Importing new token Pitfiend plugin: Status: FAILURE!

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

No votes

Total votes: 0

Sardius
Banned
Arch-Angel

Importing new token Pitfiend plugin: Status: FAILURE!

Post by Sardius » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:41 am

Ok, I am trying to figure out what Im doing wrong here with no dice.

1.) I extract the animdata.d2 from d2data.mpq

2.) I use the program animdata_edit to extract the information editable txt. I open it up in excel. I add these lines at the bottom.

!1A1HTH
!1DDHTH
!1DTHTH
!1WLHTH
!1RNHTH
!1NUHTH
!1S1HTH

Along with their numerical value stated in the readme file with the pitfiend zip file... Yes I know the pitfiend doesn't have a run animation, I copied the dcc and cof WL and renamed them to RN to allow the pitfiend to use AI's that have running. The value for the run line is the same as walk. Save the file and close it

*3.) This is where things start getting fishy... I then use the Pack.bat as directed to create a new Animdata.d2 from the new text information as directed... But afterwards, as a test, I try extract again and the text file I get from my newly created animdata.d2 is missing the lines I added for the pitfiend... I don't know if that is right or not...*

4.) As a test, I change Andariel's "Code" collum in monstats.txt from AN to !1 to test out the pitfiends animation.

5.) Using MPQ2k I import my files to these locations in the patch_d2.mpq.

data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1A1HTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1DDHTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1DTHTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1WLHTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1RNHTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1NUHTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\cof\!1S1HTH.cof
data\global\monsters\!1\tr\!1trlita1hth.dcc
data\global\monsters\!1\tr\!1trlitnuhth.dcc
data\global\monsters\!1\tr\!1trlits1hth.dcc
data\global\monsters\!1\tr\!1trlitwlhth.dcc
data\global\monsters\!1\tr\!1trlitrnhth.dcc
data\global\Animdata.d2

6.) I load everything up with the new patch_d2.mpq and the first thing I notice is my character keeps going invisible, he can no longer attack or use any spells or abilities, I can walk and run around but I dissappear and re-appear constantly, while I check in on the new animation for andariel and that works!!! Andariel looks like a pitfiend, however her moves are somewhat unusual.

I have also tried doing this without adding the RN dcc/cof's and leaving the RN line out, as well as adding the dummy files as the read me suggested.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE:

After doing some trouble shooting I have found out that this screw up occurs once I add the animdata.d2 to the patch_d2.mpq
up until then there are no animation problems with my main character... As soon as I do this...

"mpq2k a patch_d2.mpq Animdata.d2 data\global\Animdata.d2"

Is when I get the above stated problem, so is this a problem.
Last edited by Sardius on Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Importing new token Pitfiend plugin: Status: FAILURE!

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:31 am

I extract the animdata.d2 from d2data.mpq
Use the AnimData.D2 from d2exp.mpq. As a rule of thumb, when looking for any file to mod (not just txt and tbl), start with patch_D2.mpq, then look in d2exp.mpq, and last of all look in d2data.mpq. (Sounds, music, speech and videos can be found in the other mpq files, of course, but for them you still start with patch_D2.mpq.)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Sardius
Banned
Arch-Angel

Post by Sardius » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:32 am

Thanks man! Well that fixed my problem, thats all working ok. Except one problem, the animations seem slightly off when I change Andariel's ID from AN to !1
I go to fight her and her walking animation seems very unusual. She also dissappears every now and again as if one animation is not there..
Is the pitfiends animation not compatible with Andariel or do I need to edit a paticular value in monstats1 or 2?... I did leave my RN animation out and Andariel doesn't have RN anyway. I also changed her skills seq from Andariel_Sequence to S1"spell animation" so that doesn't appear to be the problem either.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:12 pm

when she vanishes does it happen near her nova/inferno thing? i have had problems with inferno like sequences affecting other attacks.

other things to check: make sure you update monstats2 with the new information. sorry if this seems vague..im not so hot with ms2 myself but i'll see if i can elaborate:

if you look at andariels line in ms2 under the column 'mS1' we see a blank. this means the game thinks andariel has no S1 animation, so you will see a blank whenever she tries to use it. so if you want to use the s1 from the pit fiend, you will need to tell d2 that andariel does indeed now have an s1 animation (ie put a '1' in this column).

also...even after doing this it might look funny, again due to the sequence/inferno style coding. what might work better is making a new sequence of _exactly_ the same length as the old one. that would be my suggestion. you can make it out of S1 of course.

Sardius
Banned
Arch-Angel

Post by Sardius » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:57 pm

Well any idea what monster line is most compatible with the pitfiend animations.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:15 pm

Sardius";p="153385" wrote:Well any idea what monster line is most compatible with the pitfiend animations.
monsters without sequences are your best bet. you could just try removing the sequence skill...give him poison nova or something instead.

also not that if the animation is lacking an animation you need (s1,etc) you can follow one of the animation tutorials and copy a1 to s1, its very easy and quick - copy/rename dc6 & cof, copy/rename animdata line and recompile.

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:13 am

My Pitfiend will be there breifly, then once it starts to attack it disapears and I get an assertion error. I have gotten varied results through diffrent AI's, so I was wondering which AI to use that has attack animations that match the pit fiend.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:55 am

i know the necropet works 100%, but i haven't tested the non-pet models.

as i mentioned before, there are several things to check, and you can probably make him work with 60+% of the ai's/monsters in the game.

1. you need to learn how to read monstats2.txt (see the fileguide) and make sure that the token you are making or replacing is set what is in the pit fiend plugin
2. IF you need more animations that are not already in the plugin for some reason (S2,whatever) - FIRST read the animation conversion tutorial so you know what you are doing - then copy the lines from the pit fiends A1 or whatever to SC, S1,S2, etc - they will all work. or if you need a RN and there isn't one in there (sorry i forget), copy WL with the same methodology.
3. basically, the animation will probably work for any ai/monster that doesn't use sequences - like andarial (but i'm actually pretty sure that someone got the pit fiend working for andariel a long time ago in an old mod..maybe 107 or older) - it will be tougher to get it working for ones that do.
4. if you are getting assertion errors you probably did something wrong in the cofs or animdata (usually they just blink out if its a missing animation thing) - sorry if this is vague, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. also, you can download a slightly newer version of the pit fiend new token plugin from the efta site in my sig - about all it does is remove the transparency from some of the cofs - but i'm sure it works because it's the version that i'm using.

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:11 am

sorry if this is vague
Not at all, narrows down what to look for. Thanks for the help, I'll be testing this tommorrow.

Just wondering, why not add the monstats and monstats2 txt lines with the plugin?

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:14 am

Xenast";p="154445" wrote:
sorry if this is vague
Not at all, narrows down what to look for. Thanks for the help, I'll be testing this tommorrow.

Just wondering, why not add the monstats and monstats2 txt lines with the plugin?
heh dunno, probably because i'd never seen it done before - this was my first plugin. plus, well...if you know how to work with animations...working with text files is much easier if you get my drift.

also - if monstats lines were provided, you would have to change them anyway (since you name your own creatures) - there are a number of other things that you can change in monstats2.

Kyky1416

Post by Kyky1416 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 am

Salut oameni buni am si eu nevoie sa îmi fac proprii monștri {filtered} ii fac?

Return to “Multimedia”