Bug reports

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Bosanac

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.00 (French and English)

Post by Bosanac » Thu May 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Xaphan - quick question - Is there any Set or Unique items in A1? I am on the Cain quest barely and I assume that is too early in the game and I still have a while to go?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu May 23, 2013 4:44 pm

there is two thing's that comes into my mind that could cause error,

first as you using d2mod it's high chance it wont run on win7/vista as the non public version people using isn't 100% compatible. Also, any custom addons to it, may aswell not be compatible by itself with win7/vista. This because of ASLR.

Second as mod is written for non english language it's possible there is missing files that require to belong into the ENG dir that mod is originally using for french only version.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu May 23, 2013 5:13 pm

@Kingpin : I'm modding on windows 7, and it work as it should for me. However, I haven't tested it on Vista. Also, Luciffer as an XP so the error probably dosen't come from here.

For the ENG directory, i'm using the D2SE language tool that load a custom MPQ with an USE file in it that tell the game to use the ENG version. So if something is missing on the mod MPQ, it look for it in the patch_D2.mpq. This lead me to a question to Lucifer ; is your Patch_D2.mpq unmodded ? I mean, when you testeted some mod you may have remplaced it and forgot to put the original back. This may be the cause of your error. The Patch_D2.mpq in your diablo 2 folder should be an original one of any version (Check the version your original game is and put the corresponding Patch_D2.mpq in your Diablo 2 folder just to be sure).

You can find Patch_D2.mpq for any version in the D2SE folder (in your Diablo 2 folder), then in the CORE folder. Then there is a folder for each version, just open the right one and copy the Patch_D2.mpq that's in to your diablo 2 folder.

@Bosanac : No, there is no Uniques nor sets atm. No runewrods as well. This will come in the first update I'm currently working on. Speaking of that, here is what is planned in this update :
- Ability to respec your character (both stats and skills, but not specialities for now). This was done with the help of Mnw1995.
- Many runewords.
- Specials uniques items bound to superuniques bosses.
- Better utility of the Strenght, Dexterity and Energy stats.
- Some changes to loots.
- Some translations corrections.
- Bugfixes, if some are found.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:20 pm

I did a fresh reinstall a while ago,the only mod which is not D2SE mod that I use currently is Eastern Sun,but it also got it's folder...I think nothing fiddled with my files...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu May 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Ok so that's something else eliminated ;)

I already asked you but you did not answered : did you test it on an other comupter (If you can of course !) ?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Ah that is kinda tricky for me,nobody around me likes D2...((((((

and everybody got a different system set up too...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

marquise

Post by marquise » Fri May 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Lucifer i had the same problem when i was tryin to create a character or enter a game. I just had to move my Plugyn folder from the MOD folder to Diablo2 core folder.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Marquise

You mean I should take it out of Le Royame an put in into D2 BASE FOLDER???

If that is so,I could just install PlugY 10.00 since I don't have it installed now(since every mod now comes with it,very few mods don't include it)...right???

Xaphan what say you to this??? Would it help???

Well gonna try either way...

Edit: The PlugY Folder already exists within my D2 Folder,I guess D2SE installed it for me,now the Files in both that folder and Le Royame PlugY Folder are of different sizes...would it be safe for me to overwrite over those???

I bite down hard

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Mod use plugy 9, as I got some errors with plugy 10 on 1.10.

But I don't see why moving plugy folder out of mod folder would change anything. You can try it, but do a backup of the files you already have in the plugy folder before doing anything !

Also, i'm going to add soon an checklist of what will be included in future updates on main post. This way you will be able to see what's planned and how far I of doing it.

Edit : Update list added to main post :)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Xaphan
You say you got troubles with PlugY 10??? But I got PlugY 10.txt in your folder...Why is that??? I have PlugY 9 in my base D2 Folder...

I bite down hard

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Hmm you'r right. Log say it's plugy 10, but files in the Plugy folder say it's plygy 9. I've probably messed up something here, and this is probably why I got some errors. Strangely enought, I don't have thems anymore. Will check this on my side !

try to put plugy 9 dll in the mod folder, it look like there is a plugy 10 dll in, wich should not be in, it's a mystake on my part. Will correct this on next update.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:04 pm

No...that did not help me...also it seems you only forgot the txt of 10,since the dll from your folder and PlugY 9 are the same exact size...

I bite down hard

WhiplashTW

Post by WhiplashTW » Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the Triurne quest? I found two parts (Heaven and Hell) pretty easily but the other has me stumped. All the quest info says is talk to cain for more info but cain has nothing to say.

I love the look and feel of this mod so far and can't wait to see where it all leads.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm

If cain dosen't say anything, you just found a bug :s

So here is what he should say (don't read if you don't want to be spoiled) :

Although the secret was well kept, I know where are the three
emblems that will open access to the temple:

The emblem of heaven is at Tulisam, a ruined city west
of Partha.

The emblem of hell is in one of the old tombs in the
Forgotten Moor.

The third symbol was hidden at Kalinash, but it seems it
have been stolen by the fallens. They probably stolen it to prevent you
from entering the temple. The Kalinash guards say they have
see thems flee into the jungle. So you have to find them.

