Skills: Huntress

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

midoru
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader

Re: Skills: Huntress

Post by midoru » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:02 am

Hello!

i am playing a frozen arrow // rain of arrows dex-a-huntress :D at the realm right now. I have to say that the beginning with no decent bows is very hard. Later on due ot the (in my opinion) too good drops that issue is balanced.
I choose the frozen arrow becuase the synergies are quite useful. Not only 1 element (as lit arrow) but a passive and an groupcontrol skill.
After skilled all to the end i choose rain of arrows because i dont like the multishot.... maybe skilling passives is also a good way.
Stats: Dexatress :D

1: Frozen arrow is relatively strong (atm 7k - 9k cold dmg at clvl 89, with full syns) and maybe a bit overpowered i think. Only larger groups of fast monsters can survive against it.

2: AR - issues : Nice balanced because AR is a real issue now.
At first i wanted gift of speed as my main aura but now i only use gift of sight for nearly 6-10% more chance to hit... which is crucial ....cause i HAVE to leech. :)

3: Shadowmaster as a Tank looked ok. Life is enough to hold out in standard situations but she will die in the more dramatic fights, if left alone.

4: Items seem to be too powerful....
Since i am no MF-Labrat my huntress is wearing the best fighting gear that i found (Anwens set : Demonsoul cage armor, etc)(and some highend items are way too strong (Demonsoul Cage for example).

5. Balance is difficult but i think the power of the players must be toned down. Either by increasing monster life, AC and maybe damage.
Or lower the droprate.......and hit some of the overpowered elemtal attacks with the nerfstick.

6. And last : The shadows are great :) Really neat monsters. As they see you they charge in with a real killing frenzy :). Caused death to my fragile huntress many times :) .

Keep up the good work :)

xd-eagle

Post by xd-eagle » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:55 pm

I don't know if this bug is reported or if it's me thats stupid to not realize it.. but theres something wrong with fire bomb giving synergi to lightning shot.. if I take in firebomb there is no +dmg to lightning shot.. could It be a bug:?:

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:53 pm

[quote=midoru";p="169878"]Hello!

i am playing a frozen arrow // rain of arrows dex-a-huntress :D at the realm right now. I have to say that the beginning with no decent bows is very hard. Later on due ot the (in my opinion) too good drops that issue is balanced.
I choose the frozen arrow becuase the synergies are quite useful. Not only 1 element (as lit arrow) but a passive and an groupcontrol skill.
After skilled all to the end i choose rain of arrows because i dont like the multishot.... maybe skilling passives is also a good way.
Stats: Dexatress :D

1: Frozen arrow is relatively strong (atm 7k - 9k cold dmg at clvl 89, with full syns) and maybe a bit overpowered i think. Only larger groups of fast monsters can survive against it.

2: AR - issues : Nice balanced because AR is a real issue now.
At first i wanted gift of speed as my main aura but now i only use gift of sight for nearly 6-10% more chance to hit... which is crucial ....cause i HAVE to leech. :)

3: Shadowmaster as a Tank looked ok. Life is enough to hold out in standard situations but she will die in the more dramatic fights, if left alone.

4: Items seem to be too powerful....
Since i am no MF-Labrat my huntress is wearing the best fighting gear that i found (Anwens set : Demonsoul cage armor, etc)(and some highend items are way too strong (Demonsoul Cage for example).

5. Balance is difficult but i think the power of the players must be toned down. Either by increasing monster life, AC and maybe damage.
Or lower the droprate.......and hit some of the overpowered elemtal attacks with the nerfstick.

6. And last : The shadows are great :) Really neat monsters. As they see you they charge in with a real killing frenzy :). Caused death to my fragile huntress many times :) .

Keep up the good work :)[/quote]

thanks for the input and props man :)
are you playing 1.43 or 1.45? i need to know these things to determine if i've addressed your feedback already or not ;)
some elemental attacks did get nerfed, nothing on the huntress yet
monster stats on the realm got a boost, single player might even be the case that they got lowered a little bit
the bone spirit shadows got nerfed a little bit

i dont think 9k damage is overkill..as long as you have everything maxed, that means you are focused on a single element and will get wacked by cold immunes. monster immunities will get an overhaul soon, when i have time. (they will be boosted to discourage single element builds)

Re: xd-eagle: that sounds like a 1.43 issue, there is no fire bomb in 1.45.
Last edited by mouse on Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midoru
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader

Post by midoru » Tue May 04, 2004 10:35 pm

Hello again..

Was away due to comp issues..

My impressions were gathered in 1.43.

Ciao

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Sat May 08, 2004 1:13 pm

Some question on the Flaming Wrath skill:
The damage is displayed independently from your weapon. Is that intended? That display suggests that the physical damage is not applied, but it is because it leeches.
Do the split arrows leech, too? Do they carry over weapon damage / effects like blinding? Are they triggering %hit effects?

Feedback from some huntress players is appreciated :)

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sat May 08, 2004 6:46 pm

it works EXACTLY like lightning fury.
however that is i don't remember :P

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Sun May 09, 2004 12:57 am

[quote=mouse";p="172252"]it works EXACTLY like lightning fury.
however that is i don't remember :P[/quote]

this would mean:
bow-dam is applied to the intital bolt (which leechs), the split arrows only carry the fire dam & do not leech

which effects are applied too i dont know exactly, but i think none

greetings :)
life´s too short. . .

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Sun May 09, 2004 1:18 am

Well, okay, thanks. These answers are sufficient :)

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:54 pm

[quote=gandalf{xan}";p="172322"][quote=mouse";p="172252"]it which effects are applied too i dont know exactly, but i think none
[/quote][/quote]
just thought about onw thing: in vanilla, all lighning-dam from the equip is aplied to all bolts

maybe this works with fire & wrath of flame too :?:

one "critic": instead of those tiny fire-bolts, a bigger missile would look nice. maybe on part of diablos lighning :cool:

one question: WoF says it receives syn-bonus from archetype, but it doesnt say which :?:

greetings :)
life´s too short. . .

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:49 am

any of the synergies that dont give a description give things other then dmg, such as wrath of flame gets extra bolts from archtype, along with a shorter time delay for laying traps (if u use traps).

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”