Whist Mod Mana Concept

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Whist Mod Mana Concept

Post by kidpaddle94 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:03 am

Since I'm now able to load different orb graphics for each classes, I decided to totally remake the mana concept of d2.
Here are the plans I have yet. Note that many things of this idea are somewhat inspired from Diablo III.

First of all, energy (the stat you can put points in) is getting renamed to efficiency. It also no longer increases mana when you put points it. It's effect will vary from one class to another. Though, the efficiency has a global spell damage improvement for all classes.

As for the mana itself, it's no longer calculated in flat numbers and is called energy. All characters will start with 100 energy. (representing a percentage, 100%). Each class has his own class of energy resource, like in Diablo III. Spells will now cost percentages of mana. Example, basic spells cost 1-2% of your mana. Stronger spells 5%, and son on... (though that will all depend of the class you use, somewhat)

Here are the energy types for each of the classes. Note this concept is in development, and unfinished.

Amazon: Wrath
Assassin: (Unknown yet)
Barbarian: Fury
Druid: (Unknown Yet)
Necromancer: Dark Energy
Paladin: (Unknown yet)
Sorceress: Arcane Power

Amazon Wrath:

The amazon starts the game with an empty orb (0%). As she kills monsters, she gains more power. Getting struck also increases the Wrath level, but faster than killing monsters. Basic spells cost 0% Wrath to use. Stronger spells require varied amounts of Wrath to be used.

A level-up will boost Wrath to 100%

Barbarian Fury:

The barbarian is similar to the Amazon. He starts the game with 0% Fury. Basic spells cost 0% Fury. Striking and killing monsters increases your Fury level. Stronger spells/attack have Fury costs.

A level-up will boost Fury to 100%

Necromancer Dark Energy:

The necromancer starts with 100% of his energy. The necromancer has some spells to steal life and energy from monsters. Additionally, when one of your minions die, you gain 5% energy (not if you unsummon them). Reanimating monsters and using strong caster spells require decent amounts of dark energy. The necromancer also has a corpse-explosion like spell that allows to gain 5-10% dark energy from destroyed corpses.

Sorceress Arcane Power:

The sorceress starts with 100% arcane power, and all of her spells cost arcane power. Though , she is the only class who has an innate over-time energy regeneration (which eventually can be boosted with passives). Though she does not gain any energy from kills or anything.

Screenshots coming soon ;)

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Whist Mod Mana Concept

Post by gogodanny » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am

Sounds pretty interesting.

May I recommend names for the "energy" for the remaining chars:

Assassin: Mantra/Chakra
Paladin: Divine Energy / Heavenly Force
Druid: Natures Wrath / Spirit Force

:)
so long
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

This sounds interesting. how about making a resource that is bad? for example -exhaustion. start with 0%, using skill fills exhaustion and when it gets too high your spell damage bonus degrades or something? and it slowly drains with time.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:08 pm

k0r3l1k" wrote:This sounds interesting. how about making a resource that is bad? for example -exhaustion. start with 0%, using skill fills exhaustion and when it gets too high your spell damage bonus degrades or something? and it slowly drains with time.
Well, I do like the idea. I might use it for one of the classes I haven't got ideas yet.
Thanks

MrOzturq

Post by MrOzturq » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:28 am

Paladin: Holy Energy/Holy Power/Honour/Glory
Assasin: Spirit Power/Agility

These are my ideas.
QUANTUM
Ameteur Modding

Thanks to Paul Siramy, Brother Laz, Sir_General, Trevor and the other modders for their awesome jobs.

And thanks to kingpin for being a good admin.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Here a few names:
Assassin: Premeditation - Cunning - Hatred - Concentration - Perfection - Despair
Paladin: Divine Favor
Druid: Bloodlust

Here a few mechanics ideas for these names:
Premeditation: The resource regenerates fast but stop recovering for a while when you hit something with physical attacks. Killing recovers a lot.

Concentration/Perfection: Skills cost nothing/very little but have a significant synergy with the resource when it's high/full (like +50% damage or extra effects when 80%+ mana bar). This resource recharges quickly, but decreases a lot when you are hit and doesn't recharge for a few seconds.