WhiplashTW

Post by WhiplashTW » Mon May 27, 2013 6:37 pm

ran into a big problem. i can't enter the temple of triurne without getting this error

Code: Select all

Warning
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 02d01e50
which i can click "ok" and continue playing. but within a few monster kills i get this error

Code: Select all

Assertion Failure
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 02d05c40
and clicking "ok" closes the game.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

This sound to me like a Vis related error.

On wich map where you exactly when this happened ? The triurne temple (Town) or the ruins of the temple ? If the ruins, wich level ?

Also, try this : Go in the mod folder, open Plugy.ini and find the line 'AlwaysRegenMapInSP=0'. Change the 0 to 1. Start the game and load you character. The map should be reset (like in multiplayer). Exit the game, go back in the file and change the 1 to 0 again. Start the game and try to see if it still crash. If yes, check if the map was the exact same as before (may be the case as there is 6 variations of the maps). If not, maybe the map variation you were in has a missing VIS, and I have to correct it :)

WhiplashTW

Post by WhiplashTW » Mon May 27, 2013 7:35 pm

the first error popped up as soon as i left town/entered the the temple. so the first level temple ruins. all i can tell you about the map is that there was a room directly behind the entrance that you couldn't go into. monsters were attacking at the wall but couldn't get to me. i could only go south.

changing the map seems to have fixed the problem. now i can go explore some more. thank you.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Ok thanks, I will checks the maps to see if I can see the error :)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.02 (French and English)

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Just installed 1.02 and now every time I wanna check my stash I get an error. Say its an Runtime Error with D2SE.exe. "abnormal program termination".

Checked debuglog:

***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
15:02:56.129 Fault address: 05A944B6 01:000034B6 C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\MODS\Le Royaume des Ombres\D2Win.dll

Also there´s a lot of other stuff going on in the debuglog. I mean my log for today is 540kb big Oo.

Edit: Are there any benifits if you put more than one point in path of XXX ? I mean its not giving any bonus.

Cheers.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:09 pm

That's strange as I played 1.02 with a friend before releasing it, and the stash worked fine. I just checked before posting this message, and it work for me.

Try to open it with a new character. If it work, there is something in your stash on the crashing character that cause the crash. If it soen't work, be sure to clear shared stash and test again. If nothing work, that's become strange :o

And for path of XXX skills, you need to put more points to be able to use more items. Skill itself dosen't give anything, but it's level determine wich weapons and armor you can wear.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I did as you said (deleted my shared stash and created a new char) and I still get the same error. Tried different chars with/without stash and I get a error any time I try to open my stash. Before 1.02 everything was working fine for me.

@Path of XXX: Ah, forgot about the items:).

Cheers

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Hmm that's wierd.

I downloaded again and installed 1.02 just to be sure that's not something in the download, but no... work for me.

Maybe revert to 1.01 (just install it, it will overwrite 1.02) for now. But I don't see why you crash now since 1.02 diden't change anything stash related :s Keep in mind that if you revert to 1.01, your character may not be compatible.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.03 (French and English)

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 pm

About Skills,I would suggest raising the Dmg of Higher Level Skills,so that it pays off to save up points and dump em in High Level Skill once you Unlock it,reasoning behind this is if your Low Level Skills and High Level Skills are scaling in Dmg in similar way,then everybody will stick to Low Level Skills,that's why you need to give High Level Skills a bigger Base Dmg than that of Low Level Skill...if not that,then let All Skills be available on Clvl 1,Nerf something down,pump something up...maybe even make Book of Knowledge and place it in one of the Merchants Inventories,then make every Skill require more Skill Points every 5 or so Levels,and this way Chars could eventually have ALL Skills Maxed which would in turn require you to pump the Monsters at End Game SKYHIGH...

Every Solution got it's Up's and Down's...

Anyway,gonna try to install this new update...who knows maybe even I can get it going now since I changed my Motherboard,so who knows...gonna give it a shot...

Edit:Did a Fresh Install of the Mod for any case...Update 1.01 has wrong install path set...it is C\Program Files\Diablo 2\Le Royaume...It Should be C\Program Files\Diablo 2\MODS\Le Royaume...

Somebody is gonna miss that for sure...

Edit:Second Update has the same issue...somebody is gonna come and complain if they are not used to check everything,and it's a simple thing...

Edit:Third Update got the right path set for installation...Unfortunately I am still not able to get past the Char Creation Screen,the only difference from before is thatI now get the Error Message behind the Char Select Screen and if I hit Enter it just shuts down the game...those new Descriptions are looking good,too bad I can't see the rest,and I was eager to help...

I bite down hard

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Well about the path set for installation issue, this is something I am working on. Sad that the mod still crash for you :(

Edit :
Next update (1.04):
- Will have many changes to runes
- Will completely change all runewords (adding thems specials effetcs like skills on kill, +to a skill and more)
- Will completely change all unique items (same as runewords)
- May see the introduction of set items
- Will fix some bugs
- Maybe more :)

This is done in preparation of act 2 because I want to be sure that everything is how I want it to be before going on other acts.

Tylenoll

Post by Tylenoll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:12 pm

When I download the mod I don't get what the type of file that is usually associated with D2SE I get an application that I just click run and it installs the mod, but there is nothing there in D2SE and nothing shows up when I load Diablo 2. .. First time I've ever had trouble installing a mod, Im sure this is on my end but...whats wrong :(

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”