efreet are immune to fire and are living in The Badlands area.

Efreet

Large Skeletons:
Large Skeleton uses different type of skills. He can ressurect skeletons, and summon skeleton archers, heal skeletons and use a new skill that you can see a screenshot in the first picture down here.

LargeSkeleton (King Leoric returns, its the diablo1 animation of King Leoric)

LargeSkeleton (The Player has got cursed by the Large Skeleton)

LargeSkeleton (Here the Large Skeleton are using an aura that boosts his skeleton friends)

EDIT:

Here are a first look of the new boss Asmodai.

Asmodai and his friends

New Monster Skill:
There are a lot of new monsterskills and this time i have a nice new skill to share. This skill is used by another monster to enchant the armor of this monster that you can see in the screenshot.

Enchance Magical Armor:
It adds defence based on level and fireimmunity

Enchant Armor

The Throwing Potions:
There will exist a lot of different throwing potions, more useful than in unmodded game, some will even be dangerous to use.

Fire Potion

Cursed Potion (Some potions can be cursed and in this screenie you see the poor player using the potion and release the monsters you see in there when throwing the potion)
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:24 pm

Love the potions, they rock. How many total new ones have you made? And if you need ideas for more, I'm always open. You know where to find me ;).
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:08 am

Love the potions, they rock. How many total new ones have you made? And if you need ideas for more, I'm always open. You know where to find me
I was almost sure that i had answered this. There aren't decided how many new potions there will be, when i tested them i made 10-15 potions just for fun ;)

Names are always welcome, so if you have suggestions for names to the new potions you can always post it here ;)

I have some new screenshots from the spellbook-system.

Earth Dart spellbook/scroll:

Screenshot of Earth Dart cast overlay #1

Screenshot of Earth Dart cast overlay #2

Screenshot of Earth Dart cast overlay #3

Some screenshots of spellbook icons:
The text are using orange color to mark the difference from a normal skill.

Screenshot of Earth Blend Icon

Screenshot of Earth Dart Icon
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WarWolf
Paladin

Post by WarWolf » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:51 pm

Dude im gettin really hot when im looking at your mod concept and those screens :) did i mention that i want to sign up for the next test? Well, I mean only if it isnt public ...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:23 pm

Thanx, there will be a signup topic for the beta test (for preview version). Right now i can't give an estimate when its time for that.

Althalus

Post by Althalus » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:41 pm

I came up with an idea for the Wishing Well!
If you dont give enough gold, a ghost will come up and curse you with a dislike curse, the vendors sell everything 10% more expensive items. The curse will probably last 2-5 minuites or something! And another thing would be that TALK function is gone... poof! Not choosable until curse is over...
I got plenty of ideas, but no one of them would be too interesting ... I could post later :)

afj666
Retired staff
Champion of the Light
Denmark

Hand-picked

Post by afj666 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:18 pm

Everything is interesting, just fire away. We might e interested in some of it, or maybe we could improve some of your ideas. :)
Extended Levels Plugin | Extended Object | Plugin | CustomTbl Plugin
Your Weight Is Appropriate.... For A Medium Sized Russian Tank

c0L0zus

Post by c0L0zus » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:52 pm

Lol.. the idea for the well is good :)

But... it will be cool if the monster in the shrine is something like powerfull demon :) or Diablo himself ! :) but however :-|

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:01 pm

I have finished all common affixes now and here are some examples of what you can find early in the game.

Example #1

Example #2

Example #3

Example #4

Example #5

Example #6

Example #7

EDIT:

Corrected non-working links.
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Althalus

Post by Althalus » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:42 am

Nice affixes and stuff. But on the 7th screenshot could you make it "Decrease maximum durability by 12%" or something like it?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:59 pm

Yep, but its hopefully already fixed. I took these screenies before i had corrected the display for all negative affixes ;)

Defog

New skill suggestion

Post by Defog » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:46 pm

Like I said earlier, I came up with a new paladin skill though I'm not sure if someone has used it already. But anyways, here it is:

Humiliation (or Mortification or something):
Corpse of the monster slain in the radius will immidiately explode.
Lvl 1 stats:
Radius: 10 Yards (raises 1 yard / lvl) <-- aura radius
Radius2: 3 Yards (raises 0.3 / lvl) <-- CE radius
Damage: 40% of slain monster's life (raises 2% / lvl)
Attack Rating: +100% (raises 10% / lvl)

Of course if a partymember kills the enemy and the explosion kills more monsters, the guy who hit the first hit of the possible and very effective chainreaction will get the exp.

