Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

DKing

Re: Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instruct

Post by DKing » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Lurix" wrote:I used Windows 8.1 for a very short period of time (just to see the advantages.disadvantages), but from what I remember it was not coming with any simple text editor, like Notepad. Make sure you have this, or else go download any text editor from the market, and try to open the Plugy.ini file.
It comes with NotePad. I can edit the text but I get "access denied" when trying to save the PlugY.ini file.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Join the crowd. After several clean installs of D2LOD using Stabby's install on page 1 every thing seems to work.
Can't do anything to PlugY Have other mods using D2SE and again can't make changes to PlugY.
Just loaded BFE with D2SE says PlugY-8 but no PlugY when you play. Working on.
Playing ES still get too many crashes and mercenary sticking. Gamble Filter and Preferences work.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 am

Dking

it depends...what OS are you running???Are you trying to edit it in it's install directory???Make sure that Read Only is not checked when you open the file to see properties...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

DKing

Post by DKing » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:16 am

Lucifer666" wrote:Dking

it depends...what OS are you running???Are you trying to edit it in it's install directory???Make sure that Read Only is not checked when you open the file to see properties...
I'm running Windows 8 (against my choice). I had to edit the permissions of the PlugY file to edit it so I can do so now. However, it will not run stably. Either I get an error message with D2 crashing, or PlugY crashes, or certain parts fail to load. The es300launcher method never gave me an issue on Vista or XP. But with Windows 8, it won't even load.

I think I'll chalk this up as a lost cause right now.

Randay

Post by Randay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:04 pm

why is there no d2se plugin? makes peoples lives that much easier

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 am

there is...did you bother to check out the D2SE thread???

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58201

EDIT

and since that page has not been updated,here is an even bigger collection of mods for D2SE...

http://snej.{No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}.org/forum/index.p ... #msg458514
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Monza Murcatto

Post by Monza Murcatto » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Running on Win7, followed all the instructions. I can get it to start, but once I select a character I get an unhandled exception and crash. This only happens with Eastern Sun, the regular game runs fine.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Perhaps this will help.
Right click short cut, then compatibility.
1.DON'T check "run program in compatibility mode for:"
2. Check :Disable desktop composition"
3. Check :Disable scaling on high DPS setting"
4. Check: "Run as Administrator"
You will have standard round health and energy balls.
Map changes every time.
**Lets you use gamble filter.
** If saving/leaving game or to change character you need to go back to desktop and start from shortcut.
Pain in the bottom but it works.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium.
LOD version 1.12
Used Stabbys instructions.

Monza Murcatto

Post by Monza Murcatto » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:10 am

I appreciate the reply, unfortunately it's a no-go. Same result.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 pm

A few more if you haven't done already
Did add to Start in \es300r don't use a back slash
Go to program files folder for es300r find game, right click, then compatibility. Make same as shortcut.
I also did it to game in diablo II folder.
Be sure to use shortcut for ES 300r V1.12
DONT use wide screen or any other shortcut.
It took me about six or seven clean downloads of Diablo 2 and LOD before it even work this well.
I have an old XP and it works but soooo slow.
Good luck.
EDIT: If all fails, you could try the mod Le Royaume des Ombres. The only problem there is that the dev is making massive changes. For balance and bugs. Any character made now wont be any good in update 6.00.
What I'm waiting on is Grim Dawn chapter 3 to be finished. You can play it as I have from the beginning, but started to get burnt out. When done, if ever it will no doubt be a super game. The Devs r putting their heart in it.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Has anyone else received any issues with the installer? Each time I've tried using it, it'll only install a small portion of the needed files. I've saved a copy of all the files prior to this happening, and yet when I put them into the es300r folder and start up the game, every time I create a character or click on an existing one, when I login in, the game crashes and comes up with the "unhandled exception" error code. The game worked before now I don't understand why it's not anymore :(

Maka

Post by Maka » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:43 am

I've posted this on the Troubleshooting thread, but since I'm using ES 1.12, maybe I should post it here.....

Well, it's that time of the year: I re-picked up ES....for the 3729487293th time. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to recover my old PK account, so I just created a new one. Also unfortunate: my old HDD crashed, so I'm starting from scratch. All those stockers......gone.

So, quick question: I'm playing Stabby's 1.12 version of ES (I can't seem to find that elusive mini-image, and my old LoD CD's went the way of the dodo; if anyone has the mini-image, it'd be appreciated), and the character screen has this annoying bug where I can only press the arrows to change page once. After that, when I click on them the page doesn't change and my character starts moving, as if the character screen wasn't there when I clicked on the arrow to change page. If I click on the arrows repeatedly, they sometimes work, but it's a pain. Is this a known bug?

