TXTtoHTML v1.02 - document your mod

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

No votes

Total votes: 0

Char
Retired staff
Principality

TXTtoHTML v1.02 - document your mod

Post by Char » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:14 pm

Version 1.02 of the tool has been released.

Bug fixes:
- fixed several crashes that could appear if there were multiple lines with the same code in a file
- fixed a crash that would appear if reanimate was used with wrong or non-existant monster type
- improved the loading and internal handling of several files, which should reduce crashes
- dismissed lines if there was a major loading problem, which then could lead to crashes in further program execution

Improvements:
- ability to show graphics for unique and set items (can be disabled in .ini file)
- better warnings / information if something went wrong while loading, also states that line was not loaded if there was a major problem
- log file is now written out for the error log
- made it possible to add a ordering field to uniqueitems.txt, runes.txt, setitems.txt, sets.txt, gems.txt to allow explicit statement of ordering within file. Usage: add a field called "*TXTtoHTML_ordering" to your file and enter ascending numbers
- localization in german and spanish (not finished yet)

The tool is able to take the standard diablo2 .txt files and create a HTML representation of the unique, set and runeword items contained within them. If this sounds completely weird to you, you might want to take a look at the results:

Diablo2: Lord of Destruction - Unique Items (v1.02)
Diablo2: Lord of Destruction - Set Items (v1.02)
Diablo2: Lord of Destruction - Runewords (v1.02)

d2:elements - Unique Items
d2:elements - Set Items
d2:elements - Runewords

If you use this tool, you do not necessarily have to adapt the design I have chosen. There is a .css style sheet file which you can use to make the generated HTML code fit better into your site. Furthermore, there is an option to not display the rune and gem graphics.
You can also choose a reference .htm site to let my tool put the data into the site of your choice. There is a ref.htm file in the package, but it simply is a copy of my own website design.

The tool warns on several things, and helps to check your .txt files for errors, might help ;). I guess for the files handled, it warns better than the TXTanalyser tool does, although it was never meant to compete with that tool.

If you have any comments or bug reports, feel free to post them ;).

If anyone is interested in the source code, you can of course have it. However, the tool was written in EIFFEL (and its not very good code actually), which probably very few of you are familiar with.

Finally, the download link (v1.02).

EDIT:
Made an error with the upload. It has been corrected now.
Last edited by Char on Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:21 pm

Many have waited for such a tool, and it surely will save all of us allot of time.

Nice work Char :thumb:

XiaN

Post by XiaN » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:00 am

A great work indeed ... *trowing 50% of own projects allready done work away* I had a tool like yours in development but not with that amazing debug-function.

But i realized some things/errors :

1.) There is no "Clean Log"-Button and no real break when you scan the txt's again -> very annoying ( And please don't use these unnessassary emty Lines in the LogWindow

2.) The Itemclasses are not shown ( in Runewords )

3.) What the hell are you programming in :D EIFFEL ^^

But a great work :)

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Re: New tool: TXTtoHTML

Post by TrueMage » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:13 am

And this comes now, when I need to make new site... Thank You very much, Char! :) Great work! :!:

P.S. Hmm, I cannot even to load txt files. :oops: Whe tool tries to load runes.txt (despite my file or standard in package), it crashes with this log:

Code: Select all

htmlmaker: system execution failed.
Following is the set of recorded exceptions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class / Object      Routine                Nature of exception           Effect
ROOT_CLASS          root's creation        Segmentation violation:      
<000000000101D418>                         Operating system signal.      Exit
ROOT_CLASS          root's creation                                     
<000000000101D418>                         Routine failure.              Exit
ROOT_CLASS          root's creation                                     
<000000000101D418>                         Routine failure.              Exit
Any hints? My OS is WinMe. :)
Last edited by TrueMage on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:46 am

Outstanding :) O-H
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Anson
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Anson » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:57 am

Yap, there is actually a great use for this tool. Char is the man of the month !

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:22 am

ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:47 pm

Thank you all ;).

Truemage: Very weird. If it does not work for the .txt files included in the package, this is of course a strange thing. And it does load all files up to runes.txt?

I will look if there is some error somewhere when I get the time to do so.

