What does your mod look like?

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: What does your mod look like?

Post by Xibalba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Nephretes" wrote:Cathedral from Diablo 1 anyone? While staying close to original game we decided to remake Tristram, so it will be like Diablo 1, but instead of ripping I will be remaking it in 3D plus using d2 assets. There will be also subquest connected to old-new Tristram.

This is not in game yet, just little preview.
Finally new tiles! Good job
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 am

Howdy...
yes... I am still alive :D yay!

anyhow, here is what I managed to add-up before I got preoccupied with RL Stuff :-|

Badge System, badges can be earned by completing challenges etc... each badge does not have a fixed x / y drawing position,
and will fill-up the panel when you get em. Each badge also has their own flavor hover text and etc... there are 31 badges currently implemented, but can still be expanded if necessary.

I was generally planning to replace the vanilla item_stat_display code for good to further improve the item_compare system, already written a small code routine to display item transaction cost even if there is no active NPC being interacted, with this, hopefully i can now replace the item_stat_display code.

Happy Modding Everyone !
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 am

Weapon-x, amazing like always! I always get hyped when i see you post screens :)

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Weapon-x : it looks amazing where can I see all your mod's features? Is there a public release planned?

justin3009
Paladin
United States of America

Post by justin3009 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm absolutely loving all your work weapon-X.

And Nephretes, holy gosh you are AMAZING! I'm really following your work on here and I'm astounded by it. You're doing a wonderful job!

Nephretes
Paladin

Post by Nephretes » Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 am

It was supposed to be new tiles for Ice Cave. I use term "supposed", because nasty palette conversion completely kills it in terms of colors. Perhaps I should make a new topic called "How would your mod look like, if you could do what you want". Yes, I am kind of frustrated with this stuff as an artist.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Sun May 15, 2016 4:35 am

Howdy, sorry i am a bit rusty on stuff... :mrgreen:

here is what i managed to complete yesterday ;)

1st
Stacked Potions which also works with hirelings, through drag-and-drop and other player-to-hireling share methods :mrgreen:

2nd:
Quantity Display on-top of the item gfx. Having replaced the belt-items and panels drawing code, items inside the belt also display their stack quantities

Happy modding everyone! :)
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Sun May 15, 2016 12:50 pm

weapon-x" wrote:Howdy, sorry i am a bit rusty on stuff... :mrgreen:

1st
Stacked Potions which also works with hirelings, through drag-and-drop and other player-to-hireling share methods :mrgreen:

2nd:
Quantity Display on-top of the item gfx. Having replaced the belt-items and panels drawing code, items inside the belt also display their stack quantities

Finally you are back with some more eye candies :)

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Mon May 16, 2016 12:33 am

Xibalba" wrote:
weapon-x" wrote:Howdy, sorry i am a bit rusty on stuff... :mrgreen:

1st

2nd:

Finally you are back with some more eye candies :)
I am actually planning to release the mod as a mod-base, think of it as vanilla. I really don't have much time to work-on a full mod... but until the base is done, I could not release anything just yet... :)

~Mark Twain

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:02 am

Hello everyone,

here i am again to post a screeny on the latest add-on to the mod

*Individual skills delay with progress bar drawing inspired by Metalstorm :)

Code: Select all

Credits to Necrolis and Kidpaddle for the coding technique, to Kingpin, and other forum members who posted relevant stuff which made this code-edit possible. This is one of the edits that i greatly enjoyed doing :)
Happy modding everyone !
Last edited by weapon-x on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

~Mark Twain

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:48 am

Absolutely fantastic, it`s really nice to see a mod full of custom coded stuff in progress, last time I saw something simillar was when Necrolis was still posting pictures from Blackened. Keep up the good work bro, can`t wait for an initial release :)

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Very creative, weapon-x never disappoints! :) kudos to you!

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:06 am

Lurix" wrote:Absolutely fantastic, it`s really nice to see a mod full of custom coded stuff in progress, last time I saw something similar was when Necrolis was still posting pictures from Blackened. Keep up the good work bro, can`t wait for an initial release :)
Xibalba" wrote:Very creative, weapon-x never disappoints! :) kudos to you!
I am glad you guys liked the screenie :)

~Mark Twain

Kuss

Post by Kuss » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:18 am

weapon-x" wrote: I am actually planning to release the mod as a mod-base, think of it as vanilla. I really don't have much time to work-on a full mod... but until the base is done, I could not release anything just yet... :)
8-O
Does this mean, one day, we will have THAT base available and we can experiment and do all the crazy {filtered} for our own mods?
I mean, all the functions like quantity display, the gorgeous graphics, etc. Even more awesome is if it would be configurable lol but im dreaming now

Just asking, since that would be awesome for noobs like me who don't know much about code-editings. Said this, I just want to congratz on you because from the screens it's obvious you put a lot of work on this stuff, KUDOS

