Need help on how to increase the chance of certain uniques?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

JustinYummy

Need help on how to increase the chance of certain uniques?

Post by JustinYummy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:40 am

Hey guys. I've been reading guides trying to learn how to accomplish my goal for multiple hours, but it's all too much information to process for me, and I'm not 100% confident in how to do this.

I'm trying to greatly increase the chance of finding the extremely rare unique items such as fathom, darkforce, grandfather, windforce, etc., for Hell Baal, and Diablo (or all bosses if it's easier). For example I want fathom to be 1:800 chance instead of a disgusting 1:12000 from hell baal)

Increasing high rune drop rate for all monsters would be great too, but the first thing is by far my highest priority if this is too much work.

That's it™

I've read enough about this stuff that it's very likely I will understand your explanations, but I really just the answer at this point lol.

Can anyone tell me what file and what columns to edit to accomplish this......please....

Thanks a lot.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Need help on how to increase the chance of certain uniqu

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 am

uniqueitems.txt and TreasureClassEx.txt should be all you need. Check the fileguide for those two.

Cheers
AlphA

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 am

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:uniqueitems.txt and TreasureClassEx.txt should be all you need. Check the fileguide for those two.

Cheers
AlphA
I did read the file guides for them :S

I've looked at all this stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58662

https://d2mods.info/index.php?ind=revie ... w&iden=368

https://d2mods.info/index.php?ind=revie ... w&iden=386

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=7775170

I've also tried looking at BlackWolf's drop mod files and comparing it to the base files, and tweaking blackwolf's files, but his files are so much different from the base files (his treasure file has the unique names actually typed out with the probability, but changing the probably doesnt seem to do anything...)

dreameaterx
Slovakia

Post by dreameaterx » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Raise the rarity column of them uniques to 999

If you don't get it enough, just add it to Baal's drop with name of the item and put there like 10 or so or count that chance and put there such an amount

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm

thewolfzero" wrote:Raise the rarity column of them uniques to 999

If you don't get it enough, just add it to Baal's drop with name of the item and put there like 10 or so or count that chance and put there such an amount
Oh? It was to my understanding that the rarity column is only used for items that share the same base item.

For example, Amulets have a chance to be multiple different things (Maras, Nokozan, Metalgrid, etc) The higher the rarity the higher chance it will be that item once identified.

Same case for Sacred Armor. Templar's Might is set to 8 for the rarity, and 1 for Tyrael's Might. Meaning you have a 1:9 chance to get Tyrael's might.

You'll notice that only items that have this factor are not set to "1" for rarity.

However I will test it out when I have time later today!

As for adding the item name directly to their TC, that sounds really interesting. I will def give that a try later.

Thanks

dreameaterx
Slovakia

Post by dreameaterx » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm

Rarity does increase drop, look at gems in misc, they are placed after each other the same way in there as in TC and each one has 1 rarity more. Then, in TC all gems have chance to drop 3, thus the ones more to left would drop more often because they are first in queve, but if you increase rarity by one to each which has more before it, thus you counter the game prefering those more to left and all drop with equal chance.

phogs
Australia

Post by phogs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 pm

The dominant factor for the scarcity of such Unique items is largely tied to the drop rates of high TC bases (such as Dimensional Shard, Colossus Blade, etc.). The 'autotc' categories in TreasureClassEx can be fine tuned to increase the likelihood of these higher. Check out the autotc picks that are listed in the following kinds of categories:
  • Act X Equip A/B/C
    Act X Melee A/B/C
    Act X Bow A/B/C
In these TC entries you will see 'weap81', 'weap84', 'armo81', 'armo72', etc. which are the autotc categories the game generates based on the 'level' columns in Weapons/Armor txt files. Increase the probabilities in TreasureClassEx for high TC entries and you will see rarer bases more often (such as more Giant Threshers and Berserker Axes if you increase weap87 coefficients).

As an example, row 165 in TreasureClassEx is 'Act 5 (H) Equip C)' has 'weap87' with a probability of 14 - increasing this to 28 will double the chances of TC87 weapon bases from dropping. Do note that the most likely drop in each of these categories is the 'rollover' chance to the row before it (in this instance Act 5 (H) Equip B) which has a probability of 1530), so you can also decrease this to get a similar effect.

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 am

phogs" wrote:The dominant factor for the scarcity of such Unique items is largely tied to the drop rates of high TC bases (such as Dimensional Shard, Colossus Blade, etc.). The 'autotc' categories in TreasureClassEx can be fine tuned to increase the likelihood of these higher. Check out the autotc picks that are listed in the following kinds of categories:
  • Act X Equip A/B/C
    Act X Melee A/B/C
    Act X Bow A/B/C
In these TC entries you will see 'weap81', 'weap84', 'armo81', 'armo72', etc. which are the autotc categories the game generates based on the 'level' columns in Weapons/Armor txt files. Increase the probabilities in TreasureClassEx for high TC entries and you will see rarer bases more often (such as more Giant Threshers and Berserker Axes if you increase weap87 coefficients).

As an example, row 165 in TreasureClassEx is 'Act 5 (H) Equip C)' has 'weap87' with a probability of 14 - increasing this to 28 will double the chances of TC87 weapon bases from dropping. Do note that the most likely drop in each of these categories is the 'rollover' chance to the row before it (in this instance Act 5 (H) Equip B) which has a probability of 1530), so you can also decrease this to get a similar effect.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63746

I tried doing that already and I didn't see any changes :( (Can you take a peak and see if you notice anything I did wrong, thanks)

Some things came up and I haven't been able to test what wolf said (Rarity Column). I'll test more tomorrow for sure.

Also I'm going to do what you said but I'm going to do it on Pinkleskin. There might be some other conflicting reason its not working for Diablo. Maybe what I did to to allow him to drop what baal is able to wasn't correct.

JustinYummy

Post by JustinYummy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:41 am

I'm extremely embarrassed to say this, but I'm going to own up to it.

...IT SURE WOULD HELP IF I WOULD HAVE CONVERTED THE .TXT TO A .BIN

*facepalm*

NO WONDER THIS {filtered} DOESN'T WORK LOOOOOOOOOL.......

I've been testing {filtered} for the past 3 1/2 hours and nothing seems to be helping. NO {filtered}.

I decided to experiment with that blackwolf dropmod I mentioned earlier...trying to figure out what is causing the mod to work (2nd time ive used this method btw, but the first time was near the beginning of my adventure)...deleting large chunks out of the treasure.txt seeing when it will make an impact....75% of the way down with nothing seeming to overly affect the drops...i tried deleting the .bin file...WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT... *facepalm*

...Welp at least I learned A LOT about TCs, treasure.txt, uniqueitem.txt, ETC

I've spent at LEAST 12 hours total reading about this {filtered}...truly hopeless...

:roll:

edit: https://i.gyazo.com/695c806a427d2bfef45 ... fae747.png

thanks everyone for your time

ive seen there is other people that are interested in the same type of modification I made

after i test it ill post a copy ^_^

edit: 11/30/17 update: i've been playing a {filtered} load, and i'm still fine tuning it :D

Return to “General Mod Making”