New Animations

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Re: New Animations

Post by jetaman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:04 pm

This deserves a new post!
I found a Skyrim mod with Tyrael Armor and immediately decided to try to work with it. In my opinion it looks decent. The wings are a problem, because they are not animated. Maybe I will find a solution later. But in game it can be as a monster, boss, npc or in my case - an armor set for a character :twisted:, because I'm working on new character appearances using Skyrim assets. Your opinions?

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Superb animations!
When will they be available for download?

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 am

I'm working on a small website, like Infinitum, where I will store my animations. It shoud take a couple days. Be patient :)

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sat May 07, 2016 10:23 pm

It's time for another Update!
This time I'm going to show you some of the ready animations and plans for the future. While working with Skyrim models I found that there are very few of them that can be used. A lot of them don't really fit, and I didn't like them much. But I found two awsome monster mods for Skyrim, and fortunately I was able to extract the models and learned to convert them. Here are the results.

1. Alternative animations for Vanilla D2
I know some of you may disagree with me, but I liked the idea of replacing the animations of already existing units. For example take a look at the Werewolf and the Werebear models, that can be used for morphs (they use the same skeleton). Werewolf is originally black, but thanks to some Skyrim modders there are a lot of textures, so it can be many colors. Also check out the alternative for Treewarden (also can be usd as a morph). It's one of the best models, imo. Now, check out the wolf model. And the one I like the most is the models of Iron Golem. It looks just like real Iron Golem Should look like - a pile of moving iron. Out of these five models, werewolf and werebear are a preview, others are ready.
ImageImageImageImageImage

2. Models from Vanilla Skyrim
As I said above, in Vanilla Skyrim there were only a few decent models. For example this bug, it's called Chaurus. Also the model of Dragon Priest was decent but only in begger sizes. Probably will be a boss in game. And the idea for a new morph for Necrommancer - Vampire. All except Vampire are ready.

ImageImageImage

3. Models from Oblivion and Skyrim Mods

There is only one monster mod for Oblivion and two for Skyrim. The first model of a Ghoul is one and only from Oblivion mod, other are from Skyrim mods. Then goes the Tree Ent. It uses the same skeleton as Treewarden. Next models was called Fire Golem but I don't see why. It doesn't look like one. Then I found this models of a fox and I thought it would be nice for Druid summon. All these animations are ready.

ImageImageImageImage

Also don't forget to check out my website here "Animatrix Project" The above animation will appear on the website soon.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sun May 08, 2016 10:38 am

First time I ever stumble upon your post and holy smokes is it amazing!

Great effort there man, just wow!

Keep up the great work
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Sun May 08, 2016 11:13 am

I agree, it's a very nice work. Never seen such amazing models and never thought that TES models could be imported to Diablo!

By the way, I'd like to give you a hint for a new animation: There's a Skyrim mod that changes your Vampire Lord's model, letting you equip Lord Harkon's Cape. Maybe a cloaked vampire would be good in terms of role playing (Fighting against or playing as a cloaked Vampire Lord surrounded by non-cloaked minions).

Again, congratulations and keep up this wonderful work!

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Sun May 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Thank you very much!!

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Sun May 08, 2016 9:03 pm

jetaman" wrote:This deserves a new post!
I found a Skyrim mod with Tyrael Armor and immediately decided to try to work with it. In my opinion it looks decent. The wings are a problem, because they are not animated. Maybe I will find a solution later. But in game it can be as a monster, boss, npc or in my case - an armor set for a character :twisted:, because I'm working on new character appearances using Skyrim assets. Your opinions?

I loved this one. You should work on this!
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Hey guys!
I thought I would first do a new Tyrael NPC, because it's the easiest. Fiddled a little bit with it. It's not finished yet.

thaison
Paladin
Vietnam

Post by thaison » Fri May 13, 2016 12:51 pm

jetaman" wrote:Hey guys!
I thought I would first do a new Tyrael NPC, because it's the easiest. Fiddled a little bit with it. It's not finished yet.
I hope you finish early

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Finished version. And by the way - it works like multi-part unit. Wings go seperately. ;)

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Sat May 14, 2016 10:11 am

jetaman" wrote:Hey guys!

Would look much better without the black borders on the wings (if possible ofc.)

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sun May 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Funny thing: Tyrael has two tokens/folders, TY and TX. They differ in the direction. I used TY because the wings are facing the front. Then, every wing is a separate layer, LA and RA, plus TR, which is the torso (Tyrael himself). In every LA and RA folder there are two files for wings, DCC and DC6. I used DCC files for the animation you see above, but they came with black borders. But the original Tyrael in Fortress has no black borders - probably he is uing DC6 files. Unfortunately, I can't access DC6 files for now, becase pretty much all D2 software doesn't work on my Windows 7 (don't know the reason). So if someone could extract and send me the images from those DC6 files I can make wings without the borders.

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Sat May 21, 2016 5:09 pm

@Jetaman: In the werewolf animation there seems to be some pink remains, maybe from the background of the image editing tool. If so can you upload a final update?

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 pm

kpepp" wrote:@Jetaman: In the werewolf animation there seems to be some pink remains, maybe from the background of the image editing tool. If so can you upload a final update?
Yes, I know. This is the one of the reasons I haven't done it yet. But I'm working on a solution and will release the final version soon.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:04 pm

This is the preview of the new Werebear animation. It took me a long time to figure out simple thing. There was a problem with neutral animation - the default animation has 222 frames per direction. I tried making it at least 20-30 (close to the quantity of vanilla units) but it looked awful. Then I thought - what is the max number of frames per direction for units? - It's 255. So I just reduced reduced the frames to 111 per direction, and now it looks smooth. This revelation practically saved me - because I gave up some of the animations because of this problem.

