Kickassin need help

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

MegaTherion

Kickassin need help

Post by MegaTherion » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Saying hello to Raptor and LittleFroggy cos I didn´t see anyone else on this forum.

Don´t expect a reply in a minute, but I´ll be glad for any suggestions.

I play AR Kickassin now, cos my first Natalya´s Phoenix Striker was a horror. At lvl 72 in Act I of Hell, I have problems even with a bigger group of Fallens. Normal and Nightmare was so easy! Without troubles... 72 levels within 4 days.

Skills I´m going to max:
Dragon Talon
Dragon Tail
Shadow Master
Venom

rest: Weapon Block
1 Mind Blast
1 Dragon Flight

No other spells playing just these

Gear
Dual Bartuc (2 free sockets)
Dual Raven Frost
IK gauntlets, belt and boots
Delirium Death Mask
Crafted Natalya´s set Armor (+3 skills, +14 mana and life leech, +30 - 50 resist, 40 life, def ~1100, free socket)
Full inventory of Ral+Ort+Thul Charms
2 increase max life 25% charms

I have about 40 stats and 15 skills unallocated, but with 1400 life and ~2000 def I´m very easy to kill. Any suggestions? Please not send me link to guides, I read many... I´ll accept both AR and Vanilla advices, cos the builds should be similar.

Thank you
MegaTherion

Admins: Excuse my frequent posting...
Drink the Wine of Aluqah and breathe the secret smoke of God.

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Re: Kickassin need help

Post by the_bogan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:37 am

Hi MegaTherion, I'm an AR player from way back, but haven't played it for a couple of years now. Although I do still check this forum quite often.

Your build seems lacking somehow, maybe in the lack of variety. It may be quite powerful, but I dunno. ;)

It did get me to start up a kickassin, however, I'm going to try a slightly different route. I'm still going to have Dragon Talon as my main finisher, with maybe Dragon Flight as an alternative (for the teleport to get in and out of mobs), but rather than venom, I thought I'd try using Fists of Fire & Claws of Thunder for my main attacks. I'll let you know how I get on, or how far I get. (Hardcore is the way to go with AR)

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:36 pm

I´ve spent all stats to vitality, so I reached about 1800 life. Still many skills left, I´m thinking about Death Sentry... I hired Act II merc and equipped him another Delirium. With War Traveler Mirrored Boots (Upgraded) I finished Act I (Again, I had to avoid Bone Ash)...

Now it seems to be ok, but the biggest challenge is still waiting for me... (Spider Cavern, Travincal, Durance II, whole Act IV, Ancients...) I´m afraid that I´ll be unable to make this.

Also I think that I have the best gear I can have at Act II Hell. (The run for Annihilus took me much time at cost of many deaths).

And as I was boring, I upgraded Bartuc´s to Runic Talons :)

Let me also ask one question - Who lies? Battle.net, or AR guide? I mean that I can find Ladder only items in AR. Griffon´s Eye, Metalgrid... http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/ ... ings.shtml
and +2 to skills Bul-katho´s.

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:11 am

Hi MegaTherion,

Last week I started my first ever assassin - trapper with lightning. I have played all other characters since DII/LOD was released, so I have a lot to learn with this one. I also have hired a merc - polearm guy - very handy to have. Looking at your post, you are way ahead of what I know - I really never got involved with runes, so that's something else I need to get into. Crafting ??

Back to school for me. Good luck with your build.

Cheers,

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:06 am

raptor01";p="289578" wrote:Crafting ??
I can say that I´ll be lost without recipes... This makes AR The AR for me. I like these that you can transmute whole sets into an armor with bonus of the set, the possibility to create Zod, socketing of items and the charms... Also Ladder-only recipes works here. (Exceptionel to Elite unique item and others) And the craziest recipe I´ve ever seen: 5 Zod => Horadric cube; H. Cube + Book of Skill ..........
Damecles";p="277956" wrote:Cube Recipes
This guy should be given the Nobel Price for this :) I randomly tried just one recipe that is not written there. ( 3 Rainbow Facets => P. Skull ) :D

But back to my topic, another question came into my mind:
How to get some defense? 2K for a melee char isn´t good... Can I reach a higher def in any other way then casting Cloak of Shadows twice in a minute???

Thanx
MegaTherion

Edited: 25.10. 06: No suggestions? As I don´t have so much time,
I´m still trying to finish Hell difficulty. Please replay, it has been long time
since I´ve started my char...

Thank you again
M.
Last edited by MegaTherion on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:16 am

Hi,

Looking at my characters, I average about 1800-2000 in my defense. That's for both myself and my merc. I craft some of those charms with @ 400 points damage to really hit them hard and kill them fast.

