Original Legacy of the Horadrim Thread

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

Jounk33

Re: Legacy of the Horadrim

Post by Jounk33 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:32 pm

[quote=Quatl";p="288696"]To make sure I understand. If you just install and play, you see the names, but if you rename the ENG folder there are no names? This is how it "should" work now.
[/quote]
yes

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:19 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288778"]
yes[/quote]
That's good to know, thank you for confirming that for me.

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 pm

I don't know if is a LotH bug.
When I try to cube Khalims Will than the game become stoned.

Trouble Massage: "Violation(c0000005)"
I try it some times but always the same. The game become frozen.
I can't play on, without building Khalims will.
Last edited by Jounk33 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meimo

Post by meimo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:50 pm

hi necrolis and quatl,
I'm sorry but that is no longer possible, because shortly after my post I got so angry of two and a half day wasted that I uninstalled everything.
right now me and my wife are playing the latest eastern sun which works perfectly.
sorry but I'll be back for sure later
thx a lot for your help

meimo

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:12 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288798"]I don't know if is a LotH bug.
When I try to cube Khalims Will than the game become stoned.

Trouble Massage: "Violation(c0000005)"
I try it some times but always the same. The game become frozen.
I can't play on, without building Khalims will.[/quote]

That's not good, I'll check on it.
[EDIT: I sent you a PM about the problem. I'll check in later.]
-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:46 pm

I've had some progress on the Khalim's flail crash. This effects all 3 quest recipies (Khalim's, Horadric Staff, and Cow Portal.)

I'll have a new version by tomorrow that fixes this crash. Unfortuneatly this will dissable the per skill level 20 caps. This cap may return in later versions if I can work it out.

I seem to have done something that makes one of the plugins unhappy. I want to make sure that it's a bug in the plugin and not a sign that something more serious is wrong with the mod, that the plugin is bringing to light.
-Quatl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=00ff00][EDIT: Beta 1.4F is availible, this is primarily an emergency bug fix release, for the cube related Quest crashes.][/color]
Last edited by Quatl on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:37 am, edited 8 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:26 pm

An other question.
Isen't it possible to play LotH with 1.11 ?

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:22 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="288986"]An other question.
Isen't it possible to play LotH with 1.11 ?[/quote]

I've never tried. 1.11x didn't offer anything complelling from my (modding) point of view, and has more bugs. So I never looked at it much. They are very similar in structure to 1.10 so LotH may work. Feel free to give it a try.

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:02 am

If LotH uses d2mod plugins, you have to use D2 v1.10.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:00 pm

Thanks for your mail and 1.4F Quatl,
Now it works. :D

If there is any way to downgrad the patch to 1.10 back, when 1.11 is patched ?
Sometimes I want to use normal D2 and BNet and so automaticly the patch is upgrading to 1.11.
And two D2 installations are not possible.
Since my new D2 installation (before 2 weeks) I can't go to BNet, because of autopatch 1.11.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:52 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="289079"]Thanks for your mail and 1.4F Quatl,
Now it works. :D

If there is any way to downgrad the patch to 1.10 back, when 1.11 is patched ?
Sometimes I want to use normal D2 and BNet and so automaticly the patch is upgrading to 1.11.
And two D2 installations are not possible.
Since my new D2 installation (before 2 weeks) I can't go to BNet, because of autopatch 1.11.[/quote]

There are some mod managers and launchers on the file center (there is one in german too.) I've never tried any of them so I can't say how well they work. But they are designed to solve this problem. You can get clean install files from every version of D2 here

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:12 pm

Okay, this tool works fine.

With 1.4F I can't insert any Skillscroll in the tome anyway.
And you report that the per skillsystem is break in this version.
Is there any other way to insert new skills, or is this version just to fix the khrims will problem ?

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:28 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="289121"]Okay, this tool works fine.

With 1.4F I can't insert any Skillscroll in the tome anyway.
And you report that the per skillsystem is break in this version.
Is there any other way to insert new skills, or is this version just to fix the khrims will problem ?[/quote]

Arg! :) I did something very silly ... I forgot to hit save... Anyhow I will release a functional version shortly.

