Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by onyx » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Post bugs, suggestions, feedback, likes, dislikes and so on in this thread. Only for Back to Hellfire v1.00 ;)

EDIT: Version is up to 1.01 now :)

EDIT2: Version is up to 1.02 now.
Last edited by onyx on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by kingpin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Time for me to post a report. So, far a great improvement since I played early version :)

Balance:

Skills:
- Sweeping Strike: To high mana cost at Level 1 (cost 1/4 of total mana) compare to damage you give.

Items:
- Cracked Cudgel sells for 450 gold
- Of Madness (amulet) sells for 1053 gold

Bugs:
- early levels. Hireling cost 0 gold to ressurect.
- Put equip item over hireling image "eats" the item.
- Hireling description says: Cold Hireling. He uses normal shot, multiple shoot.
- Selection area over entrante to dungeon level2 is not cover complete stair (both up/down)

Suggestions:

Potions like healing, antidote, mana lack description what they do.

templarknight

Post by templarknight » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:39 am

Hi Onyx congrats on the release very nice very nice also atm I cannot belive this heh = :D but on the other hand :P I think I spotted a early bug also uhm when playing as the blood wizard I get no stat points on level up I reinstalled and than reinstalled again same thing is this on my your end or on mine please help would like to know asap>!

usu

Post by usu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:54 am

[quote=templarknight";p="374319"]Hi Onyx congrats on the release very nice very nice also atm I cannot belive this heh = :D but on the other hand :P I think I spotted a early bug also uhm when playing as the blood wizard I get no stat points on level up I reinstalled and than reinstalled again same thing is this on my your end or on mine please help would like to know asap>![/quote]
im playing one too and im getting 5 vit points/lvl.
i think you cant spend the points yourself.

@topic:
i tried out a bit with some chars, but i like the blood wizard most.
lvl 14, act2 now, q1 done, 6 books found (all of them were from other char classes, so i got 3 wizard books after mixing them in the "cube") and 0 deaths.
Certus amor morum est; formam populabitur aetas.
-Ovid

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:27 am

usu, templarknight, Blood Wizard gets 5 points in vit at level up, and that is all.

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:44 am

[quote=kingpin";p="374294"]
- Sweeping Strike: To high mana cost at Level 1 (cost 1/4 of total mana) compare to damage you give.
[/quote]

Yes, but hits up to 3 targets, dealing that damage to each one of them ;)

- Cracked Cudgel sells for 450 gold
- Of Madness (amulet) sells for 1053 gold
[/quote]

Item prices sometimes don't make sense :P

- early levels. Hireling cost 0 gold to ressurect.
[/quote]

I don't think there's a workaround, it was never intended by Blizzard to have the hireling at level 1.

- Put equip item over hireling image "eats" the item.
[/quote]

To avoid it, just open the hireling's inventory and place the item into the slot.

- Hireling description says: Cold Hireling. He uses normal shot, multiple shoot.
[/quote]

Oh come on, you know why ;) Cold Arrow requires level 6, so once your Rogue levels up to that, she'll use it ;)

Potions like healing, antidote, mana lack description what they do.
[/quote]

Like no one playing Diablo II knows what they do :D

[quote=templarknight";p="374319"]
think I spotted a early bug also uhm when playing as the blood wizard I get no stat points on level up I reinstalled and than reinstalled again same thing is this on my your end or on mine please help would like to know asap&!
[/quote]

The Blood Wizard cannot increase Strength, Dexterity and Energy (not even from item bonuses). All stat points are auto-assigned to Vitality on level-up, I simply save you the effort of clicking 5 times ;) All his spells cost HP instead of mana.

Just a note on that, you will get 5 stat points as a reward to the Magic Roack quest in Act 3, but if you try to put a point on Strength, Dexterity or Energy, the point will be lost.

