HC Challenge for myself...

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Re: HC Challenge for myself...

Post by Billybgame » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:13 am

Not sure what happened to us doing this, but I plan to continue this at some point. I was having serious fun with a few of these characters, especially the melee Necro.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:29 pm

yea,it is nice for a change to know that your char is history if you die...I too will play them again,don't have much time to play anymore...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:yea,it is nice for a change to know that your char is history if you die...I too will play them again,don't have much time to play anymore...
Matter of fact, after I finished the last act with my Finder's Keeper character, I started these up again....they're all approaching Duriel

Edit:

Duriel was demolished by all of my 7. Not much worry, really, on p5, for all. Will wait here a bit....dislike act 3.....got to make final decisions on merc choices.....and want to do a lot of gear upgrades soon. Might work on Finder's Keepers some more, next.

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 28 Kurast- Arctic full set, hoping for Gabrielle's
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 28 Kurast - Autolycus set and Supercharged Rod...Motoko's next
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 28 Kurast - Berserkers set....needs better
Druid: MickeyRourke - Arctic Blast to Creeping Doom/Golems/ - Level 28 Kurast - Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash - Lvl 28 Kurast....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - B Hammer/Zeal to....Fist of Heavens - Level 28 Kurast - Milebraga's and Autolycus sets..upgrading soon
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Enchantress/Time Stop - Level 28 Kurast.....Poseiden's Trident, Auto set and L of Luck.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Edit: All my actors/actresses have defeated Mephisto, and will rest a bit:) Still working on the middling sets for many of these guys.....we're getting there. The Paladin got very lucky, on his, with the Tyrael's armor dropping, when it was the last thing needed!:) I'm guess many others will be AS 5'd.

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 33 - Arctic full set, hoping for Gabrielle's
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 33 - Autolycus set and Supercharged Rod...Motoko's next
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 34 - Berserkers set....needs better
Druid: MickeyRourke - Creeping Doom/Minions/ - Level 33 - Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash/Golems - Lvl 33....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/Zeal to reclaim mana - Level 33 - Tyrael's and Autolycus sets.
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Enchantress/Time Stop - Level 33.....Poseiden's Trident, Auto set and L of Luck.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Argghh.....dang Sorceress died again.....all the other characters beat Diablo, and she was plugging along nicely, on the last and least worrying seal boss, Lachdanan....he was low on life.....I really didn't and don't even know what happened.....I was swinging away, looked up and suddenly had like 1 life and then was dead. Almost like my life steal quit on me.....or....wait a cotton picken minute......maybe my mana shield wore out.? Not sure, but it was sudden and most unexpected. I was worried about big D, with less than 400 life. Very frustrating as the other two seal boss packs are much harder, and we did them ok, if not creatively.

Well, we shall see when I want to give this more time again and run a new Sorc all the way to catch up again.

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 39 - Arctic full set, hoping for Gabrielle's
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 38 - Autolycus set and Supercharged Rod...Motoko's next
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 40 - Berserkers set....needs better
Druid: MickeyRourke - Creeping Doom/Minions/ - Level 39 - Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash/Golems - Lvl 39....foaming at the mouth for Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/Zeal to reclaim mana - Level 38 - Tyrael's and Autolycus sets.
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Enchantress/Time Stop - Level 38(Dead).....Poseiden's Trident, Auto set and L of Luck.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Perfect Rubys in Boots give massive Life and Iron Mainden on Struck,that is very usefull...

I think I'm gonna go back to this challenge for a while,it is kinda exciting when you only got one try...most of mine are at D in Nightmare,i think only two have did him in for now...gonna check later and play at least one them thru D...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Perfect Rubys in Boots give massive Life and Iron Mainden on Struck,that is very usefull...

I think I'm gonna go back to this challenge for a while,it is kinda exciting when you only got one try...most of mine are at D in Nightmare,i think only two have did him in for now...gonna check later and play at least one them thru D...
Sure, but I'm more concerned about what killed me in the first place. I never have issues with Lachdanan......then to die like that, with him down to a small amount of life....really sucks. Was targetting him, so as to kill them all, but one or two also were already dead.

Wasn't it the rule that we had to start with a different build, if a char died? Think I erred in doing the Enchantress more than once. Maybe in more ways than one:)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:37 am

doen't really matter as long as you have fun...only Druid and Necro are left in Act 4 Nightmare now...Druid is ready to take on D but Necro on the other hand is barely keeping himself in those areas...gonna have to work on his gear a little...

Edit:
Only Necromancer left to do...I actually put some points in Vit with him and Sorcs...actually everybody got at least 20 points in Vit...

Edit: And once more into the fray...Necro done D in Nightmare...with Assassin i rescued Anya...now i need to farm some more as i have acces to special areas with them now and it should be no prob even on p/8 for most of my crew,but the Domain reqires more dmg,so on to farming Act 5...

Been playing with ZyEl for a while...man the amount of grinding needed to make a decent char is simpli amazing and i got sick of it,my new Assassin in ZyEl now powns,but all those hours invested to make her strong...man,i don't think i will be making more than one of each class in that mod...