PS: The scroll from Malah, don't read it, just cube it with a perfect skull, if I remember correctly, you get large charms with 25 against all fire, poison, etc., plus usually some other good things. You keep going back to her and she keeps giving you more scrolls - once you read one it ends.

Cheers,

Raptor

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:05 am

Hello, I´ve solved some problems, but the Assassin still seems to be a weak char for me...

Defense: I´m not sure, how it exactly works, but when you hire Act II defensive mercenary, and when he succesfully hits a monster, he gets Defiance Aura (Is it that?), so your def rapidly increse. I´ve got nearly 8k now, and the only problem is to keep that guy alive :!:

Since I haven´t had so much time to play, I´m at the City of the Damned waypoint, preparing to the hardest deal... but I discovered the way to get the best gear :D

Question

What boots are the best for Kickssin?

NM ancients drops IK boots.
Set Item + hb-Tail Rare of same type => makes rare war boots for you
Any rar + hb-Quill + elixer + herb + Ptopaz Unique item of input type => and beacause the only unique war boots is Gore Rider, you have it.
1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor Elite Version of Armor => What could be better for Kickssin then

Gore Rider Myrmidon Greaves :)

PS.: Hope that I´ll finish Hell difficulty as soon as possible... but even with gear like this, it´s f*****g hard...

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:56 am

Hi MegaTherion.

I was looking at your first post. How do you get all that stuff. I'm lucky to get enough Tal runes to make one Ral/Ort/Thul rune. It takes forever to get runes. There are some places where you can get some, but doing the same place over and over for one rune gets boring after a while.

Once I get to nightmare and kill Griswold, I keep going back there till he drops his armor - 3 sockets and high defense, that's what I use normally throughout the rest of the game. Same for my merc.

You can also get some good stuff when you go in the icy cellar. There's a special enemy there who drops very nice gold equipment for specific characters. The bow for the amazon is out of this world. But, that only works if you use the AR-SE mod.

I have never seen an elixer and/or herb. Like I said before, you play way above my level.

Good Luck,

Raptor

PS: I'll keep checking here every 2-3 weeks or so.

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi,

...to get good items is not so hard in AR... You have to know who drops what, and what chance you have to get that items. You get the Ral, Ort, Tal (Thul) runes as a quest reward, you you have 3 of each kind. I know from my own exp, that in each difficulty, you can find one more of each. So in act IV of Hell, you have 6 Ral, 6 Ort, 6 Tal and some Thul. That´s possible.

Herbs and Elixirs you find in Drifter Cavern. Herbs only in Hell, so in Night you have to transmute Herbs. Yea, it takes many and many hours, but also many EXP :) . As I was levelling with my Sorc, Necro and Pally (now 96, 95 and 95), for each one run I found 0-2 herbs and 1-4 elixirs.

And the items globally: you have to know, where to find what - so you can exactly plan your levelling equipment... Example: 1 - 3 normal Lister runs, he drops Raven Frost. Normal Natalya: 100% chance to drop Bartuc´s. Night Ancients: about 90% chance to get complete 3 sets (include IK :mrgreen: ). And if you are strong enough to go through Hell Jail and kill Golden bird, she always drops Annihilus.
raptor01";p="294518" wrote: Once I get to nightmare and kill Griswold, I keep going back there till he drops his armor - 3 sockets and high defense, that's what I use normally throughout the rest of the game.
Yea, the Griswolds set is one of the hardest to find. This takes many and many Night and Hell Griswold run... but the hardest to find is Aldurs. Fire Eye don´t have so good Magic drop...

And armor is not the best :lol: Normal Izual drops Hwanins set. 3 runs is enough to get it complete. Trasmute it, and you get armor with about 700 def, 20% life leech, +resist and many more random abilities. This can lead you through whole Normal and Nightmare.

And here is my advice, when transmuting sets to armors:
Transmute them unidentified, the product is always better

Natalyas set crafted armor:900 - 1100 def, req str 149, 14% dual leech, +50 resist, +3 skills
Dropped by Night Natalya
Aldurs:900 - 1300 def, req str 230, 10% dual leech, +50 resist, +3 skills, you look nice, but this is useful only with Hel rune => str req 198
3 items dropped Night Fire Eye, armor only by Hell Fire Eye

both good for pally, assassin, melee druid

IK: 1200 - 1600 def, req str 232, +50 resist, +150 life, +3 skills (not good for barb)
dropped by Night Ancients
Hwanins: 700 def, low str req, req lvl 45, +50 resit, 20% life leech, +2 skills - my every char starts with this :)

Sazabi: high def, max Life +30%, run +40%, +30 resist, Life Steal 10%, +2 skills - godly item for mercenary
Dropped by Hell Radament
Naj's 900 def, +50 resist, mana +200, +2 skills - useless
Dropped by Hell Summoner

So this was a small list of my knowledge, hope that helps :D

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:11 am

Hi,

Yeah, I've been transmutting Hwanins. The best thing about the result is the armor has a +2 to all skills - that's great. I've decided to make some rune runs. When you kill the "Countess," she drops 6 runes each time, so I'll do that for a while. When you get the skill book in act 2, transmut that with a perfect skull, Tal, Ral, Ort you get +1 all skills large charm, plus sometimes it adds other stuff like mana/health, etc.

