New Animations

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

huohuowu2
Paladin
China

Re: New Animations

Post by huohuowu2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:25 am

http://bbs.niugm.com/forum-80-1.html
http://bbs.islga.org/thread-htm-fid-57-page-1.html
-------------------
These are all Chinese.
First forum is for a old online game Legend of mir.
You can use these models so easy.And they all are 8 direction.
The second forum is for 3d models.
You can find a lot of models about w3c,wow,lol,sc2.
I hope this will help you.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:25 am

Hi,

not too many here know that before i released D2SE i took over the Snej Mod long ago and this was my start as modder.
Im already working since a long time (sadly the last years only seldom because of missing freetime) on a complete replacement of D2GFX.dll and all of its subdlls together with several modifications on the other GFX functions. The reason for this is that i want to archieve the following:

1. Truecolor and animation for all Item and UI gfx.
2. As its too much work to replace all Monster/Player animations i want to have a hybrid display of old units and new 3dModels.
3. As its too much work to replace the entire level tilesets (and think on the night day palette tranitions) i want at least to archieve to have a own palette for each used tileset which will give us much more color on each map.
4. Get more performance and new gfx and light effects because i want to use newest openGL and DirectX functions.

All of this needs additionally the development of new tools to make use of the changes.
Sadly this work is still far from beeing finished but at least im working on it. In regards to resolution im already finished and Snej was as far as i know the first released Mod using higher resolutions with a complete working and custom made UI.

Additionally im working on many other files to archieve a technically more modern D2. Its planned to later add these changes as D2SE_Utility.dll to the D2SE Modmanager so others can use this changes in their own mods. This dll will hold many modifications that can be switched on and off individually for each.

But before i can continue on all these sideprojects i first have to finish my new D2SE Modmanager so it can handle the 1.4x patches.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:34 am

Wow, i have always dreamed about such thing. Can't wait to see it finished, please dont forget to share your progress while you are working on it!
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:43 am

@Seltsamuel: why is it so important to include 1.14? If it brings so much trouble with it. Im not really see the benefits here.
@huohuowu2: 谢谢你大哥 :mrgreen:

Cheers
AlphA

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:32 pm

@AlphA
Because 1.14x modifies the main .mpq files rendering them useless for older versions AND D2SE.
The spirit of D2SE is and was always that you can install it over a actual D2 Version without destroying anything and still be able to play unmodified on official BNet. This does not work anymore since 1.14x.
In addition to this i already started to change several internal things in D2SE to be more stable and improve on some things that i want to have finished, some of them i cant and wont discuss here.

@Xibalba
Hi i dont think that reporting on progress is a thing i want to do because it only generates expectations and people getting annoyed because it takes so/too long ^^. The best thing is to work on it and release it when finished. At the moment i actually have more freetime to work on D2 so maybe i can at least do some releases within the next weeks/months .. so lets see what i can do.

@jetaman
maybe this here helps for TitanQuest
http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/thre ... ing-models
i for myself do not use 3ds max anymore as i am a friend of open source software and blender did progress soo much the last years.

Edit:
maybe this will help you too... its the lib i want to include into D2 and its capable of reading and and writing many popular 3d formats. There is a Viewer too that you can use to convert many formats.
http://www.assimp.org/
The Viewer/Exporter/Converter
http://www.open3mod.com/

Greetings

Seltsamuel

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:51 pm

seltsamuel" wrote: Because 1.14x modifies the main .mpq files rendering them useless for older versions AND D2SE.
The spirit of D2SE is and was always that you can install it over a actual D2 Version without destroying anything and still be able to play unmodified on official BNet. This does not work anymore since 1.14x.
In addition to this i already started to change several internal things in D2SE to be more stable and improve on some things that i want to have finished, some of them i cant and wont discuss here.
l
I can switch back and forth from 1.14d to 1.13d using all the same .mpq's, by just replacing the exe's, dll's etc in X:\Program Files\Diablo II\

Themastercaster pointed out in another post that the md5 hash for Patch_D2.mpq was the same in 1.14a version as 1.13d. All the other .mpq files are the same, for the US-EN version.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:20 am

@devurandom:
install the game with the new 1.14 installers from battle.net and try the switching again. It won't work.
Blizzard changed/updated something in 2 of the large mpqs (I think it was d2char and d2sfx so it may be related with the cd keys stored there). nevertheless: the old executables cannot start with the new mpqs

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:40 am

@themastercaster...