Edit: God damn me...I forgot i put in a rule that i gotta kill Baal in difficulty so that i can go to special areas...good thing i decided to check on the rules before going back to gaming or i would have broken my own rules...heh...god damn Baal,gonna kill him soon with all of them...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 am

I'm still around...good to see you still playing this. My laptop HD died...so that really set me back for awhile. Haven't even reinstalled D2 yet, but it's in the plans. Perhaps soon, you'll hear from me again.

DustLy14

Post by DustLy14 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:58 pm

about 4 years ago I had a lvl 100 hc barb and 100 hc druid on es (when the server was still up). i miss this mod! it was my favorite by far! i really want to get back into it but im having problems with the new 1.12 shortcut / installer / whatever you want to call it. it just loads vanilla d2 LoD 1.12 so im not sure what I did wrong. i installed R6D n what not.... anywho hoping to get back into es soon! really wish we could play online with a decent population :(

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Hey Billy...no sweat,whenever you wish to join it will be here...

Dusty online gaming is gonna be hard since most of the d2 population went over to D3 and Skyrim...i personally am playing Morrowind and some Fallout 1 and 2 in between playing multiple mods for D2,so good luck finding a party or for that matter a server still populated with people...

Edit: Edited the first post,removed Misfulness from Chalenge since he did not report any success for over a year now,reset Billi's Death count to 0...

Edit: Assassin done Baal and company on p/5,gotta admit it was not easy,now regreting i didn't make her a elementalist...anyway she is free to roam special areas now...found a RoP with -15 to cold somewhere along the way so my merc got a nice upgrade from some random rare belt... next up will be most likely Amazon...

Rdit: Saved Anya with Zon an d Pally...gonna need some better gear asap with my Sorc thou...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Here I am again. After all this time, finally got up the courage/energy to reinstall the game on my new HD. Only took me 3+ hours to get it working.:(

Have my new Sorceress nearing Duriel, to catch her brethren. Guess I decided I'm really not sure on survivability or viability of the Enchantress.....feel I have too many ranged characters, but oh well...going the traditional Blizz/Meteor/ route.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:50 pm

welcome back man...we really should make those tables fpr chars...meh...next time i update...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:34 am

Thanks....I'm really not feeling the Blizz sorc....I know she's probably more survivable, but I'm itching to make the Enchantress work. Might scrap and start again. I did just beat Duriel though.

Or, heck, maybe I'll play some melee chars and get it out of my system, then see how I feel:)

Edit:

Not sure if I can continue this. I'm so {filtered}. I just can't keep an Enchantress alive. This one was looking strong as hell....get in the Durance, and suddenly I'm dead. Maybe my buffs ran out....it was a boss pack of the vampire sorts. Don't recall what my fire resist was but I sure was dead fast. Man, guess I've tried 5 times. All have been at least to act 3, but sooner or later, they're meat.

No one ever answered...did Enchant get nerfed, along the way by Tsuru? I guess I do fine damage and fast attack multiple baddies. It's probably my fault, for stupid play and not dealing with middling resists enough....sure thought fire was the highest resist though...all it was was bone golems and vamps....maybe fire was low...to die that quickly. Frustrating, though.:( I so want to make this character work, but just not sure it can.

Edit 2: Finally! Got an Enchantress to act 5, to join her buddies. Learned from my many mistakes. Caution and safety...lots of life leech too and nearly all resists maxed. Only seal guardians to give us much problem was the witches, and that wasn't even so bad. Onward ho!

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:50 pm

i don't think enchant was nerfed,only for ranged i think...congrats on getting your crew to act 5...what is your current death count so i can update the first post???

i did not touch ES for a while...playing some 1.09 mods currently,the fact that i need to farm is just repulsive to me...again and again and again...now i know why i started tweaking my non tourny chars...farming sucks hard...but i'll be back to this...

no matter how many mods for d2 i try,i just cant top ES...the best and most balanced mod EVER...

Edit: Paladin done Baal and company on p/5...did not want to push my luck as i had not played in a while,went smooth,Sacrifice against big baddies was win all the way...Pally now to able to do special areas...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon May 11, 2015 12:04 am

Well, each character through Baal on p4...then Enchantress dead again....didn't even make it past Lister...no clue....tried to teleport out of it repeatedly, and wouldn't work.....uhoh...just realized....either Aerial Guard was preventing casting or my spells wore off(Mana Shield, Enchant, Aerial Guard, Fire Armor) and I was just stun locked and couldn't cast? Last seems doubtful...but she was having zero problems until that pack started eating her lunch.

Highly doubt I'll ever try that build again...it's just always something, sooner or later. Was thinking it was time for a break, after all that...so here that time is!

