Love the changes coming

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

FPeacee

Love the changes coming

Post by FPeacee » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:59 pm

You really got me excited for all the changes here xaph, I can barely wait for this next patch. Only because I have to can I :D
Keep up the good work!

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: Love the changes coming

Post by prodigypm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:16 pm

FPeacee" wrote:You really got me excited for all the changes here xaph, I can barely wait for this next patch. Only because I have to can I :D
Keep up the good work!
+ The new adds in the changelog are really good. The nerf on Hunter was needed and the barb is going really smooth reading these days.
Still no information about the difficulties / 2 or 3 , that bothers me the most , some info will be apreciated .
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:28 am

Thanks guys. I hope once all of this is finnaly finished, you will like the direction the mod is going as much as I do.

Concerning difficulties, nothing is set in stone yet, however, there is some things that will definitely change from 'how it was planned to be' and 'how it will be'.

In version 6.00 the normal difficulty has been reworked : Monsters go up to level 75 instead of 50, and the monsters have been reworked a bit. Monsters resistances no longer stay at 30% for the whole difficulty, but instead increase at each act, making the game harder as you progress.

There probably won't be much more changes in version 6.00 relating to difficulty, but I have some ideas for later. As I said, nothing is set in stone and the following can change before it actually get implemented.

First of, I plan to increase the maximum level to 100. The main reason is because having all stuff from the 2nd difficulty requiring a level of 75 to be equiped will cause issues for players that play more than one character. It would be possible to farm the last act of the 2nd difficulty to find super powerfull gear still requiring level 75, and then put it on an other character, allowing the player to almost nullify the 2nd difficulty for that character. The second reason is that some players asked for a need of an 'endless XP farming'. This is why, while planning the 2nd difficulty monsters to reach level 90 (as well as the player), I plan to set the maximum level to 100 and not 90, so XP is still usefull. I also plan to make level 76 and higher way longer to earn that levels 1-75 do currently. Each level will require the same amount of XP, but you have an increased XP penality for each level. Also, playing in normal difficulty will reward almost no XP compared as if you play in the 2nd difficulty once you are level 75 or more.

Next is the question of a 3rd difficulty. I think I am going to keep a 3rd difficulty to the mod, but in a special way. The idea is to make the 3rd difficulty a sort of Elite content. Basically, the player would start in a completely new area, with end-game activities. This mean that the player would not have to complete the story 3 times, but instead meet new challenges designed for high level (90+) rewarding even better stuff and other items only avaiable there (maybe even things such as skillpoints, elite skills or whatever!). The idea I have in mind is to design this area as a sort of HUB from where the player choose wich activity he want to do, considering each activity have differents rewards to make your character better.

We will see how it goes, but this is what I have in mind right now :)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Now ya talkin man...I like what you say about 3-rd diff...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Next beta ETA? It is just so hard to let them play only sorceress... I'm still distributing the last beta but not many ppl have interest in it...
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:05 pm

This week or the next one ;)

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 pm

I'll be happy to give it a try. thank you for all the work your doing. Cheers!!

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:41 am

Wow that sounds amazing.. Very original :)

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:33 pm

This, still :)

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 am

Bump :p

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”