New version developement

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

Eberhardt

Re: New version developement

Post by Eberhardt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:32 am

I get to think imp class monsters deal way too much damage. In Killing Grounds the main challenge are blood witches (it's ok, they've always been) and... ryokins. These little pests now deal 3-5k with their ranged attacks! Imagine 10 or more of them in one room and they are all targeting you :) As far as I noticed, their attack is not blocked. Diamond drakes are rather squishy so I don't even mention them.

Nightmare difficulty is fun :) terrific drops and summons have proper hp :cool: Monsters are even generous enough so as to drop zy runes! I'm a bit surprised by the amount of elite items but I don't think it affects balance in any way since you have to have a lot of str/dex to equip them.

Also there's a very funny bug with displaced NPCs. Remember Kaelan that guards the palace in act 2? He was not where he's supposed to be but in Tal-Rasha's tomb :D I also have found Ormus's twins (evil supposedly, how else would they make it to the worldstone chamber unharmed?):
Screenshot003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:47 pm

patch 10...

item wipe:
this means that BEFORE you install patch 10 you will have to get rid of all items that can have magic affixes - weapons armor, charms, jewels from your inventory and stash as the save format changed for them.
Even if you decide not to play existing characters you will still have to remove above items from shared stash.
Items you may keep: gold, gems, runes, cards, poster fragments, dkey, dbox, elixir, ALL thumbnails (unique / set / poster / chom)
you have to sell collector and buy a new one (from Gheed) after installing patch 10. Cube points will be preserved.

other changes:
ormus left worldstone chamber
item ratio in drops
ryokin damage reduced; platinum drake hp increased;
mighty mite speed reduced, willowhist lightning dmg increased
summon amount and next al level description fix

item stat limits:
str, dex, vit, enr, ac%, dmg%, att% hp regen, heal-kill - 64k / item
hp, mp, att, ac, dmg-red, mag-red, all dmg types, thorns - 1 mil / item
fire / cold, ltng, pois resis, IAS, FCR, gethit speed, block speed, mp regen, hp%, mp%, gf, mf - 4k / item
phys resist, magic resist - 256 / item
move - 100 / item
max resist - 32 / item
skills, extra-fire, extra-cold, extra-ltng, extra-pois, extra-mag - 1000 / item
Somewhere between reality and fantasy... Where one ends yet the other does not begin...

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:29 pm

I think I'll just start a new one. Thanks a lot for the update @}->--

Oh, and I noticed that the only way to get 4-socket assassin weapons is crafting them from cube scrolls. I guess for Anya to sell them it will require some voodoo magic with dll's too, no?

btw there are ppl on the russian forum http://allaboutzyel.forum2x2.ru/ who play the mod too. So it's getting even more popular :)

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Anya could sell the star weapon with the help of some divine txt editing magic.
But i kinda considered those to be end game weapons. the lowest star requires ~1400 str / dex to equip. This can be easily changed though.
Btw if you find some lost guards in Tal Rasha send some screenie and ill guide them back to town. Same applies to any other misplaced mobs.
Somewhere between reality and fantasy... Where one ends yet the other does not begin...

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:38 pm

It was discovered that at lvl 10000 the amount of gold you can keep in the stash is a negative number and you can't add any more. Also, by saying
skills, extra-fire, extra-cold, extra-ltng, extra-pois, extra-mag - 1000 / item
did you mean "+1000 skills"? Since you need 750 something points to level one skill to 250, it means you can max out only 12 of them. Well, it concerns the end-game that I am very very far away from but still, I'm rather curious if I have to select profession here (wind druid, trapsassin, bowazon etc.) :)

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:24 pm

there was a limit of 127 for all-skills (not sure about skilltabs and single skills). 1000 may actually be too much but i guess the only real way to reach that is the cube scrolls that aren't that easy to find. (ill have to deal with crafted belt + skulls somehow to stop much earlier than 1000)
Woudn't your profession depend on how many +allskills you manage to get on your items?
Will fix the gold issue.

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi!

