Dark Alliance preview version released

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

Kothorg

Re: Dark Alliance preview version released

Post by Kothorg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am

hey sorry to be a bother but im new to this forum....the only mod ive played is median and i found the link for this site on the median site and i like median so i figured id try some others and i was wondering how exactly do i get this one working

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Kothorg" wrote:hey sorry to be a bother but im new to this forum....the only mod ive played is median and i found the link for this site on the median site and i like median so i figured id try some others and i was wondering how exactly do i get this one working
You install it basically in same way as Median. Now, DA require 1.10 patch to run. There is short explanation in the readme file aswell if I remember right.

kazein
Paladin

Post by kazein » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 pm

I don't want to re-install my D2 to check it out, can someone please upload a youtube sample of the gameplay?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:52 pm

kazein" wrote:I don't want to re-install my D2 to check it out, can someone please upload a youtube sample of the gameplay?
you have the ingame demo here. But, suppose you seen it already. Don't know if anyone made any in-game youtube video :)

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:10 pm

just for your information: the file with the music seems corrupt (several downloads, all with the same effect), the one without music is ok :)
i downloaded at moddb + fileplanet
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:28 pm

moscitor" wrote:just for your information: the file with the music seems corrupt (several downloads, all with the same effect), the one without music is ok :)
i downloaded at moddb + fileplanet
Thanks, will look into it and get that file corrected.

harktu
Bulgaria

Post by harktu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 am

the link with no music was broken and i found some links on fileplanet maybe someone can need

preview with music

Code: Select all

http://www.gamefront.com/files/15185125/Dark_Alliance_0.04.08.04_with_music.exe/
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/d/a/darkalli/darkalliance/downloads/Dark_Alliance_0.04.08.04_with_music.exe
preview non music

http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/d/a/darkalli/darkalliance/downloads/Dark_Alliance_0.04.08.04_non_music.exe
music addon

http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/d/a/darkalli/darkalliance/downloads/Dark_Alliance_Music_Addon.exe
Last edited by harktu on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks for the links harktu. Will add those to topic.

partridge420x

Post by partridge420x » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:58 am

:(
Untitled.png
Error Message
Untitled.png (7.68 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
When i installed, and ran the .vbs file i got a "Game.exe-Ordinal not found, the ordinal 84 could not be located in the dynamic link library C: (my game directory) Please help this seems like an awesome mod id really like to try out

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:32 am

partridge420x" wrote::(
Untitled.png
When i installed, and ran the .vbs file i got a "Game.exe-Ordinal not found, the ordinal 84 could not be located in the dynamic link library C: (my game directory) Please help this seems like an awesome mod id really like to try out
What version do you run on diablo? (dark alliance is only for 1.10).

Also, what is your OS?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:28 pm

ummm,maybe a stupid question but will it be able to run on XP??? is it a D2SE plugin or should i install it on top of normal D2???never run a mod with vbs so don't know...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:49 am

Lucifer666" wrote:ummm,maybe a stupid question but will it be able to run on XP??? is it a D2SE plugin or should i install it on top of normal D2???never run a mod with vbs so don't know...
the preview version runs in winXP (then I dev the preview version I was running winxp myself). Because way I coded preview version it's saddly not D2SE compatible, but next public release will be compatible with it.

Use the installer and decide where you want to install da. Then you run the vbs file and it will do the rest for you. The only catch is that you need to have 1.10 patch installed, else it wont work.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:23 pm

heh...installed on Mods folder of D2SE and got no problems with running it...a pretty interesting level up system,tell me do the costs for skills and stats grow or are static??? didn't level anything yet...there's a bunch of spelling errors,intro of the book should be better since there are some incomprehensible sentences...playing a druid for now...

