Installing very SLOWLY!

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

triggyx

Installing very SLOWLY!

Post by triggyx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:35 pm

i have just downloaded the base 0.95 (33mg one) and double click it to extract it but it is taking so long to unload 33mg of files.why?

it said it would be about 20 mins when it started so i just left it. but come back after 20 mins and its saying 1 hour+ now

and yes the files are downloading (each file downloaded about 4% a second)

did everyon have this prblem or just me?

triggyx

Post by triggyx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:48 pm

53% done now and been extracting for 2:20 mins says theres 2 hours left. this is rediculous.

does any 1 have the files already extracted can pls put them in a simple zip file and not a self extract one. i really wanna play this mod.

triggyx

Re: Installing very SLOWLY!

Post by triggyx » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:29 pm

dus any 1 pls have the files i need. just add them to an archive in the correct directories. im sorry to keep bothering but i really wanna play this mod but there must be somthing wrong with my comp.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 pm

please don't double(triple!) post, use the edit function. compression/decompression speed is dependant on your ram and cpu power, but 4 hours does sound ridiculus, you might have to let it extract overnight
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

triggyx

Post by triggyx » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:22 pm

ah. yea that did cross my mind. sorry for the 3 posts lol forgot about edit

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Download winUha and unpack with it. (tested - it takes less time than normal self extracting)
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:36 pm

It takes longer than a zip file because the compression used is very strong. On my system -- 3ghz Athlon X2, 2gb ram -- it only takes 30 seconds to extract. For a slower system it will obviously take longer, I never imagined it could take so long for another user.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Zanzu
Champion of the Light

Post by Zanzu » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:58 pm

it took me 369.9 seconds *shrug*

that was with a 2.4 ghz processor and 448 megs of ram (512 stick that didn't quite make it to 512...tad upset about it since i can't play mmo's that need 512 megs of ram when i have a 512 stick T_T)

4 hours though...geeze, thats one hell of an install time, glad mine isn't taking that long.

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”