FAITH Mod

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: FAITH Mod

Post by Al-T » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 pm

Hans: I like your characters name :) .

Velix: Nice of you to give it a go. Faith is a lot different to Zy-El from what I have seen so far and a lot of the cube recipes are undocumented from what I can tell. We will have to figure out most of them for ourselves I reckon but part of the fun is in the discovery of a new one. Have fun :) .
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm

Well, most of the common recipes are in the documentation, but most of the treasure-recipes have to be figured out ;)

FaithNoMore... *lol* that's cool, hope you guys enjoy the mod. Meanwhile i'm working on a bunch of new things for the next Update. Balanced a few things. I'm going to reduce the Monster-Density in most areas. I get the feeling some of them are way too overcrowded. And yet again, I must realize that some of the drop odds are way to low. Oh well...

So have fun and tell me if and where I messed up something :cool:
Back from the dreaded realms of... the outside world ;)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

EzechielP a.k.a dEmergence
--------
My first attempt at a mod back in the day... good times: FAITH-Mod Discussion

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi EzechielP,

I have accumulated quite a few "Tales of" books but have tried various combinations with them and other items but have been unable to produce an output item. Here is the list of "Tales of" books I currently have:

Mirhana (2), Telperjon (2), Xandra(1), Bosvani(2), Dorella(1), Fosamar(2), Faenwulf(3), Eladriel(4).

Is it possible to do anything with what I have or are there more books to collect first?

[EDIT] Ignore the above. I just noticed the docs say "Tale of (1 of 10 Heroes)", so I assume as I have 8 different "hero" books there are another 2 to find :roll: . I wonder where they are hiding :mrgreen: .
Last edited by Al-T on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:42 pm

Been a little busy these days... Hope anything goes fine with the FAITH experience? For all the collectors out there I will add a bunch of new treasures in the next release and figure out a few cube recipes for them...

How about the monster population? Because of my exams at the University I don't have much time for testing. How is it going? Annoying or surprising? ;-)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

--------

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am

I haven't had much time to play Faith recently so I don't really have an answer sorry. Too many RL commitments and working on a Wiki. I am not abandoning Faith but won't be able to play much for the foreseable future. I will post whenever I find something you might want feedback on though. Keep up the good work and good luck with your exams :) .

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:04 am

Hi EzechielP
Really loving your mod! I love the game graphics! I just finished act 1 and starting act II. I been taking my time going into every cave and dungeon looking for all the goodies you added. Some nice surprises in some of them. No bugs found so far and will be playing it with a friend multiplaying this weekend.
I read your in school but when you get the chance how about fixing the hirelings so they can have full equipment like gloves,belt and boots. I like the balance of the game so far.

Keepup the great work

Nacnud

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Fully equipment for the hireling is possible in 1.10 but I'm not sure there is a way in 1.09 :-|

Anyway, I'm glad you like my mod and I will hopefully have enough free time to finish the new update in a month or two. After that I think about making a poll about the mod to find out what features of the mod are liked most and what are completely hated and annoying. The results of this poll will eventually lead to a final standalone version of Faith (that might be incompatible with some savegames, due to some items)

Well, just a thought, what do you fellow mod players and/or makers think?

--------

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:21 am

There is a way to expand the hireling inventory for 1.09, but it requires code work and the feature is not available for Mac users.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:44 pm

looky looky... I'm corrected. thanks for the tip! I'm going to take a look, eventually it will make its way into Update 024!

Meanwhile I'm on full time modding again, tested a few things, and made some changes that will bug a few people but believe me, it's for the best ;)
Some of it will include toning down the imbue-scroll recipes a bit (if anyone uses them anyway), and reducing the gold-drop propability. What else would the Treasures be there for? This and few tweaks more in Update 024!

BUT, I also encourage anyone of the community to write a few comment lines here, what changes could be made or shouldn't be made, or even what changes should be undone!

Sincerely, EzechielP

--------

nothing5
Champion of the Light

Post by nothing5 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:50 am

Hi! I really love the feature of this mod, thx for the nice mod. But i got some problems of the interface in the game. My char's inventory seems to be outofspace, like it shows it's 10X8, but it is really still 10X4, and the equipment also not equipped in the correct position as it showed. So basically, it shows me the new inventory in looks, but what it really giving me is the un-mod version of inventory of d2, how can i fix it?

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:59 am

Aww... I guess you run the mod in 640x480? Then it figures, because I think I remember not changing the inventory grid-allocation for that resolution. I'm sorry, but it will be fixed, since i'm already considering the next release as final (see infos on my first post in this thread!)

--------

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:28 pm

I really like your latest idea VERY much. I think that's the first DIY mod ever! very very nice.
Honestly I didn't gt Faith to work as of yet, but I'll try again once those DIY versions are out! :)
all the best for that bunch of work and dont lose your FAITH! ;-)

grüße nach wien
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:01 am

I'll guess that I should really try reconfiguring the old version to the vbs-starter that the keep provides. kinda late to figure them out I know but I suppose once I set them correctly there shouldn't be any more running problems with my mod (I hope... ;) ). Will test it on a vitual machine though.

Glad you like the DIY idea, will keep you all posted on the progress!

Danke ;)

--------

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 pm

nice to see you didn't give up on modding yet!

just keep up the good work!! :-)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 pm

It's been a while I know, but the DYI version is now online. It's basically a toned down reboot of the original mod that comes in two variants: Full and Do-It-Yourself. Let me know, what you really miss from the old version and we'll see what might follow in the next release another day ;)

Follow the links in my signature to get it :)

EDIT: Where the h... is my signature ;)

Well, here's the link to the download-page of my site (EDIT: this is the updated link as of August 2020)

[url]http://www.demergence.at/games/d2lod/faith109/download/[/url]
Last edited by EzechielP on Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:58 am

I hope I will be forgiven for necroing (and also double-posting) on my own mod thread (10 years?? really? dang... time moves fast) but if anyone else is interested I will provide a bugfix update to the D2SE version of my mod in the near future. Might be still a few days for me though because I basically and quite literally just got back into the game, so... stay tuned i guess :)

EDIT: updated link in the post above!
Last edited by EzechielP on Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 pm

over the years and with changes in my PC-equipment your mod has been lost on my side...
but i'm sure i played it (sorry, no memories...) :/

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:47 pm

I'm not even joking when I say I had to go back to long shelved archive folders from previous LAN party pc harddrives to get a relatively recent copy of my own mod for a quick test. The original modding folder should still be on my old XP machine which is missing it's PSU as I needed it elsewhere. Long story short I understand the struggle xD

EDIT:
This is the link to the fixed D2SE Version of Faith:
http://www.demergence.at/games/d2lod/fa ... ed_sfx.exe

Return to “The Sandbox”