Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:21 am

Wow ... lots of changes . :mrgreen:

1st thing to report so far : the 'secret wall' in dungeon still retains its look (sorry, I just pushed it so no screenshots) .
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:23 am

Doabli";p="375152" wrote: 1st thing to report so far : the 'secret wall' in dungeon still retains its look (sorry, I just pushed it so no screenshots) .
No need of screenshots, I know that. I deliberately left it in for the giggles ;)

You are not that secret anymore, are you! :mrgreen:
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

RoyalFlush

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by RoyalFlush » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:50 am

Some feedback regarding the monk's flash spell:
the increase of mana costs is much to high compared to the higher damage output (so far i can tell).

I.e.:
Level 1: Damage 2-32, mana cost 8
Level 2: Damage 2-35, mana cost 16

Since flash has no considerable cooldown time, i just see no point in leveling it.

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:16 pm

Here are my impressions for 1.00:

I Startet a new Barb in 1.00. The othere new Classes are to buggy to start with at the moment. The first thing i noticed, were the new familar bats in Act1... and i think those guys have too many HP concerning there high resistance and Speed and Damage and the number of Mobs in a Pack. Those Guys ripped me apart sometimes.

Then i tested the Goatlvl with my Rouge in Nightmare. Woah thats a quite annoing Area. My Merc always gets stuck and dies sooner or later, also it took me some time to find the way to proceed, while getting attacked by Archers. With a Rouge you may fight them, but i think with a Meleeclass this may get painful except they can Teleport or jump or so. Also its realy dark there. I know that you want it to be creepy, but maybe you couldmake lava flow shine in a dimm light at least? Like in D1 in the Caves.

Then i noticed the original Music themes. I like the music in the caves, but i miss the music from the acient tunnels.

Also i think the new texture of the floor in the monastry is a bit too dark. In my Opinion its too depletive to look at. I can remember that in D1 the floor was light blue or light red. (it changed the colores also)

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:48 pm

RoyalFlush";p="375156" wrote: Some feedback regarding the monk's flash spell:
the increase of mana costs is much to high compared to the higher damage output (so far i can tell).

I.e.:
Level 1: Damage 2-32, mana cost 8
Level 2: Damage 2-35, mana cost 16

Since flash has no considerable cooldown time, i just see no point in leveling it.
Noted for fixing.
Seraph Uri-el";p="375167" wrote: I Startet a new Barb in 1.00. The othere new Classes are to buggy to start with at the moment.
The other classes? Only the Blood Wizard has a critical bug :roll:
Seraph Uri-el";p="375167" wrote: The first thing i noticed, were the new familar bats in Act1... and i think those guys have too many HP concerning there high resistance and Speed and Damage and the number of Mobs in a Pack. Those Guys ripped me apart sometimes.
Annoying little buggers, aren't they? Yes, a little HP reduce wouldn't hurt ;)
Seraph Uri-el";p="375167" wrote: Then i tested the Goatlvl with my Rouge in Nightmare. Woah thats a quite annoing Area. My Merc always gets stuck and dies sooner or later, also it took me some time to find the way to proceed, while getting attacked by Archers. With a Rouge you may fight them, but i think with a Meleeclass this may get painful except they can Teleport or jump or so. Also its realy dark there. I know that you want it to be creepy, but maybe you couldmake lava flow shine in a dimm light at least? Like in D1 in the Caves.
Everything you mention is perfectly intentional :twisted: You get lighter Caves in Act 5, this is a completely different level. Yes, mercs are annoying to have in it and yes, it's very hard to navigate and find your way.
Seraph Uri-el";p="375167" wrote: Then i noticed the original Music themes. I like the music in the caves, but i miss the music from the acient tunnels.
I don't get what you're saying here.
Seraph Uri-el";p="375167" wrote: Also i think the new texture of the floor in the monastry is a bit too dark. In my Opinion its too depletive to look at. I can remember that in D1 the floor was light blue or light red. (it changed the colores also)
Well it was lighter at first, but it was ugly. Believe it or not, making this floor bearable was very hard and I had to convert and reconvert it like 10 times to achieve that result. It might be a tad dark, but at least it doesn't hurt your eyes looking at it ;)
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