Take care.

Raptor

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:09 am

As you said, the Countess Runs grants you many runes. I like that way, because you don´t need to go through 5 levels of tower cellar like in vanilla D2. You can go straight to tower celar lvl 5 :)

+1 to skills grand charm is a good one, but when I´m planning my characters, I have to choose. This grand charm is very good for chars like sorceress or necro - but when I play some melee chars, I´d rather to go for +25% increase max life charm (Ral+Ort+Tal+Pskull+Potion of Life), or classic Ral/Ort/Thul Grand charms.

The only problem is that you don´t have so much free space in your invertory. I want my chars to be compatible with vanilla D2, so I can´t wear so much grand charms. So I have to make a choice: +25% increase max life charm, +1 to skills charm, +25 resist grand charm, or Ral-Ort+Thul charm?

The answer is easy: for a melee char, 2 increase max life charms, 1 resist charm, rest Ral/Ort/Thul charms. For sorc or necro, I transmute three +1 to skills charms, and the others which I need.

And at the end the best: 5 zod => makes Horradric cube in the Horradric cube. Cube + Book of Skill => +2 to skills and +15 to all atribs SMALL CHARM. This is the best one, but it really isn´t easy to get it. If you compare it with Annihilus... 8-O

PS.: What about this recipe: Uniq ring + Sur + Zod: + 1-2 to skills, +2 to Necroskill, +20-50% max mana, +50 fastest cast rate. I have 2 of them :) and my necro is a real KILLER ;)

Enjoy the game, transmute all what´s possible.
MegaTherion

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:20 pm

Hi,

Yes, agree with you, especially the Ral/Ort/Thul Grand charms - I made some a while back and took Diablo/Baal out in minutes. That was awesome.

I must correct one thing, the Countess drops 5 runes, not six.

For the past 4-5 hours I've been going after Snapchip with my druid (3 dire wolves). When I go to werewolf form my life is over 1400, so he can't hurt me much (he still takes a big chunk of health when he does hit me). I'm after a weapon that does more damage than the Hwanis weapon that I give to my merc. Anyway, he's been dropping the usual stuff, Jalal's mask for druid - level 279 mask, but also dropped a unique shield I've never seen before, the Lidless something or the other, level 273 shield, +1 all skills, and some other stuff. Also a unique sword with 50% deadly strike.

The other nice thing is almost everytime you kill him you level up. My druid is now a level 67.

Cheers,

Raptor

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi,
I´m sorry about my last post, I was posting this when I returned from a party... Everything I wrote I meant seriously, but my english was horrible :roll:

You said Jalal´s mask? This must be normal Snapchip Chatter. Yea, normal Snapchip gives you a level every time. He can also drop Arreat face helm for barb. And Lidless wall, one of the best shield for non-melee characters. Hell Snapchip drops isn´t as nice as the normal´s one. The only useful thing is Head hunters glory shield. ~500 - 600 def, 1 - 3 sockets.

At the end, I have to ask one question. I don´t understand some Damecles´recipes - what meat f.ex. Windforce Variant => makes something? This is written there for many more unique things.

Thanx, and keep going :)
MegaTherion

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Hi,

Well, let me try this again - for the third time. I wrote you a post yesterday and lost it when I accidentially Googled a word (IE switched to Google and when I arrowed-back to the forum my post was gone). Then, I wrote it again, and when I clicked on the button to post it, I got a notification saying "Invalid Session," and I lost that one. So, I'm getting smart. I'm writing this post in Wordpad and then I'll copy it to the forum when I'm finished.

Regarding Snapchip - yes, I was playing it in normal. I have 6 characters I'm playing and got them all into nightmare recently. So, I played Snapchip for two days, getting all those good items for my characters. There is a lot of nice stuff he drops for a druid, necro, sorceress, etc. - I'm sure you know. That Lidless shield is fantastic, but I have not seen that other one you mentioned. Of course, since the drops are random, I may never see it. But even the weapons he drops for the sorceress, necro, are outstanding since they usually add +2 to fire or ice (or something like it) and then add a +2 to all skills. So, a ice sorceress could pick up +4 to all cold skills - that's a very good increase, I think, in one session. I started two new characters I never played before. A necro with bonespear, a merc, and an iron golem, and a sorceress with chain lightning (Thunderstorm as she's walking around - targets enemies automatically), and a merc. She is very hard to play since she's very weak.

