[Patch 5.2D] Eastern Sun Rises

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: [Patch D Released] Community Patches by AlphA

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Yeah. Just patch it over. A few days ago I realized that the last patch contains a rather large feature I haven't mentioned yet:
-you won't be able to max out skills until lvl 95, on the upside the maxlvl is increased by 1 for every skill once you reach lvl 100

This is duo the mechanics I added for one of the Hidden Treasures. Let me know what you think about it.

Cheers
AlphA

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

I have es300_R6D_full installed as well as ES 3.00 v1.12 Offline Setup installed. Everything works great. Now, for this patch do I need to do anything special? Or do I just slap it into my es300r folder?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:29 pm

If you playing with ES with 1.12a a few modifications are needed. First the statfix.dll, d2pickup.dll (goldpickup) and the customTbl.dll wont work. That means no auto goldpickup and you will need to add the new tbl entries either yourself or I can do it for you. Beside everything should work. If you need help with the Tbl let me know.

Cheers
AlphA

sixofour

Post by sixofour » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 am

Well, I honestly kinda wanted the gold pickup and the drop rate edits, but I can easily do those myself as I already kind of run a modified ES anyways. I increased walking speed due to the 0 def when running issue and increased mob group sizes. What file are the drop rates in? With my increase to group sizes my screen gets FILLED with white text to the point that half of the items dont show up because there is too much. I would probably just lower the ability for whites to drop significantly less. But, I am not actually sure it is that simple. I should probably just read the txt guides.

Also, this isn't exactly related to this patch, but when I set NBPlayers (what ever the option is in plugy) to anything other than "0" then plugy simply fails to work; says something about not getting memory access and then tells me to reinstall diablo 2. I can do "/players 8" in game and it works just fine though. Any ideas?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Gold pickup is a plugin only working for 1.10. You would need the port the code yourself. You can adjust the droprates in TreasureClassEx.txt. Got a PM.

Cheers
AlphA

Narzath

Post by Narzath » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey I'd just like to preface this comment by saying that I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to diablo so if I make a dumb suggestion please try to refrain from flaming me. Please. [=

Also this may seem like I'm whining a lot in this post (probably about unimportant stuff in the grand scheme of things) but I love this mod so please don't misunderstand me, a lot of this is just me brainstorming.

Is it possible we could have inner sight not act as a curse? I really love how the amazon could stack some interesting debuffs on top of the curses.

So these points are about trapsins.
1.) Are trapsins vastly underpowered? They feel like they are, atleast early on. Or maybe thats just the play style? Hard early on but its gets much better mid-to-late game?
2.) The animation as well as the sound effects for the Lava Sentry are just....wrong. They were clearly based on shock sentries but just had fire placed over the charge bolts. You still here the electric sound when they hit things, as well as that electric charged bolts noise as they move across the ground. On top of that the trap itself still *looks* electric. I've never really had any problems with the other animations but it looks and feels bad to me. Is there anyway we could see a visual/audio redesign on it? I imagine since its a trap you use earlier on there isn't much incentive to fix it - but it really stands out to me. Sorry.
2. ) Are ice fangs suppose to be better then ice blast? It seems like they aren't yet they are further down in the tree.
3. ) Is there anything more interesting we could do with poison in the trap tree? Poison stream just seems boring to me but maybe I haven't used it much yet. It would definitely be cool if we could get a poison&cold type trap and then have the fire&electric (Death Sentry?) trap as its compliment. Has anyone had experience with a poison stream type build here? Are people here happy with poison stream?

Paladins and annointed bear - Can we get bears in the druid tree and a specific paladin angel-like being that paladin could summon? You could only have 1 out ever but it could get very strong AOE type moves. Maybe you could combine like some jewels charms and gems into an item the paladin would summon the angel from - sorta how the metal golem works on items? Any ideas?

On an unrelated note:
I actually wrote out stats for an Elite item that I'd like to share. I have no idea how to "balance" items so if its over or underpowered I wouldn't know. The main theme for the weapon would revolve around having 3 different "chance to revive as:" stats on it. Would you like me to post it here?

Thanks for your time and dedication AlphA!
~Narz

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am

I could change Inner Sight back to how it worked in Vanilla. Afraid I wont get the -%Phy Res working then. About Traps. Haven't played one so I don't know about their power. I can tweak them early on if you feel they are too weak. Might try it myself first. I can change Lava Sentry out as well as as other odd skills as the annointed bear. It bugs me too.

Will check about ice fang/blast. Sure feel free to post it. Having three reviving stats would probably mean 1-2% for each to prevent it from triggering too often.