Despair: Skills have low/no cost. This resource decreases over time, but recharges when you are hit. Have varying synergy with skills (i.e. traps could get weaker with more despair while melee attacks get stronger).

Divine favor - Resource slowly builds up. All skills have high synergy with current mana % and skills doesn't cost much. Basically you are stronger if you conservative with favor, but you aren't helpless without it.

Bloodlust: Like despair, this resource degenerates over time but it increases when you hit/get hit. Basically, if you get engaged into physical combat, spells get weaker and combat skills get stronger. Shapeshifting could stop the degeneration.

-------------------
Well, there's plenty of room to rethink the mana system, specially if you consider the uses of formulas in the synergy field.
1 - You could have a class that get infinite mana for a limited time when/on hit. So only a few skills would be usable after getting into combat (let's say their resource decreases a lot over time, but regenerates much faster under the triggered state)
2 - An archer could get mana when he hits but loses when are hit.
3 - Maybe you could get a special version of blood curse when you are hit. So spells take health instead of mana.

MrOzturq

Post by MrOzturq » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:04 am

Desocupado: I thinked Hatred too.
Whist: When you start playing with Assasin, your hatred is %50. Each time you make a critical strike, your hatred increases. The time you cant do critical damage, the hatred decreases. At first levels making critical damage is not an easy task, so hatred can decrease to %10 not anymore. But when using skills, it can decrease to %0. Also hatred regen. is faster than normal. Also there can be item properties like Hatred Per Hit and/or kill. At mercs there are Hatred potions can be bought. These things will help to Assasin players. After a spesific level, their builds drain hatred, help to critical damages etc. so they will not need potions anymore.
EDIT: Also when Hatred is 100%, you have 10% chance to make a Deadly Strike.
QUANTUM
Ameteur Modding

Thanks to Paul Siramy, Brother Laz, Sir_General, Trevor and the other modders for their awesome jobs.

And thanks to kingpin for being a good admin.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:45 am

Mind if I throw another idea around?
Did you consider altering stamina as well? It can be used to simulate a lot of systems I stated above. (of course you would also need to change walk/run speed and/or defense drop when running, but who doesn't change stamina?)

I mean, what I stated before is that the "resource/mana" doesn't need to be a cost or casting limiter per se. Skill Damage and even extra effects based on Mana/Stamina are easily done into skills by using calc fields.
Changes to passive stats, like animation speed using auras also work, but is more ugly.
By the way how are you implementing your systems? Class charms? (I'm really curious)

Heck, you can even add passive skills affecting the system by putting newstats into the formulas. Let's pick the "Perfection" idea, the synergy could check both "mana" and a new stat granted by a passive. This way the threshold for the bonus is decreased if the stat granted by the passive ("Low standards") is positive. Heck, a passive skills could even change the amount of "mana" you get per action, no?
MrOzturq" wrote:Desocupado: I thinked Hatred too.
Whist: When you start playing with Assasin, your hatred is %50. Each time you make a critical strike, your hatred increases. The time you cant do critical damage, the hatred decreases. At first levels making critical damage is not an easy task, so hatred can decrease to %10 not anymore. But when using skills, it can decrease to %0. Also hatred regen. is faster than normal. Also there can be item properties like Hatred Per Hit and/or kill. At mercs there are Hatred potions can be bought. These things will help to Assassin players. After a specific level, their builds drain hatred, help to critical damages etc. so they will not need potions anymore.
EDIT: Also when Hatred is 100%, you have 10% chance to make a Deadly Strike.
1- Getting a passive stat (deadly strike) based on "mana" work well for an aura based system. Concentration clones also work fine if all physical skills do this. However, i don't think the game cna recognize the "critical hit" event, unless you do some code editing.
2 - I'm not sure it's possible to make a class specific potion (well, well each class could have a passive stat to identify the drinker' class, making the potion ineffective if used by the wrong class)

For assassin I liked mostly the "Premeditation" idea, as it sounds like an old quote from MtG card -"Inhale. Kill. Exhale."