Who or what is Damecles? I don't know anything about the Windforce recipe - I didn't find that in any of the rune words I have. Is that an original word? I also didn't understand when you wrote: what meat f.ex. Windforce Variant => makes something? This is written there for many more unique things.

I presume those must be more recipes? Let me know, please and I'll see if I can help. I have three lists of recipes, AR 1.07, 1.1, and the ladder words. If you like I can e-mail them to you.

Cheers,

Raptor
Last edited by raptor01 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MegaTherion

Post by MegaTherion » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi Again,

Well, I meant this "strange" recipes. You can check that post, and find out, that there
is really everything. As I said once before, this guy should be grant Nobel Price fot this :)
So let me talk for a longer while...
Damecles";p="277956" wrote: Harlequin Crest Variant -> Shako + 2 pskull + unique ring
Veil of Steel Variant -> Spired Helm + 2 pskull + unique ring
The Gladiator's Bane Variant -> Wire Fleece + 2 pskull + unique ring
Arkaine's Valor Variant -> Balrog Skin + 2 pskull + unique ring
Blackoak Shield Variant -> Luna + 2 pskull + unique ring
Stormshield Variant -> Aegis + 2 pskull + unique ring
Hellslayer Variant -> Decapitator + 2 pskull + unique ring
Messerschmidt's Reaver Variant -> Champion Axe + 2 pskull + unique ring
Baranar's Star Variant -> Devil Star + 2 pskull + unique ring
Schaefer's Hammer Variant -> Legendary Mallet + 2 pskull + unique ring
The Cranium Basher Variant -> Thunder Maul + 2 pskull + unique ring
Lightsabre Variant -> Elegant Blade + 2 pskull + unique ring
Doombringer Variant -> Champion Sword + 2 pskull + unique ring
The Grandfather Variant -> Colossus Blade + 2 pskull + unique ring
Wizardspike Variant -> Bone Knife + 2 pskull + unique ring
Bartuc's Variant -> Greater Talons + 2 pskull + unique ring
Stormspire Variant -> Archon Staff + 2 pskull + unique ring
Eaglehorn Variant -> Crusader Bow + 2 pskull + unique ring
Windforce Variant -> Hydra Bow + 2 pskull + unique ring

That shield, Head hunters glory, I spoke about, drops Hell Snapchip. Sure, you must have good magic find... It isn´t hard to find one, he drops it in one of 2 or 3 runs. But what IS hard, is to find one with 3 sockets. I was that lucky guy, and have two of them :D . The best char fot item-hunting is Tal´ sorceress. Tals set have good magic-find itself, and you can increase it with Skull Collector This is not good as primary weapon, and I use it this way: when fighting bosses, I just switch to secondary weapon (Skull Collecotor) when the boss is almost death. And it works.

You spoke about LGHT sorceress. Well, this isn´t the best choice, I think. LGHT sorc is really stong only since you have Griffons eye (which drops Hell Lister).

This time, I play this Kickssin, Pure Bone Necro (with 1 skill in each summoning and Amplify damage), believe me, this is a strong guy and Insane Fire/Orb Tals Sorceress. I decided to start another sorc after I finished Hell with my "All-Compatible" Sorceress (20 Ball, 20 Meteor, 20 Orb, 20 Chain LGHT). So I started another one using just Fire and Cold Spells.

Advantages:
I was able to kill that 6 Diablos in Normal at lvl. 33+.
I was able to make Hell Drifter Cavern with Players 8. 8-O
The whole game was a relax...

Dis.:
Hell Countess is fire/cold immune...
Hell Lord de Seis is sometimes fire/cold immune...
Hell Lister have a chance to be fire/cold immune...
Sometimes I have to run away...

But:
This char was really the great choise. With all that good MF, I have each item socketed with rainbow facet, and shield with 3 rainbow facets. (You know who drops facets, don´t you?) This makes my sorc the real Cannon. But all advantages must have some disadvantages.

With more than 2000 life, I have only 640 mana.
Low cast rate
Low run/walk speed

But the spells:

Lvl 40 Fire bolt 13 K damage
Lvl 40 Fire ball 15 K damage
Lvl 40 Meteor 29 K damage
Lvl 33 Fire mastery
LVL 38 Frozen Orb 720 dam
Lvl 21 Cold Mastery

If you want, I can upload somewhere my screenshots, a send you a link. The only problem is, that I cant remember how I was levelling. Only some breakpoints. If you want a necro, I whote to another forum Necro-guide. Now with more game-experience, I realized, that it isn´t without bugs, but still very useful.

See u later on this forum
MegaTherion

Return to “Ancestral Recall”