Cheers
AlphA

Narzath

Post by Narzath » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:37 pm

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:I could change Inner Sight back to how it worked in Vanilla. Afraid I wont get the -%Phy Res working then.
What exactly was/is the problem? Couldn't it still stack with curses but debuff them a little (way less than for example amplify dmg)?
If you don't feel like explaining because it would take too long, thats fine.

Hope we get a replacement summon for the paladin that fits. Or a holy hand grenade. That would be boss. Fire and Magic dmg obviously.

As far as the idea for my weapon goes - my core idea for the resurrected monsters is thus
- You have a pretty high percentage chance to raise some garbage that basically doesn't do much damage but will atleast act as cannon fodder. This mob should be something fun to watch die in large numbers without taking up too much screen space. Maybe some fast zombies?
- Medium-small chance to resurrect some sort of mob with knockback maybe? Or some other small useful power.
-very small chance to resurrect as some sort of decently powerful ranged or caster mob.

Personal rant - not really important:

I like having a class bring some sort of totally unique utility/debuff/ability that isn't just an attack. That way every class brings something special to a group that they otherwise wouldn't have. certain classes spells/curses are just inferior to other curses. However i understand if you could just stack debuffs/curses with every class this could cause balance issues. I'm not sure what these hypothetical utility abilities could or would be. Just food for thought.

also im really tired so if i sound crazy sorry ill edit it later

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 pm

In the Eastern Sun -%Physical Res didnt work for Inner Sight, I tried to get it working, but the only way was by making it a curse. I could revert the skill back to how it worked in D2 Vanilla.

About your personal rant, remove most oskills and you already got it;)

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:26 am

Have to add my 2 cents as well ...

Inner Sight did work successfully actually. It helped break those monsters that AD alone couldn't break. Very versatile but ultra-strong in that combo. Since using both, my Ama never encountered a phys-immune monster ever (lvl 97 now).

The Beat thingie is really something weird. I also agree that bears rather than Elemental makes more sense on Druid. Angelic helper on Paladin, why not? But I have never needed a pet as a paladin?

Trapsin is useless af. Not only early but also late as the dmg is quite inconsistant and quite low too. What somewhat killed the traps is the reduction to %enemylife on deathsentry CE. 20-40% doesn't do much. What further kills the build is that mostly Lightning Sentry reaches decent dmg values, but the min-max gap is just extremely large. Same why nobody really plays a (chain-)lightning Sorc. It just doesn't work too well.

What's a major no-no also is the amount of synergies - it kinda prohibits you from using your skillpoints in other skills that would help deter enemy-fire. Unless you're godly lucky with oskills ...

Somewhere I read that 92k dmg on Lightning-Sentry is possible with extreme involvement. But 1k-92k per shot is quite lackluster ...

Perhaps you could look into mindmg too to lessen the gap a little? :-)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 am

Not sure about Inner Sight, it saw other bugreports about it and tested it with two chars and it didnt work. If you got a char which can pierce Phy rRes with Inner Sight without my patch, I would like to test it myself if you can send me the save files.

I'll look into the trapsin problem. Hm I would rather keep the min-max range on all lightning skills. At least for traps there might be another way which is yet to be discovered ;).

Cheers
AlphA

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:12 am

I know tourneys are kinda dead, which is a shame, but with changes like this compared to bug fixes that community patches started out doing, does this mean that Tourneys are dead now?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Haven't really seen anyone playing tournaments using my patch. So much about that. In my last patch I included Hidden Treasures which apparently are either too hard to find or people won't post them. In the end its not much different to a tournament. So I assume there's simply no demand anymore. Most people I know are either playing themself SP or over at Snejboard and also playing themself:D.

I could totally make a tournament version which would have different crafting recipes or anything else player would ask for if there's demand.

PS: whats the difference between tourney and tournament beside tourney also being a verb?

Cheers
AlphA

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:15 pm

When I said tourney, I meant events like wrecking ball, or craftsmen tourneys which have been held in the past.
To me anyway, Tourney and Tournament are interchangeable terms.

It'd be hard to have a balanced tourney for rares for example, if half the people are using the last official patch, and the other half are using this patch

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Doesn't actually matter too much which version is used. If luck is on your side you get incredible items either way.

Here's mostly the erasure of certain crap mods that increase your odds ever so slightly.

Personally I'd enjoy joining a tournament. Perhaps a short one (kill Baal normal with lowest level possible) or something - untwinked obviously
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Trapper Assassins are quite powerfull if you know what to look for and how to play...been absent from these forums for a while but had to rectify your opinions...

Assassins are the most powerfull chars in this mod and any build works and powns by the way...I have been playing a Assassin for years here...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Highly appreciate your Input Lucifer.

I agree that all builds are viable, but I still consider that a dedicated Trapsin needs the highest investment whatsoever in order to be useful.

