Evolution Tournament Series - Chapter Three!

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

No votes

Total votes: 0

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: Evolution Tournament Series - Chapter Three!

Post by Al-T » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Just reread the rules myself and they are a bit ambiguous concerning Major CHoMs.

I should have left out
but before advancing to Act 4.
There will be no penalties and you can claim the points for it as long as the Major CHoM is used at some point before proceeding to Act 4.

Al smacks himself :biggun:
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:43 am

Al-T" wrote: [EDIT] Hellwolf_36.....Montex makes a good point. You must equip your Major CHoM for it to score and none of your screenshots show that. As one of your screenshots shows you in Travincal, I have to assume you have infringed the rules, albeit accidentally and I may have to impose a points deduction. I'll consult with Hans and give you an answer later.
Before you assume I broke any rules, let me just bring something up before you "jump the gun".

I forgot to retry an upload with this screenshot last night as Photobucket had a little whine-fest with me (failed to upload and it was 2am and I needed to work tomorrow, the post was made during the first portion and that was when I realized I needed the proper screenshots).

After I made the Mega Chom, I went the extra mile and I had to do a 2nd Council Run to complete the quest properly, then rearranged the items to get both of them in there after I was finished. The 6 Minor CHOMs are in my bin for now, until I can make another Major CHOM so I can get a 2nd Mega Chom (A healing to counteract the Master and 300 MDR). Chronologically, this took place after the screenshot of the Mega CHOM. I then came home from work and got back on the forum to find this post, so I quickly re-uploaded it and posted it now after realizing I forgot to re-attempt.

Besides, according to your ruleset, the only possible way I could be punished is I lose the Major CHOM bonus. The Mega CHOM has no clause stating what I did was legal as I began to forge the charms I needed AFTER I slain the 3 leaders of the Council on my 1st game (which according to the rules is legal as Major is between Q2/4 done to Q6 done and Mega is Q5 to Q6). This was my plan to begin with.

But to be safe, I will hold off on destroying Mephisto until I get a ruling.

===================================================================================

Amongst all my items, I still have 12 life regen from the Poster. I put Sailor Moon back into my stash to be used at another time.

@Montex: What do you think of my rearrangement :)

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 am

The ruling is in the post above yours. There will be no penalty for anyone. On rereading the rules I felt they were not clear enough and as you point out, you did not infringe in any case.

Al shoots himself again :rocket:
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Wed May 11, 2011 7:57 am

Nice... I will equip mega once my life regen turns positive.
But you life is kinda low... Try this RW for +75% life bonus from oak sage:

Code: Select all

Yellow Flutterbye* -- Hel-Fal-Amn-Lem
Boots, Gloves, Charm: Hex, Charm: Quad
Level: 120
Created: 1

Attributes (bt)
Level 10 oak sage (10 charges)
40% faster hit recovery
+5% life stolen per hit
Replenish life +5
+20 to strength
30% extra gold from monsters
Requirements -20%
Or will you wait for Oaths at lvl 255?
Somewhere between reality and fantasy... Where one ends yet the other does not begin...

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 am

Al-T" wrote:The ruling is in the post above yours. There will be no penalty for anyone. On rereading the rules I felt they were not clear enough and as you point out, you did not infringe in any case.
No problem. We all make mistakes man.
Montex" wrote: Btw, Some mobs hit for 3-4k even with 50% damage reduction on P127... Upgrade your belts before going :lol:
Looks like I got some work to do :(

So far, it has 4.5 Life/level.

@Montex's above post: I would have to summon the Oak Sage for that, but the sage would be good for the wolves.

I also got a blank high socket Hex Charm to make Gigantor out of for high amounts of life :). I am also working on making my 2nd Mega Chom for 40% life from Healing Mega.

As for Oath, yes I am gonna make it, but I want to make it out of a 6 os Eth Elite Armor for the most possible defense. Plus I cannot make the runeword until 255 (currently 237). As for armor type, I'm gonna either go with Plate to Hellforge or Field to Kraken. I can make up for the lack of defense that these armors have compared to Lacquered, Sacred or Shadow by making it Eth and using my Shiver Armor spell.

