Help with PlugY configuration for two D2 installs

Discuss applications of D2Mod (v1.10), NefEx (v1.11+), and PlugY, and post suggestions for future plugins.

Moderators: Nefarius, Yohann, SVR

Surprentis

Help with PlugY configuration for two D2 installs

Post by Surprentis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi all.

So I have one install of Diablo 2 for battle.net and a separate one for plugY (with a different folder name as well and for all troubleshooting purposes: my 1.13d install of d2 is located at G:\Plugy with all the plugy stuff in it as well obviously and my BATTLE.net install is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II). I've noticed that if I have 2 installs PlugY wont load and it seems to me it is because I need to tell PlugY which executable to run. In the PlugY.ini I am assuming it has something to do with the following strings:

[GENERAL]
ActivePlugin=1
DisableBattleNet=1
ActiveLogFile=0
DllToLoad=
DllToLoad2=
ActiveCommands=1
ActiveCheckMemory=1

If I am correct is it the "DIItoload" string where I am supposed to put something to alleviate this issue? If so what exactly do I type in there? Otherwise the only way I can play plugY is if I uninstall my D2 that I use for battle.net or reddits slashdiablo.

Thanks for the help!

Surp

Edit : Im on Windows 10

Surprentis

Re: Help with PlugY configuration for two D2 installs

Post by Surprentis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 pm

I knew something was off I checked PlugY's logs and I found this

***** Init custom libraries *****
***** Load localized Strings *****
Load custom file : PlugY\LocalizedStrings.ini-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II base\PlugY\LocalizedStrings.ini
Failed to load LocalizedStrings, default values used.

maybe thats the problem it shouldnt be loading that I dont know how to get it to not load anything from my D2 base game

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Re: Help with PlugY configuration for two D2 installs

Post by Kaladann » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:16 am

Hello !

If you have 2 game folder, as the game store his path in the registry, you have to make a switcher to choose beetwen you Bnet version or your Plugy version of the game :)

The game path is stored here (regedit) :
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II]
"InstallPath"="C:\Your\game\folder\"
"Save Path"="C:\Your\game\folder\Save\"

You can export the regkey, edit the file with your favorite text editor, 1 in each game folder, then apply the .reg of the folder you want to play :)
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

Return to “PlugY|NefEx|D2Mod”