It will also include the forst pass at Quintessense cost changes. The procedure for enchanting has been simplified as well. You now use the Spectral Elixer directly with the item to enchant. It's no longer nessasary to "prepare" it.

Sorry for my silly error.
[EDIT: Version 1.4G Is now availible. Check the first page for details.]

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jounk33

Post by Jounk33 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:23 pm

Doppel Swing isen't work for the barabarian now.

It's good that the QE now is degreesed.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:27 pm

[quote=Jounk33";p="289142"]Doppel Swing isen't work for the barabarian now.
It's good that the QE now is degreesed.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on Double Swing, I'll look into it. If the Barb does an attack when you try to use it it may infact work, just not look like it should. I'll try to find animations that work well for both double weapon users.

-Quatl

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:57 am

Hey I am going to start a passive thrower... I will use almost all passive skills except for valkyrie and decoy... here is what I plan on having as skills...

Throw Mastery 20
Valkyrie 20
Decoy 20
Avoid,Evade,Dodge 1
Critical Strike 1
Pierce 5ish
Penetrate 20

I will have to beef up AR like crazy and IAS, ICB, FHR, etc... ED will also be a huge factor in this build.

My stats
STR Enough for Equip
DEX Enough for Equip
VIT Everything Else
ENR Base

The only down side to this build will be the lack of resistance and versatility but i hope I can solo hell!
"Do You Serve a Purpose, or Purposely Serve?"
Working on Secret Project!
I am always willing to beta test for anyone just PM me.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:50 pm

I was wondering when folks ould start posting thier character designs :)

Your thrower idea sounds fun, you might concider less Decoy and adding some other things in for verstility instead.

Passive builds in general are interesting to me. I was thinking the other day about trying a pure passive warrior, but I don't really have time to play and mod at the same time :)

-------------In other news-----------
I spent alot of time this weekend cleaning out the mods files of trash created by experementing. This is in preperation for the psuedo-final vanilla version of LotH.

I'm still testing abit, but I'll be releasing a version soon with no new features, but just to check stability. Alot of stuff was removed that shouldn't cause problems but may, especialy if I "slipped" somewhere. Which I do alot it seems :oops: :)

Alot of unused string refs, non-functional item props, and non-functional cube stuff were removed/dissabled.

I also removed all +skilltab and +class-skill-group modifiers (as they do nothing), from prefixes, affixes, automagic, unique items, and set items.

I'm basicaly trying to ready the mod for translation at this point.

There are still a few more things to clean up as far as mechanics go before finalizeing the vanilla release. After that it wil be a while before the mod stableizes again.
---------
I have done alot of research and thinking in the last few weeks and I have a pretty good handle on the basic design philosophy for what LotH will evolve into.

The preliminary dev-plan includes about 60 weapon related skills, 80-100 spell like and summon skills, and a very different mastery/synergy structure. Skills are more inter-related, more "general" in flavor, and include trade-offs, especialy when they have non-numeric advantages (area effects, auras, curselike effects.) They are designed to enchorage the use of more than one primary skill, for difereing situations. The skill system will be mostly flat (level reqs), and likely extended in level range.

There will be no uber skills. Power will come from interrelateing skills and strategies.

Re working of item types; weapon classes will have reasons to exist and suport differing styles of play. There will (hopefuly) be no useless choices of weapon and armor types. Rather each weapon type will have it's own distinctive advantages and dissadvantages. Some of these diferences involve how the "combat" skills interact with weapon types. I'm even thinking about why and how some characters might use a back-up weapon for certain situations.

Attributes and character level will have a greater impact on how a character plays. Many basic quantities (like spell and weapon effectiveness) will factor stats and level more heavily.

Monsters will change quite a bit. They will be more varied per area. The monster's will have tacticaly varied strengths and weaknesses. Monsters will be easier or harder based on your mix of skills/spells/tactics. Meaning that you will "have trouble with" or "have an easy time" with diferent monsters depending on your character. There wil be no "perfect" builds, but many, many very effective ones. Monster "balance" will not be extreemly hard, but it should be possible to die if you are incautious or un-thinking.