But you also forget that I got 72% Energy Shield and enough mana regen to recover the lost mana in 7 seconds if shot down to 0. Plus, I dont fight melee like you do. But the only fear is a Wyvern or worse, a Majat might just sucker punch me and bring me down for a one-hit kill.

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Player             Character/Class        CFT    CRF      MAJ    MEG    AC      SQ     EM     TOTAL         
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hellwolf_36        Blivarticcil/Sorc    24818    500     1500   3000  5000       0  1.015     35340
Montex             Xeon/Barb            24448    500     1500   3000  5000       0  1.010     34825
John11             PewPew/Ama           23570    500     1500   3000  5000       0  1.010     33906
Told you boys you wouldn't be on top for long.

:!: 5 screenshots have been added to my album.

Highlights:
DIE SUCKA!
My Oath to Sorceress base. I have 1 Zy Rune so far but I need 10 levels more before I can forge it
One spell maxed out. Gonna do Fire Mastery so I don't overdo Hydra and Meteor when I got the 127 skills belt. But I may not be able to go all the way if I am going to keep the spells under 83000. Otherwise it's only Fire Wall and Meteor afterburn to kill things.

One of my screenshots also proves (you will need to go into album) that I have all the WP in Chapter 3 but never went on to Chapter 4 to get the way point at the Fortress.

I am gonna attempt the SQ when I make my 2nd Mega CHOM and I got the Oath armor finished.
Last edited by Hellwolf_36 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:03 am

Sorry for triple post, 3 pic/post rule...

Finished my Word and Oath to Sorc armors. Decided to go with the Troll Nest on Word because it had the highest defense capability on the Elite Shields. It will last till Zy-el artifacts are available. I also got the Oath to Sorc Armor to the Kraken Shell. Not really happy with the life outcome on this one.

All I need now is the boots Montex suggested and the 2nd Mega Healing CHOM and I should be set for life (literally)

And finally, after double checking my rune stockpile, I realized I had another Gul. Finished making the runeword that failed the first time (thanks a lot ZERB). It has the same +skills as Haruspex, but has WAY better benefits. This will last till Zy-el artifacts are available later on.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 pm

You 3 guys are failry motoring now. Like Hans, I just can't get motivated to play at the moment but I'll get back to it soon.

Hellwolf_36...why didn't you turn the Troll nest into another "Oath of Sorceress"? It should get 6 sockets as long as it's ilvl is 99. If it were me, I'd use a scroll "any armour to magic armour", resocket it and make an Oath.

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:06 am

Al-T" wrote:Hellwolf_36...why didn't you turn the Troll nest into another "Oath of Sorceress"? It should get 6 sockets as long as it's ilvl is 99. If it were me, I'd use a scroll "any armour to magic armour", resocket it and make an Oath.
It was because I was going with this:
http://zyel.wikispaces.com/Shields

According to that page, it can only have 4 sockets. Plus, that cube scroll would only give me a few benefits. It's not like "Club to Orb" which automatically makes a +1 sorc skills orb with +150-300 Life or Mana no matter. Plus, the last time I tried that, the item's magic effects were destroyed when I made it eth.

Unless that was specified for drops or the person who made that page did a mistake.

Also, I am not really satisfied with the Life bonus I got from Oath armor (17% compared to the 70% the guy had when he made it), is there any way to reroll the stats, besides re-6osing the armor then attempting it again?

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 am

Redoing it again is the only way I know of. I have changed that Wiki table to show a Troll nest can have 6 sockets. Shields . I guess I'll have to check the rest for correctness at some point also.

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 am

Finished the side quest today:
P127 and 10 lvls gained -> modifier .005 + .0001*10 = .006
After upgrade/downgrade i have 21x 2s -> 15000
Final score 15000*1.006=15090

Player             Character/Class        CFT    CRF      MAJ    MEG    AC      SQ     EM     TOTAL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Montex             Xeon/Barb            24448    500     1500   3000  5000   15090  1.010     50033
Hellwolf_36        Blivarticcil/Sorc    24818    500     1500   3000  5000       0  1.015     35340
John11             PewPew/Ama           23570    500     1500   3000  5000       0  1.010     33906
Somewhere between reality and fantasy... Where one ends yet the other does not begin...