Sounds neat if you ask me :) Imagine the chainreaction...
<| Celebrate the Sound |>

Les Ernas

Post by Les Ernas » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:47 pm

Sounds quite nice, but I think it's a bit too strong.
If you max up that skill you will have

Radius 1 : 29 Yards Radius (Aura)
Radius 2 : 8,7 yards CE-Radius
Damage : 78% of slain monsters life
AR : 290% AR

When leveling further you'll probalby find +Skills-Items, so the slvl will be around 25 or even higher...

I think you should include a chance for the explosion like in this aura that transforms slain monsters into life and mana (I don't know the english name :roll:)

I would turn it into something like this:

Humiliation (or Mortification or something):
Corpse of the monster slain in the radius will immidiately explode.
Lvl 1 stats:
Radius: 6 Yards (raises 0,6 yard / lvl) <-- aura radius
Radius2: 2,6 Yards (raises 0.3 / lvl) <-- CE radius
Damage: 40% of slain monster's life (raises 1,5% / lvl)
Attack Rating: +100% (raises 10% / lvl)
Chance for CE: 25% (increases by 2% / lvl )
two hens, three geese

Defog

Post by Defog » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:12 pm

Yes I had something like that in mind too, just forgot to post it there :) And I have no idea of the skill system in DA. That was mainly for vanilla lod :P
<| Celebrate the Sound |>

vivi_mate

Post by vivi_mate » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:17 pm

Happy New Year everybody!!

The idea of Dark Alliance looks pretty nice... however most people wanna play some sort of demo. I realized this thread hasn't been posted in for 3 weeks.

It would be interesting to have strange properties in items such as:

+% life leech based on char level
+0.01 max dmg per hit
+defence/strength
+% mana leech based on char level
+%defence/strength
+max traps
+max shadow masters

Keep up the good work!
Last edited by vivi_mate on Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A hero is not a hero without a woman."

Les Ernas

Post by Les Ernas » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:04 pm

[quote=vivi_mate";p="147444"]
+0.01 max dmg per hit
[/quote]

Well, if you do that, why don't you create somthing like this?
+ x min dam per hit ;)

These variables have to be balanced very well, otherwise you end up wiht millions of max-dam. Just count the hits you need to do with a fana-zealot if you want to level up... :twisted:
A possibility would be to remove the stored max-dam-bonus when the weapon is repaired. But what shall we do with Indestructable items...:?:

Another property:
- x% cast-delay per level
Last edited by Les Ernas on Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two hens, three geese

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:44 pm

I'm sorry for the lack of update during some time now. We are still working hard to finish the betaversion, thats the main reason why no updates has been made and I have also been sick during that period. But here are atleast some new screenshots from some unique items.

Basilisk Kiss

Black Lotus

Chaos Kin

Corpse Flayer

Demon Hate

Devils Advocate

Doomsister

Eternity Cable

Feathering Mithril

Fenris Wolf

Gamblers Glory
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Les Ernas

Post by Les Ernas » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:29 pm

Nice to see you're back kingpn :)

I have another suggestion for a paladin-skill, based on the one Defog presented a few posts ago.

Here it goes:

Poison Mist (Aura)
Poisons enemies within the radius

Poison damage: 100-150 (increased by ?/lvl)
Poison duration: 1 second (should increase too, but not so much that the poison-dam per second decreases)
Chance that enemy is poisoned: 50% (raises by 1% per level)
Radius: 4 yards (increases by 0.3-0.6 yards / lvl)
two hens, three geese

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:15 am

I will probably start work on the skills for each class in some weeks. I will look into the skill suggestions I have got and see how they fit into the ideas I have :)

Les Ernas

Post by Les Ernas » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:47 pm

I don't know if you have seen them, but I posted some skill-suggestions for the sorc in the "Another Skill Idea" Topic. I also had some ideas for Barb or Pala, I'll post them if I can remember. :roll:
Last edited by Les Ernas on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
two hens, three geese

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:18 pm

I will collect all suggested skills in one thread when I start working on the skills. My goal is to keep the most existing skills, but add as many new skills as I need. There are possible to add 29 new skills (If i remember right) to each class and that would be 59 skills/class :)

Les Ernas

Post by Les Ernas » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:36 pm

Do you have the possibility to create locked doors that require a special item if you want to open them?
(for Example: If you want to open the door to the tower, you need the Tower-key)

If this is possible, the (sub)quests could be more complex. :mrgreenlaughing:
two hens, three geese

Return to “Dark Alliance”