Updated Magic Modifier List

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Doombreed-x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Updated Magic Modifier List

Post by Doombreed-x » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:07 am

Whether a modifier is +/- capable is defined 1. in isc.txt and 2. by logic. Obviously booleans can't be negative, as the game is only looking to see if the value is 'on'. Other more complicated effects, like +skills, just won't accept -'s. Things like magic find though, and likely leeches, can be negative as long as your itemstatcost.txt allows those values.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:12 pm

negative life leach does not work in the expansion. In worked in versions 1.06 and lower.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:22 pm

Yep, negative life steal will only negate positive life steal to 0, otherwise it won't have an effect. (since it is a damage type, and negative damage exists, but is not applied! it always rolls to 0, just like hp/mp/stm)

Also a correction, it didn't work prior to 1.07! This was a die hard rumor, but it never worked (I know I once said something else about this - but I think that came from negative life after demon-kill, albeit I'm not sure about that either)

The easiest way to make something that makes you loose life based on the damage you dish out would be an aura that gives enemies ATD. But since you cannot use target and attacker stats in the same calc field, this is not easy to make based on the attackers damage.
Last edited by Nefarius on Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

librarian
Champion of the Light

Post by librarian » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:15 pm

Heiho,

Blind and Freeze Boni are also listed as plain 'chances' in kingpin's MCM listing at the ressources section.
Another nit:
the 'howl' property chance is measured in 1/128. Using an unmodified version of UniqueItems.txt along with Char's TXT2HTML tool showed the Flee chance from, say, Face of Horror as 64%, but it is 50% ingame. Though the min and max parameters are used with 64%. I assume Char coded his nice tool based on that listings.
so long ...
librarian

current status: (re-)tired
vanilla FAQtoids

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:38 pm

Yes there are a bunch of other inaccuracies in the current MCML.
As a note, all the /time modifiers are broken and don't update properly (they keep the same value they had when you start a game for that games time).
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:57 am

Nefarius";p="279131" wrote:Yes there are a bunch of other inaccuracies in the current MCML.
As a note, all the /time modifiers are broken and don't update properly (they keep the same value they had when you start a game for that games time).
/time modifier is probably a client bug only. Havent' checked the actual code to see if it's changed correct on server side.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am

AFAIK it doesn't change on the server either, the code was never adapted to work with 1.10, it worker in 1.07-1.09 though.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Nefarius";p="279200" wrote:AFAIK it doesn't change on the server either, the code was never adapted to work with 1.10, it worker in 1.07-1.09 though.
You have found the actual code?

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:54 pm

Didn't search for the /time handler itself, but I verified this in another way.

1. Made an amulet with +mana per time (max=daytime)

2. Patched a function which is called every frame and handles regenerateable stats (D2Game.6FC80F80).

3. Added a check for maxmana (which gets value of maxmana every frame).

4. Put a conditional breakpoint after the func, EAX != <the initial mana I had ingame, in 256ths of course>

5. Let the game open for a while (until daytime changes, evident from the item display, the stat _should_ change but doesnt), breakpoint only triggers when I force the stat to update (unequip/reequip).

-----

As a side note, the clientside display works fine, its only the server that doesnt work properly.
Last edited by Nefarius on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Drizak
Chile

Post by Drizak » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm

What is the mod "extra-cold"? (found in the Ice rw, T1Code3)

Edit: Oh nvm, it means "x To Cold Skill Damage" :P

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:04 pm

all the links are dead here...where is it MML file exactly???I don't have internet on my rig,so gotta DL the file,can't always take a look here...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 pm

You can download the whole first page at once;). Check your Browser.

Cheers

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 pm

i know that,but the info is in a table,it would not be saved that way,but nevermind i just copy pasted it in a txt file...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:50 am

Well it did worked for me that way. Maybe depends on the browser you use.

Cheers

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 am

I don't have internet on my PC,the table would be empty if i saved it as html and tried to open it on my PC,the only way was to either DL a existing file with those or to copy/paste it in a new txt file,which i did...

I bite down hard

Vortaka

Post by Vortaka » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:52 pm

Hi! I know this is an OLD thing but I'm still tweaking and testing and found a little error... I tested it multiple times (on rings)
Thanks to mouse and Nefarius for the tables, it was easier than testing all the numbers myself...
The following line is wrong however:

Modifiers with static increase per clvl
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ Attack Rating per level att/lvl value --- ---
+ Attack Rating Against Undead per lvl att-und/lvl value --- ---
+ Attack Rating Against Demons per lvl att-dem/lvl value --- ---

att/lvl..... # - - +8ths/lvl to ar

It should be like Modifiers with static increase per clvl(0.5) or att-dem/lvl and att-und/lvl ".5/lvl"

During my tests, I was wondering why it was so slow or so fast... It's not (as Nefarius table) a 1=1 (First few tries). Then I thought, it should work as the others, lvl/8... It didn't either...
So, after seeing mouse table I tested 0.5/lvl and it worked! (I only tested the first few levels but it should be the same for all the others!)

Vortaka

Return to “General Mod Making”