She steamrolls in normal/nightmare for sure, but once it's time for lategame she feels like a sack of potatoes. Obviously with staffmods like shadow-warrior or shadow-master and crowd-control she's viable, but needs pretty fast fingers and awareness of trapcount etc...

Still not sure whether she can fully clear domain on /p8

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Name - Type - Hard Points - Focus - Merc - Progress - Lvl - Deaths - Death Count

Trapper - Caster - 90 Str/Dex Rest ENE - Cold Traps MAX,S Warrior - Offensive Barbarian - Finished Hell(p/8) - 92 - 0 - 10932 RETIRED ・
Equip:Armor Eternal Reign (Te N Ka Wo To Ru) Eth Ceremonial Armor,Weapons Crafted Runic Talons and Slight of Hand
Scissors Suwayyah,Gloves Boots and Belt Rumour of Pain,Helm Magic Tiara(+4 Cold Mastery),Ring 1 Crafted Assassin,
Ring 2 Crafted Assassin,Amulet Rare Assassin
Merc Equip:Weapon Work of God (God No Mi Wa Sa)Runeword Eth Death Blade,Armor Fox (Ki Tsu Ne) Runeword
Eth Sylvan Chain,Helm Arthurs Crown Titania Crown,Gloves Rare Sharkskin,Belt Timeloop War Belt,Boots Hermes
Gift Gladiator Boots,Ring 1 Elemental Jewel,Ring 2 Rare.Amulet LOD Eye of Etlich
Charms:Gemmed Vet Charm.All Unique Charms,9 Traps Grand Charms
Weapon Switch:Cavemans Fury Cranium Basher (Shout Oskill)
Main Skills and Oskills:Cold Blast 100,Ice Fangs 100,Cold Wave 100,Shadow Warrior 62,Oak Sage 37,Shock Web 84,
Shout 32,Fade 63,Cold Mastery 35
Specific Info:Very Fun and Effective Char,Cold Mastery is a MUST for this...Cold Wave is actually the weakest
Skill out of cold traps...and Ice Fangs are hitting 12 times for 51000 a piece!!!After Maxing Cold traps and
obtaining the third Warrior i placed the rest of points in Shock Web for Sinergy...

SentryThrow - Caster - 75 Str/Dex Rest ENE - Sentrys , S Warrior - Offensive Barbarian - Finished Hell(p/8) - 92 - 0 - 1816 RETIRED ・
Equip:Weapons Crafted Runic Claws and Slight of Hand scissors Suwayyah,Armor Eternal Reign (Te N Ka Wo To Ru)
Eth Ceremonial Armor,Helm Rare Diadem(1 All,3 Traps,3 Sockets),Gloves Belt and Boots Rumour of Pain,Ring 1
Assassin Crafted(Oak Sage),Ring 2 Assassin Crafted(Fire Mastery),Amulet Rare Assassin(Lightning Mastery)
Merc Equip:Weapon Work of God (God No Mi Wa Sa)Runeword Eth Death Blade,Armor Fox (Ki Tsu Ne) Runeword
Eth Sylvan Chain,Helm Arthurs Crown Titania Crown,Gloves Rare Sharkskin,Belt Timeloop War Belt,Boots Hermes
Gift Gladiator Boots,Ring 1 Elemental Jewel,Ring 2 ???,Amulet LOD Eye of Etlich
Charms:Gemmed Vet Charm,All Unique Charms,2 Square Shadow Disciplines,5 Traps Grand Charms
Weapon Switch:LifeCleaver Ancient Axe
Main Skills and Oskills:Shock Web 100,Lava Sentry 100,Lightning Sentry 100,Steam Sentry 91,Death Sentry 78,Shadow warrior 64,
Oak Sage 38,Battle Orders 34,Fire Mastery 34,Lightning Mastery 33,
Specific Info:This Char requires a lot of strategy to play efficiently...AND Fire and/or Lightning Mastery to
be able to do some dmg in Hell,Death Sentry got only one skill point since it gives nothing back in sinergy to
other skills,and unlike with other Assassins i went for only 2 Warriors instead of 3 to have more points for
my traps...Lava Sentry was my main Fire Dmg Skill and Lightning Sentry Lightning Dmg...Steam Sentry
is far inferior to Lava Sentry concerning Dmg potential...Death Sentry should only be used as Corpse disposal
skill...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Narzath

Post by Narzath » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:00 am

Hey Lucifer, thanks for your input! You clearly have experience on the matter - nice gear.

Since you have so much time invested in trapsins, is there anything you feel should be changed? You mentioned lava sentry's (or maybe it was steam sentry's?) that were way underpowered. Do you think any of the skills in the tree should be moved around?