Edit: Whoah,had to run from the Den...didn't succed in killing the boss in front of the Den either,almost clvl 5 now,gonna wait till i unlock clvl 6 skills before trying again...what clvl do you recomend for the Den??? Also any way of increasing the stash window???in other mods every page is at least 10x10 squares,seems small for me and will need to use much more pages this way...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:heh...installed on Mods folder of D2SE and got no problems with running it...a pretty interesting level up system,tell me do the costs for skills and stats grow or are static??? didn't level anything yet...there's a bunch of spelling errors,intro of the book should be better since there are some incomprehensible sentences...playing a druid for now...

Edit: Whoah,had to run from the Den...didn't succed in killing the boss in front of the Den either,almost clvl 5 now,gonna wait till i unlock clvl 6 skills before trying again...what clvl do you recomend for the Den??? Also any way of increasing the stash window???in other mods every page is at least 10x10 squares,seems small for me and will need to use much more pages this way...
Good it runs with D2SE, as far as I remember dev of D2SE told me it didn't work with it. But, possible only issue for those who run vista/win 7 (as preview version have ASLR issues and loads of them too, as then we coded it none was aware microsoft would suddenly change adress from static allocation to random allocation as they did with vista/win 7).

Boss infront of Den is a legendary boss (who is there only sometimes). He is intended to be beat down by around level 6-8 players depend on skills you use. He is more there to scare away players then meant to be beaten down :)

To beat den of evil as far as I can remember you should be able to do around level 4-5. Balance have changed alot since preview version so it's possible it will be very tough at that level. I have tuned down balance early on to not be to harsh in the next public release.

For skill cost I had to look into my old preview skillcost.txt file. In preview version there is no scaling for cost, it's same for each level (if I haven't done code that increase it, impossible to tell as I have changed code many times since then). In next public release there will be a larger initial cost on skill, then cost less per level to rank up (skills will be capped at rank 5 (for passives, and some skills that have no reason to be capped higher) and 10 (for all other skills) also, this for new classes added, for older classes once they get reworked they will follow same system).

For stat cost as far as I remember in preview version cost will increase.

You can earn legendary points from level up, from complete quests, and possible other ways too (long time since I dev the preview version so have forgot what's in that build and not).

For stash it have been intended kept smaller to avoid issues related with have to many itemss. There is other mods that get issues like that because they increased all inventories to max and passed file limit that can store the items in.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:13 am

well seems like the skill cost increases as well,bought Raven at 150 LP,next level was 200 LP...also got a prob,i was running your mod in Full Screen always,third time i tried to run it it made the game go windowed,after that all my other mods ware running windowed no matter what i did...had to reinstall the entire game so that i can run other mods in full screen...could you remove the option to play windowed???

Also i only installed in MODS Folder of D2SE,i am still running the game with your vbs...D2SE does not register your mod as it's plugin and can not be run with it...

I bite down hard

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:well seems like the skill cost increases as well,bought Raven at 150 LP,next level was 200 LP...also got a prob,i was running your mod in Full Screen always,third time i tried to run it it made the game go windowed,after that all my other mods ware running windowed no matter what i did...had to reinstall the entire game so that i can run other mods in full screen...could you remove the option to play windowed???

Also i only installed in MODS Folder of D2SE,i am still running the game with your vbs...D2SE does not register your mod as it's plugin and can not be run with it...
The vbs script should ask you if you want run it in window mode/or full screen. I have never been aware that it would set other mods to window mode. If that happens you could always try run the script again and choose full screen to see if it solves the issue.

I can also make a script that never ask for window mode and upload it so you can get it. Will look into it this evening.

EDIT2:

You can download modified script here. This removes option to choose and runs in fullscreen only.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:40 pm

DLed it,still did not try it...hoprfully tommorow...

Edit: works fine...The Adepts Way Quest Scroll is given as soon as you talk with Kashya,and is then given a second time as soon as you speak with her again,she said Cain told me to... and i did not even do the Den yet let alone Rescue Cain...Will keep you updated once i get further in the game...

I bite down hard

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:DLed it,still did not try it...hoprfully tommorow...