Equipment and treasure will be altered acordingly as well. There will be conflicts inherent to the crafting system. Your choices will make a difference. General treasure and found magic items will be changed around quite alot as well. Sets and Uniques will serve in a diffrent role than they do in vanilla. Gold will be an important recource at all levels of play. Gaining treasure in general will be more important than hunting specific drops.

All of these plans are interrelated, which should improove the quality of the experience. There will be nothing in LotH that is there just because "it's cool." Which should really make the mod as a whole much more fun to play, I hope :) This also meens that interum versions will not be much fun to play most likely. The overall balance will be pre-determined, but it won't "come together" untill most of the elements have been implemented.

I do plan to still release interum versions along the way, but the "vanilla" version will remain availible for those who don't like my vision. I'm making LotH the way I want to play, and I realize that not everyone will enjoy what I like. I hope at least some of you will enjoy the result :)

I also need something hard to do or I lose motivation:) I'm a masichist I guess. Of course plans like this are often started and never completed. It may be that I lose interest and drop it eventualy, but I can't work on simple things for too long. Stangely the ambitious things I start tend to be completeded more often than the simple things :)

I'll post details of various elements as they firm up.
-Quatl

[color=00ff00][EDIT: Preview release of Beta 1.5 is availible on the first page][/color]
Last edited by Quatl on Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:43 pm

My stats
STR Enough for Equip
DEX Enough for Equip
VIT Everything Else
ENR Base
Actually I just caught my mistake...

DEX Everything Else
VIT Around 100-150ish

Thats why I need decoy because without the dex i would have a horrible block chance and horrible defense and AR which is very critical

Plus decoy gives a very nice synergy to Valkyrie

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:20 pm

[quote=IndianaMaggot";p="289353"]
Plus decoy gives a very nice synergy to Valkyrie[/quote]

As you prefer :) creativity is part of the fun.

Other possible variations that might be fun:
Howl / grim ward / terror (one or more of)
Iron golem / Bear / Wolves (one of, instead of valkiery)
frost nova (emergency crowd control)
slow missiles
Iron Skin / Natural Resistance

I'm not certain that synergies are working btw, I havn't had time to test them in detail.

--Quatl

IndianaMaggot
Paladin

Post by IndianaMaggot » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:08 pm

I was planning on crafting some battle commands and battle orders onto some rings that way you and your mercs get a huge life mana and stanima bonus...

Decoys actually have a much higher survival rate because they have a lot more life... they may not attack but my valkyrie and i should be able to destroy anything before it destroys the decoy... and if i can get valkyrie up to lvl 27 she gets a rare tiara for her equipment which makes here much more powerful

With elements you can always get an Act 3 Merc and equip them with a conviction aura and some elemental pierceing equipment

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:42 pm

:) I see you've put alot of thought into the build.

----------In other news-----------
There is a problem with dodge,avoid,and evade.
This only seems to affect the paladin:
When dogde/E/A activates, while weidling a 2 handed weapon, the paladin becomes invisible, and indestructible. Which would be funny except that you also are imobilized unrecoverably. I've fixed it for the next version.

(for the curious, it's because the pally's smite animation. Implying that everyone else may have problems with smite as well... I'll look into it.)

[EDIT]----------------------
1.5a should be ready in a few days
Per skill caps will return
Some bugs squashed
Some additional house cleaning
A super-secret nifty useless feature ;) (not really secret you'll notice it)

Let me know if anyone is haveing problems with 1.5.

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:34 pm

[color=00ff00]Version 1.5A Is Now Availible[/color]
Some characters will be broken by this release

There are a lot of changes, includeing a rewriten readme file.
Please notify me of any problems, you encounter.

This version os "feature complete" for the vanilla version of LotH. I won't be adding more features, or making any further attempts to "balance" the vanilla version. I have split the development in two, to suport bug fixes to this version however.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've already begun work on the more extensive changes for future versions. Things are looking good so far.

-Quatl
Last edited by Quatl on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 am

*This topic has been moved from Non-Hosted Mods to Legacy of the Horadrim*

Welcome to your new forum!

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Original Legacy of the Horadrim Thread

Post by Quatl » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 am

Legacy of the Horadrim now has it's own forum. If you found your way into this thread indirectly you can find the new forum here in The Non-Hosted Mods Section

I'm locking this thread for posterity ;)

-Quatl

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”