1.08 bug reports

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:49 pm

True and true.

Prize spawner works fine with my sorc and the Soul Hunter is in good shape too in the inventory ;).

Thx for the fast answers.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

FireFool

Re: 1.08 bug reports

Post by FireFool » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:30 pm

I am having one problem with it... And it is not even about being in the game. The problem is that whenever I try to log onto open b.net or get on single player, I get a message saying something along the lines of:

Access Error
c000005

Only thing I can do, is click OK or the red X button, which turns it and DiabloII off. I go to my Diablo II folder, and there is a file called "CrashDump". I delete it. I even empty the recycling bin. I try again. It comes back. I've also tried moving the file to a different location and not emptying my recycling bin. It doesn't work.

Any help?

paladanio

Post by paladanio » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:02 am

Whenever I kill Diablo and talk to Tyrael, I get an error. This happens every time I do it. Single player or TC-IP. Any idea whats wrong?

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:05 am

[quote=paladanio";p="247766"]Whenever I kill Diablo and talk to Tyrael, I get an error. This happens every time I do it. Single player or TC-IP. Any idea whats wrong?[/quote]

The mod doesn't work in 1.11.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:38 pm

Is my buddy supposed to be able to die in town?
Normal is just a stereotype.

erk

Post by erk » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:57 am

The life recover of the Arctic Wonder is too high, often when you encounter a champion or a boss, you can't kill then and have to start a new game. A real pain when it's the Ancient's run.

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:59 pm

[quote=erk";p="250235"]
The life recover of the Arctic Wonder is too high, often when you encounter a champion or a boss, you can't kill then and have to start a new game. A real pain when it's the Ancient's run.
[/quote]

'k. I've cut theirs back.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:09 am

I realize that this isn't a bug, and I don't really mind it happening, but is there a reason why monster clones of Diablo refuse to attack my sorceress? They just run straight past to attack my buddy.

I've noticed that Monster Shrines summon nothing, and they regenerate.

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:13 am

[quote=SillyGreenMonkey";p="251482"]I realize that this isn't a bug, and I don't really mind it happening, but is there a reason why monster clones of Diablo refuse to attack my sorceress? They just run straight past to attack my buddy.

I've noticed that Monster Shrines summon nothing, and they regenerate.[/quote]

Your hireling? Never seen that one. Who's with you?

The Monster Shrines have never "summoned" anything per se. They just take the nearest normal monster and turn it unique. I've noticed that it doesn't appear to have an effect if there aren't any monsters nearby though. And it's supposed to regenerate; I changed that in the mod on purpose in one of the early versions.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:06 pm

My sorceress travels with a barbarian.

I've noticed that the Lizzies never cage me, or target me with their long-range weapons unless they've managed to kill my hireling already. Should my buddy be back a ways in the tunnel and I run ahead a bit, they may run forward because of me but they never stop. It's almost like they can't see me at all.

It's good to know that Monster Shrines transform monsters, I must stop triggering them after clearing areas.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:08 pm

Has the mod been changed to eliminate experience loss upon death?

I died many times yesterday, and my experience didn't go down at all. If I can't reverse my experience gain by dying, how can I possibly close the 90-level gap between my sorceress and my hireling? Also, I left a body every time I died, even though I hadn't put on anything. Is that supposed to happen?

iyuto

Post by iyuto » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:46 am

Everytime I try to begin a game with my barb I get this:

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptItemStats != NULL

Never got that before...

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:23 am

[quote=Acromatic Aria";p="247767"][quote=paladanio";p="247766"]Whenever I kill Diablo and talk to Tyrael, I get an error. This happens every time I do it. Single player or TC-IP. Any idea whats wrong?[/quote]

The mod doesn't work in 1.11.[/quote]
Are you gonna make a version that DOES?
Cause I can't repatch it, it won't let me, and I can't go to act 5, cause I crash..
if ANYBODY has a fix, please.. hurry up..
Last edited by Septar on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:29 am

You can "downgrade", but it takes a little work. Here are the details.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:57 am

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="254971"]You can "downgrade", but it takes a little work. Here are the details.[/quote] :D It works now!
Thank you!

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:10 pm

My sorceress is wearing the Ribbon, a unique amulet which promises immunity to curses, freezing, and poison. At least, that's how I interpreted "poison length reduced 100%". Curses don't stick to me, only Holy Freeze turns me blue, but I still get poisoned and sometimes it lasts for a while.

Am I wrong to assume that "poison length reduced 100%" means that [poison lasts this long]-[poison lasts this long]=never poisoned?

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:15 am

Resists penalties apply to poison duration too. So you start at -40% in nightmare and -100% in hell.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:44 pm

And in addition, poison length reduce and such have a cap too.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Duality

Post by Duality » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:04 am

Couple of bugs, the demon rascal type souls have an aura (familiar or something?) that's supposed to increase your mana regen by 40% or so. Well, it increases it allright, in the wrong direction. My mana bowl drains in a fairly short period of time. And it's definitly the aura, since the drain only occurs when you have it on.

Second, and I suspect that this is a hard coded problem, but when you wear something that grants an aura (such as a burning orb, I had it happen with Holy Fire), select that aura, then take off the item, you still have the aura. My zon was running around with a L9 holy fire aura while using her bow. I haven't tested it with any other items, but I would assume that the same is true with any aura skill that you duplicated and added.
For added weirdness, my sorc never lost her holy fire aura, while my zon's would disapear when she left the game. I think it might have had something to do with dying then leaving, but I'm not sure, since I haven't been able to replicate the permanent aura.

Are throwing stars supposed to be that FAST? For most of normal, my zon used the unique throwing stars, since they were far better then any bows I could find.

