New site location, new download links

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

New site location, new download links

Post by jbouley » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:15 am

Guys, you can now find the site here:

http://www.planetdiablo.com/sic/

And you'll find download links there as well, right on that page.

For those who haven't used FilePlanet before, you do NOT need to pay anything to download stuff. There are free public server links farther down the download pages you see when you arrive at FilePlanet from my links.

The links at the top for paying members of GameSpy is just for those who are willing to pay so that they never have to wait in line.

Will upload the rebuild of SiC 2.21B within the next couple of days. There won't be huge changes from the current build...and there won't be too many changes...it's up to you if you want to wait or simply re-download in a few days a new build.

I will announce when that new build has replaced the current download files.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: New site location, new download links

Post by jbouley » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:34 pm

And so patch 1.10 comes out just as I finally get a place to put SiC again...meaning only those with large hard drives who keep a 1.09 copy of D2 around will want to play SiC anymore. :cry:

;)

Just kidding...I'm sure a few people will still be playing it, one way or the other. I will aim to have the rebuild of v2.21B done tomorrow sometime...along with the skill patcher.

And, since I promised I would, SiC:Brutality will come out this week as well for those who are killing monsters too easily and want a challenge.

And then, for real finally, I can begin work on the RotoG mod, now that 1.10 is really here. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:12 am

Chances are pretty good that I won't patch to 1.10 until either RotOG is out or another good 1.10 mod is out. Until then, I'm stickin' to SiC 2.21b (the rebuild + skill upgrader, that is).

A questions about SiC:Brutality: What exactly is so "brutal?" Monsters do lots of damage, move real fast, have lots of HP, or what? I'm just wondering if I'll have a use for my characters that have killed Baal in hell difficulty ever again ;)
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:15 am

Brutal as in higher resists, more resists, more hit points, more damage, more speed, higher-level spells, larger groups, more monster density and/or whatever else I think up that's really mean.

I will vary the changes from one monster to another...few are likely to have all of the above, but most will have at least several.

A few monsters may be absolutely immune to everything but a single elemental type and move faster than little boys at Michael Jackson's NeverLand Ranch. :P
-Jeff Bouley

BJ

Guesses and checks

Post by BJ » Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:29 pm

High level Dragon storms, volcanos, poison novae for the enemy!!! (let's say, lvl 30 :twisted:)

Revamping aura-enchanted monsters that have cast-auras eg. holy freeze, so that they will work once again on these sadly deprived bosses.

Triple diablo clones with high chance of spamming LBOD (unless if everyone's lightning immune and physical resistant by then).

Giving these primevils a surprise, random element of attack?

And, the downright annoying or low:
- Baal's inane laughing invisible monster everywhere outta town.
- I hope you *might* refrain on adding CE to casting monsters... hehehe...
- high level demon frost (>30) on a group of monsters = Single player lag death!
- Pesky low physical resistance cap aka 1.10s. (50%? How could a tank invincible sorcie survive???)
- The Stony Field Drop syndrome or Cow Level Drop. Period.

Return to “Arcanum Archives”