[Patch 5.2D] Eastern Sun Rises

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

xjasonlee

Re: [Patch B Released] Eastern Sun Rises

Post by xjasonlee » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:49 pm

tried switching between ddraw / glide. still doesnt work. i use english as well.

i tried doing a clean install and only copying over my character, still doesnt work.

creating a new character also gives me the error message.

as per any new patches, i created backup folders and the 4.2F patch still works fine

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Lets see if other people also encounter this bug. Meanwhile check if sth screwed up in the D2SE_Setup.ini and D2Mod.ini and everything else is where it should be,like tbls. (data/local/lng/eng/ES AlphA.tbl etc.)

Edit: Please try to unload BuffIcons and D2Dyes separately by removing those lines and let me know if that changes anything. BuffIcons=D2BuffIcons.dll D2Dyes=D2Dyes.dll

Cheers
AlphA

xjasonlee

Post by xjasonlee » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:31 pm

every file seems to be where it needs to be.

tried unloading Ext Merc, Buff Icons, Dyes all together and separately on a new character. still getting generic bad file error

edit: seems to be an issue with plugy. will keep you updated

edit2: ok so what i've figured out so far is that disabling PlugY allows me to load into new characters (cant load into pre existing characters probably due to expanded stash)

edit3: so deleting the shared stash with plug Y enabled allows me to enter game on new characters, but still cannot be entered with existing characters. this leads me to think its an item issue? the most obvious one would be tokenizer + tokens, but i've alredy thrown away all tokens and tokenizers from inventory

final edit: i just recalled that you planned on removing some ancient scrolls. did you do that this patch? also any other items / mods you have removed?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 am

No. Only the Tokenizer. Sure you dont have any leftover somewhere? Would be good to get feedback from other players. Will have another look at the files once I am home today.

Cheers
AlphA

xjasonlee

Post by xjasonlee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:32 am

ah ok. found a couple extra tokens i have missed.. damn things are tiny and i had like 100s of them. after that, i ran into another char error problem that mde diablo crash, but i quickly figured it out. for players updating to this patch they must also remove all equip from mercenary and re-equip after patching

everything is working now!! excited to try it out!

edit: ok maybe i spoke too soon... running into errors on my GF barb and my Fire Sorc now.. (different errors)
edit2: ok i havent figured out the problems with my GF barb and Fire Sorc, but when i reequip items into my mercenary on my Nova barb and try to reenter game i get an error....

https://imgur.com/JWhbbzM

I get the Assertion Failure on both my Barbarians (GF Barb has no equip on A2 Mercenary, Nova Barb has equip on A3 Mercenary)
I get a c000005 error on my immo sorc

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 am

Odd as my merc was working fine for.What other problems did you run into?

Cheers

AlphA

xjasonlee

Post by xjasonlee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 am

i did another clean install of the mod and removed the buffbar line frmo the config. everything is working again. merc seems to be okay now too. will keep you updated.

edit: did a few lost farm / baal / diablo / blood raven runs. no crashes everything okay. dyes working as intended. although it does feel like im finding less items worth picking up but that just might be becuase i lost some mf recently.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Try deleting the .d2x file of you char and see if that helps. (make a bakeup before).

Working on putting up all my files on github. That should make future patches easier for everyone. Will post a link once I am done. If anyone wanna join working on the mod. Thats the chance;).

Edit: Looking for people who can help me expand the wiki and help with other github related stuff. You can find the website here

Edit2: Contains a minor fix and a new bufficon.dll which might work for people who had problems before.

Edit3: Created a Discord Server for the mod: https://discord.gg/FwvF3Xy

Edit4: I encountered a bug and would like to get some feedback about it. When using the D2AnimatedItems.dll. and D2dye.dll at the same time, the items in your inventory wont show any color change, but on your char they will. Without the D2AnimatedItems.dll. it shows them in your inventory as well. My question now is, which way would you prefer. Right now the D2AnimatedItems.dll. is only used for torch. So removing it wouldnt be such a big deal.

If you want your items also be palshifted in your inventory. Disable the D2AnimatedItems.dll by removing the following line from D2Mod.ini D2AnimatedItems=D2AnimatedItems.dll.