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:13 am

Kuss" wrote:
weapon-x" wrote: I am actually planning to release the mod as a mod-base, think of it as vanilla. I really don't have much time to work-on a full mod... but until the base is done, I could not release anything just yet... :)
8-O
Does this mean, one day, we will have THAT base available and we can experiment and do all the crazy {filtered} for our own mods?
I mean, all the functions like quantity display, the gorgeous graphics, etc. Even more awesome is if it would be configurable lol but im dreaming now

Just asking, since that would be awesome for noobs like me who don't know much about code-editings. Said this, I just want to congratz on you because from the screens it's obvious you put a lot of work on this stuff, KUDOS
i have already given copies to Grinch and K0rl1k though the ones with them doesn't have the latest add-ons... (i have added a bunch of stuff last weekend too :) )

yes i will release the mod-base after its polished... :)

i can give you a copy for you to run-through if you like... the good thing is, you can vanilla-style soft-code the mod right now... except for the quest rewards... :lol:

~Mark Twain

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Wow, that's amazing.
I saw the tons of improvements you've brought to Diablo II. I'm astonished :)
Btw, I would like to use your mod-base since it gives a new and refreshed look to this game we all love, but I basically have two concerns:
1. Is v1.10 supported (along with all the existing plugins from D2mod system)?
2. If so, I'd ask if you could port the fix for the Shadow Master's AI done for 1.10. Without it my pets wouldn't work properly :|

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:16 pm

Weapon-X. Can I get the updated version? I've been looking for a way to do independent cool downs for quite a while and would like to toy around with it.

Please pm me back.

By the way, I was doing some testing on the version you sent me and I'm very impressed. I did a quick scan of the files and couldn't find a way to modify or adjust the added code.

Let me know.
Thanks

-k0r3l1k

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:14 am

Ogodei" wrote:Wow, that's amazing.
I saw the tons of improvements you've brought to Diablo II. I'm astonished :)
Btw, I would like to use your mod-base since it gives a new and refreshed look to this game we all love, but I basically have two concerns:
1. Is v1.10 supported (along with all the existing plugins from D2mod system)?
2. If so, I'd ask if you could port the fix for the Shadow Master's AI done for 1.10. Without it my pets wouldn't work properly :|
1. the mod is actually in v1.10 and use other plugins except d2extendedmerc.dll (the mod is using MercMod.dll), yes it is using d2mod system and sir Dav's awesome plugins :)

2. will look into it
k0r3l1k" wrote:Weapon-X. Can I get the updated version? I've been looking for a way to do independent cool downs for quite a while and would like to toy around with it.

Please pm me back.

By the way, I was doing some testing on the version you sent me and I'm very impressed. I did a quick scan of the files and couldn't find a way to modify or adjust the added code.

Let me know.
Thanks

-k0r3l1k
sure thing bro, i'll send it to you along with a small change log, and a variety of bug fixes/new features hopefully tomorrow

Code: Select all

*credits to Grinch and Kuss for pointing issues out...

~Mark Twain

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Thank you. Oh on a side note, how plausible would it be to modify the hotkey code to just cast the hotkeyed spell as opposed to bringing it to the click cast?

Also if you have discord or Skype I'd like to discuss more ideas ive had. This is exactly the type of thing I need to put some of my more extravagant mod ideas into practice.

-k0r3l1k

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:29 am

k0r3l1k" wrote:Thank you. Oh on a side note, how plausible would it be to modify the hotkey code to just cast the hotkeyed spell as opposed to bringing it to the click cast?

Also if you have discord or Skype I'd like to discuss more ideas ive had. This is exactly the type of thing I need to put some of my more extravagant mod ideas into practice.

-k0r3l1k
hmmm, this is something i am not familiar with... though we could look at the input-handler i presume (*if i recall Senior Mod-maker Necrolis and other forum members posted info on this).

Unfortunately, i do not have other means of communication except for the Keep... which i am only able to use at the office :mrgreen:

~Mark Twain

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:51 am

hi all, here i am again with my Screenies :mrgreen:

a custom menu which handles most of client display stuff

cheers :)

~Mark Twain

Jeewdew
Paladin

Post by Jeewdew » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:34 pm

That's ... ... ... Amazing! Ö

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm

@weapon-x

looks amazing!
btw, is it possible to make that big and detailed board for statistics?

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:18 pm

@weapon-x marry me ?

Seriously the pics i've seen late , you should be very proud its looking very good.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

misiek1294
Paladin
Poland

Post by misiek1294 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:39 pm

Happy with that! Weapon-x thanks for ur Tips and some resource ^^. Still i must finish drag&drop code for mercenary but progress giving me alot of satisfaction.

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”