Related to this: my character screen only has three pages. The 'classic' D2 page (with basic stats, skill damage, defense, AR, resists, etc); a page related to ele resists, max res, ele absorb, etc; and a page with other stats like DS, CB, mana and life steal/on kill/replenish/etc. Now, it's been at least a year and a half since I last played ES, but I distinctly remember it having more than 3 pages on the character screen. Is this a problem on my end? Is it a problem with the 1.12 version of ES? Or did ES never have more than 3 character screen pages?

Thanks a lot!

Maka

Post by Maka » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

I installed the 1.10 ES on another PC and the regular ES character screen is there, with its multiple pages.
What the heck's going on with my 1.12 ES install? So weird...

EDIT: reinstalled to C:\Diablo2 , just to rule out any conflicts regarding install paths. Still the same problems.

EDIT 2: upon further investigation, the 'problem' is the statsinterface.txt located in (...)\es300r\PlugY. Perhaps it is because the 1.12 ES uses a different version of PlugY than the one used in 'regular' ES, one that has less Character screen pages?
I also narrowed down the fact that the arrow buttons to navigate the Character screen pages don't really work very well to the MultiRes mod; when I switched back to 800x600, they worked fine.

Manondaun

Post by Manondaun » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I followed through the install instructions, struggled a bit with Win 7 compatibility, but ES mod wouldn't work for another reason. Into playing 5-15 mins, game crashes with message: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (c0000094). I tried playing vanilla for couple of hours and everything went well. I suppose there may be some incompatibility with 1.12a patch and ES or something, as this seem to always happen on item drop (be it when I kill a monster or open stash). Therefore I would expect it might be some incosistency in drop calculator/item database/etc.

Anyone experienced this before or know how to fix?

Thank you!

Llednar Twem

Post by Llednar Twem » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Unfortunately the downloader for the digital version of Diablo 2 seems to have been updated to give you version 1.14B, so the opening post should probably be updated to remove the claim that this will work perfectly with it. As someone running Windows 10 64bit who only owns a digital copy of the game, is it even at all possible for me to get this mod working? It sounds fantastic and I'd love to try it out, but I'm just not sure HOW.

Clariska

Post by Clariska » Tue May 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Llednar Twem" wrote:Unfortunately the downloader for the digital version of Diablo 2 seems to have been updated to give you version 1.14B, so the opening post should probably be updated to remove the claim that this will work perfectly with it. As someone running Windows 10 64bit who only owns a digital copy of the game, is it even at all possible for me to get this mod working? It sounds fantastic and I'd love to try it out, but I'm just not sure HOW.
Well if you have diablo 2 installed with plugy in diablo II\plugy\cores there's all versions up until 1.13c just do a manual roll back.

gunmaker001

Post by gunmaker001 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:31 pm

it only took me three hells to login! (consdiering theres no password or accountrecovery button xD)
>>permanent ultimate solution using ALL the techniques to makea perfectly playable diablo 2 (any version and or eastern sun mod) any system any browser(etc) virtual drive
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/

your welcome. gunmaker guardian of secondlife.
ps my paypal is geniusthemaster@yahoo.com, not that i didnt go through hell far more just to upload that sob xD
p.p.s COMPLETELY LEGAL requires the expansion disk.. and the copyright died 8 years ago dum-masses xD

dis astranagant

Post by dis astranagant » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:06 am

gunmaker001" wrote:it only took me three hells to login! (consdiering theres no password or accountrecovery button xD)
>>permanent ultimate solution using ALL the techniques to makea perfectly playable diablo 2 (any version and or eastern sun mod) any system any browser(etc) virtual drive
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/

your welcome. gunmaker guardian of secondlife.
ps my paypal is geniusthemaster@yahoo.com, not that i didnt go through hell far more just to upload that sob xD
p.p.s COMPLETELY LEGAL requires the expansion disk.. and the copyright died 8 years ago dum-masses xD
And it crashes in act 2 whenever you hit the charged bolt bugs.

grinninglich

Post by grinninglich » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:10 pm

I have prepared a page for Eastern Sun in Kirmizi Perfect:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/diablo-i ... n-sun-mod/

mostard
Canada

Re: Eastern Sun for Diablo II v1.12a -- Installer + Instructions

Post by mostard » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Please repost manual install files. :OOO: :OOO: :OOO:

Ahh see here's what's cool. . .

The offline installer is a self extractor with those files. Gg.

Return to “Eastern Sun”