Edit5: The reason why people encounter crashes might be the utility.dll. Waiting for a reply from the dav92 to replace it with a fixes version of his utility.dll. Also fixed a few bugs. Will upload a new version probably tomorrow. I also replaced the killcounter with a one counting all kills (including WW,Mercs,etc.) and I am currently working on improving mercs and the valkyrie a little. (thanks to Ogodei). This will open a lot of possibilites in the future. But more about that another time.

Cheers
AlphA

imakeigloos_pat

Post by imakeigloos_pat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 pm

I am having issues with D2BuffIcons.dll as well, giving me an error when loading it (using D2SE with ES R6E Com4.1N as base and applied your patch on top of it):

https://imgur.com/a/t6mVH

Tried latest D2BuffIcons.dll from github as well without success.

Otherwise I just want to say great job with your work. It is appreciated!

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Try to load the full patch from the github project, actually i don't think that this is a problem regarding the Bufficons Plugin.

imakeigloos_pat

Post by imakeigloos_pat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:50 pm

I am unfortunately getting the same error when I download the latest branch from github.

Once I don't load the BuffIcons plugin it works without flaws, so if it is not the plugin itself it must be some dependencies of sort or interaction with another plugin.

herewego

Post by herewego » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm having issues getting the mod to work, as the instructions are somewhat unclear.

If I download the zip from github, do I just drop the entire folder into my MODS folder and open it in d2se or do I have to open the zip folder, and copy/paste/replace the files into my original ES R6ECom 4.1.?

I've tried both and they don't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:58 am

@imakeigloos_pat: Working on it. Will upload another version soon. Dont use the bufficon.dll in the.meantime. The utility.dll might be the cause and I will replace it with D2SmallUtility.dll by Dav92. (With the reanimate bug fixed)

@herewego: Sorry if its unlcear. First you install the D2SE Com Patch mod from Snej board. Next you copy my files over the mod you just installed. You have to replace a few files. If it didnt work you must have made a mistake somewhere. I would guess somehow you screwed up the folder structure.

If its still not working, take a screen of your Eastern Sun Com mod folder.

Join the Discord if you need more help;).

Cheers
AlphA

herewego

Post by herewego » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:30 pm

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:@imakeigloos_pat: Working on it. Will upload another version soon. Dont use the bufficon.dll in the.meantime. The utility.dll might be the cause and I will replace it with D2SmallUtility.dll by Dav92. (With the reanimate bug fixed)

@herewego: Sorry if its unlcear. First you install the D2SE Com Patch mod from Snej board. Next you copy my files over the mod you just installed. You have to replace a few files. If it didnt work you must have made a mistake somewhere. I would guess somehow you screwed up the folder structure.

If its still not working, take a screen of your Eastern Sun Com mod folder.

Join the Discord if you need more help;).

Cheers
AlphA
Thanks for reply. Could you direct me tot he D2Se Com patch mod? I looked at the SNEJ boards, not quite sure which one. Any help would be appreciated.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 am

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks J'P. Hopefully I will upload a new version tomorrow. Added a few nice things for you guys. Sadly I couldnt get the bufficons.dll working. So it will be disabled for the meantime.

Patch is up on github Eastern Sun 5.1c. Please follow those instructions to install the mod. People already installed the mod obviously can skip Step 1.

Step 1: Install the ES Com version which can be found on the Snejportal.
Step 2: Remove all Tokens, Weapons with Quantity, Keys, Tome of Townportal and Tome of Identify (if you wanna keep all items with Quantity, go to D2Mod.ini and change SaveBits=14 to SaveBits=9. However, you wont be able to play with people who have a different value.
Step 3: Copy all files from this folder directly into the ES Com folder. You should overwrite some files.
Step 4: Remove Utility.dll, D2AnimatedItems.dll and Statfix.dll (from previous patches)
Step 5: If you can load your Character, delete the charname.d2x file
Step 6: Replace all Damage Augmenters with new ones

Edit: Released a small hotfix. Please redownload the data folder and the d2mod.ini and D2Bufficons.dll. It should work now for everyone, Mnw1995 fixed a bug that caused a crash relateded to statfix.dll and D2SmallUtility.dll In case its not working. Update/Install Visual Studio 15.

Cheers
AlphA

Sky-Fire

Post by Sky-Fire » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:37 pm

add to Step2: You also have to remove all items with repair on it, no way around it !

