Concepts / Ideas

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Cedvan77

Re: Concepts / Ideas

Post by Cedvan77 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Hello,
Is it the possibility to cube runes ? or not ? do you plan to implement it ?
I begin to have a nice amounts of beginning runes, and i cannot use theim.

Other, could you implement cube runes plan of same type ? Now on i have 4 differents plans for sorceres hat... would be nice to cube them in one plan with the 4 formules. Everything which could diminue the amounts of crafting things is welcome :P

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun May 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Cedvan77" wrote:Hello,
Is it the possibility to cube runes ? or not ? do you plan to implement it ?
I begin to have a nice amounts of beginning runes, and i cannot use theim.

Other, could you implement cube runes plan of same type ? Now on i have 4 differents plans for sorceres hat... would be nice to cube them in one plan with the 4 formules. Everything which could diminue the amounts of crafting things is welcome :P
Runes can't be cubed. It's not like in vanilla when each rune is harder to get than the previous one. So it make no sence.

If by 'rune plans' you mean Mystic scrolls, then you can cube 2 from the same act to get an other random one from the same act.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 pm

While this is not directly a concept or idea, I would like to bring up a point. The crafting of custom jewels is a great thing and I kinda love the way it works at the moment. However, it is a very very clicky issue. In order to create one Jewel, I have to do the following (average numbers):

Buy jewel recipe
Buy three gem recipes
Buy 27 salvaging kits to salavage 9 normal, 9 magic and 9 rare items
Cube 27 items to salvage them
Cube 9 gems to create the dust
Cube the jewel

Thats quite a huge amount of clicks. It is OK to require some effort because this allows very strong stat stacking in items with 6 sockets, but maybe someone has an idea to make the effort less clicky and require something else instead.

CespenarTheButtler

Post by CespenarTheButtler » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Hey, I just started to play Le Royaume des Ombres and I really like your work. I really don't know much about the game yet, but here is an idea I got while I was playing: Class Masteries. Each character would have a class mastery page where they could spend class mastery points (different from skill points). Those points would be gained at higher levels (I don't know what is the level cap yet). On the class mastery page of each character, there would be 3 different branches, and on each of these branches there would be 5 Tiers. Each Tier would offer a choice of 2 to 3 class masteries (essentially passiv bonues, with some exeception). I have attached an example of what could be the class mastery page of the Necromancer. I have no idea if the values I wrote for some effect are overpowered or not, they only serve as an example.

Now say a player could get a total of 20 class mastery points. A Tier 1 mastery would cost 1 CMP (class mastery points). A Tier 2 mastery would cost 2 CMP, a Tier 3 mastery would cost 3 CMP and so on. In order to invest points in a Tier of a branch , the player would need to have at least on mastery of each preceding Tiers of the same branch. Example: A player with a Necromancer wants to get a Tier 4 mastery in the Death's Emissary branch. This player would need to have at least 1 Tier 3 mastery, 1 Tier 2 mastery, and 1 Tier 1 mastery, all of them in the Death's Emissary branch. Futhermore, spending points in a branch would not prevent the player to invest some other points in a different branch.

I think this system would work well with your mod if in the futur àthere is going to be nightmare and hell difficulties. Anyways that is just a suggestion. If you'r interested in some other class mastery page I got some worked out. (My english isn't really good. There are probably some mistakes in what I wrote),

-Cespenar gladly serves the Great One. Cespenar makes good buttler, yes?-

CespenarTheButtler

Post by CespenarTheButtler » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:50 pm

I don't know the required format to attach files , so here is the Necromancer example:

Branch 1: Death general:
Tier 1:
• +1 max number of necroskeletons
• +1 max number of zombies
• +1 max number of bats
Tier 2:
• Ghost becomes Wraith
• Mummy becomes Greater mummy
• Blood golem becomes Feast golem
Tier 3:
• The Chosen (Spell: Cast on a minor minion and make him The Chosen: double his stats and grants +10% defence to nearby allies. Only 1 Chosen can be active.)
• +20% to minions speed
• +20% to minions damage
Tier 4:
• +15% to minion elemental resistance
• Raising a minor minion infuriates other nearby minions: Minions get +20% to attack and +10% to movement speed. Last 20 seconds. Radius: 5 yards
Tier 5:
• The Chosen can now be cast on major minions
• Might damage bonus to minions is doubled. +100 Might