QL
Paladin

Post by QL » Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Hellwolf_36" wrote: It was because I was going with this:
http://zyel.wikispaces.com/Shields

According to that page, it can only have 4 sockets.
I think it's just copy/paste mistake or is correct for base (non-magic) item. A max number of sockets in Zy-El is defined by item size (max=6 for armor and weapon) and item level.

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 am

Alright, I'll Oath it up when I get home from the dentist.

=========================================
Managed to gamble a Sacred Armor and decided to Oath and Eth it. The vitals are a lot better, but I sacrificed +skills and some resistances (but even with the penalties, I still got 650%+ Resist all) from the previous armor. I may re-roll it when I get my money up to attempt for a larger %life.
Upgraded the Troll Nest to Oath. Looks a lot better now.
Last edited by Hellwolf_36 on Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Okay, I am back in the fray. Just romped through Act 3 at players 1 after making crafted CtC Hydra and static rings and crafted belts with life BOCL for my merc and I. With a Valkyrie summon, my merc and 1 point in Dodge, Avoid and Evade I very rarely get hit now. My aim now is to level to 255+ in the Durance doing runs at P8/16/32/64/127, make a few "Word" and "Oath" runewords and of course stockpile Zy runes for future use. I'll also try to max the life on level on the belts but that is a huge amount of cube locks. How did you manage it so fast Montex? Do you play 24/7? Have you discovered a recipe I don't know about? :P

[EDIT] 13 screenshots in Chapter 3 sub-album

Merc can't use her belt yet as she needs more strength but it won't be long now.

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Sat May 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Im trying to get back in the fray. Grinding levels is getting to me to be able to do Countess. maybe soon I can zoom through and catch up to you Ch3ers :P
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sun May 15, 2011 2:20 pm

There is no rush my good friend. You have 90 days per. chapter from the day you start playing the chapter and to keep participation levels up I may decide to give an extension to players who have limited playing time. So please don't feel the heat...feel the love lol :P

[EDIT] Montex....the side-quest scoring gives you an addition to your EM as well as your total. I've updated the table to reflect this. I've also added my score so far:

Montex             Xeon/Barb            24448    500     1500   3000  5000   15000  1.016     50239
Al-T               Dora/Ama             22440    500     1500   3000  5000       0  1.010     32764
I am going to do a bunch of Meph runs and collect as many Zy runes as I can before doing the side-quest.

NOTE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS: It looks like some players may have used cube locks to max. out the life on level on crafted belts. This strictly speaking is not allowed in the rules as your evolution hasn't made the discovery of cube locks yet, however, I am going to let this one slip through since you can't use Megaload items yet (e.g. megaload jewels with +life and % increase to max life). Please make sure that you only use items/recipes that are in the equipment lists for each Chapter. Anything not explicitly named in the equipment list can not be used. I will also make sure this is documented in future rulesets. Also, from now on, side-quests are a 1-shot deal. No practice runs will be allowed.
Last edited by Al-T on Sun May 15, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:21 pm

I think my life is fine enough as it is where I stand. I'll just wait till Cube Locks are allowed to be made before I bother making them.

Time to make the 2nd CHOM and re-rolls.
Last edited by Hellwolf_36 on Mon May 16, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Sun May 15, 2011 4:35 pm

I'll also try to max the life on level on the belts but that is a huge amount of cube locks. How did you manage it so fast Montex? Do you play 24/7? Have you discovered a recipe I don't know about?
Il tell you my secret... Leap :lol: takes about 2 min to reach and kill Meph... And unlike sorcs I dont have to worry where I land.
This strictly speaking is not allowed in the rules as your evolution hasn't made the discovery of cube locks yet, however, I am going to let this one slip through since you can't use Megaload items yet
You should have a separate section in the rules that deals with cube recipes. My impression was that we are only limited what we can equip not what we can craft. And crafted items were allowed for this act...
Megaloading??? I was seriously thinking about it in Act3 already. 50k collector isn't that much if you have too many Zy runes from Meph runs.
Also, from now on, side-quests are a 1-shot deal. No practice runs will be allowed.
Does that mean we are not allowed to play on P127 or to clean durance (or Sanctuary for act4) in a single run?