Once I update the website it will all become clear ;)

[quote=usu";p="374321"]
i tried out a bit with some chars, but i like the blood wizard most.
lvl 14, act2 now, q1 done, 6 books found (all of them were from other char classes, so i got 3 wizard books after mixing them in the "cube") and 0 deaths.
[/quote]

I did the test run of this version with a Blood Wizard, he's indeed a fun character to play.
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

usu

Post by usu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:10 am

another thing that i forgot to mention yesterday: did you disable /players8?
maybe its already in the manual and i just didnt see it, but when i tried to put in /players8, it just said "players set to 1".
The Blood Wizard cannot increase Strength, Dexterity and Energy (not even from item bonuses). All stat points are auto-assigned to Vitality on level-up, I simply save you the effort of clicking 5 times.
All his spells cost HP instead of mana.

Just a note on that, you will get 5 stat points as a reward to the Magic Roack quest in Act 3, but if you try to put a point on Strength, Dexterity or Energy, the point will be lost.

Once I update the website it will all become clear
so the blood wizard will never be able to use any armor? QQ

i think its a fair price, since he is (imo) a very powerfull char.
hes able to stack blaze and lure a boss through the flames to make some nice dmg (that was what i did to kill andy and the radament guy), he can blink, he has some nice high lvl spells (at least it looks like if they were nice), AND he got this great life regen passive, so you regenerate life you lost.
you designed him (and all the other stuff ive seen yet) really nice in my opinion, keep up the good work.

btw: the radament guy-skin looks awesome.
-Ovid

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:16 am

[quote=usu";p="374354"]
another thing that i forgot to mention yesterday: did you disable /players8?
maybe its already in the manual and i just didnt see it, but when i tried to put in /players8, it just said "players set to 1".
[/quote]

The /players command has been disabled for years.

[quote=usu";p="374354"]
so the blood wizard will never be able to use any armor? QQ
[/quote]

He has class-specific capes.
ONYX

CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by CorniI » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:22 am

Hi,
I played a blood wizard till now (Butcher is dead) and it looks imho a bit overpowered, I just walk through the levels like I'd do in LoD, it's fairly easy. At butcher my merc ripped 3 times, but this was it. The poisened water supply is missing an automap entry for it's entry ;)
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:26 am

[quote=Aggrocorni";p="374357"]
I played a blood wizard till now (Butcher is dead) and it looks imho a bit overpowered, I just walk through the levels like I'd do in LoD, it's fairly easy.
[/quote]

It becomes harder in the higher levels. You really need to start off with this character, find skills and so on, because later you wouldn't be able to proceed if you don't ;)

[quote=Aggrocorni";p="374357"]
The poisened water supply is missing an automap entry for it's entry ;)
[/quote]

I know, but does it really need it? :P
ONYX

rasty

Post by rasty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:04 pm

When hosting or joining a LAN game it crashes
http://pix.a-l.fr/p/38/00/525302d644d62 ... 1f05ca.png

usu

Post by usu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:19 pm

im sorry if the question doesnt fit here, but im running around in a2 now for nearly an hour already.
and no, im not looking for the jail, but for the tombs.
ive checked all the houses in a2 if there was a rollover text, ive already looked if it was somewhere in the jail, but still, i cant find it.
and the jerhyn-guy isnt anywhere too, strange.

btw: lvl 17, got 2 of the 3 notes (as you might know), and still everything is quite easy, since i keep finding/cubing blaze books (1 punisher book yet, and even on lvl 1 it works quite well for non-moving targets that cant be killed with blaze) and im running around with a +3 blaze staff. (i think blaze is lvl 7 atm)
hopefully running around with blaze on and stacking some flames will help vs duriel too.

@thank you very much for the really fast answer.
Last edited by usu on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ovid

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:21 pm

This isn't a BTH error, it's a problem with the TCP/IP protocol on your machine. I can imagine you cannot host TCP/IP games using vanilla D2 either. Do some research using Google.

EDIT: usu, the Tombs are located under Jail. Find the entarnce to them in one of the corners of Jail Level 3.