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Post by Paul Siramy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:46 pm

Let me guess : winMe doesn't have a DLL that your EIFFEL program use to find by default on newer OS.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 pm

i have no idea which dlls are needed for that tool :/.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:29 am

Oh, Char, nevermind about this problem. :) I managed it to work after system rebooting. 8-O :) So now it works for me with files from package. Amazing, Char. :twisted: Still have a problem, but I think it is problem in my files. For some strange reason it can't to load my itemstatcost.txt and crashes... I need to check this file. :)

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:48 am

hmm. yes, i know, the crash handling right now is not very good, and it happens to sometimes crash on files if there are errors in them (though it should just give errors then and stop loading or something like that). i should definitely improve that behaviour. however, i am not at all familiar with exception handling :(.

XiaN

Post by XiaN » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:08 pm

Hmmm ... after checking it for two day's now the problem with the not shown itypes from runes.txt stays.

Is this a Error with the Ref.html or with the program itself ?

Would be nice if you could look at this once more.
Last edited by XiaN on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:30 pm

hmmm. two questions.

a) are you sure you have the correct entries in itemtypes.txt?
b) can you show me the .html file generated?

for sure, it is not the ref.htm file. i can have a look at this again this evening, but i first need to know what exactly went wrong.

XiaN

Post by XiaN » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:37 pm

Here the results and i'm sure that the itemtypes.txt is correct.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:03 pm

hmmm. did you modify anything in the HTML code? cause there are things in there which my tool probably did not create. like:

<td style="width: 100px;">

however, at the point where it should display the item type, it just has three newline tags, which is definitely not what you wanted. there are several reasons that could produce this:

a) the entries in runes.txt are missing
b) the entries in itemtypes.txt are missing
c) the entries in the .tbl files are missing
d) for some reason, i had something similar when not adding the extra fields to itemtypes.txt, did you add them?
e) my tool has some unknown error

if the problem persists, the only option would probably be that you send me your .txt files.

btw, it would be nice if you at least left some kind of credits when using the tool.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:51 pm

Nice Char!! I've encountered a possible error :

{EDIT}
1) OK , I've tracked down the actual Unique Claw that is causing the program to crash. By removing this one Claw , the program will parse the entire list with no problems and create the HTML listings for all Uniques , but for the life of me I can't figure out why its crashing with this weapon because it works fine and everything.

Actual Message from error Log :

htmlmaker: system execution failed.
Following is the set of recorded exceptions:

Class / Object Routine Nature of exception Effect
ROOT_CLASS root's creation Segmentation violation:
<0000000000D2ABBC> Operating system signal. Exit
ROOT_CLASS root's creation
<0000000000D2ABBC> Routine failure. Exit
ROOT_CLASS root's creation
<0000000000D2ABBC> Routine failure. Exit

2) Also , is it possible to set up the Uniques to be displayed in the actual order as seen in UniqueItems.txt instead of by Level Requirements? I've set up all the Uniques by type and grade (Ie : all the swords are grouped togeather with short swords at the top followed by Scimitar , Sabre , Falshions , exc) and the listings would look better this way.

Other then these two (now VERY minor) things , Very Nice Work :) .
Last edited by talonrage on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:38 am

Well, I corrected my itemstatcost.txt (set all SendBits at least equal to SaveBits) and after this action this file was loaded into TXTtoHTML! Hurrah! :) But now program crashes with my properties.txt and I'm pretty sure that this file is correct (it is very easy file). :) So now I'm stucked. Unfortunately I cannot to say what causes program crash... I know that when I launch program with standard properties.txt, program works perfectly, but on other hand, when I use my properties.txt, in process I can see program reports that this file successfully loaded and further program crashes somewhere on sets.txt... Any hint where I can to dig? :)

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:22 pm

i am really sorry for the inconveniences these crashes cause. BTW, it does not help very much to post the error log, since the error log created by eiffel is very poor. it basically always looks the same.
what i perhaps could do is give a debug version that gives better error logs.

however, there are several issues a version 1.02 of this tool will adress, however i am not quite sure when i will be able to release that version (i got to give a talk next week, and there is some other things i really should do).

i edited the first post to include ideas i have for version 1.02 (any other things i should include?)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 am

Cube recipes, of course! Also base items stats. (It looks like the sample webpages are for your overall mod, and therefore extend far beyond the declared abilities of the tool.)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:10 pm

the sample webpages just use the overall design of my mod webpage. of course, you can replace this by any other design you want :).

base items would be quite simple. for cube recipes, i could of course state inputs and outputs, but there are many other things to think about :/. maybe sometime i will adress that, but not now.