Edit: Playing my Sorceress up, yet again....decided to finally try that Immolation one...wow....what was I waiting for? Loving it so far....the Skills wiki just doesn't do it proper justice! Hoping she catches her teammates very soon....she kills so fast, it's possible:)

Edit: I proudly announce my Sorceress has finally kept her end of the bargain and sits ready to do the Normal special areas.:)

Amazon: HayleyAtwell - Strafe/Legendary Arrow - Level 49 - Arctic full set, hoping for Gabrielle's
Assassin: HalleBarry - Iagari/Phoenix Strike plan - Level 48 - Autolycus set and Supercharged Rod...Motoko's next
Barb: Hulk Hogan - Thunder Strike/Plasma Rain/Thunder Storm - Level 49 - Berserkers set....needs better
Druid: MickeyRourke - Creeping Doom/Minions/ - Level 48 - Autolycus set
Necro: ChristopherLee - Killer Scythe/Poison Slash/Golems - Lvl 48....Wrathomon's set
Pal: CliveOwen - Fist of Heavens/Zeal to reclaim mana - Level 47 - Tyrael's and Autolycus sets.
Sorc: GemmaArterton - Immolation - Lvl 48 - Tara's set, part of Auto set and L of Luck.

Edit yet again....

Have not seen info on if you MUST full clear all special areas. If so, seems inconsistent, as it wasn't a no re-run/full clear challenge. Or, do you just have to complete all quests/WPs?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:17 pm

all quests and then special areas,no other restrictions are in place,this to prevent overleveling of chars,Nihlathak is considered special area and is to be done after baal...

gonna be back to this,as i will recover my data i will have my chars back...yay...no need to go all the way AGAIN...yay...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:all quests and then special areas,no other restrictions are in place,this to prevent overleveling of chars,Nihlathak is considered special area and is to be done after baal...

gonna be back to this,as i will recover my data i will have my chars back...yay...no need to go all the way AGAIN...yay...
Right...but are full clears necessary? I mean, so all special areas doesn't really tell me if you have to kill everything...also, do we have to do the mega hard areas Roper and Frazier off Naraku levels? Like to avoid those in tourneys:)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:18 pm

no need to kill everything,side areas are optional,heck none of my own chars would survive full clears of everything as a would be tired after all that killing and my attention would drop and that would mean the death of my char in those places...full clears just take a lot of time,especially from Naraku 1 WP all the way to Domain...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:16 am

Better late than never. I'll be starting this tonight.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:54 am

Yo man,welcome aboard!!!Post your char names and locations so i can put them in the first post...

ANYWAY HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

My new job does not leave me with much time to play,i got into security bussiness,so work hours are from 12 to 16 a day,and i get really tired after a bunch of patrols for that amount of time and am mostly sleeping after i get home,heck i don't even have strenght to play with my own kid these days...but i will never abondon this challenge,gonna be back soon to this...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:26 am

Cos I don't have much internet access, my postings are going to be rather sparodic unfortunately.
I also see I managed to break one of the rules about special areas. Doh.

At the end of act one, my characters are:

Druid: Bogan - Cow Balloon, 24
Necromancer: Dorn - Frozen Spear, 23
Sorceress: Lilli - Blaze , flamewave 23
Barbarian: Dimmu - Magic Throw, 24
Paladin: Vengeance - Vengeance, 24
Amazon: Scarla - Fend, 24
Assassin: Lessa - Kicker ,24

I've had some good luck with set jackpots. In fact Lilli is running around with the necro set.
A combined total of 9 Berserkers Hauberks found so far.

Lessa ended up dying at 29 in the Lost Farm, got stuck against a wall. Doh. Otherwise she was handling it fine. I've started up a new Assissin, Sin who will be using the blade skills.
9 crystals found. At this rate I might even be able to make a standard crystal at the end of this.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Cool to see another player jump in here...wecome Bogan.

Been off playing other stuff, but you know I check in here occasionally.....might have to fire up my crew soon, too.....though, been so long, maybe it'd be smarter to try some other characters for practice, before trying this crew in the special areas in HC!

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 pm

just go slow people...it's HC afterall...

man i got no time to play at all...still not abandoning my chars...once someone catches up to me i'll take a vacation to be in the lead again...

I bite down hard

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:38 pm

I got my Amazon safely past the Normal special areas.....time for the rest of them to try soon.

Edit: Assassin is now also past Nilhatek. It wasn't easy, and had a few scary moments vs Nilhatek himself. I was a bit suprised, as this character is so strong. But, melee against that group is pretty scary, so guess it's not that surprising. Metalspark etc weren't even very hard.

Kind of worried about the next up, Hulk Hogan, my Barb. Guessing he's my weakest now, and if the Assassin had issues, well, there is cause for concern.

Edit 2: Shouldn't have worried at all about the Barb.....nary an issue. Even had do clear all of Nilhatek's area, after the prior two got lucky and the bad boy was in the SW corner area. Plasma Rain and Thunderstike are very nifty, with my Ancient's Call act 5 merc.

Druid should also have no issues....Creeping Doom is so good it should be outlawed.....

Pretty obvious.....ranged characters are so much safer. At least mine are. Starting to worry about my melee Necro!

Edit 3: As I figured, my Creeping Doom, Summoning Druid had a cakewalk through the special areas and through Nihlatek. Necro next.
Last edited by Billybgame on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Eastern Sun”