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sun May 15, 2011 5:43 pm

My impression was that we are only limited what we can equip not what we can craft. And crafted items were allowed for this act
Yes...and that is why I am letting the cube lock exploit go but......
Megaloading??? I was seriously thinking about it in Act3 already. 50k collector isn't that much if you have too many Zy runes from Meph runs
... how can you even think about megaload items when you don't know what a Zy-El Scroll is? No Megaloading allowed...at the moment.

Everything will have it's place and time....read the tournament heading..."Evolution" ;)
Does that mean we are not allowed to play on P127 or to clean durance (or Sanctuary for act4) in a single run?
Good point......there will be another restriction for side-quests from now on to make sure there are no "deliberate" or "accidental" test runs :twisted:

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Sun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

how can you even think about megaload items when you don't know what a Zy-El Scroll is?
Well, had now idea unique chams exist in act 3 either... But somehow i managed the mega ChoM :lol:
But since you specifically stated that Zy-El scrolls are off limit I'll have to find some other way to waste money :twisted:

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Sun May 15, 2011 7:32 pm

It was also explicitly stated in the rules for Chapter 3 that Major and Mega CHoMs could be used as long as the rules applying to them were adhered to. It is irrelevant whether they are considered to be "Unique" or not.

Waste your money if you like :twisted:

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:41 am

Montex" wrote:Il tell you my secret... Leap takes about 2 min to reach and kill Meph... And unlike sorcs I dont have to worry where I land.
I got 16k Life and one shot kill with FO against any monsters between P1-8. I don't have to "worry where I land".
Montex" wrote:You should have a separate section in the rules that deals with cube recipes. My impression was that we are only limited what we can equip not what we can craft. And crafted items were allowed for this act...
True. but Al-T didn't say anything in the rules that Cube Locks were doable. He wants us to assume that if something is not there, we don't make it.
The exception is using the Collectors to make usable items.

But I agree to the allowed Recipes separation.

As for the gold, you can buy lots of stuff and make those collectors from those for later accessible items.
Al-T" wrote:Good point......there will be another restriction for side-quests from now on to make sure there are no "deliberate" or "accidental" test runs
Do this: Allow the first run to destroy the boss or do it for the quest. But to attempt on the 2nd run, you MUST do the quest and submit the result regardless of outcome. Then afterwards, you can allow us to do the quest for drops and pickups.

You can also allow it on the first run you cannot horde items of that type to avoid "accidental" or "test" runs.
Montex" wrote:Well, had now idea unique chams exist in act 3 either... But somehow i managed the mega ChoM
As long as you didn't use the charm, you are fine. You could have also brute forced it and made 1,000,000 collector points to make a Mega CHOM :twisted:

John11

Post by John11 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Well that sucks (not really though. I thought megaloaded jewels were too broken to be using already anyway). I already made a megacrafted jewel to up my damage and I was about to go all out on gold find. I guess I'll just throw it back in my stash for now if that's cool.
You really should be a bit more explicit on the rules. To me a craft is a craft is a craft. I would have never thought we couldn't make zy-el scrolls. All of the rules have been about equiped equipment as far as I could tell. Cube recipes are never mentioned anywhere in the rules for any of the acts (except for the album poster recipe).

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Mon May 16, 2011 4:42 pm

:roll: I really didn't think I needed to be more explicit in the rules. Common sense should tell you that using an item that is not in the equipment list to modify gear that you are using is not allowed. Cube scrolls were an exception to this early on as they tell you exactly what they do. Yes you can use other recipes to create items but until your "Evolution" discovers them, you can not use them. That has been made plain since the start of the tournament. Why the sudden problem now?

But.....to keep you all happy I will document recipe rules from now on.....Done :!:

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Mon May 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Common sense should tell you that using an item that is not in the equipment list to modify gear that you are using is not allowed.
3 x <Major Charm of Making> + 3 x <Perfect Skull> + <unq Charm> + <unq Jewel> + 3 x <Secret Cube Scroll> ---> <Mega Charm of Making>
yeah... right. We all violated that while making Mega ChoM :lol: Unique charms and unique jewels were never on that list 8-O
Maybe we knew how to make mega Chom but we never knew how to make those uniques required for the ChoM

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”