Edit: works fine...The Adepts Way Quest Scroll is given as soon as you talk with Kashya,and is then given a second time as soon as you speak with her again,she said Cain told me to... and i did not even do the Den yet let alone Rescue Cain...Will keep you updated once i get further in the game...
Yeah it's a bug with quest rewards in some cases in preview version. That will give you reward twice.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 am

I did not take the second scroll...will i still receive two rewards???

Anyway started writing down everything that bothers me,will write it here later since my gaming rig does not have access to internet...

I bite down hard

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:I did not take the second scroll...will i still receive two rewards???

Anyway started writing down everything that bothers me,will write it here later since my gaming rig does not have access to internet...
In most cases the rewards itself will never give you it twice, bug is related to have another speech appear (i.e first time visiting the npc). So early quest stages will sometimes give multiple rewards where second scroll is almost always happens.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:58 pm

OK...be ready for a wall of text now...no hard feelings Kingpin,your mod is a jewel but sadly still unpolished...

1.There are many typos in added NPC speech and in Skill Descriptions...

2.Paladin - Sacrifice Skill should deal 8% of CURRENT Life to Self to avoid players Suiciding(Eastern Sun Mod did this and it actually made the skill playable with a high end weapon)...
- Acid Bolt in Skill Description in Skill Requirement states 26 DEX along the prereq Skill,and in Stat Requirement 23 DEX...
- Explosive Crush has a Skill Requirement of Explosive Crush???WTF???
- Blessing does not have Duration Listed...
- Conviction has no effects listed apart the radius...
3.Sorceress - Blizzard Sphere has no duration listed,how does it work???
- Chant of Souls the same as above...
- Healing should be only usable on player since the sorc already got Heal Other for Merc and Minions...It makes no sense to have two identical skills in the skill tree and Heal Other is usable only on others so...
- Short Staffs can come with serious boosts to Lvl 1 Skills and yet no Lvl Req at all even with +3 to a Lvl 1 Skill...
4.Druid - Summon Elemental are all identical in stats(dmg,HP,mana cost...)higher tiers of summons should be better in stats and more expensive to cast...
- Bestial Resilience,Geyser and Werewolf have no mana cost listed...
- Druidic Blood has no Duration...seems to work like Bone Armor...
- Forest Burn giving no EXP per Kill is NOT COOL...neither Sorc or Pally have a skill that does not give EXP per kill,either remove that or give the other Chars a skill which gives no EXP per kill...and that is the only spammable spell the Druid has until Clvl 12 man...
5.ALL Chars - To Hit and Be Hit is not shown when you hover with mouse over the appropriate spot...
6.Chipped Emerald has ADD 1-2 Dmg listed twice in weapon properties...
7.Cold Plains Cave Lvl 1 Minimap is screwed,and basically non existent...
8.Tristram Minimap shows a Second Portal(Arcane Sanctuary type)next to the one you use to get there,but on the Map there is nothing there...
9.Almor Talisman Subquest does not comlete when you bring it to Akara,you get the completion dialog in which she rewards you,but in inventory the quest item stays and nothing new is added...
10.Only Fire Merc available???checked Kashya multiple times and she only offered Fire variant???
11.Why is the Dmg of Short Bow reduced??? It was pathetic before and now even more so...
12.Kaysha Boneshard Arrows should be Kashya...
13.Cube's inside is not increased???Why???How the hell am i supposed to lug all the loot around???
14.Veteran Packs seem to be too large,a Melle Char has no chance of survival right now...
15.Akara says the Book can hold a limited number of pages so to chose wisely when adding pages...Why do we have no choice on the matter???The Page you read to see what it is is automatically added to the Book...
16.Skills increase by it's base cost for every level you purchase,aren't High End Skills gonna be hard to pump this way???
17.How Much Legendary Points is possible to get by max level if you do everything you can???Stats should maybe have a static cost for upgrading,Vitality is ridiculously more expensive than anything else,and being the most important that should not be the case...every level of energy you buy increases the cost of next one by 25,i suppose all stats work that way???
18.Fallens are OP...Fallen Shaman drops from 3 Throwing Daggers most of the time,but Fallens,yes those lowly red bastard,the most basic of Foes,is able to hit for 30 HP !!!AND takes between 8 and 15 Throwing Daggers...i would suggest lowering their dmg some and transferring a piece of their HP to their Shamans,Shamans are pathetic the way they are...
19.Melle is very PUNISHING...tried it for a while and gave up...even the stinking Goblins hit hard...
20.My Druid is now Clvl 10.............it was VERY painfull to gain those levels...had to steal the scroll from Treehead without killing him,and trust me by the time i get to him in any other mod i AM ABLE to kill him...not here...then i barely somehow killed Rakanishu...and then i had to steal Cain from the Butcher without killing 90% of the mobs in Tristram...NEVER have i left living monsters in my wake until now...well,didn't die once thanks to my playing habits...