The golems summoned from the golem potion/shield things would randomly disapear, even if I didn't take off the item. It happened with all types, I'd tp to town, or run on ahead, and suddenly my golem would be gone. (Speaking of which, then you first get the fire golem potion, the fire golem does 400 damage, which in act 3/4 normal is insane)

The goblin soul on normal is supposed to allow you to summon a goblin, instead it gave me semi-permanent (i.e. it went away when I left the game) summon skeleton.

There were a couple of other things, which I of course forget now, oh well, next post.

EDIT:
The floating blobs with tentacles, earlier, I was watching my merc pound on them, and he was taking no damage, despite the little graphic that shows up when the "attacker takes X damage mod is present) so I shot an orb into the center of a group of 5 or 6 and watched my life drop to almost nothing in a second, do they just retal vs magic? I don't remember my zon taking damage from them either.

Teleport has a 1 second casting delay that I don't remember from the last time I played 1.10, and it's insanely annoying, since I can't tele repeatedly. Tele. Stop. Tele. Stop. Tele. Stop. Gah.

Drop rates. In my three kagero runs, I have, literally, seen 10 or so green summoner robes, 15 or so green mithril gauntlets, 5 green mithril boots and 3 or 4 green mithril belts. Not to mention 3 unique mithril belts and 4 unique mithril gauntlets. This FAR outstrips the drops of any other item types. Is that intentional?

Edit 2:
*sigh* Another two green mithril gauntlets, a uni mith belt and a green summoner robe.
Mystery Chests. I spent ~1 million with my L89 sorceress just now, and I got a Mal, Ohm and Lo. Mind you, I'm not complaining, but since there is absolutely NO way I could get those runes at this point in the game, since I am only in act 1 NM, it seemed somewhat silly. Great, but silly.

Souls have no level reqs. (Well, some do, but usually its only 7 or 15 Na-Krul is one exception, his soul is L100). Admittedly, I've only seen normal souls so far, but being able to use souls from Kagero monsters at L7 is unbalanced.

Edit 3:
The names of the Worlocks in Kagero always appear the gold unique color even if they are just normal ones. (and I have yet to run into a unique pack of them, but I've seen unique packs of everything else down there)

This is more a question, do mystery chests have no level req/check? I ask since I just got an ultimo rune from on at L98

Edit 4:
You getting sick of me yet?
I've noticed this a couple of times while cubing using the set/uni keys. I was trying to get the unique mask that I've seen mentioned. I gambled two masks from gheed on NM with my L98, and cubed them both with unique keys. The first became the face mask of horror, the second became rare. I quit to make sure I wasn't insane, and looked at the unique items listing. (the answer was, I am insane, but there ARE three uni masks). When I loaded the game again, I bought three masks (since there are three uni masks) and cubed them. I got all three uniques this time. Same thing happened with the Katana's. I bought 3, cubed them all, got two uniques (missing Muramasa) and one rare, bought two more and tried again, got two more rare katana's.
With amulets I bought 10 uni keys, and 10 amulets from gheed. 4 or so turned unique, the others didn't. Even though, at my level, I should be able to make the entire imperial set as well as the Pharaonic set. But after a while I just started getting rares.
Am I missing something or is this weird behavior?

Edit 5:
This is turning into a novel.
Great mod by the way, the more I play the more I like it.
I just realized, after about 2 hours of staring at the gambling screen, that neither necromancer wands nor sorc staves EVER show up. Everything else does (at least as far as I can tell). All class specific items, all of the new items. Just no wands or staves. (I just realized I should have checked this is normal, but I assume that norm/nm gambling screens use the same item class files)

I have yet to see a magnum or a gattling (sp?) gun, is it that I'm not a high enough level? (L98)

Also, Gheed doesn't sell mystery boxes in NM, just normal.
Last edited by Duality on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:23 am, edited 10 times in total.

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:13 pm

in kageros dungeon, lizzie.
this is a special, where he has the stats of multiple shots, this lags the HELL out of me!
It lagged me so bad, that I had to leave, that {filtered} me off.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:15 pm

I quit the game the first time I found one of those, but the second time I'd just barely gotten to level 5. I was able to lure away the boss, and kill him quickly while his minions were on the other side of a wall.

Duality

Post by Duality » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:14 am

The Frozen Schorch's breath attack freezes you even if you are wearing CBF gear. I was frozen while wearing both hawkmail and banshee's prescence, but a nearby CE couldn't freeze me.
Frozen Creepers on the other hand, can't freeze me.

Automatic Fire will NOT work while you are decrepified. Not at all. Not even one shot. You ever tried to kill Lilith and her annoying minions with a straight bow attack (and a weak one at that)? It's torturous. The firing animation triggers, and you can see the arrows flying, but none hit.
I had both crushing blow and lightning/cold on my attack, so it's easy to tell if anythings hitting, and not once did a single attack connect while I was decrepified. (well, until I started using normal attacks or strafe)
Last edited by Duality on Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:40 pm

I have been wearing the Ribbon, which gives me 100% curse reduction. I also wear a Baal soul which provides another 70% reduction.

Not only do curses not appear over my head, but shrines which put something up there don't either. Stamina shrines do not put winged shoes over my head or turn my stamina bar blue, experience shrines do not increase experience.

I didn't realize shrines were the same as curses.

Septar
Paladin

Post by Septar » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Well, if you notice, if you have a shrine, and are in cs. once you get cursed, the shrine dissappears.

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:18 am

So, I wonder... if you're cursed, and you click on a shrine, does it replace the curse?

Return to “Nezeramontias”