As for Blaze, you'll need a new damage skill soon. You won't be counting forever on it, trust me ;)
Last edited by onyx on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONYX

rasty

Post by rasty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:10 pm

[quote=onyx";p="374369"]This isn't a BTH error, it's a problem with the TCP/IP protocol on your machine. I can imagine you cannot host TCP/IP games using vanilla D2 either. Do some research using Google.
[/quote]
Vanilla LAN works flawlessly.I'll reinstall the game.
EDIT:It still doesnt work.
Last edited by rasty on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:16 pm

[quote=rasty";p="374365"]When hosting or joining a LAN game it crashes
http://pix.a-l.fr/p/38/00/525302d644d62 ... 1f05ca.png[/quote]

Socket error may be because the host block the ports d2 uses. I don't know if BTH use any custom ports aswell.

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Great update, Onyx!

I just had a few questions.

You say Rogue mercs get immolation arrow, so does this mean they can only have it if they are a fire merc? If you get a cold merc do they fire both cold arrow/immolation arrow?

For the warrior, what does the framecount mean for missile(dance of death)? I'm not entirely sure on what this skill does, yet. I take it from the description it's basically like the vanilla barbs whirlwind, but you remain in one spot. Where do missiles come into play?

What do those moon/night clan horns do?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:01 pm

[quote=kingpin";p="374382"]
Socket error may be because the host block the ports d2 uses. I don't know if BTH use any custom ports aswell.
[/quote]

Of course it doesn't. I tried and creating a TCP/IP game works fine on my end.

[quote=QW_Shadow";p="374384"]
You say Rogue mercs get immolation arrow, so does this mean they can only have it if they are a fire merc? If you get a cold merc do they fire both cold arrow/immolation arrow?
[/quote]

Only the fire Rogue, and only on higher difficulties. Check the website, it's all there.

For the warrior, what does the framecount mean for missile(dance of death)? I'm not entirely sure on what this skill does, yet. I take it from the description it's basically like the vanilla barbs whirlwind, but you remain in one spot. Where do missiles come into play?
[/quote]

This was just a fix of wrong framecount causing errors in the D2 log.

What do those moon/night clan horns do?
[/quote]

Again, check the website.
ONYX

usu

Post by usu » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:20 pm

sooo....
i killed duriel some hours ago with lvl 18, no problem at all, the flame stacking tactics still worked well.
i made some runs here and there to get to lvl 20, because i already had 1 blood golem, 1 sentinel and 2 stone curse books.
when i first tried out sentinel, the graphic was quite surprising to me.
i excepted some kind of flame-eye, but the blue flying eye looks a bit psychopathic, still nice, since it looks a bit scary, it fits to most dungeons (and to the wall of corpses i have around me quite often).

and ive seen my first "bug" so far (i dont know if it is just my pc, though).
i made a tp in the maggot lair like place where i got the magic stone thingie, when i entered town everything was ugly eyecancer purple-yellow.

and i have some questions:
what does the starfall animation look like? is it the usual fireball-in-all-directions?
are there lots of immunes in the higher difficulties?
im planning on killing most stuff with starfall (if i get some books..) and the immunes with sentinel (and lots of other skills of course), would that work out well?
-Ovid

bwjevansman

Post by bwjevansman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:08 am

hello I would like to note I will be making videos of bth mod for youtube check out user bwjevansman just search bwjevansman its a video of me as the blood wizard pawning the Butcher on level 4 at level 8 as it says :P
go see for your self please post feedback on youtube heh :)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:33 am

Bugs
- Blunt (Two Handed Sword) lack stat.
- Doom Serpent (monk): Not sure if this is a bug or intended. But, the snakes is not show up as pet icon.