Got little problem with running this version of Zy-El. Got Win7 x64 Ultimate. Did fresh installation of D2 and I'm getting this error when try to enter to game (new character):

EDIT:
Ok. Nevermind. Working. I had a little typo in a "Target" field in shortcut. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:14 am

OK, some monsters in act 1 that imo don't really belong there.
Two Black Souls in Tower Cellar 5:
Screenshot007.jpg
Guardians - same location:
Screenshot008.jpg
Well, guardians are not really a challenge so I don't know if they should be removed.
And I don't know about these guys:
Screenshot006.jpg
I encountered them at tower cellar 4-5, and nowhere else. They hit harder than black rogues and there's a whole lot more of them, too.

Jem Hadar is gone from Catacombs 4 but there are Dried Corpses there from act 2.

Kaelan is still missing from the palace, only an exclamation mark is hovering in the air. I hope he's still in the tomb, it was fun to see him surrounded by mithril knights, like, he's captured and I'm there on a rescue mission :D

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:53 am

Ok, great Jon so far. Sorry I dont post much, im mostly a lurker :P

I saw just now (or rather, 3 hours ago) that you have started working on a "community patch" like ES has. Good idea, I thought this mod would die for sure, since there has been no such patches in the past.

Few things I've noted so far. Outa the four runewords ive made on my druid (level 19), two of them have ctc AD on them. Im looking over at the wikki, and neither the Mist rw nor Patienly rw have Amplify damage on them. Which is kinda weird.

I also noticed, that on P1, you ge barley ANY drops at all. I got to level 15, pumped it up to pP8, and wow it started raining gems/jewls like theres no tomrrow. Now, I don't know if I'm extreamly lucky while i was doing P1 or not, so I can't really comment on it.

Also, Mobs seem to have more health on p16 then p8,yet i was getting MORE exp on p8 then p16? I hope im the only one, and that this is just a bug that i have found out. And yes, I know they are SUPPOSED to have more hp on p16 :P

Wow, cant beielve 4 hours have passed since i started playing this patch, and yes, i took a break from typing this up to play some more. Time flies while your hacking demons :P

Good job all around so far.

Elafar
Paladin

Post by Elafar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:20 pm

I just encountered Tim The Enchanter boss that I am pretty sure doesn't belong to catacombs lvl 4

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Should it drop on Blood Moor P8?

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Yes, Bro, charms of this type ("Byrk's") are pretty common. I have like 3 already in different flavours at lvl 77 though my mf is low.

Tim the Enchanter? o_O Well, I thought I roamed that location good.

Mist runeword does give ctc AD which is cool btw:
Screenshot012.jpg
Give it to the merc and wolves dispose of monsters way more quickly :)

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:02 pm

somewhat cleaned tower mobs. At least i didnt find any misplaced mobs when i ran it.
Im not too sure about runewords. v4.4c should have AD on those as well. Can someone confirm / deny that?
Low drop rate at P1 isn't anything new. Yet John is the first one happy with P8 drop :D
Unless you give exp example in a format: at player lvl 15 kobolds give 12 exp on P8 and 13 exp on P16 (those are real values from my play) i wont believe monsters give less exp at P16. They give more though the difference is rather small.
removed some more mob spawns from different acts (as it seems this isnt supported that well in 1.10) from cata 4. I think they cause the misplaced mobs to appear. A screenshot with the mob location would help though since cata 4 is rather big.
No comments about uniques so far. I will have to play more to see how things will be later with high mf...

Elafar
Paladin

Post by Elafar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:11 pm

I failed to get screen shoot, but Tim was located somewhere in the middle of whole Map.

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:23 am

Montex" wrote:Im not too sure about runewords. v4.4c should have AD on those as well. Can someone confirm / deny that?
Here's Mist from 4.4C:
Screenshot001.jpg
Patiently DOES have CtC AD in my version of ZERB (that's runewords database for 4.4C, I think you can download it from the wiki).
btw I don't know if it was intended or not, but 10 to life after each kill on some runewords (Harken, Mist etc.) is brilliant.
Montex" wrote:I will have to play more to see how things will be later with high mf...
Something like this :P
Screenshot002.jpg

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:59 am

I get a constant error trying to make at least two charms of making in a row:
Chom_fail.jpg
(I hope it won't cause another wipe)

Kaelan in Tal Rasha's tomb:
Screenshot014.jpg
Also I get an impression that the last summon is weaker than the rest. For example, at lvl 60 skill dire wolf I can summon 8 of them but later there are only 7. You'd expect their number to shrink eventually but it doesn't happen.