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 am

Sky, thaison aka vietnam and maks aka aught agreed to help out with the mod. Thaison will help out with code edits. maks will rework all skills plus new ones and also add new itemstats. dont know about what to expect yet either:P. sky and me gonna work on the base item system and rework the cubemain alongside misc items. once a we have a playable version, we will release a beta. I might release another smaller patch in the meantime. The finial version might appear quite different to what ES is now. We will keep iconic things but will also see great change.

If you wanna know more and give your feedback join our discord. Feel free to ask any questions. https://discord.gg/FwvF3Xy

Edit: Uploaded a small bugfix regarding throwing weapons. Please replace your data folder. Also for anyone who didnt notice. Bufficons.dll finally work.

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:49 pm

WOW thanks for the Update AlphA this sounds amazing- cant wait to play it
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 am

Updated the wiki with a minor patch containing said bugfix and some fixes done by thaison. Check discord/github for more.

Updated the first post. Thanks for all the support.

Cheers
AlphA

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Re: [Patch D Released] Eastern Sun Rises

Post by Perfect Cell » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:05 pm

I'm so glad to see someone took over working on ES, again! I lost touch with much of the players ages ago, and was glad tsuru stepped in to breathe fresh life into the addon (as I did from Lothar) with a swathe of new features. This new update looks to do what I was planning to do, but better, and in a more timely fashion. So thank you Alpha, and many of the other active community players that contributed to this great new patch!

Sorry to those who became frustrated with my lack of updates after I . I lost my nerve when the last of my old HDD's died. Working from older files knowing so much progress was unsaved, and how I arrived at them was maddening. I do still have older files I'll continue to mess around with from time, and see if I can complete the skill descriptions I previewed to add to this update. Time has been very short the last few years, as I moved on from my old employment (lawyer) to starting my own business (venture capital). I also had a son last June, so uninterrupted hours--even minutes--are rare nowadays.

I'm off to China to visit the in-laws for a week or so to have them spend time with their grandson, but I joined the ES Discord today under Kainhnz. Maybe I'll get to play some MP somewhere down the line with some of you :)
later

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: [Patch D Released] Eastern Sun Rises

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks for the help and cleaning up this subforum a bit. I and probably everyone else is hoping you stay around for a while. Sorry to hear about losing most of your progress. That always sucks.

We already spoke about it on Discord. But might add it here too. Once Perfect Cell has sorted out his stuff we might be able to add it to the current patch line. As the next version is pretty much an complete overhaul. So it might be best to keep the both versions then.

Edit: Uploaded Patch E to github.
Edit2: Updated the first post to Patch H. Thnaks to reiyo_oki for his hard work. Those who joined our discord might already know, my laptop crashed a while ago and I wont be able to release any new patches till I get a new computer.

Cheers
AlphA

INFECTiON_
United States of America

Re: [Patch H Released] Eastern Sun Rises

Post by INFECTiON_ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:32 pm

In the readme, you should add that set & unique bows and amazon spears need to be removed from characters/stash in order to make it compatible, which is odd as none of those had self-repair or quantity to them. Just spent an hour transferring my stash page by page to figure that one out lol.
Currently Playing : Eastern Sun/Eastern Sun Rises
81 Sorceress: Frosty            83 Barbarian: Brutus
68 Necromancer: Mortis          69 Amazon: Myrina
79 Assassin: Elia
54 Paladin: Moradin

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi All,

so happy u still keeping it up, but I kinda think your updates r too rare and stuff doesn't change often enough. - Now don't get me wrong, we all know you guys r doing this for free / during off-times, but we've been aroused for quite a couple months (may I say years? ;-) ) and especially since PC and a couple others chimed in, tension started building and we're all waiting for this ominous release you've been spoiling ;-)

so PLEASE - give us some timeframe to work with - cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Well for one I cant work cause my modding computer broke down a couple month ago (cant access my modding files), second I am waiting for aught/maks who is busy IRL to finish the skill rework. I am also considering to add Dreamland support, but also waiting for an update here and that would mean no server, as it wouldnt be complatible. Beside I moved back to Berlin, got my own apartment and a few side jobs. Been busy with those (and playing PoE). Soon the new semester starts again and I really should start reviewing my chinese lectures. So I as much as I would like to give you a time frame, I simply can not.

Perfect Cell offered to add sth he was working on, but so far I got no feedback. Lately he isnt replying on Discord either.

Edited: Added latest plugy version 11.02. See http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html for changes.

Cheers
AlphA

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”