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 am

Desocupado" wrote:Mind if I throw another idea around?
Of course not ^^
Did you consider altering stamina as well? It can be used to simulate a lot of systems I stated above. (of course you would also need to change walk/run speed and/or defense drop when running, but who doesn't change stamina?)
I did think about it. I thought of trying to convert it into a secondary mana type for some classes (kinda like the demon hunter has in D3 I think)
By the way how are you implementing your systems? Class charms? (I'm really curious)
Nono, most of this is hardcoded (well new code). A part of this system is controlled into a new txt file, and the rest is hardcoded.
The txt file defines which classes always start the game wit 0% remaining energy, and stats they get on kill/striking.

As for different orb graphic for each class, I expanded the graphics loader, the one that loads hltmana, and made it load a different dc6 for each of the 7 classes.
Heck, you can even add passive skills affecting the system by putting newstats into the formulas. Let's pick the "Perfection" idea, the synergy could check both "mana" and a new stat granted by a passive. This way the threshold for the bonus is decreased if the stat granted by the passive ("Low standards") is positive. Heck, a passive skills could even change the amount of "mana" you get per action, no?
Passives are nono for stuff that needs to be updated.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 am

Nice work on the code editing, i'm pretty anxious ot see the screenshot later, seems very neat :D
kidpaddle94" wrote:Passives are nono for stuff that needs to be updated.
The passive doesn't need to be updated. It just adds some "new_stat_passsiveXXX_enabled".
The on-hit/kill/when-hit skills and their synergy/calc fields just check the presence of "new_stat_passsiveXXX_enabled" in their formulas.
Since these skills are calculated each activation, you have room for a lot of stuff.

Heck you could even change the sign of effect.
Let's say Rage builds up only if it's not full, when it's full, all melee skills get a big bonus, but then, after any attack, when full, rages dramatically decreases. Conditional formulas are VERY powerful, no?

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:11 am

Desocupado" wrote: Let's say Rage builds up only if it's not full, when it's full, all melee skills get a big bonus, but then, after any attack, when full, rages dramatically decreases. Conditional formulas are VERY powerful, no?
Yes, I already had planned this for the Amazon's wrath ^^ For instance, most of skills get some 50/75% damage bonus, and some other skills get more dedicated bonuses.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 pm

About stamina, if you remove natural stamina regen/drain, you can re-purpose it for skill use (defense=0 is enough as a penalty. You could also decrease the difference from running and walking, since no stamina is involved).

I never modified stamina like this, but I think it shouldn't go below 0 or over the maximum value (I"m not 100% sure). Also, it might be easy to make a regenerate a fixed amount of stamina per time stat.
kidpaddle94" wrote:
Desocupado" wrote: Let's say Rage builds up only if it's not full, when it's full, all melee skills get a big bonus, but then, after any attack, when full, rages dramatically decreases. Conditional formulas are VERY powerful, no?
Yes, I already had planned this for the Amazon's wrath ^^ For instance, most of skills get some 50/75% damage bonus, and some other skills get more dedicated bonuses.
Cool seems we are thinking in the same direction. I hope I can help you with any idea.

I guess the point now is making the system fit the play style. If both classes feel the same it won't be as interesting. Amazon and Barbarian seemed like "I'm stronger the longer the fight goes on or I kill something". Maybe the distinction must be more evident.
Maybe you should state what kind of philosophy each character will use with his "mana" like:
-Barbarians get a one time big boost for a single casting
-Amazons have an optimum efficiency point that they lose after being idle.

How the resource decrease very important. Mana costs are so yesterday :P Lemme point the consequences of the ideas i've thrown around

Premeditation: You must either kite a lot, or kill efficiently or you will run out of mana. Bosses and stronger enemies require kiting anyway.

Concentration/Perfection: You hate stuff that can hit you reliably like casters (works better if you give spells attack rating) but you can still fight them.

Despair: You need to adapt your play style if you are hit, as some skills get better and others worse. This incentives kiting, but makes melee viable.

Divine favor - You need to use the right attack against the right target, otherwise all attacks get much weaker. Good for a Sorcerer actually, but works for a pally if only auras and spells are affected.

Bloodlust: Like despair but you have more control over it, as your hits also affect the pool. Could work for an assassin, in the sense that your tricks/tatics/psionic power are weakened when you are fighting in melee.

