Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 am

You bashed the monster back so hard, the overlay couldn't keep up :lol:
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Mvc9

Post by Mvc9 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:25 pm

FeedBack
it would be cool if the color of Gems, Runes and Skill Books would be different from others, Pink, purple . . . what ever you like, just a bit different so we can spot them instantly. specially gems, they get lost in the wave of massive items on the ground.

Redbird

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by Redbird » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:26 pm

assertion error
expression: DungeonTestRoomGame (hRoom, nX, nY)

i don't suppose i could save my char files and use them after reinstalling could i?

i just tried playing and the slow missiles skill worked once and then stopped.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 am

[quote=Redbird";p="421628"]
assertion error
expression: DungeonTestRoomGame (hRoom, nX, nY)
[/quote]

Where and how did that happen?

i don't suppose i could save my char files and use them after reinstalling could i?
[/quote]

Yes, you can. Go to Diablo II\BTH\save\ and copy all the files that are named after your characters. After you reinstall, copy them back to the save folder.

i just tried playing and the slow missiles skill worked once and then stopped.
[/quote]

I can't relly provide any help when you're not sharing any details on your problems, but judging from what you say, your installation of BTH may be corrupted. Is normal LoD working?
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

bantha fodder

Post by bantha fodder » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:57 pm

So whats the word for windows 7 users?
Last edited by bantha fodder on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:14 am

Nothing yet :(
ONYX

Lorderous

Post by Lorderous » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 pm

i just installed the mod and i do have the newest version but when i try to make a char and enter the game with them it freezez and gives me a error message on my desktop this is wat it says Assertion Failure
Expression : lpParent

any ideas on how i can fix this? and i have played this mod b4 on my computer but that was yrs ago when it first came out

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 am

Have you had other mods installed? If so, you probably have leftover files from them in your Diablo II folder. Check patch_d2.mpq and make sure it's the one from vanilla D2, and not a modded one.
ONYX

Lorderous

Post by Lorderous » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 am

i have the eastern sun mod so thats probably it its in its own separate folder though so i would think my diablo2 folder would just be reg d2 stuff though

Lorderous

Post by Lorderous » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Lorderous" wrote:i have the eastern sun mod so thats probably it its in its own separate folder though so i would think my diablo2 folder would just be reg d2 stuff though
i was wondering if i could tell wat all the reg files are without reinstalling bcuz i would like to have both mods to work if thats possible

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:06 pm

First of all - please, do not double-post, use the Edit button instead in the future.

My mod won't work if any of the original Diablo II files have been replaced and probably this is the source of your problem. Try a clean install of LoD and see whether the mod works.
ONYX

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 pm

I started playing a Barb recently, cause my Warrior sucked pretty hard in lower lvl (the real important skills are on 40 :( ) However i realy like those movementskills like Charge, teleport blink and so on and the barb has his Jump.. Well i think its kinda useless... if you like to jump into battle or to a Mob wenn if you finaly get there the Mob is gone. And if you like to jump out of a Pack of Monster you get hit in Midair and cant drink potions.
This jumping thing takes ages.

I know you didnt chance anything from the original Vanillajump did you onyx? well could you do it so that the Char is immune to attacks while in Midair? Or at least make him jump a little bit faster so you reach the mob in time or if you are fleeing you dont get so much damage.
Does "increased Attackspeed" affect the Jumpspeed too?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:24 am

Unfortunately, Leap Attack is mostly hardcoded and I can't do much to change it. What you get is vanilla behavior. I'm used to that (I've played lots of Barbs in vanilla) and I'm able to time my jumps and hit the enemies. Of course, this is useless against enemies who move often and fast, but you can't have everything. Just aim for bigger and slower monsters and kill the faster ones in other ways.