Suggestions
- Hireling leveling seems slow. My char Level 12, hireling level 6. If this keeps up my hireling will be level 50 then I'm level 99 :)

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 am

[quote=usu";p="374391"]
when i first tried out sentinel, the graphic was quite surprising to me.
i excepted some kind of flame-eye, but the blue flying eye looks a bit psychopathic, still nice, since it looks a bit scary, it fits to most dungeons (and to the wall of corpses i have around me quite often).
[/quote]

The graphics are actually from a planned, but removed skill in Diablo, called (surprise!) Sentinel ;)

[quote=usu";p="374391"]
and ive seen my first "bug" so far (i dont know if it is just my pc, though).
i made a tp in the maggot lair like place where i got the magic stone thingie, when i entered town everything was ugly eyecancer purple-yellow.
[/quote]

Hm, intersting. I thought I fixed this bug... :(

[quote=usu";p="374391"]
and i have some questions:
what does the starfall animation look like? is it the usual fireball-in-all-directions?
are there lots of immunes in the higher difficulties?
im planning on killing most stuff with starfall (if i get some books..) and the immunes with sentinel (and lots of other skills of course), would that work out well?
[/quote]

Starfall is Blood Stars in all directions and deals magic damage. And yes, there are immunes in higher difficulties.

[quote=bwjevansman";p="374416"]
hello I would like to note I will be making videos of bth mod for youtube check out user bwjevansman just search bwjevansman its a video of me as the blood wizard pawning the Butcher on level 4 at level 8 as it says :P
go see for your self please post feedback on youtube heh :)
[/quote]

Hey, it looks nice :) I guess it's time to make a Videos section on the site.

EDIT: There we go, I added your video to the website :D

[quote=kingpin";p="374451"]
- Blunt (Two Handed Sword) lack stat.
[/quote]

It should have reduced min damage. Not sure why it isn't showing a string.

- Doom Serpent (monk): Not sure if this is a bug or intended. But, the snakes is not show up as pet icon.
[/quote]

Intended. When I was testing the skill, the snakes seemed so random. I mean yes, you summon them and they will move generally in your direction, but they will still do what they want. For example, you fight with a certain monster, but the serpents decide to in the other direction ;) So I thought they aren't your pets, they have a mind of their own, that's why I removed their per icon. It also gives you that creepy "something is lurking out there" feeling :)

- Hireling leveling seems slow. My char Level 12, hireling level 6. If this keeps up my hireling will be level 50 then I'm level 99 :)
[/quote]

She should catch up at some point. I don't think I can do anything about it.
Last edited by onyx on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONYX

biobaba
Champion of the Light

Post by biobaba » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:16 am

just a quick question with Vita Elixer.. is it able to actually add vitality again or still bugged?

I havent see this on the bug fixes in readme yet so just wondering

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:18 am

Still bugged, sadly :( I couldn't solve all the bugs that I'm aware of...
ONYX

usu

Post by usu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm

ive got another problem :oops:
yesterday, i got raped by some champions creatures in a4, blinking into a stunning champ mob wasnt very smart though.
soo...
when i tried to load the char again, so ill get my corpse back in a4 and ill get my revenge for this death, the load-thingie in the loading screen didnt fill up.
so after waiting 5 minutes i decided to alt+f4, than my pc f* up.
i tried again, but still it wont work.

im playing bth on a blank 1.10 install, i installed it right, no plugy, no *whatdoiknow* stuff, so if you think im a cheater/editor user/plugy user, your wrong.

it might be a bug with the new map, or maybe the game isnt able to display the blood wizards corpse right (its a blood wizard, if i havent mentioned it yet).

(im sorry for grammatical issues and bad explenations in this text, english isnt my mothertongue though. but i think your all able to understand this post.)
-Ovid

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:32 pm

My guess is your character got corrupted in some way, not sure how. Care to post a log from the time when it happened?

I also died with a Blood Wizard during my test run, and I had no problem retrieving my body.

Here's something else you can try - make a new character and see if the game works with it. You can also try dying and trying to load it again, see if that works too.
ONYX

Return to “Back to Hellfire”