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:26 pm

In version 4.4C of Zy-El Magic/Rare and higher grade items didn't need to be indentified prior to use with Magic Collector to get points. In 4.5 it needs to be indentified.

I don't complain that is in this way but it is worth to mention it (I think...)

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Ok i think I found something tthat went wrong. I just tried cubing 5 common scrolls with a magic charm, and nothing happened. I tried both unided and ided magical charms. Hell, I even tried it with GREY charms, yet nothing. Anyone else getting this problem?

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:28 pm

LawofJohn" wrote:Ok i think I found something tthat went wrong. I just tried cubing 5 common scrolls with a magic charm, and nothing happened. I tried both unided and ided magical charms. Hell, I even tried it with GREY charms, yet nothing. Anyone else getting this problem?
If you want upgrade them, the recipe is:

[Common Cube Scroll] x6 + [mag Charm] = new [Uncommon Cube Scroll]

or

[Common Cube Scroll] x4 + [mag Charm] + [Elixir] = new [Uncommon Cube Scroll]

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 pm

patch 11:
tal rasha tomb size 36 -> 30; lava river 30 -> 24
tweaked some monster skills thaat did very little damage.
stashed gold from 500k / lvl to 400k / lvl to prevent integer overflow around lvl 10000 (4bil < 2^32).
tower 4-5 mobs / tal rasha chamber mobs fixed
summon cost increased
chom crash fixed

"last summon". my guess would be that the last summon disappears when you level up because all items are reequipped and the skill level drops below level 60.
I don't have any trouble collecting unidentified items. the only change is that magic (blue) armors and weapons can not be collected at all.
Cube scroll upgrade recipe was changed in 4.5.
Is the screenshot with the drop in worldstone keep 1 from path 10 or from earlier patches?

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 pm

it was changed? to what if i may ask?

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Montex" wrote:Is the screenshot with the drop in worldstone keep 1 from path 10 or from earlier patches?
Yes, that's before the wipe. I think I wrote a post mentioning insane rare drops. Well, it was meant as a joke anyway because it certainly had to be fixed.
Montex" wrote:"last summon". my guess would be that the last summon disappears when you level up because all items are reequipped and the skill level drops below level 60.
Not necessarily, though it might be the case. Anyway, I can count only on x-1 summons where x is the number of summons specified in the skill description. We'll see how things are in the latest patch :cool:

Thanks for the patch \o/

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:03 pm

ok its 9 common scrolls -> uncommon, ok i got it now. Finaly read the Documention lol :P

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Please don't change the size of the areas, especially the really big ones like the True Tomb and River of Flame, and the early big ones, like Den of Evil... those are part of the inherent charm of Zy-El; part of its "calling card," if you will. :D

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:26 am

I've just done River of Flame and got lost as usual :) it doesn't feel downsized at all.

And I'm with Clersius on this one. Vast areas, "dungeon crawling", sudden death from a very fast monster when you lost focus for a moment - I hope it all won't be lost :)

EDIT: I'd like to know a couple of things :( why charge 45k for full rejuvenation - 60k for Harrogath? We don't get food anymore so collecting it and crafting whatever potion you need is no longer an option. Mana potions don't drop that often so... I don't know what rationale is behind it. And frost giants are now practically impossible to kill. I noticed that giant class monsters have auras - fire giants, cyclops and frost giants. However, frost giants seem to have a lot more hp than even diablo and mefisto taken together plus the freezing aura. it takes 10 dire wolves with 45k damage, spamming tornado, a couple of full rejuvenation potions and about a minute to take down just one (players 8 setting). Please nerf their hp and hp regen.

Damn, seems like I'll have to finish the act 5 on players 1 setting for open areas :(

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”