fyris

Post by fyris » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:25 pm

onyx";p="375133" wrote:
fyris";p="375079" wrote: hmm
can't finish normal difficult

finished all quests exept quest 1 act 2 and the last quest in act5

the diablo-quest always stops with the step: search diablos lair

if i kill diablo i can't speak with the angel, quest changes to can't compleated that game... (tryed it on serveral possitions)

some trys:
diablo death, questlog changes to can't compleated... -&exitgame-&newgame exit-& no advance
diablo death, questlog changes to can't compleated... -& town-&exitgame -&newgame exit-& no advance

char: sorcerer lvl 42 to 46 (created with v.1.00)
bth version 1.00

windowas xp home
Strange, I tried it several times and it worked each and every time for me. Question: when the angel comes down, does he have the little bubble with exclamation mark over his head or not? If he does, then have you tried talking to him? I think the quest solves when you talk to Tyrael.

But you're saying that quest status changes to "Cannot complete the quest in the current game", which is bad (and which means that most likely you cannot talk to Tyrael at all). I had that bug with an older version of one of the .dlls, but I'm sure that I switched to the new version for the release. I'll look at it again and see if I can provide any solution quickly.
No, the angel doesn't have a little bubble with exclamation mark.

The quest also didn't change from search diablo's lair to kill diablo.

It changes from search diablo's lair direcltly to quest can't be compleaded... if ill kill diablo. Nothing happens to the quest log if i enter the last area.

Found another minor display bug

The spell description of lightning wall has wrong dmg numbers

spell lvl 5
s:(spell description) 7-178
c:(character report) 23-534
spell lvl 7
s: 10-225
c: 32-675
spell lvl 8
s: 12-248
c: 37-745
spell lvl 10
s: 15-310
c: 46-932

I'm relativly sure the dmg range from c is accurate. There is no proplem with spell dmg, just a display issue at spell description.

biobaba
Champion of the Light

Post by biobaba » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:30 pm

:arrow: It seems like the Horizon's tunnle tile bug still exist in some way... I way pointed from other acts directly tothere... the "treasure tombs' colores seemd to be "yellowish"... probabaly not a big deal though
album_page.php?pic_id=2739
:arrow: The inventory appears to be green instead of blue in poisioned water supply...
album_page.php?pic_id=2741

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:13 pm

biobaba";p="375192" wrote::
:arrow: The inventory appears to be green instead of blue in poisioned water supply...
That's a bug in vanilla D2 as well. The same thing happens when you enter one of the side red portal areas in act 5. I would just ignore it.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:05 pm

fyris";p="375180" wrote: No, the angel doesn't have a little bubble with exclamation mark.

The quest also didn't change from search diablo's lair to kill diablo.

It changes from search diablo's lair direcltly to quest can't be compleaded... if ill kill diablo. Nothing happens to the quest log if i enter the last area.
This is bad. I'll wait for someone else to confirm the bug, because as I said, it works fine for me. If it confirms, then I'll look into it as soon as possible.
fyris";p="375180" wrote: The spell description of lightning wall has wrong dmg numbers

spell lvl 5
s:(spell description) 7-178
c:(character report) 23-534
spell lvl 7
s: 10-225
c: 32-675
spell lvl 8
s: 12-248
c: 37-745
spell lvl 10
s: 15-310
c: 46-932

I'm relativly sure the dmg range from c is accurate. There is no proplem with spell dmg, just a display issue at spell description.
Yes, c should be accurate. I'll see about fixing the description.
biobaba";p="375192" wrote: :arrow: It seems like the Horizon's tunnle tile bug still exist in some way... I way pointed from other acts directly tothere... the "treasure tombs' colores seemd to be "yellowish"... probabaly not a big deal though
album_page.php?pic_id=2739
At least it's not the whole level anymore ;) I'll see if I can do anything about it, but I won't promise anything.
biobaba";p="375192" wrote: :arrow: The inventory appears to be green instead of blue in poisioned water supply...
This has been around for ages, never noticed it by now?
ONYX

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:36 pm

I may have encountered a bug with warrior crafting. I found some good magic boots and wanted to put some speed on them. Because I found so many books for boots for speed, it was almost maxed (level 18). So I wanted to power them up even more so I put on my thinking cap, a sword with +3 boots of speed, and even got a skill shrine (I always do this when I craft something for a better result). The thing is the boots wouldn't craft, I was wondering why (I am 100% the boots were magic, and I had an oil).