All in all pretty much unbalanced the way it is...i can see people playing only Sorcs in your mod if nothing is done...even i am tempted,but i dislike the Sorc cuz she is OP...Please take the time to answer to my questions,i preety much like your mod,but being unable to go into melle preety much kills this for me...i have been using throwing daggers from the moment i had one drop,that on clvl 2 i think,and i tried to melle some mobs(with a sword,club,axe) and it was pathetic,even now on Clvl 10...on Clvl 5 i was barely able to hit Goblins every other time...a pack of Veteran Dark Swordwoman(whatever) could pown me in a matter of seconds...just saying that aint cool...

Also i must ask...did you try your mod yourself???if not you should see first hand what i am talking about...

I bite down hard

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:29 pm

These are well put arguments . I didnt see points 1 and 4 becose I dont play Pala and Druid after I saw How my barb was pwned . In my 1 week I found pretty much inpossible to create something other than a glass cannon dmg dealer with a lot of hp . Veteran Packs are defeateble with kiting , but thats not what you want for a new player to experience on normal ...
Old mods where hard like this , I don't know should I say imbalanced anymore becose people feel balance in different ways BUT this felt really annoying .
Anyway , any feedback is a good feedback so I guess Kingpin will look more into it .

Small but quality review lucifer , hard to read something well writen from a veteran these days so I liked it a lot .
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Dark Alliance, is maybe one of the biggest projects ever made in this community. I`ve enjoyed this mod pretty much back in the time, but the reason why I stopped is because of a too many random errors, caused by too many code changes done. Anyway projects like Dark Aliance by Kingpin and Nefarius` Metalstorm, are maybe the the ones with most drastic changes to the game, which makes them actually fun to play, because Diablo II is an old game, and these changes make it like a brand new Expansion. Same is with Xaphan`s mod, the upside of his project is that it is released, so it could be tested and debugged after. So with all my respect to Kingpin I want to encourage him, finish his absolutely great project, or at least a preview version, since as I`m aware the mod is completely different from the last preview version he released. Or at least a few screenshots could make as kind of expecting it, since we haven`t seen anything from a while.

Kind regards ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Great with some good response.

First preview version is very old, so some issues you listed have been fixed for sure, but some is new for me as others haven't noticed those (and not me myself either).

Existing Classes:
The 3 old classes in preview version was the first I made, and most of them are made back in 2004 then I could implement the skills in way blizzard allowed them. In general I'm not satisfied with how the classes ended up. As I feel those could been made alot better. My original goal was to stick with Blizzards skills and add new. But, with dev of Barbarian/Necromancer I changed the goal and did those classes from scratch and I like those both alot better and is closer goal I have with the classes. All 3 preview version classes will be revamped at some point after next public release is out.

1). I think I have got corrected most typos in NPC speech (I have had some people helped correct it during internal test). Skill descriptions on the other hand haven't been touch much since preview version as far as I can remember.