----
Don't forget Laz lesson about making yourself suck :P
It's great to have a skill with strong synergy with high mana % synergy and cost.
But it's fun to have another with low synergy, costing no mana to cast, but decreasing your mana after casting (quickness trick).

Also, two skills that are great together but have the opposite spectrum of mana % synergy, so they are only viable together if the resource is balanced at 30-70%.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:37 pm

I guess the point now is making the system fit the play style. If both classes feel the same it won't be as interesting. Amazon and Barbarian seemed like "I'm stronger the longer the fight goes on or I kill something". Maybe the distinction must be more evident.
Yes, that's pretty much what I want to do, but I'm having hard times thinking of original, doable, and fun ideas. I agree that the barbarian's fury and amazon's wrath are similar as well. But I wanted these two classes to benefit more from killspeed/damage.
Bloodlust
I like the idea of bloodlust for the assassin. I think that's what I will use for the assassin.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:31 am

I wonder how your new txts work, do your txt apply a skill in a given event? Or does it just regulate what happens to "mana" for each class in different events for each class?
Can you use different effects like getting mana on demon/undead hit/kill? (works for paladin class)
Or perhaps in built "vulpine" affix? (good for "rage")
Can you set natural negative mana regen instead of positive or zero?
What about stamina, can you customize it's behavior?

Regardless, I'll try to analyses options:

-One thing that wasn't explored is the differentiation between missiles and melee attacks (both on and when hit). This can be used to better control how a given class fights, let's say that bloodlust increases when you are attacked in melee or attacks in melee.

As I pointed before, you can customize not only how the resource builds up, but it's effects. Actually it doesn't even need to be a resource, but rather a mechanic. You don't need to make players want get more, or even not always more is better (like the bloodlust, that decreases the power of tactical skills)

Let me sketch a few systems in detail:

Frustration:
1 - Increases a bit (5% + 20% of your current amount) when you "do missile damage" or "melee damage"
2 - You lose (5% - 50% of your current amount) when you kill something
3 - It doesn't decrease over time
4 - Your skills have a linear synergy with "Frustration". Let's say you do 50% avg damage from a regular class with 0 frustration and do 150% with 100 (+2% per "mana" point)
5 - Only Truly devastating skills cost "Frustration", most skills are cost-free
Overview: You love hard enemies like Act Bosses and minibosses since you are stronger in prolonged fights. Big groups of enemies are ok to fight since each non-killing hit increases your strength as long you don't kill 1 mob each time. You hate resurrection and big mobs of weak enemies since they drop your frustration too quickly.

Limit Break (like in Final Fantasy)
1 - Increases when you are hit, basically a "vulpine affix" would do the trick.
2 - It doesn't decrease over time, or is increase in any other way
3 - You have several options on how to implement a limit break:
3-1 The character have a few extremely powerful skills with moderate to high mana costs while most other skills cost 0. It's not really fun to limit casting so much, so skills should seldom cost 100 mana, but their effects should be much better with full bar (conditional formulas for thresholds) - let's say a skill cost 30 - it should do +100% with 50 mana, +200% with 80 mana and +400% with 100 mana)
3-2 You have a few skills with 100 mana cost (limit break only)
3-3 You have a few skills tagged "limit skills" - they work like normal skills usually, but they apply a state that enhances a relevant effect and empties the mana if, your mana was full when you activated the ability (berserk clones).

Finesse/Perfectionism
1 - Increases when you hit in melee/ranged
2 - Decreases a lot when you are hit in melee
3 - Character's skills get a fixed bonus when it's over a threshold (50 works)
Play style: The character must either prefer ranged combat or employ a defensive build to keep his skills more effective

Balance (yin and yang or something like that)
1 - Active actions (do melee/ranged damage/attacks) grants 1-2 seconds of "mana" regeneration
2 - Doing nothing ("being passive") decreases it.
3 - Skills have different effects according to their balance. 3.1 An offensive skill could be only effective with a high amount (40-100)
3.2 A defensive skills could work the opposite way (0-60).
3.3 Maybe some "karma bomb" could only be effective it it's in the middle (40%-60%)
3.4 A buff could freeze the current amount, granting a mana regen = to passive loss, and granting a mana degen = active gain, while active.
3.5 Some skills could either increase or decrease "mana" in addition to their effects
4 Perhaps some passive stat should be related to the amount of "balance" (using an aura for dynamic updating) maybe one extreme makes you defensive (AC or damage reduction) and the other makes you offensive (dmg% ele% or attack speed)