I only use the offline patch here.... Thanks for the update!

Ladik's mpq editor has a utility function that could shed some light on the situation if the overall structure of the mpq's in question has not changed.

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:17 am

devurandom" wrote:I only use the offline patch here....
I'm talking of these too, but blizzard released new ones which install 1.14 directly. these are the ones with "broken" mpqs. you probably still have a copy of the old 1.12 offline installers

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:23 pm

This was what I used... nothing special.
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/ ... h_114d.exe

I think the modification of mpq's is happening when people login to battle.net first time, something I rarely do.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:14 pm

ahhhh! you were talking about an offline PATCH installer. I was talking about offline GAME installers.
If you register your game keys at www.battle.net you can download the game from there. until patch 1.14 was released the installer you could download there was at patch level 1.12a. since 1.14b there are new installers. within those new 1.14b installers 2 of the big mpqs are different than on all other installation media before. If you install the game with those new mpqs and copy old exe+dll to downgrade to another pre-1.14 patch the game won't start

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:54 am

Just for completeness, I tested the forced upgrade to 1.14d by logging into battle.net.
After, I was still able to downgrade back to 1.13x without replacing any mpq files.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:12 am

devurandom" wrote:Just for completeness, I tested the forced upgrade to 1.14d by logging into battle.net.
After, I was still able to downgrade back to 1.13x without replacing any mpq files.
Yes you are, but not everthing will work properly if u do it that way. (you also will get errors from time to time)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:02 pm

@huohuowu2: appears you need a membership of the first website to download the stuff:(

Cheers
AlphA

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:03 pm

A little update:
Learned to convert models from Titan quest and Neverwinter Nights. Thanks Seltsamuel ;)

Image Image

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Oh nice, TQ has some really nice ones, bringing thems to d2 would be fantastic!

You'r doing an amazing job jetaman, keep it up!

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Hey guys. This is just a little preview of what I'm working on right now. I got the model and the textures - still have to get the animation ;)

[17.10.2016] Edit:

And now, after a couple of days of struggling with the animation - I got it :) Now, all D3 units can be easily converted to D2.

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:18 pm

jetaman" wrote:Hey guys. This is just a little preview of what I'm working on right now. I got the model and the textures - still have to get the animation ;)

[17.10.2016] Edit:

And now, after a couple of days of struggling with the animation - I got it :) Now, all D3 units can be easily converted to D2.

Impressive! So d3 models are in a similar format to d2 ones? Does D3 use mpq for its files as well?

huohuowu2
Paladin
China

Post by huohuowu2 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:26 am

Nice work.
Is this difficult to get the 3d models from D3?

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:20 pm

kpepp" wrote: Impressive! So d3 models are in a similar format to d2 ones? Does D3 use mpq for its files as well?
No, D3 models are totally different than D2. They are not sprites, they are 3d models. D3 Doesn't use MPQ's anymore, they have a different files system now.
huohuowu2" wrote:Nice work.
Is this difficult to get the 3d models from D3?
It's not very difficult if you know what to do. But after you get the models, you still need to make sprites from them.

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:07 pm

jetaman" wrote:Now, all D3 units can be easily converted to D2.
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:52 pm

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:05 am

Impressive! This must me Azmodan (?)

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Post by jetaman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 pm

kpepp" wrote:Impressive! This must me Azmodan (?)
Yes, it is :)

Nephretes
Paladin

Post by Nephretes » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

I don't know whether you have changed lighting or it is more about textures of diablo 3 models, but it looks imo quite good and it's fitting the game. Much better than Oblivion rips for sure :)

Return to “Multimedia”