- I'd also like to know if you think poison stream should be changed or maybe replaced? What are your feelings?

Been playing a bunch of different characters lately, and I've had an idea on my mind about the LOD coupons.

I like collecting each of the uniques, so I'd rather not see their removal, however I do have an idea for carving out a niche for them.

I'm thinking that since you usually don't get 3 of a specific coupon until its too late in the game anyway (even with the amount of normal coupons that drop) is there a way we could get rid of the level requirement on them - or reduce them greatly? They could be fun as twinking weapons, and *most* weapons are useless or underpowered anyway - whats the harm? That and/or maybe we could get gem melding and d-stoning to only incur half of the level penalty they normally do? Same thing for most of the LOD runewords maybe?

Not sure how difficult that would be to implement.

I would love to hear people's opinions!

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 am

I am actually against making comm patches that change the game in any way...I have spoken to Perfect Cell on several occasions in the past about improving OFFICIALLY the mod,and until Alpha gets the green light from him and\or Tsuru i won't support this...

LOD Uniques pale even in comparison to Rares of the same type,they are only there for sentimentality...

Here is a Poison Stream build i made...she powned too...

PoisonIvy - Caster - 1 STR / 4 ENE - Poison Skills,S Master - Barbarian Offensive
Equip:Weapon Throatslitter Ancient Spike,Shield Assassin Crafted Ceremonial Shield(came with +7 Max ALL Resist and 3 Sockets),
Armor Bramble (Ral Ohm Sur Eth)LOD Runeword Shinobi Cloak(Came with +3 Poison Stream),Helm ???,Gloves Hands of the
Assassin Demonhide Gloves,Belt Rumour of Pain Sharkskin Belt,Boots Rumour of Pain Sharkskin Boots, Ring 1 ???,Ring 2 ???,
Amulet ???
Merc Equip:Weapon ???,Armor ???,Helm ???,Achilles Set Full...Ring 1 ???,Ring 2 ???,Amulet ???
Charms:9 Traps Grand Charms,1 Venom Large Charm
Weapon Switch:Rare Etherial Almost DualMax Katana with +3 Poison Stream(if I want to do more Physical DMG)
Main Skills and Oskills:
Specific Info:Tricky in the Start but rewarding later on,a bit slow killer since you mostly depend on the Barb to take down
Immunes,but once their Immunity is striped down they die in 2 seconds most of the time...almost every socket filled with
Bohemian Stone Jewels for more -Enemy Poison Resist...

Did not retire her yet...but she finished Hell on P\8 and nihlas domain...and obviously i did not write up her gear to the end,and i currently have no D2 installed to see what else she got on...

I bite down hard

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Perfect Cell - Last visited: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:47 am
tsuru - Last visited: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm

Not sure about that. If that's such a big deal to you guys I can rename it to: Unofficial Community Patches by AlphA. Well the question here is: What is your definition of change? If I change a Skill/Item which is not working properly, is that a change or a fix? If I buff/debuff a skill/item, is that such a change?

Thanks for your feedback on trapsins.

Cheers
AlphA

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Nothing wrong with the name man,i don't even have anything against you doing this,maybe it'a good thing,but i just dont want to use it as in my opinion you are making the game more simple and actually easyer...and besides i have been playing almost 5 years the same mod version,i am too lazy to learn from the beginning...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 am

Possible bug.
Level 26 druid, current skill level of cow balloon is 17 (including +skills)
It won't let me increase it further, stating I need to be level 18

I'll see if I survive another level and see if I can increase it then

edit: level 27, still the same can't increase it.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:26 am

@the_bogan:
A few days ago I realized that the last patch contains a rather large feature I haven't mentioned yet:
-you won't be able to max out skills until lvl 95, on the upside the maxlvl is increased by 1 for every skill once you reach lvl 100

This is duo the mechanics I added for one of the Hidden Treasures. Let me know what you think about it.
So its no bug, just not mentioned as a feature. I would like to hear what you think about it and if it makes leveling much harder.

@Lucifer666: :D :D

Cheers
AlphA

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Not so much harder, but it's a case of either leave a whole bunch of skill points unallocated, or force the character to diversify a fair bit.
I can see it would rule out a couple of classes, only being able to increase a skill level once every five levels. Playing a cow balloon character at least it makes it easy to level once I'm in the 30's just spam cow balloon against Lister and gain a couple of levels each run.
A character who's main skill doesn't rely on synergies too much would probably struggle.

It's a case of I'll probably get used to it and adapt the playstyle :-)

edit: have the droprates for runes changed? I seem to be getting mostly I and Yo runes, even in Nightmare act 1. Apart from the forge drop, Yo is the highest rune found, even doing the special areas in Normal.

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”