Anxiety
1 - Builds up quickly when not engaged
2 - Almost any event decreases it and temporarily stops regeneration
3 - Skills get better when it's low, so you need to spam attacks/skills

Build up style
1 - Basic skills cost no mana and give you mana when they hit
2 - Advanced/stronger skills cost mana
3 - If you want a twist you can:
3.1 Put timers into "mana" generating skills
3.2 Putting some natural mana degeneration.

Stamina (as Exhaustion per k0r3l1k idea)
1 - You can use the regular stamina (building up when not too active)
2 - Doing damage/using skills decrease it
3 - Damage/Attack speed/Hit rating decreases when it reaches some thresholds
Play style: It makes spamming skills a bad idea, so skills must be stronger by default. Makes fighting tough enemies a pain.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:28 am

Desocupado" wrote:I wonder how your new txts work, do your txt apply a skill in a given event?
D2PlayerStatsEx.txt (kinda like a charstats2.txt, one line for each of the 7 classes)

Character Class: reference only, not read by code
ZeroStartMana: Boolean. Defines if the character starts the game with 0% energy
NegManaRegen: Negative Mana recovery to apply to this class. Some workaround to disable innate mana recovery of characters
Stat1-Stat6: Is intended to work as monprop stats fields, but for itemstatcosts stats
Stat1Par-Stat6Par: ditto
Stat1Value-Stat6Value: ditto
end: end of line, 0
Can you use different effects like getting mana on demon/undead hit/kill? (works for paladin class)
Not sure. Maybe I could make a new itemeventfunc, apply it to a new stat, which is given to the paladin in D2PlayerStatsEx.txt
I'm not sure what you mean by vulpine
If I remember right, mana recovery doesn't work as life regeneration when in negative values. I could try, but not sure.
Like for mana recovery, not sure. I can try, that depends what you have in mind.
Stamina (as Exhaustion per k0r3l1k idea)
1 - You can use the regular stamina (building up when not too active)
2 - Doing damage/using skills decrease it
3 - Damage/Attack speed/Hit rating decreases when it reaches some thresholds
Play style: It makes spamming skills a bad idea, so skills must be stronger by default. Makes fighting tough enemies a pain.
Using the stamina to make the exhaustion system sounds good. I think that would be possible with a bit of work. I could call it endurance.
Additionally, vitality would increase endurance as you put points into it. The hardest part will be to add stamina loss to skills usage.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:18 am

kidpaddle94" wrote:
Desocupado" wrote:I wonder how your new txts work, do your txt apply a skill in a given event?
D2PlayerStatsEx.txt (kinda like a charstats2.txt, one line for each of the 7 classes)