The only reason I can think of why they didn't craft were because the actual boots of speed skill was level 25 (over level 20). So I rearranged my crafting gear making the boots of speed skill less than 20 and sure enough, the boots crafted. I hope this is a bug because crafting is so limited now. If you can't use a crafting skill that is over level 20 why does it show the better stats for the next skill level that is over level 20?

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:17 am

QW_Shadow" wrote: If you can't use a crafting skill that is over level 20 why does it show the better stats for the next skill level that is over level 20?
I guess he forgot to make higher level recipes :/ . What you see is just a dummy number, it only affect the items when there is a matching recipe.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

Haynen

Post by Haynen » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:42 am

When fighting Na-Krul with a blood wizard, the blood wave spell puts Na-Krul in constant hit recovery if you spam it you can stand right next to him behind your blood golem (and melee merc if applicable) and just hold down the blood wave mouse button and he will not be able to do anything to you. Every once in a while he will get a attack in, but since the golem or merc will take it, the blood wizard can continue to hold down fire blood wave

Only tested on normal
Last edited by Haynen on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:14 am

QW_Shadow";p="375212" wrote: I may have encountered a bug with warrior crafting. I found some good magic boots and wanted to put some speed on them. Because I found so many books for boots for speed, it was almost maxed (level 18). So I wanted to power them up even more so I put on my thinking cap, a sword with +3 boots of speed, and even got a skill shrine (I always do this when I craft something for a better result). The thing is the boots wouldn't craft, I was wondering why (I am 100% the boots were magic, and I had an oil).

The only reason I can think of why they didn't craft were because the actual boots of speed skill was level 25 (over level 20). So I rearranged my crafting gear making the boots of speed skill less than 20 and sure enough, the boots crafted. I hope this is a bug because crafting is so limited now. If you can't use a crafting skill that is over level 20 why does it show the better stats for the next skill level that is over level 20?
Doabli is right, I need to add recipes for skill levels over 20. They simply don't exist in the files, that's why you were unable to craft.
Haynen";p="375237" wrote: When fighting Na-Krul with a blood wizard, the blood wave spell puts Na-Krul in constant hit recovery if you spam it you can stand right next to him behind your blood golem (and melee merc if applicable) and just hold down the blood wave mouse button and he will not be able to do anything to you. Every once in a while he will get a attack in, but since the golem or merc will take it, the blood wizard can continue to hold down fire blood wave
I guess I will reduce the chance to knockback on Blood Wave.
ONYX

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:22 pm

found a very small bug
the door at the screen isn at the automap.
the last time i walked there, instead of the open door there was a grid and i couldnt open it cause there was no mouseover

[EDIT]removed pic[/EDIT]
Last edited by ChaosMarc on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Interesting, maybe something got wrong while I was editing the level. And one more thing - the [IMG] tag is disabled here, so you cannot post images, only links to them.
ONYX

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:20 pm

For the cannot complete normal bug:

I killed Diablo last night. It was the same as usual. Talked to Tyrael, save and exit, make new game, save and exit again. Then I was able to choose Normal, or Nightmare.

fyris

Post by fyris » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:39 pm

i wish i could talk to him
but my questlog says: i have to search his lair or it can't be completed
tried it today in multiplayer (opend game with a lvl 1 char and joined)
but it didn't help

btw you should double or triple diablos hitpoints, he is a bit weak
Last edited by fyris on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evilpanda
Paladin

Post by Evilpanda » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:34 pm

:arrow: act 5 lava demon missiles hardly do damage and do lightning hit effect- character has 39% fire res and 75% lightning