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:22 am

Looks fantastic!

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Hey People! I'm back with something new. I finished Werebear animation and want you to look at it and tell me what you think. There is a slight problem with the attack animation. Even though I put the animation speed=100, it sometimes plays extremely fast. I don't understand why it's not stable. Maybe someone can help me with that? Thanks.
Click here to watch the video

Vav

Post by Vav » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:09 pm

jetaman" wrote:Hey People! I'm back with something new. I finished Werebear animation and want you to look at it and tell me what you think. There is a slight problem with the attack animation. Even though I put the animation speed=100, it sometimes plays extremely fast. I don't understand why it's not stable. Maybe someone can help me with that? Thanks.
Click here to watch the video
Hey Jetaman! I left you a message on Skype about this just now :) Hunger uses the bite animation instead of the attack animation, so you need to modify S#/SQ instead of A1 on certain skills.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Hello there! After a week of pan-in-the-ass work I finally finished my first pack of TES animations and I finally figured out how to make the Werewolf animation look decent. I recorded it along with the Vampire. Watch here!Tomorrow 22 new animations will appear on my website, with one slight correction. These three new morphs (werewolf,werebear and vampire) were made exclusively for Vavand his mod Annihilus. That means you won't be able to download them from the website, but the others will be available. Stay tuned for more amazing animations!

Edit:

The site has been Updated! Go and check new animations and skill effects! Animatrix

Barby

Post by Barby » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:14 pm

He Jetaman,

thanks for sharing with us. Really great work. I will use some of your Monsters in my Mod.

Greetings

Barby

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi,

@jetaman
just stumbled about your fantastic work here.
Im mainly coder and as such put many content things back to a point where my code is ready to add advanced gfx to D2 (higher resolution and truecolor).
I for myself would have used some blenderscripts to convert models to iso and i think that is what you used too?
For my Mod Snej i ripped tons of 2d animations from other Games that are still in raw format from several games mostly unknown here like:
Prince of Quin (and some of its descendants), Soma, Shadow of Legend, Lineage .. usually most of them from far east and much work to convert.
But i also looked for several games with cool 3d models as i would prefer to use models directly (as soon as my render engine can mix 3d and 2d animations in D2) from them or converted by blender or maybe if the time has come use exclusive models from a 3d artist.
So as i see you made great progress in converting maybe you want to look into these games:
Neverwinter Nights 1+2 (has a great modding com adding tons of custom models too)
Titan Quest (has brilliant skeletton animations and tons of others) once ago i tryed converting the titan myself.
Ultima Forever
Lineage II

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:39 pm

seltsamuel" wrote:Hi,

@jetaman
Im mainly coder and as such put many content things back to a point where my code is ready to add advanced gfx to D2 (higher resolution and truecolor).

Greetings

Seltsamuel
Hey samuel, i already know you still work on d2se but didnt know about the advanced gfx concept. Can you please explain it in more details. I really want to know what you actually trying to achieve.

Thanks

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 am

seltsamuel" wrote:Hi,

@jetaman
I for myself would have used some blenderscripts to convert models to iso and i think that is what you used too?
For my Mod Snej i ripped tons of 2d animations from other Games that are still in raw format from several games mostly unknown here like:
Prince of Quin (and some of its descendants), Soma, Shadow of Legend, Lineage .. usually most of them from far east and much work to convert.
But i also looked for several games with cool 3d models as i would prefer to use models directly (as soon as my render engine can mix 3d and 2d animations in D2) from them or converted by blender or maybe if the time has come use exclusive models from a 3d artist.
So as i see you made great progress in converting maybe you want to look into these games:
Neverwinter Nights 1+2 (has a great modding com adding tons of custom models too)
Titan Quest (has brilliant skeletton animations and tons of others) once ago i tryed converting the titan myself.
Ultima Forever
Lineage II

Greetings

Seltsamuel
1. I agree with Xibalba, tell us more about the gfx system and true color.

2. For converting these animations I used 3ds max and Elder Scroll models and animations.

3. I started my animation work from 2d sprites too, and thus I have a huge collection of ripped games.

Code: Select all

1. Nightstone
2. Averum
3. Helbrath
4. Inquisitor (!!!)
5. Light and Darkness
6. Saga of Dragons
7. Felspire
8. Dragon Spear
9. Geneforge
10. Seal Of Evil
11. Prince of Qin
12. Arcanum
13. Age of Wonders 
14. The Fate
15. Two Worlds
16. Divine Divinity
17. Shards of Dreams
18. Avadon
19. Broken Land
20. Pool of Radiance
21. Wolrd of Oriental Legends
4. To work with Never Winter models or Titan Quest models I need to have them converted to 3ds max, but I haven't seen any conversions. But again, I didn't look for it properly, maybe you can point me to the right direction.

5.Lineage II models (and many others) can be found herebut they are in .c4d fomat, to use in Cinema 4d.

6. Let's stay in touch, and maybe we can share some of our knowledge to help each other ;)

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 am

Jetaman you should create a tutorial on knowladge base about animation conversion! Being able to convert animations from games such as Skyrim takes too much time and effort to learn.

Return to “Multimedia”