[BETA 6.00] Bugs

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

[BETA 6.00] Bugs

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:05 am

Hey,

You can report bugs here. Yes, there will be bugs ^^

Current know bugs :
- Class runes spawn sometimes with wrong skills
- Keys dont show stack size
- Game may crash when talking to Warriv in Ureh
- Cursed chest sometimes don't scale with area level
- Tome in Partha dosen't start the 4th quest in act 1 (but dosen't prevent you to do said quest)
- 1st quest in act 1 sometimes can't be completed

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: [BETA 6.00] Bugs

Post by gogodanny » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:59 am

Seems Q1 A1 wont work for me - I did all installs according to plan. Perhaps i need to kill the last creep and not my minions?
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Oh yeah, you where right, I forgot to add this to the know bug list. I don't know what cause it but it may be related to some monsters spawning of screen for some reasons, wich prevent you to kill thems. But I know the quest can be completed, as I did it during my tests. It seems to be random.

I add that to the list.

Razagart

Post by Razagart » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but, in the previous version you could have 1 major summon pasive on skill tree as a sorcerer, i played a summoner sorc back then hehe, is this intended? i'm just curious because there's no speciality for that.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:09 am

Yes that's normal, the sorceress dosen't have a passive like that anymore.

Just so you know, Sorceress, Huntress and Warrior minions will be improved the same way Necromancer ones currently work (They will have an special attack) that will make thems stronger.

In the future, it is possible that items will exist that "can increase minions quantity even for characters that do not have a speciality that do it" start to exist, we will see :).

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:42 am

Xaphan" wrote:Yes that's normal, the sorceress dosen't have a passive like that anymore.

Just so you know, Sorceress, Huntress and Warrior minions will be improved the same way Necromancer ones currently work (They will have an special attack) that will make thems stronger.

In the future, it is possible that items will exist that "can increase minions quantity even for characters that do not have a speciality that do it" start to exist, we will see :).
Items that give summons new skills too would be amazing!

matias91hb

Post by matias91hb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:47 pm

I dont know if is already told, but, the hirelings level when u are going to hire them is as in the original, that goes along the level of the character, so if u want to hire an act 1 hireling and u are leve 30, the hireling will be 5 to 7?, i dont know if this is intended or not, but just saw this and wanted to reported.

Sorry for bad english, i hope u understand

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 am

matias91hb" wrote:I dont know if is already told, but, the hirelings level when u are going to hire them is as in the original, that goes along the level of the character, so if u want to hire an act 1 hireling and u are leve 30, the hireling will be 5 to 7?, i dont know if this is intended or not, but just saw this and wanted to reported.

Sorry for bad english, i hope u understand

That is because mod work on an 1.10 version of the game, wich work like that. Blizzard fixed this in subsequent versions, but it require quite some code editing to do it in 1.10 so it probably won't happen soon unfortunately.

Istaryu

Post by Istaryu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:26 pm

When the chest that contains the horadric cube spawns at the top left of the temple, the boss (Malia arrow maine, or whatever its name is) does not spawn with it.

MrSpycrab

Post by MrSpycrab » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:25 pm

For some reason, I can't use Skill reset scroll as Warrior. When I right-click it, it only makes a sound and stays in my inventory. I can use it as other classes, though.

EDIT: Oh, it seems that it only works when you reach level 5, though it isn't mentioned on the scroll
Last edited by MrSpycrab on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrSpycrab

Post by MrSpycrab » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Some more:
-Huntress' Frost strafe arrows occasionally won't hit Jungle wurm eggs (arrows simply fly over them). Not sure, what causes that
-This comes up in Kalinash's Jungle

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:32 pm

For the last error I found what caue it and will fiw it for sure. Right now, just restarting the game and going where it bug again can solve the issue because the map is regenerated each time. Basically you have 1 chance out of 6 to crash there.

JeyP

Post by JeyP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:35 pm

-Can teleport there and game crash.
Temple of Mephisto
-there is a bug similar to energy one but now it's vitality and seems that only occurs on hirelings

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:59 pm

AH, look like the temple of mephisto is near an open map that should not be there and that cause the crash. Will look into it.

Also the bug with the hireling life is know, but not sure if I can fix it. It's the bug that cause auras on hirelings to not refresh properly on client side.

nexx

Post by nexx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:47 pm

Well, my run just came to an abrupt end in the first "generic tomb" area of A2, after reaching the first city. The game crashed while exploring and loading the character again gives a https://u.nya.is/gnaisb.jpg message.
The game had crashed randomly while exploring before, although it was always the generic c00000005 error. The only time I had a different error was one time it crashed while I was storing things, which gave the following https://u.nya.is/juzjrk.png message.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:15 am

Hey Nexx,

this message usually pops up if you have too many items stored on your 1st Page of Plugy. Unfortunately this may result in your save being unplayable.

Always make sure to store all loot on pages 2-x and never on the first.

Hope you find a solution, cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:46 am

gogodanny" wrote:Hey Nexx,

this message usually pops up if you have too many items stored on your 1st Page of Plugy. Unfortunately this may result in your save being unplayable.

Always make sure to store all loot on pages 2-x and never on the first.

Hope you find a solution, cheers
True. And in addition to this, when you close your chest, make sure to put it back on the 1st (empty) page, so this won't happen.

The bug is related to the savefile size, wich I cannot change easily right now.

nexx

Post by nexx » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Thanks gogodanny, I gave it a shot removing the plugy stash altogether and swapping it for an empty one, but the character can't be loaded regardless. If this was indeed the source of the "random" crashes I was getting I'll probably run another character though, come to think about it, they were happening at points where the only reasonable trigger could be the autosaves the game does periodically.

Pretty bad stuff if it can autosave while stashing things and potentially ruin your save, though. I guess a way to avoid that would be not to fill up tabs too much, do we know what the item limit actually is?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:32 pm

The limit is reached when the savefile is above 8096kb. Pretty hard to tell how many items it is because it depend of said items. Some take small space while others take more. Stuff like crafting materals or potions (they have no stats on thems) took almost nothing, while equipements and things that have stats on thems (mystic formulas for exemple, or relics/charms) take more space the more stats there is on thems.

It happened on me as well few times, but never corrupted my saves. However, I know it can happen so be carefull with that. Game autosave your character every 15 mins in 1.10. (iirc)

qndel
Hosted Forum Moderator
Warrior

Post by qndel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:34 am

my stash looks like this
http://i.imgur.com/43nI7rl.png
Not using plugy. The game crashed 2 times - first in the muttering forest in random place, then in random place in the area where I'm supposed to get 3rd emblem.

My character save size is around 255 kb, so it shoudn't cause problems.

2. Storage scroll doesn't work with plugy, I don't know if it works without it, but I'd say it's not even worth checking, as plugy is a must have for such an epic mod - this is the hoarder's dream :P

If you click somewhere far away in safe area and hold shift + mouse button, the running animation doesn't work and the character rotates with the mouse - looks hilarious

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Hello,

1. Is related to save file, check previous posts. cannot be solved atm.
2. This scroll is desactivated and will be removed in final 6.00.
3. Well that's probably a bug with the increased resolution plugin or maybe the game itself. I can't and won't even try to fix it to be honest.

qndel
Hosted Forum Moderator
Warrior

Post by qndel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Hello,

1. Is related to save file, check previous posts. cannot be solved atm.
2. This scroll is desactivated and will be removed in final 6.00.
3. Well that's probably a bug with the increased resolution plugin or maybe the game itself. I can't and won't even try to fix it to be honest.
1. Plugy seems to have solved the problem :P

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”