2). Paladin:
- Sacrifice Skill: It's easy tweak the numbers for high end play. I'm pretty sure many skills will need tweaks like this once DA reach that stage.
- Stat Requirements is removed completely from skills since preview version. As I felt stat requirements is out of place to have on skills.
- Explosive Crush require itself is a bug. (have been corrected in internal version to require smite instead).
- Blessing not listing duration is a bug. (have also been corrected to display duration).
- Conviction is a bug not display what it does. This haven't been corrected yet, so have take a note to add this is next internal build.

3). Sorceress:
- Blizzard sphere is treated as a minion and stay close around you and cast own lightning skill to damage enemies.
- Chant of Souls: You will get a buff that will trigger the mana drain effect then kill monsters.
- Healing that allows heal others is a buff, is only intended to heal yourself (and have been corrected in internal version).
- Short staffs (and class items in general) in preview version is very unbalanced. I will need to check if internal version adds requirement or not. else it's a good point to balance that.

4). Druid:
- Summon Elemental. You are right those have identical stats. It's an oversight those never got balanced. I think they still are in this stage in current internal build. So, will correct this.
- Bestial Resilence is a bug not list mana cost. I notice it's still bugged then check druid out in internal build. so will correct this.
- Geyser is also a bug it doesn't list mana cost. Checked this one out and noticed it's still bugged so will correct this.
- Werewolf is also a bug it doesn't list mana cost. Checked this one out and noticed it's still bugged so will correct this.
- Druidic Blood. You are right this works like Bone Armor. This doesn't have any duration so last as long as it haven't absorbed enough damage.
- Forest Burn. In preview version this didn't give any experience. You are right that's not cool at all. I didn't finish the code for experience part in preview version. But, this do gives experience in internal build. Else I would removed the skill for sure. It's same for Pally (that skill gives xp now also).

5). Hit/Be Hit wasn't ready to be displayed in preview version because of a bug I had. So, was better have it disabled until it got fixed. In current build it list chance to hit, but not change to get hit. Character screen still have code that isn't finished (mainly damage related display).

6) Chipped Eemerald listed twice is a bug that have been corrected in current internal build.

7) Cold plan map missing is a more tricky one. Because I use a map layout that doesn't exist in act 1 saddly map will be missing. It's on todo to add a correct map to this area (and other areas that missing map).

8) Tristram minimap. I'm not sure if map is bugged still or if it have been corrected. Will need to check this up.

9) Almor Talisman subquest: I'm pretty sure there is some subquests bugged in preview version. As far as I know most subquests have been fixed in current internal build.

10) In preview version only fire mercs is available. I have added more options in current internal build.

11) I'm using a special itemization system in general for add everything in game. So, if anything feels to weak I can easy adjust the formula and correct all weapons (range as example) to feel balanced. Basically damage is based on where weapon is around. There is alot of different itemtypes (some dropped from certain type of monsters) and there will be "short bow" type of weapons that is alot better then basic one.

12) Kaysha Boneshard Arrow is a type, it have been corrected in the current internal build.

13) I have been against to increase inventory spaces in general. I have been worked on a different inventory storage system in past (but far from finished). I have been playing abit around have a bag system (similar to world of warcraft). Where you can increase your inventory size with crafting. But, as code not complete yet I haven't decided how I go with this. Atleast you have stash to store all stuff as I support plugy in da.

14) Veteran packs: You are right that melee characters have a very hard time in preview version. In current internal build melee characters have alot better to grow themself to survive as fine as sorc have (sorc is by the way very unbalanced currently). I have lowered the difficulty in general up to level 10. I do feel blood more still is abit to harsh for fresh characters in current build (even if it's very different in balance compare to preview version). Veteran packs in general is a pain and have been corrected in some ways in current build to feel like a more fair challenge.