shadow15

Post by shadow15 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:21 pm

i also think cube recipes would be a great idea, and processing of base items too. btw, i'm not sure if this is already implemented, but if it's not, it would be useful if the tool could insert new item images, instead of using only vanilla images, cause i have new gems, and where the image should be, there's just a red X. btw, I also have trouble with itemtypes.txt, but i think i've found the reason. i can load all my txt's without problem, but when i try to process the uniques, it says that X item in uniqueitems has no reference in itemtypes.txt, and then, shuts off, so I checked my files, first itemtypes, nothing, then uniqueitems, and realized that the rows which marked an error in the tool were empty, I mean name and other columns were filled, but columns such as lvl, lvl req, and code were empty. example of these lines would be: gore ripper(line 298), zakarum's salvation(line 306), Odium(line 308), etc. i think these lines are blizzard's, but were never finished, and these are the ones that are crashing the tool. if i'm completely worng please correct me :mrgreen:

edit - my mod is in spanish, and my tbl's ha special symbols such as ñ to make the game show the Ñ in the item properties, but the program doesn't seem to recognize this, and appears exactly as in the file, so i was thinking if it could be added something to recognize these symbols, and also, fo the names of the runewords and such, instead of using the names in the txt files, it would be great if it could use the names in the tbl's, that way, it would display everything in spanish. sorry if it's a little too long :oops:

here I include the mos common symbols:

ñ= ñ alt+0195 + alt+0177
á= á alt+0195 + ¡
é= é alt+0195 + alt+0169
í= Ã- alt+0195 + -
ó= ó alt+0195 + alt+0179
Last edited by shadow15 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:25 pm

[quote=shadow15";p="256793"]btw, i'm not sure if this is already implemented, but if it's not, it would be useful if the tool could insert new item images, instead of using only vanilla images, cause i have new gems, and where the image should be, there's just a red X.[/quote]
This can be solved. The tool puts a link to the shared/items/gems subfolder, where you should place any additional graphics for gems you have. It will use the name from "invfile" in misc.txt (for gems). This means, if you have added a new rune called "Ka Rune", and your invfile entry is "invrka", then you need to place a file called "invrka.jpg" into the shared/items/gems folder.
In the next version, there also will be an option to show the item graphics, which then need to be in the subfolder shared/items/baseitems.

[quote=shadow15";p="256793"]i can load all my txt's without problem, but when i try to process the uniques, it says that X item in uniqueitems has no reference in itemtypes.txt, and then, shuts off, so I checked my files, first itemtypes, nothing, then uniqueitems, and realized that the rows which marked an error in the tool were empty, I mean name and other columns were filled, but columns such as lvl, lvl req, and code were empty. example of these lines would be: gore ripper(line 298), zakarum's salvation(line 306), Odium(line 308), etc. i think these lines are blizzard's, but were never finished, and these are the ones that are crashing the tool.[/quote]
I checked my file, and I do find these uniques. However, it does not make the tool crash for me, as they are not enabled (and should thus not be read). I will have a look at that.

[quote=shadow15";p="256793"]my mod is in spanish, and my tbl's ha special symbols such as ñ to make the game show the Ñ in the item properties, but the program doesn't seem to recognize this, and appears exactly as in the file, so i was thinking if it could be added something to recognize these symbols, and also, fo the names of the runewords and such, instead of using the names in the txt files, it would be great if it could use the names in the tbl's, that way, it would display everything in spanish. sorry if it's a little too long :oops:

here I include the mos common symbols:

ñ= ñ alt+0195 + alt+0177
á= á alt+0195 + ¡
é= é alt+0195 + alt+0169
í= Ã- alt+0195 + -
ó= ó alt+0195 + alt+0179[/quote]

Nice. I have just localized the tool in german, with all the umlauts :). However, this all does not help me very much unless you also tell me the HTML codes for the symbols. And if, I would like to get them all at once, not only the most common ones. In that case, I can do a localization for spanish ;).
However, there are some more things I would need to have, which are the translations for special strings that are not in the .tbl files, but are for various reasons needed. They are:

"Full Set Bonus:"
"With Complete Set:"
"per" (like in "+(1 per level) to strength (based on character level)")
"to random skill between"
"and" (like in "+(1-3) to random skill between Fire Bolt and Nova")
Last edited by Char on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow15

Post by shadow15 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:26 pm

ok, you just tell me what u need and i'll send it to ur mail, right now i'm making the file with the symbols, it's value in the tbl's and the html code. Anything else u need just PM me.

liquidledz

Post by liquidledz » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:24 am

Hey Char. the other day i somehow found alink to your website with the txttohtml site. But now i can't seem to find it. can you give me a link maybe? :D

Return to “Tools”