Increased attack speed doesn't effect the jump itself, so you won't travel faster, if that's what you ask.
ONYX

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 pm

as is said before i use it to get to ranged attackers and especially thos fastmoving Fireants and psychoorbs are anoying.
Or if i get cornered by Monsters... El Chupacarpras was one of the Monsters wich killed me in midair.. :-|

Edit: I noticed that the Shoutingskill wich knocks enemys back (forgot the name) does only poor damage. Each Skillbook only increses the Damage a littlebit. So spending more Books on that skill is quite useless imo. Maybe you could increase the damage per Book more so the barb gets a AoE Spell in lowlevel game?

Hmm i spotted a Problem with leap atack.. i tried to to jump while getting hit by a Fireball and i couldnt use it afterwards.. I tried to logg out and logg in but the skill kept broken. Even on e clean area with noe Objects in between he doesnt jump.
I will try some more testing

Edit: Hmmm it fixed itself after creating aother game...duno why it didnt worked the fist time..

Does the Holybolt of the Monk heal Player and merc too or is it only for Damage? Also i think the fist of Heaven skill from Vanilla Paladin would have fit for the monk.

Hmm do you know there seems to be a Bug with the map. Sometimes when i visit a area again in another game a new Map overlay the old explored map... so everytime i visit this place a new map is drwan upon the others.... this is quite annoying. This happens in the Demoncrypts very often or in the Monastery where the entrance of the chamber of bone is..... other locations like the tombs for example remain the same.

.....and why the hell does no one answer or reply to my postings?? :x
Last edited by Seraph Uri-el on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:27 am

Seraph Uri-el" wrote: Edit: I noticed that the Shoutingskill wich knocks enemys back (forgot the name) does only poor damage. Each Skillbook only increses the Damage a littlebit. So spending more Books on that skill is quite useless imo. Maybe you could increase the damage per Book more so the barb gets a AoE Spell in lowlevel game?
Because it's meant to be a crowd-control skills, not a damage dealer.
Seraph Uri-el" wrote: Hmm i spotted a Problem with leap atack.. i tried to to jump while getting hit by a Fireball and i couldnt use it afterwards.. I tried to logg out and logg in but the skill kept broken. Even on e clean area with noe Objects in between he doesnt jump.
I will try some more testing

Edit: Hmmm it fixed itself after creating aother game...duno why it didnt worked the fist time..
Blizzard fault most likely. I think I've had that happen in vanilla too.
Seraph Uri-el" wrote: Does the Holybolt of the Monk heal Player and merc too or is it only for Damage?
It's the same as in vanilla Diablo 2.
Seraph Uri-el" wrote: Also i think the fist of Heaven skill from Vanilla Paladin would have fit for the monk.
Indeed. Only 5 skills per page though.
Seraph Uri-el" wrote: Hmm do you know there seems to be a Bug with the map. Sometimes when i visit a area again in another game a new Map overlay the old explored map... so everytime i visit this place a new map is drwan upon the others.... this is quite annoying. This happens in the Demoncrypts very often or in the Monastery where the entrance of the chamber of bone is..... other locations like the tombs for example remain the same.
Never had this happen.
Seraph Uri-el" wrote: .....and why the hell does no one answer or reply to my postings?? :x
Because there was nothing to reply to here by now. You stated that you were killed in mid-air by El Chupacabras, was I supposed to show empathy or something? ;) If there was something else here before the edits, it means I have missed it or I have read it when I was in a hurry and forgot to reply afterwords. I always reply when I have something to say.
ONYX

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:07 pm

I did some screenshots within areas where the map is buggy:

1. Image

http://www.imgbox.de/?img=t45390i182.jpg

The Map has some more Lines that it should have and it seems that a second map added to the first.

