Hugelaser is shutting down

Check here for any important information about the Phrozen Keep and these forums. Only staff members may start a new topic but anyone may post their thoughts and responses.
Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Hugelaser is shutting down

Post by Volf » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:24 pm

For several years now Alex has hosted the keep for free and we thank him for this! About a week ago he announced that he is shutting down the hugelaser server next month. As a result i got us a new domain d2mods.info and i will be hosting the site and the forums.

The filecenter files are still on hugelaser and the old filecenter will be up and running at the old location https://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.php until september 20. I cannot host all the files atm so i am looking in to options for a separate file host, having them on another server would also cause less strain on both servers resulting in better functionality.

During the move i mass edited all links in the database to point to the new location, however there might links here and there that will need manual editing, also static links in modding resources sites will need to be edited manually. All admins including me are a bit busy with other things so it could be a while until everything is 100% back to normal. If you find missing images, dead links or anything else that seems broken please post in the feedback forum.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Hugelaser is shutting down

Post by Necrolis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 am

pity to hear HL is shutting down :( I many be able to help provide cloud based hosting if needed.

any reason not to use/redirect d2mods.com?
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:24 am

Myhrginoc handles d2mods.com domain and it will be redirected at some point.

Edit: Help with hosting for filecenter files or even part of the 20+gb of files would be more than welcome. I haven't got a fresh backup of them yet thou but Alex will archive them at some point so that we can easily get them (takes to long to dl them individually with ftp)

azianX

Post by azianX » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:42 am

This truely is sad to hear, again, if I can help in any way please let me know. :)
I do have unlimited Upload/download and LOTS of HDD space available.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks to Volf and whoever helped with the move to keep the Phrozenkeep up and running. :)

However, not sure if I'm the only one getting this little problem, but the top section seems to be broken:
http://i.imm.io/1f6aA.png

Nothing to really rush with, but I thought I would report it

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 am

Cant reproduce the problem, you might have been displayed a bad google ad that caused the issue

distributer

Post by distributer » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks to the guys keeping this up and running.

I managed to make my arrows behave like javelins yesterday, thanks to you!

Every couple of years it hits me and I need to play D2 again, then I am annoyed by some 'features' or 'limitations' and start changing them. In the end I have complete new classes, Items and mechanics :P

CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by CorniI » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Could it be that links in PMs haven't been converted?
Thanks for the work, anyway!
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:27 am

They should be as i made the change in the entire db unless pm links are stored in a different format. Cant really start checking peoples pms thou

Hardtail

Post by Hardtail » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 pm

I might be able to help with the hosting. PM me if I can do anything. Thanks, Jon.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Hardtail" wrote:I might be able to help with the hosting. PM me if I can do anything. Thanks, Jon.
Thanks for the offer but the hosting issue was resolved a bit over a year ago. Filecenter downloads are hosted by Necrolis and all sites under d2mods.info are hosted by me.

Return to “Staff Announcements”