Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Turgon

Post by Turgon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Yes it can be more fun to play without merc, but I havenot chance alone,
and to pay every 5 minut 2.500 gold is really very expensive. So I have to often return to first act to collect some gold, anyway despite of my little criticism Onyx did excellent MOD - especially first act and difficultness increases playability

Parksta0

Post by Parksta0 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 pm

I've won the game twice with non-backed-up Hardcore characters, so I'm inclined to think that any trouble your having is because your to low in character or skill levels.
However, sometimes people allocate their skill points poorly when they first try this MOD. You have to remember that this is not vanilla Diablo or Diablo II, but is much harder and very different.
Put up a snap with both your Character sheet and the skill tab with the main skills you use open, so we can see whats going on properly.
-----
FOR BLOOD AND GLORY! ~Kyphis, of the Fystali Blood Mage clan

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Parksta0";p="403117" wrote:...However, sometimes people allocate their skill points poorly when they first try this MOD. You have to remember that this is not vanilla Diablo or Diablo II, but is much harder and very different...
Well I didn't played this mod from a long time, but when I did you weren't able to "choose" where spend your skill points, but you needed to wait for the appropiate book to drop :roll:

So the poorly placed skill points looks funny, unless Onyx changed the system.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Parksta0

Post by Parksta0 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Silly me, typo. Meant to say STAT points... :oops:
-----

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:08 am

[quote=Turgon";p="403096"]
Here is one example of item that cannot be craft :
http://ramacandra.own.cz/BTH%20screens/boots.jpg
[/quote]

Kingpin is correct, superior boots cannot be crafted. When I say normal boots, I mean normal boots ;) You cannot craft low quality items either.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Schaleh

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Schaleh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 pm

I have a bug to report in 1.02

I open a tp inside the various circles in dungeon 1-3 in act1 and the portal says tristram instead of halls of the blind. it doesnt let me go to halls of the blind in any games i host but if my friend hosts and i make tp in that game it will always work fine.

So when I do book runs its impossible for me to do halls. Also, since the bug isn't TOO big a deal, I'd really rather not re-install the game although i suspect that might correct this error.

in 1.03 could u make it so you just click on the little well inside the circle to activate the portal? to keep it secret you could just make it so no description pops up when you move the mouse over it.

ya i suppose it's from other mods- i have quite a few
Last edited by Schaleh on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 am

Since your friend (and everyone else I suspect, no one reported this bug before you) can open the portal just fine, then the problem is definately on your end. Probably leftovers from other mods?

[quote=Schaleh";p="403195"]
in 1.03 could u make it so you just click on the little well inside the circle to activate the portal?
[/quote]

No, I can't do that.
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

LightEater

Post by LightEater » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:05 pm

Not sure these haven't been mentioned, but heres what ive noticed so far:
* Night clan are displayed using moon clan sprite (not the black one)
* i suppose this is a diablo issue, but i get the feeling that enemies tend to 'be where they are not drawn and drawn where they are not' much more often than in original diablo.
* Stairways to deeper catacomb levels go up instead of down

Some ideas:
* Maybe a (cheap) formula for rerolling a skill book could be implemented, the random number generator hates me and i get too little offesive skill spellbooks, so this could really cut down on my swearing ;) so for example a skillbook + 3 gems = new skillbook for the same class

I have to say that the mod is very well done, its a great refreshment of the game we all know by heart and got bored of decades ago :> Im very glad you expanded upon the original franchise instead of taking the opportunnity to turn the game on its head, which is sadly the case with too many mods. Looking forward to new versions :) especially the socket fix...
Last edited by LightEater on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:25 am

[quote=LightEater";p="403627"]
* Night clan are displayed using moon clan sprite (not the black one)
[/quote]

All goats use the same animation. Making them black is a matter of playing with the palette. I've done so for most monsters, goats are not one of them.

* i suppose this is a diablo issue, but i get the feeling that enemies tend to 'be where they are not drawn and drawn where they are not' much more often than in original diablo.
[/quote]

I don't get what you mean.

[/quote]

Yes, with so many tiles to convert, I decided to use the same tiles for the entries and exits of the catacombs levels. It's not that big of a problem, is it? :)

* Maybe a (cheap) formula for rerolling a skill book could be implemented, the random number generator hates me and i get too little offesive skill spellbooks, so this could really cut down on my swearing ;) so for example a skillbook + 3 gems = new skillbook for the same class
[/quote]

Originally, I didn't plan to have any recipes invovling books. Then I had to provide a way to recycle the books for other classes, but I don't think I'll add another recipe. You can still use the books you don't want to read in the existing recipe ;)

Looking forward to new versions :) especially the socket fix...
[/quote]

I have no idea when or if this bug is going to be fixed :(
ONYX

LightEater

Post by LightEater » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:45 pm

[quote=onyx";p="403655"]
[/quote]
I don't get what you mean.
[/quote]
Im not sure how to be much more clearer, the effect is that often enemies are drawn somewhere on the screen, but they are clearly not there. For example they run around like they were stuck behind the wall im standing next to. Hitting them does no damage.

Also similar behaviour is that i get hit, lose hp, but no enemy is there and after a moment a monster appears out of thing air (that could be any monster, goats, fallen etc).

Also, especially with the punisher's blood wizard skill, the projectile hits one enemy but hurts another

I guess i shouldnt hav ementioned this at all since this is a diablo issue, but i seem to get it much more in bth than in vanilla diablo so i thought maybe it matters...