Branch 2: Dreadreaper:
Tier 1:
• +10% to poison and cold damage
• +2% to maximum life,+5% to all resists
• +15% to magic and fire damage
Tier 2:
• Poisoned or frozen enemies moves 20% slower
• +2% to maximum life, +5% attack speed
• +5% faster cast rate
Tier 3:
• -10% to enemy’s elemental resistance.
• +3% to maximum life, +3 seconds to the duration of Feast
• +5% physical damage, +1 hit to Fury
Tier 4:
• Master Vampire Form: x1.5 duration of Vampire Form, +20% defence ( or +5% chance to avoid attacks
• -2 to spells cooldown
Tier 5:
• Master Vampire Form adds +20% to attack, 10% to movement speed, 8% to maximum life
• Increase the radius of spells. +20% to spell damage

Branch 3: Death’s Emissary:
Tier 1:
• +2 seconds to the duration of hexes
• +2 to the radius of Well spells
• +10% to the effect of Hex and Well spells
Tier 2:
• Enemies affected by a Hex or by a Well move 10% slower
• +10% to the effect of Hex and Well spells
• +1 to the radius of Well and Hex spells
Tier 3:
• Enemies affected by a Hex or by a Well lose 10% or their attack speed
• +5 seconds to Hex spells duration
• Casting a Well near enemies has a 10% chance to make them flee
Tier 4:
• Reduces the mana cost of Hex and Well spells by 50%, but also decreases their effect by 15%
• Increases the effect of Hex and Well spells by 30%, but doubles their mana cost.
Tier 5:
• Well spells do not require a corpse.
• Casting a Hex releases around the Death’s Emissary a strong malediction. All enemies within 3 yards of the Death’s Emissary have a 25% chance to flee. Does not work on Bosses.

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Your mod is just awesome but why don't you add new monster's skins? When I see what you did in this mod,adding new skins should be really easy for you and very fun for us to see new monsters :)
(You did for act 2 boss right but I'm thinking about trash mob)

tchahin
Brazil

Post by tchahin » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:08 pm

My perception of this mod...

[SKILLS][CHARACTERS]
I loved the classes on this mod. They feel so refreshing after D2LOD and other mods.
Best skill design from all the mods I've played.
I love the skill system. Remembers me of Grim Dawn.
Skills are refreshing and you are able to obtain them from items too which I find very important
The one thing that I would bring to this mod is CHARACTER THEME COHESION.
If you choose Light Paladin skills you can't learn Dark Paladin skills and vice versa.
If you choose Cold skill tree you can't learn Fire skill tree.
This makes the characters feel more thematic and cohesive, unlike in some mods where the hero farts poisons, casts meteors and burps avalanches. Make no sense at all.

[VISUALS]
This mod has the best aesthetics of all D2 LOD mods. Characters don't look like clowns.
Everything is so polished and beautiful. The UI, items, monsters...

[SOUND]
The background music and special FX blend in so nicely to the game.
It's different from D2LOD and refreshing.

[TL;DR]
To me this is currently the best mod out there, the only flop being the english translation.

[SUGGESTIONS]
1. Give the necromancer 1 melee attack skill that boosts Attack Rating and Bleeds Enemies. It will create more build diversity by allowing a Melee Necro since low levels.
2. Make all melee weapons come with some degree of Area of Effect. Path of Diablo has an Splash Damage jewel.
Here we have 11% chance to make a shockwave on attack. Make it 100%.
Polearms should have the biggest splash, while daggers and katars should have the lowest splash range.
3. Like I said previously, do not allow fire characters to learn cold spells and so on, because it makes them a clown, UNLESS IT'S A SORCERESS which should be able to do it.

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Here's an idea:

I want to pay and/or raise some money for Xaphan to finish the mod.

I can also contribute my own time to make it happen. I am good in balancing and calculating stuff. Others are welcome to join in either or both ventures.

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”