Le Royaume des Ombres 5.03 - Features and Download

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres 5.03 - Features and Download

Post by kingpin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:34 pm

NikafieNd" wrote:Hello Xaphan,

I had a sudden craving for your mod today and found it's been update! yay. My heart sunk alittle at the mention that it's not working on windows xp, but i tried it anyway..
It seems to work fine for me on Windows XP, very strange but just thought you should know.

Looking forward to testing stuff out in this update :)
Latest patch fixed the windows xp issues, I figured out what part in my code that needed to be recoded, and also major part was that I used a compiler that didn't support all xp versions. So, I downgraded and used an older compiler that have full xp support.

So, if anyone still have issues with get it work with winxp I'm very interested to know that.

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:38 am

Hello. I'm having a blast with this mod. I am however stuck in Act 3 with no clue what to do. I just formed the elemental mirror and I do not know where to go to use it. It claims i need the power of the altar of elements.

The furthest waypoint I have is waystruck. I have come to call this safezone waystuck instead.
I have completed the first 2 quests of this act.

I'm sure that I have simply missed a step...but i have concluded that I am in fact....waystuck.

Any help would be wayawesome.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am

Just go south from Waystuck,and follow the path. The Altar of elements is very near Waystuck.

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Ok, here is what I am working with. There are four sanctuary's that all had pieces of the elemental mirror. There was no exit or any altar I could find in this map.

ON the plus side, I have gained a lot of levels in search of this elusive altar of elements.

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Ok, Nevermind. I found it.

I'm waystupid.

*innocent look*

NikafieNd

Post by NikafieNd » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 am

So I've been putting a bit more effort into finding hidden/secret areas this time playing, Sp far I've found a few map walls where my Static Spear travels through and I'm assuming i may be able to teleport past the wall at these locations, Only problem is I don't have a teleport skill on Huntress..
Is it possible to add Teleport Charges as an affix/suffix onto staffs like Vanilla had? or maybe a runeword that gives teleport charges? I'm really curious about these walls I've found.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am

Something like that is planned. I just don't know when :)

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:38 pm

So, my game constantly crashes when I am inside of the the Domain of Suffering in ACT V. I honestly have no clue what is crashing the game. I just thought I would voice it.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:23 am

Try ressetting the map (enter a multiplayer game and go back to single player). This will force the game to re-choose an other map, and there is a chance it will take one that do not crash. There is also a chance that the game will take the same map but just try doing it till it no longer crash :)

I'm aware of this bug, but yet have to find what cause it.

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 am

I will give it a try! *crosses fingers*

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:41 am

Could anyone point me in the direction of how to find or extract the string files? I've decided to try my hand at modding and I can't seem to find a good tutorial. I managed to get the text files but not the string files. I tried using winmpq...but alas, i could not figure it out.

I apologize if this isn't the proper place to be asking this, but any port in a storm...

NikafieNd

Post by NikafieNd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 pm

I may have somethings i used years and years ago(9-10 years) when i played with modding on ShadowDiablo, But theres probably new better stuff now. Alot of the stuff i wanted to do needed some paid program from what i remember, But it looks like all that kinda stuff it easy to get now from looking at the resources on this site.

I found a guide on my storage HDD but it's to big to upload here :( so I uploaded it to filedropper if youo're the trusting type http://www.filedropper.com/modmakingguide and 3 other tools in that same folder named AFJTable Editor, AFJSheet Editor and WinMPQ. It's to long ago to remember but I'm assuming i used them for something in modding, You can maybe google them :)

falsedragon

Post by falsedragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:59 pm

I remember planet diablo had a great, easy to follow, tutorial. I remember a lot of what I learned back in the day....but a few of the important things....I can't figure out lol

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”