15) Book of story: There is so few pages that can drop currently in preview version. So choices doesn't matter and to be fair, I'm not liking this idea at all currently. So, expect this to be changed in future.

16) Current skillsystem with 20 ranks is limiting you more then give you options. In current internal build for barbarian/necromancer. Skills that have a reason will have 10 ranks, all other skills is limited to 5 ranks (mostly passives, buff skills). I haven't converted the other classes to use this, as I feel it's better I revamp the existing classes instead. Buy the initial level of the skill will cost most LP, rank skill up will be alot less expensive and allow you to choose more.

17) Max level in preview version is low (I have forgot where I capped it). In current internal build max cap is 40 and will be raised once I add more chapters. It's hard to say where max LP will be in the end. But, you will have enough to get interesting builds and not restricted to 2-3 max skills. As stats aren't part of any requirements (besides equip items) I'm not sure if I should make static cost. It's possible cost have been re-tuned since preview version. I have made so many changes since preview version so hard remember all :)

18) Fallen/Fallen shaman have been rebalanced (like many other monsters) since preview version. We will see how you feel it in next public version. If anything feels bad/odd I always try to correct it.

19) Paladin is melee that do well with right skills. I did the manual adjustments then played paladin and tweaked the numbers. that in the end showed it was very wrong. As paladin could survive alot better it made druid very weak. As I probably mentioned before I have a system for how I balance the numbers, depend where they are located, what their level are. After that part is done I do manual tweaks. Then you get passed the first areas as melee it will feel better in preview version (even if it's not acceptable to have to work alot harder early on as melee then sorc have). You will be needed to have luck on drops also to get passed where it feels hard and feels acceptable. I think the later part of preview version is alot better balanced the early part.

20) I see you did the painful leveling with your druid. The superunique bosses is to punishing early on, and have been tuned down since preview version.

All in all pretty much unbalanced the way it is...i can see people playing only Sorcs in your mod if nothing is done...even i am tempted,but i dislike the Sorc cuz she is OP...Please take the time to answer to my questions,i preety much like your mod,but being unable to go into melle preety much kills this for me...i have been using throwing daggers from the moment i had one drop,that on clvl 2 i think,and i tried to melle some mobs(with a sword,club,axe) and it was pathetic,even now on Clvl 10...on Clvl 5 i was barely able to hit Goblins every other time...a pack of Veteran Dark Swordwoman(whatever) could pown me in a matter of seconds...just saying that aint cool...

Also i must ask...did you try your mod yourself???if not you should see first hand what i am talking about...
Thanks for your post I apprentice it alot. It's always good get response, I hope my answers is satisfying, otherwise feel free ask more and I will try answer them.

I know preview version was very unpolished, but I wanted release something's at that point instead of let you all wait (I know it take to long time between my releases).

I wouldn't make the mod if I didn't play it myself. I always try spend as much time as possible between each internal release I do. This, as I know myself what bugs to look after e.tc. and see how mod/quests/items e.tc plays out. I have played all classes alot myself also.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 pm

wow...just wow..for a moment i was afraid i would get flamed for my post...thank you all very much...especially Kingpin,didn't really expect for you to actually answer all of the points in my previous post and am thankfull you took the time...now i can't wait for the next version...gonna continue grinding for some more levels...there was also more i wanted to write in my previous post,but will save that for when i find some more bugs...

and as for Druid as my choice,i made him first,as Summoners are somehow the best for getting to feel how the mod plays out,and since i tried to melle some with him i knew that a Paladin would be a painfull stroll in the park...and for Sorc,all i needed was to take a look at her skills to conclude i could walk all over the monsters in a very short amount of time,that's why i didn't play with her after i got my first level with her...and even playing as a summoner it's tough...that is not bad,but currently it is to tough even for a summoner...

Edit: Damn...i just now realized there was a patch...which i did NOT apply...god damn...gonna DL it now and give it a test run tomorrow...

I bite down hard

Return to “Dark Alliance”