Character Class: reference only, not read by code
ZeroStartMana: Boolean. Defines if the character starts the game with 0% energy
NegManaRegen: Negative Mana recovery to apply to this class. Some workaround to disable innate mana recovery of characters
Stat1-Stat6: Is intended to work as monprop stats fields, but for itemstatcosts stats
Stat1Par-Stat6Par: ditto
Stat1Value-Stat6Value: ditto
end: end of line, 0
Wow. That's pretty impressive... So chance to cast skills, auras and pretty much any monprop can be used. Negative mana regen is included as well, that's pretty neat and versatile.
kidpaddle94" wrote:
Not sure. Maybe I could make a new itemeventfunc, apply it to a new stat, which is given to the paladin in D2PlayerStatsEx.txt
That's pretty much toying with itemstatcost indeed. Maybe the "paladin" could gain mana when killing undead/demons, but loses when killing animals. that would work as a passive indeed.
kidpaddle94" wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by vulpine
Maybe I changed the name of this itemprop in my mod :P
It's that classic conversion of damage taken into mana. Quite handy for a limit break style mechanic.
kidpaddle94" wrote:
If I remember right, mana recovery doesn't work as life regeneration when in negative values. I could try, but not sure.
Didn't you make a new "NegManaRegen" column?
kidpaddle94" wrote:
Like for mana recovery, not sure. I can try, that depends what you have in mind.
Depends on class, exhaustion is pretty intuitive, even if it's not that fun.
But nothing stops you treating stamina like something else. If you make new stats like "stamina leech", "gain stamina on atk/when hit / etc" or even "dmgtaken-to-stamina".
It might not be worth the trouble using stamina but it can be nice if you feel like (I'm pretty sure I read some topics about stamina in the past).
Here a few ideas:
1 - Having some skills that requires both stamina and mana to be most effective (while mana and stamina are generated in different ways)
2 - Dual systems: Let's say barbarians have Fury and Adrenaline. The former builds up on damage taken (and is used as resource for massive skills) and the later builds up on attacking (boosting skills but rapidly decreasing when out of combat).
3 - Making limits to classes that have 2 different styles. Using Druid as an example, Mana could represent the spiritual side of Druid, related to spell casting, while Stamina represents the Irrational Fury of the Beasts related to physical combat. An in-built aura could change his stats based on both mana and stamina. (Druid's Passive/Buff skills could further modify the behavior of his mana/stamina)

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:29 am

Maybe I changed the name of this itemprop in my mod :P
It's that classic conversion of damage taken into mana. Quite handy for a limit break style mechanic.
Oh okay, you mean the damage taken goes into mana. I must say I didn't think about this one :D
Could be used for sure
Didn't you make a new "NegManaRegen" column?
Yes, but this column is to clear the innate hardcoded ~85 mana recovery that all classes get. What I meant is, life regen, you just apply a negative value, and your life drains down. The mana, when in negative, will just act as 0 (At least from what I remember from my tests)

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:49 am

According to Innate skill negating mana regen... one should use manarecovery instead use manarecoverybonus (as it is capped at a min of 0). Worst case scenario, you can try to drain mana with an aura.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:39 am

And, this is done:

Amazon - Wrath
Sorceress - Arcane
Necromancer - Dark Energy
Paladin - Mana
Barbarian - Fury
Druid - Elemental Energy
Assassin - Hatred

Some of the code mechanics still need to be done, but most of them are working already

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:51 am

It looks good and is "color coded" for our convenience. :D

You have some pretty powerful tools with the code edits you've done, I hope this turns the mod into the next big thing, good luck and keep up the nice work.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Desocupado" wrote:It looks good and is "color coded" for our convenience. :D
Yes, that was somewhat planned. I wanted each of the energy types to be easily identifiable just by the look. ^^
You have some pretty powerful tools with the code edits you've done, I hope this turns the mod into the next big thing, good luck and keep up the nice work.
Thanks. That may not be as big as Metalstorm, Blackened, or Dark Alliance, but I will do my best to add interesting features and make it fun to play :D

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:34 pm

I dont want to be underwhelming or anything but at least for me those concepts that replace the Source of your Power (as i like to call it) dont make sense. For example, i never understood/liked this Rage concept that exists in D3 for Barbarian, i would prefer original Mana. If you are getting hit, if you are tired you simply cant keep going no matter how much u would like too. The power that keeps you going is purely magical. Realistic rage will never work this way.

But this is for ppl like me, ppl that tend to approach things more realistically. Most players will prob like it. You cant please everyone everyone :)
Just sharing my point of view.
Last edited by Doub on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:47 am

Doub" wrote:I dont want to be underwhelming or anything but at least for me those concepts that replace the Source of your Power (as i like to call it) dont make sense. For example, i never understood/liked this Rage concept that exists in D3 for Barbarian, i would prefer original Mana. If you are getting hit, if you are tired you simply cant keep going no matter how much u would like too. The power that keeps you going is purely magical. Realistic rage will never work this way.
I've never liked the differing power sources much myself (for various reasons), and as much as I understand the need for class differentiation, sometimes its just too different. However in the case of "rage", adrenaline can most certainly do said things without being magical, however it only goes to a certain point, too much and you'll die of an array of organ failure, mainly heart related.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”