[quote=onyx";p="403655"]
[/quote]

Yes, with so many tiles to convert, I decided to use the same tiles for the entries and exits of the catacombs levels. It's not that big of a problem, is it? :)
[/quote]
Not really :) It just looks a bit awkward - thats all :) I guess these things should go to the 'finishing touches' list :)

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

What your describing sounds like your having some kind of graphical tearing caused by your display drivers. I assure you that's not normal behaviour for the mod. Your system isn't refreshing the graphics properly. Maybe some kind of background application is conflicting with the game or the display drivers need reinstalling? That's just a few examples of what can cause that. That I can think of off the top of my head, only one monster type is supposed to be invisible until they are about to attack. The Hall of the Blind secret level is the best example.

To contribute to the earlier conversation between Parksta0 and Vendanna. It is possible to in a way choose what skill points you want by waiting for another book and recubing. At first it took me awhile to understand what was going on there. I always just took whatever skills I received. It makes the game alot tougher and then not every character ends up the same, and I never max out all skills either (but I would if I played hardcore like Parksta0, or I might be forced to with the sorcerer since he's completely skill dependant for damage).
Last edited by D2 MOD player on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parksta0

Post by Parksta0 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 pm

:lol: I'm familiar with the 'Be where they are not drawn and be drawn where they are not' thing in Diablo I, my characters get it if I have >-100% light radius. Never seen this happen in BTH though :roll:
-----

OuTTa

Post by OuTTa » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi, i found 2 runewords that don´t work :/ Where / How to tell them ? :p Can i post the names here?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 pm

You can send me a message or e-mail them to me.
ONYX

Killamoocow

Post by Killamoocow » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 am

edit: nvm
Last edited by Killamoocow on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:25 am

I don't have my files here currently, but I'm sure there was a pretty good explanation about the Leoric thing :oops: :D

As for Belial, I don't get your question. Yes, he's a lesser evil, so what?
ONYX

OuTTa

Post by OuTTa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:11 pm

[quote=onyx";p="405832"]You can send me a message or e-mail them to me.[/quote]

Got my pm ? Because i had nothing in my sentbox ... not sure if you it were sent ^^

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Yes, I did get your PM.
ONYX

Killamoocow

Post by Killamoocow » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 pm

i dont remember Belial or Azmodan being mentioned in D1

as for king leoric im just getting into details :x

OuTTa

Post by OuTTa » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:15 am

If you click on your tome of identify with the right mousebutton(like you wanna ident something) and then click again right button on a Book of skill it will be gone :cry: Is it a bug ?^^ I killed 2 books by that so far :>

thirstyjack

Post by thirstyjack » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 am

I just noticed that Spectral Elixir didn't work properly for my blood wizard in hell mode. It adds points to Vitality, but his life remains the same. I'm not sure if it occurred in Normal and Nightmare. Good thing I had a back-up. And now my character hasn't received spectral elixir yet.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:41 am

[quote=OuTTa";p="406312"]If you click on your tome of identify with the right mousebutton(like you wanna ident something) and then click again right button on a Book of skill it will be gone :cry: Is it a bug ?^^ I killed 2 books by that so far :>[/quote]

Probably a bug, I need to test further. But why do you even do this?

[quote=thirstyjack";p="406373"]
I just noticed that Spectral Elixir didn't work properly for my blood wizard in hell mode. It adds points to Vitality, but his life remains the same. I'm not sure if it occurred in Normal and Nightmare. Good thing I had a back-up. And now my character hasn't received spectral elixir yet.
[/quote]

Yes, it's a known bug :(
ONYX

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 am

"THE DARK EXILE
“Seven is the number of the powers of Hell, and Seven is the number of
the Great Evils.”
Duriel, the Lord of Pain
Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish
Belial, the Lord of Lies
Azmodan, the Lord of Sin"

Quote from the D1 manual. If you want proof here's a 100% legal download for that manual. It's certainly up to Blizzards normal behavior of beautiful high quality documentation. http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2101 I think Killamoocow(or whatever) had stated in his original post that since Belial was a lesser evil like many end act bosses he thought he should be as tough as one. But I guess since he's not at the end of an Act he's one of the more neglected lesser evils. But if you consider the fact that in a prefinal release he used to hide in a barrel (BTH folklore), what can you really expect from him? He is a challenge as a unique, but it's true he's not as tough as an end of act boss.

Killamoocow

Post by Killamoocow » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:21 pm

[quote=D2 MOD player";p="406432"]"THE DARK EXILE
“Seven is the number of the powers of Hell, and Seven is the number of
the Great Evils.”
Duriel, the Lord of Pain
Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish
Belial, the Lord of Lies
Azmodan, the Lord of Sin"

Quote from the D1 manual. If you want proof here's a 100% legal download for that manual. It's certainly up to Blizzards normal behavior of beautiful high quality documentation. http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2101 I think Killamoocow(or whatever) had stated in his original post that since Belial was a lesser evil like many end act bosses he thought he should be as tough as one. But I guess since he's not at the end of an Act he's one of the more neglected lesser evils. But if you consider the fact that in a prefinal release he used to hide in a barrel (BTH folklore), what can you really expect from him? He is a challenge as a unique, but it's true he's not as tough as an end of act boss.[/quote]

well i didnt know if u actually fought him :| i thought he was still in hell or something fighting against Azmodan or something

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 am

No, you never fought him in Diablo 1. There was a concept for a quest that involved Belial, but it never made it to the final product. I modified it a bit and there you have it in BTH ;)

Besides, a lot of stuff that wasn't in Diablo 1 is present in BTH. If I recreated the first game exactly as-is, would that have been interesting to play? We have played that game thousands of times.
ONYX

Return to “Back to Hellfire”