2. Image

Here you see futher rooms on the map but i am standing in front of a solid wall. I tried to teleport on the other side but i couldnt because its the most outer wall of the dungeon.
http://www.imgbox.de/?img=j29759q182.jpg

But as i said before this doesnt happen regulary, for example the next Demoncrypt is fine. Becuase there are somethimes 2 or more Maps in one there are also 2 or more Exits or entrance shown on the map. In the Monastery the old Picture for the Stairs overlays the new one. So a pinks square is ontop of the brownish stairpicture.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Yes, I can see what's wrong. But as I said, I've only had that happen when I change the layout of a map and then enter the game with a character that has already been in that map before. You haven't modified your character save files in any way, have you?
ONYX

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:47 pm

onyx" wrote: You haven't modified your character save files in any way, have you?
No of course not. I know you changed the layout of the Monatery where the Chamber of bone is but did you change demoncrypts too?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Hm, possibly. Have you played this character in older versions of the mod?
ONYX

Woolly

Post by Woolly » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Come across a small bug:

In act 5 if I walk straight down from the Caves wp I tend to get an Unhandled exception error, same spot every time. If I go around it, I have no trouble at all. If I use Blink and take the same path no problem.. it is only when running.

CommonOddity

Post by CommonOddity » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi, I just downloaded and installed this mod on my Linux box and have been playing it like a fiend for the last few days.

Onyx, just wanted to let you know this is honestly one of the BEST mods I have ever played for any game (and I played a lot). The total conversion ratio to simply overlaying new items/graphics is excellent and provides a rich gaming experience. The difficulty is also quite nice, and I've been having a blast ever since I started ^____^.

Cheers,
I hope you continue to expand on this mod :D
Let me know if you need any help with graphics/manipulation, I used to mod Wc3 maps a bit back in the day... And know 3d/2d.
-CommonOddity
On vent, leading a Kara raid: "Crap. Someone too hots on tanks!" Main DPS in group: "Hold a tick... Bong hit."

CommonOddity

Post by CommonOddity » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:26 pm

My apologies if this is a repost, but I noticed while playing last night how right clicking on an unidentified book makes it disappear, nowhere to be found. I have another fellow that plays this game that told me he has this happen to him as well.

BTH Ver 1.02 via Wine
OpenSuSE (32-bit) 11.1, Gnome (2.24.x)
Dell Latitude D830
On vent, leading a Kara raid: "Crap. Someone too hots on tanks!" Main DPS in group: "Hold a tick... Bong hit."

optimus666

Post by optimus666 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:06 am

sorry if that has been already reported but it seems that act2 mercs don't profit from their own aura. i tried with a concentration and a holy freeze merc. their weapon damage did not increase when the aura was active. the concentration aura didn't even show up under his feet.

newBlu

Post by newBlu » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello everybody!

Found my old Diablo LoD Set few days ago and installed it.

A few hours later it became boring and I was short off erase it again.

But than I started reading inDiablo-Forum an found the Modding-Section, finally Back To Hellfire.

I remembered the Add-on, I never played it, because i Started with a few friend in LoD- closed Battlenet.

And what should I say?
I´m still playing enthusiastic about this Mod and the idea behind it.

A great kind of work, rather say art :mrgreen:

I read through this feedback-thread and found good answers to most questions i had for myself.

But I have one suggestion:

Onyx, i started playing without mercenaries, after reading about your position to this part of the game, and i agree, its really fun and more challanging even in the first steps of the game (in fact in the moment i just came to act3 in normal, cause i tried out every seven character-types).

Now my idea:

if you say: play without merc, its more the idea of the game, i intend, why not ad a "human" possibility of letting them go, if you already have one hired?
Just to let them die in the next fight is not too nice (out of roleplaying sight).

Isnt it possible to ad a "dismiss"-Button or kind of that?

I suppose it would be a thing of minor priority, but i just came to this after watching seven mercanaries fallen to their final destination 8-O

I really enjoy the game again like hell, did not expect it, believe me!

Also very surprising how many people still love this game!

Now enough for the moment.

Grettings

Blu

tictrictrac

Post by tictrictrac » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 pm

hi

feedback: I really, really like playing this mod! It truely keeps the essence of the atmosphere of the original Diablo games!

bugs:
- ptwarp error in southwest corner of Lut Golein behind the palace (I´ve already reportet this bug, sorry)
- items disappear when I try to give them to my hireling (rogue with cold arrow) by clicking his portrait with the item (anyway, it works fine when opening his inventory screen, but sometimes I forget this bug)

regards ttt

Return to “Back to Hellfire”