Is it possible to make Assassin merc ?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

blooded

Is it possible to make Assassin merc ?

Post by blooded » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:26 am

I was wondering if it's possible to make assassin merc. Did someone tried that ? Also can those mercs be hired at Act 4 ? I really want to hire Natalya :D

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Re: Is it possible to make Assassin merc ?

Post by Trevor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:38 pm

blooded" wrote:I was wondering if it's possible to make assassin merc. Did someone tried that ? Also can those mercs be hired at Act 4 ? I really want to hire Natalya :D
By assassin mercs, do you mean one that summons shadow masters? If so, I dont think so. Whoever, you can make a merc that has the skills like bladeshield, fireblast, etc. I made one of those.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:01 pm

You can also give your mercenary a passive skill through Monstats.txt which morphs it into an assassin or into another character :) As for the dual claw, it should require CE i think.

Try to replicate this skill in your skills.txt

Skill: Mercenary State
ID : your next in chain
passivestate: shadowwarrior
enhanceable: 0
range: none
reqlvl:1
maxlvl:99
passive:1

The rest of the columns should be empty

As shown by the image, if you decide to morph your hireling into a character, he/she will change appearance according to the equipped items!

blooded

Post by blooded » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 am

Can't you just take the code from the barb merc for the dual claw ? Also can you post a vid to see the assa merc in action starting with hiring her ? I wanna see if she morphs after you hire her or is she morphed before that :D Also can you make mercs be hired at act 4 ? Maybe from Tyrael or add new NPC, Natalya for example ?

Eimernase
Paladin

Post by Eimernase » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:27 pm

blooded" wrote:Also can you make mercs be hired at act 4 ? Maybe from Tyrael or add new NPC, Natalya for example ?
You can, but that needs some code edits to work. I did that long time ago (around 8 years) in an unofficial released version of my mod.

Return to “General Mod Making”