:arrow: casting bloodstar removes burst of speed effect, very annoying

:arrow: qual-kehk intro for monk "A druid in Harrogath......." you probably missed changing this.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:42 pm

fyris";p="375288" wrote: i wish i could talk to him
but my questlog says: i have to search his lair or it can't be completed
tried it today in multiplayer (opend game with a lvl 1 char and joined)
but it didn't help
See, this is exactly what I meant. Other people, including me, are able to complete the last quest just fine. I wonder what the hell is wrong on your end... perhaps you can e-mail me your character so I can take a look at it. My e-mail is listed in the readme.
fyris";p="375288" wrote: btw you should double or triple diablos hitpoints, he is a bit weak
You think? I'll wait for some other opinions on that, but I suspect he's too easy compared to Baal for example anyway.
Evilpanda";p="375296" wrote: :arrow: act 5 lava demon missiles hardly do damage and do lightning hit effect- character has 39% fire res and 75% lightning
I'll see what's wrong there, probably leftovers from my previous attempts to fix their boulders.
Evilpanda";p="375296" wrote: :arrow: casting bloodstar removes burst of speed effect, very annoying
Oh, that's bad and needs to be fixed :( The same should happen with Bone Spirit too.
Evilpanda";p="375296" wrote: :arrow: qual-kehk intro for monk "A druid in Harrogath......." you probably missed changing this.
Hm, yes. I did forgot the Sorceress strings too the first time, I laughed so hard when an NPC in Kurast greeted my Blood Wizard with "Greetings, young Sorceress!" :D
ONYX

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:57 pm

onyx";p="375297" wrote: You think? I'll wait for some other opinions on that, but I suspect he's too easy compared to Baal for example anyway.
Yeah, he was pretty easy (like every other boss). Like I said in my post about enemy/boss difficulty, the bosses are way too easy compared to other enemies in the certain act. I'll suggest it again, tone down the enemies a bit and beef up the bosses.

usu

Post by usu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 pm

using the warrior crafting receipe on any (blue/white) item will set its lvlreq to 0.
i dont know if you want it to be like that, but imo its worth to be mentioned.
i only tested it with some lvl 3-10 boots and the receipe, but if its really possible to set high lvl items req to 0...
Certus amor morum est; formam populabitur aetas.
-Ovid

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:18 pm

usu";p="375315" wrote:using the warrior crafting receipe on any (blue/white) item will set its lvlreq to 0.
i dont know if you want it to be like that, but imo its worth to be mentioned.
i only tested it with some lvl 3-10 boots and the receipe, but if its really possible to set high lvl items req to 0...
Then what? Low-level characters wouldn't meet the item's strength and dexterity requirements anyway ;) This is hardcoded behaviour, I wish I could do something about it, but I can't. I was looking at alternatives at one point, but then I decided it's not worth the time and effort.
ONYX

biobaba
Champion of the Light

Post by biobaba » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:30 am

:arrow: It seems like you can stand here ( s shown in the pic) and kill the boss safly through the iron cage... (Kinda like what happened back in Beta for the Boss guarding the 2nd torned note situation)
album_page.php?pic_id=2743
Last edited by biobaba on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

hemen

Post by hemen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:07 am

About the blood wizard bug

When you have tested your wizard (aka got yourself killed) did you exit the game before grabbing your corpse? Because i've used a cape and picked up my body before with no problems whatsover, yet when i died later, i exited to get my body, and it would no longer load.
One Monkey - One Monkey = Sadness For All

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:21 am

biobaba";p="375362" wrote::arrow: It seems like you can stand here ( s shown in the pic) and kill the boss safly through the iron cage... (Kinda like what happened back in Beta for the Boss guarding the 2nd torned note situation)
album_page.php?pic_id=2743
This can be done pretty much everywhere there. Such is the design of the level...
hemen";p="375368" wrote: About the blood wizard bug

When you have tested your wizard (aka got yourself killed) did you exit the game before grabbing your corpse? Because i've used a cape and picked up my body before with no problems whatsover, yet when i died later, i exited to get my body, and it would no longer load.
The bug doesn't happen if you grab your corpse after you die, only if you save and exit. Also, cause has been found, read here.
Last edited by onyx on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONYX

Return to “Back to Hellfire”